37 28.24%
Votes: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 14th, 2019, 05:03 PM #81
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

But...wait. Disney found its groove right away. Wild Force, Ninja Storm, and Dino Thunder were great.
Now people say they were great. They had issues, enough to consider SPD a high point...until Kalish's ways became apparent.
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 05:14 PM #82
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

kibapower wrote: View Post

Now people say they were great. They had issues, enough to consider SPD a high point...until Kalish's ways became apparent.
Maybe I'm easy to please, but enjoyable Power Rangers for me is incredibly easy. Don't be like Megaforce or Ninja Steel and I'll find them enjoyable. I think people put expectations on Power Rangers that they've never been able to meet and only remember the absolutely highs within certain seasons and thus hold everything else to that standard even when those seasons as a whole don't measure up the moments they consider the best.

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

That's because Hasbro chose a season with barely anything in it to adapt.

Other than American-Exclusive things they might add, they have like...

Gold/Silver Rangers + Their Zords
Lion Zord
Team Power Up which is just a vest
and then POSSIBLY the Frog Zord, if they choose to use it. And then even then, it'd be one zord battle unless they film original zord footage which I doubt.

And that's literally all they have left to introduce, for 34 more episodes., not counting Villain suits.
I'm aware, I've watched Go-Busters. That wasn't the point of my post.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 14th, 2019, 05:19 PM #83
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

JaimeZeo wrote: View Post

Keep in mind I'm not saying people can't like it; far from it. But I stand by the idea that in order to do so you have to either lower your standards to meet it or just have low standards in general.
You're free to think that. And I still think that's not really fair to say. Maybe it just comes down to opinions again.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 05:26 PM #84
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

kibapower wrote: View Post

Wait...so I liked those seasons before they were cool!?

TrendSETTER!

For real though, I may not have liked every Disney Era season. But the only one I'd ever outright call bad was Overdrive. And even that, I feel like was better than even the best Neo-Saban season (really painful to admit. I LOVE the Dino Charge rangers and hate the Overdrive team)

Even now as I've reached Lightspeed (another season I've never been fond of) in my series rewatch, there's just....such a dramatic difference between its quality and Beast Morphers, you never would have guessed that Chip was involved in both of them.

Everything after RPM has just felt so...dumbed down in terms of storytelling and even acting (again, REALLY saying something when you take seasons like Overdrive and Mystic Force into account). Watching older seasons at the same time I'm watching this just makes that realization even more jarring. There's just no longer a sense that anyone other than the actors care anymore.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

I think people put expectations on Power Rangers that they've never been able to meet and only remember the absolutely highs within certain seasons and thus hold everything else to that standard even when those seasons as a whole don't measure up the moments they consider the best.
Nah. I've been going through the whole series for a few months now and while certain seasons like Space and Galaxy might not be AS good as I remembered, almost everything I've watched has been more entertaining than anything I've seen from this series in the past 8 years :/
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 05:52 PM #85
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

One thing I've noticed with this season is that since there isn't much to adapt they seem to be scrambling for things that work. The story is different from Go-Busters and not as dark. I wonder how much involvement Nickleodeon has in the production. Also, it makes me question how much of the suits were usable because the megazord just came out this episode. Episode 6 was the episode Go-Buster Oh arrived, so it's neck to neck.
vze21gwa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 05:55 PM #86
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

vze21gwa wrote: View Post

One thing I've noticed with this season is that since there isn't much to adapt they seem to be scrambling for things that work. The story is different from Go-Busters and not as dark. I wonder how much involvement Nickleodeon has in the production.
Outside of content guidelines? Probably none. Nobody from Nick actually has a producing credit on the show.
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:08 PM #87
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

Outside of content guidelines? Probably none. Nobody from Nick actually has a producing credit on the show.
I remember the same thing was said for the Disney season. They didn't "officially" had a hand in the production, but the influence was there. I remember Kalish saying there were some ideas he couldn't implement. Also, I believe Dino Thunder originally wanted to kill of the White Ranger but Disney didn't allow it.
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:12 PM #88
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Disney didn't want them killing Cole's family either but we see how that went XD
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:13 PM #89
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

I remember the same thing was said for the Disney season. They didn't "officially" had a hand in the production, but the influence was there. I remember Kalish saying there were some ideas he couldn't implement. Also, I believe Dino Thunder originally wanted to kill of the White Ranger but Disney didn't allow it.
Disney also owned the show. Nick just pays Hasbro for it. In terms of killing the white Ranger that'd likely fall into the content guidelines.
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:18 PM #90
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Also, it makes me question how much of the suits were usable because the megazord just came out this episode.
What do you mean exactly? The scene was pretty much just Sentai footage.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:25 PM #91
> RangerSentai
Power Ranger

RangerSentai
Power Ranger

An episode about trust that's very simple but effective.

Glad to finally see the Megazord in action, though I was kind of hoping Nate would somehow reverse engineer some sort of way for the Gigadrone to be the Megazord skeleton, but a two vs. one giant robot battle does work just as well. It also shows why Evox's forces don't just attack during transformation sequences: shields.

If there's anything to complain about it's Devon's attitude resembling his dad when he's questioned on his skills. I mean I get the mean streak with him being a gamer and being the son of a stern and strict Mayor, but it came off as way too harsh, IMHO... although that may have been the point.
RangerSentai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:27 PM #92
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

One thing I've noticed with this season is that since there isn't much to adapt they seem to be scrambling for things that work. The story is different from Go-Busters and not as dark. I wonder how much involvement Nickleodeon has in the production. Also, it makes me question how much of the suits were usable because the megazord just came out this episode. Episode 6 was the episode Go-Buster Oh arrived, so it's neck to neck.
I wouldn't say they're scrambling. They've been establishing their story; GB discovers a way to harvest morphing grid energy in morph-x. Create ranger tech, sentient virus Evox infiltrates and corrupts two of the candidates. In a skirmish, two others are given the powers with the third candidate. From there, they're rangers and foiling the bad guys' plans. Typical PR, but not scrambling.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:38 PM #93
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

What do you mean exactly? The scene was pretty much just Sentai footage.
If you read the whole quote I was stating that we have adapted GB episode for episode. I would've expected them to skip an episode or so. I'm wondering if maybe they haven't because they only have a limited set of monster suits.
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:41 PM #94
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

If you read the whole quote I was stating that we have adapted GB episode for episode.
But they haven't. They skipped episode 2 of Go-Busters.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 06:48 PM #95
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

We'll be coming back around to it. Burnerroid is one of the keys for the morpher.

I'm wondering if maybe they haven't because they only have a limited set of monster suits.
Again, Ninja Steel was pulling out Monsters from Ninja Storm. That the suits turn to dust at the stroke of midnight is a myth.
Old April 14th, 2019, 07:01 PM #96
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

We'll be coming back around to it. Burnerroid is one of the keys for the morpher.
I figured as such.

Again, Ninja Steel was pulling out Monsters from Ninja Storm. That the suits turn to dust at the stroke of midnight is a myth.
Didn't they recreate some of the suits? Also, It was 6 years since GB was adapted as opposed to one year for Ninja Storm. Were the suits given the same treatment? Given that they skipped to Kyuryuger I'm not sure they did. I know in the old days the suits would fall apart. Such as Rito and Prince Gasket suits. I know the main villain suits are much higher quality because you see them every episode as opposed to the MOTW suits.

Technically they didn't. They showed the part where they collect the monster parts.
Old April 14th, 2019, 07:05 PM #97
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

[HIDE]Again, Ninja Steel was pulling out Monsters from Ninja Storm. That the suits turn to dust at the stroke of midnight is a myth.
Yeah geez, they turn back into Pumpkin Rappers, duh! XD
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 07:10 PM #98
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Didn't they recreate some of the suits?
We have one comment on that that wasn't even a direct quote. We don't really know what they meant by that and nobody has ever pressed them for more details. To me, It probably meant the suits that needed to be recreated (which some of them surely did), but far from all of them.

Also, It was 6 years since GB was adapted as opposed to one year for Ninja Storm. Were the suits given the same treatment?
Ninja Steel was pulling out suits that were made for Hurricanger 15 years prior. Plus ones from SPD, Mystic Force, Overdrive, Jungle Fury, RPM.

I know in the old days the suits would fall apart. Such as Rito and Prince Gasket suits. I know the main villain suits are much higher quality because you see them every episode as opposed to the MOTW suits.
In the old days Toei would literally just leave them stacked up in a pile on the floor which they don't do anymore. Plus advancements in technology have made them last longer.
Old April 14th, 2019, 08:18 PM #99
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

I think it's good. Not amazing, I doubt it'll be in my top 10 favorite seasons, but it's good. It's got problems, but I think it's a pretty big step up from the past few years.
Oh, it's an HUGE, HUGE improvement than Ninja Steel/Super Ninja Steel and Dino Super Charge.

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

But...wait. Disney found its groove right away. Wild Force, Ninja Storm, and Dino Thunder were great.
I respectfully disagree about Dino Thunder.
Champ is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2019, 08:24 PM #100
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Champ wrote: View Post

I respectfully disagree about Dino Thunder.
With you there. DT is in my top four most disliked seasons.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.

Tags
#savej, grand theft buddyroid, please save j, you took j you bastards!