Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2019, 10:10 AM #21
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Yeah, at least some of them make sense as something a normal person might say (like Saki's "I'm in top form!" and to a lesser extent Nozomi's "It's decided!") but some can get pretty stupid at times. I forget, did Hibiki or Mirai have catchphrases?
That can be said about all catchphrases in Toku.

===

Dekaranger Episode 22: Full Throttle Elite

So does Bon-Goblin grow large EVERY time he gets food stuck in is throat? Like how did he discover this power?

And the official Sixth Ranger arrives for the season! After the Dekaranger finish licking their wounds and spouting the typical Sentai platitudes, they get notified by the commander of the entire Dekaranger organization that heís sending one of the Special Elite to help the Earth branch with the Hells Siblings. The Dekaranger fight and at first seem like theyíre doing a great job, but when things start to go south itís time for some help. DekaBreak arrives in his DekaBike which turns into DekaBike Robo. I like the design and how it matches the whole aesthetic of the season. He manages to have a great first outing as a Ranger, managing to destroy Bon-Goblin. He introduces himself to the team as TetsuÖ.and immediately tells the Dekaranger to back off the case and that heíll handle it. This pisses Ban off, but as the show has established thatís not very hard to do.

With regard to Tetsu, from what little we saw of him I quite enjoy him! I like how he points out how stupid it is that the team is running on ďjustice will prevailĒ as thatís the response I usually have when the team starts spouting it. I like the stark contrast with Ban. However in my opinion, the introduction of Tetsu points out Banís more annoying tendencies like rushing in headfirst to attack the guy because he doesnít like him. I canít wait until he grows up and calms down. Boy needs a lot of chill pills. Anyway, this was a nice episode; nothing particularly stood out to me. Though I do like that the Hells Siblings set up a Sentai Villain Fortress, so I guess in a normal season theyíd be the villains with Abrella as the general? I could see them as an actual serious version of Zone from Fiveman. It fits.

===========

Futari wa Pretty Cure: Ep. 30: Explosive! Pretty Cure Rainbow Storm

Itís sad how much I relate to Nagisa in terms of schoolwork, though my grades are far better than hers and I use the same method.

I canít say that I love this episode. In fact, I found it to be annoying. Why you might ask? Because of Pollun the tumor that is draining any enjoyment I have in this show at the moment. It might seem like Iím exaggerating, but when heís actively making the main characterís lives worse by being there I think itís a sign heís a bad character. So the gals are back at school, Nagisaís homework is not done and Honokaís is done. Turns out the Devil Child snuck into Nagisaís bag because he wanted to go to school too! He proceeds to cause trouble because thatís all itís good for. His actions cause the girls to get in trouble at every turn because he doesnít know how to behave. I wouldnít have an issue with this character if the show tried to make it into an arc, but the show makes it out like heís perfectly fine the way he is when he needs a slap on the face and someone to tell him to grow up and act like the prince he supposedly is. To quote a wise unicorn, ďThe only thing royal about you is that you are a royal pain!Ē


Anyways back to the main plot, the Dark Seeds show up at the girlsí school and proceed to blow the Cures out of the water. Iíve got to say, I like the direct approach that these guys have. They donít beat around the bush and I like that. The Guardian finds himself in trouble so he, reluctantly, has to give the Power of Creation to The Brat. He bestows the Rainbow Braces unto the Cures, given them enhanced reflexes as well as a new attack: The Pretty Cure Rainbow Storm! Itís impressive. I would have liked if the Braces gave their outfits a bit of an upgrade, maybe some accessories or a different hairstyle maybe, but itís fine the way it is. The Cures ultimately force the Dark Seeds to retreat, but itís a hollow victory given that they have the Prism Stones and The Guardian. This episode continues the streak of some good ideas that get bogged down by the tumor that is Pollun. Iím curious where itíll go from here.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 11:36 AM #22
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682



Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Yeah, at least some of them make sense as something a normal person might say (like Saki's "I'm in top form!" and to a lesser extent Nozomi's "It's decided!") but some can get pretty stupid at times. I forget, did Hibiki or Mirai have catchphrases?
Mirai I joked about as being terrible: it was "wakuwaku mon da!" (it's super exciting)

Hibiki...not sure. Closest I can think of was her and Kanade both saying "Zettai ni yurusanai!" before transforming...though amazingly even the Minor Land villains joke at one point they tend to say that before transforming since that's their big "unity" moment to allow them to use their powers. (they claim her's is "I"m betting my pride as a woman on this" but I don't even remember Hibiki ever saying that; I still say it's "Zettai ni yurusanai!")
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2019, 08:42 PM #23
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Before I get to the review, just want to let whoever reads these that this thread is probably a Precure Review thread at this point. Itís what I enjoy reviewing the most. Sentaiís just something I enjoy binging and the review routine isnít something I enjoy for it. Anyways off to the review!

=

Futari wa Pretty Cure: Ep. 31: Did he really run away? Where is Pollun!?

Someone needs to give The Guardian a raise. Heís not being paid enough for all the crap he has to put up with.

After a much needed break from Pollun, Iím back to the next episode whereÖPollun is back to top form. I actually think that he was more tolerable in this episode. The main premise isÖ.Pollun runs off because heís lonely and the girls need to find him. Havenít we done this premise before? Like a lot already? Heís still an annoying brat but I can understand his thought process here. Heís homesick because heís been deprived of the world heís known and the people who tolerate him more. I just wish his loneliness wasnít dialed up to eleven. Maybe something softer would have worked. I know itís not in his personality but a guy can hope.

Moving away from the Pollun of it all, I think the battle with Muscular Male was actually pretty good. Iím continuing to like the Dark Seeds direct approach. They want to know where the Stonesí power went, and they confront the girls immediately. It shows that they mean business and I liked how the girls had to actually fight their way out of it for once. I hope that Pollun doesnít have to give the Cures their Rainbow Braces every time or else that will get annoying real fast. I hope theyíre just a part of the girls standard transformation now. Watch me be wrong. The episode actually ends strongly with the Dark King being revived by the Seeds. Iím a bit unsure about how they could do that, but it does show that the stakes are high for the Cures. My only hope is that he doesnít just keep being revived over and over as I know that Max Heart is approaching slowly. I donít have to much to say as I feel like the episode didnít have a plot. It was just sort of there. I do like that they have a direct line to the Garden of Light, but that wonít be good for Pollun. I predict more temper tantrums in the future, poor us.



Also question:

Do the citizens know that the Precures exist in this season? I know that there was the one episode with the girls pretending to be Precures, but it just seems like the people arenít affected all. Just a thought I had.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2019, 09:01 PM #24
Akiba Black's Avatar
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,954
Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
Akiba Black's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,954



As far as I can remember no, aside from that one episode I don't think anyone really ever talks about them (then again, usually whenever they appear everyone's already unconscious by that point).
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2019, 09:04 PM #25
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Akiba Black wrote: View Post

As far as I can remember no, aside from that one episode I don't think anyone really ever talks about them (then again, usually whenever they appear everyone's already unconscious by that point).
That's fair. Akane just conveniently fell asleep in the last episode I watched before the Cures fought. I just wish it felt like the girls were protecting the city rather than just the Stones and The Brat.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2019, 09:24 PM #26
Akiba Black's Avatar
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,954
Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
Akiba Black's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,954



There are seasons later on where the public at large is generally aware of the Precure's existence (which becomes more commonplace the further you get) but it varies. In this case it just seems like the Futari Wa team is just a rumor around town and that's about the extent of it.
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2019, 09:41 PM #27
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Akiba Black wrote: View Post

There are seasons later on where the public at large is generally aware of the Precure's existence (which becomes more commonplace the further you get) but it varies. In this case it just seems like the Futari Wa team is just a rumor around town and that's about the extent of it.
Bummer. They could have had even more meta humor.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2019, 10:47 PM #28
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682



Regarding who knows what about the Cures: probably the only one where Cures are generally known about by the public are seasons like Happiness Charge where it's a worldwide phenomenon; but it does seem like the Cures still keep some secret identities available. Otherwise it's generally based on what the story needs of them; especially a season like HeartCatch where you have family members as Cures as sort of an important thing.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2019, 10:58 PM #29
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Ataruman wrote: View Post

Regarding who knows what about the Cures: probably the only one where Cures are generally known about by the public are seasons like Happiness Charge where it's a worldwide phenomenon; but it does seem like the Cures still keep some secret identities available. Otherwise it's generally based on what the story needs of them; especially a season like HeartCatch where you have family members as Cures as sort of an important thing.
Mm gotcha.

Also is it just me or was the early Pollun episodes a drag to get through? I'm watching some episodes and reviewing them in advance and the show's finally going back to episodes about the gals' school lives, something much needed. Basically from 27-32 was painful for me to watch. I don't know about anyone else but those episodes felt like I was watching the same one over and over again.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2019, 05:59 AM #30
Akiba Black's Avatar
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,954
Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
Akiba Black's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,954



Ataruman wrote: View Post

Regarding who knows what about the Cures: probably the only one where Cures are generally known about by the public are seasons like Happiness Charge where it's a worldwide phenomenon; but it does seem like the Cures still keep some secret identities available. Otherwise it's generally based on what the story needs of them; especially a season like HeartCatch where you have family members as Cures as sort of an important thing.
There are also some Cure teams that eventually publicly out themselves later in the series (such as Fresh, Go! Princess, and most recently Hugtto though that one was a bit more subtle about it).

Otherwise most of them go through their careers with a only a handful of people knowing about them at most.
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2019, 01:38 PM #31
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Futari wa Pretty Cure: Ep. 32: Cheer Pollun Up! Special Carnival

You know as someone who loves sleep, I empathize with Nagisaís anger at being woken up.

You know Iím really tired of these Pollun episodes. They all basically have the same plot. The Cures are reduced to his glorified babysitters and try to keep him happy, one of the Dark Seeds shows up, they fight, Pollun gives the girls their braces, destroy the Zakenna, everyone goes home happy. I know this basically the formula for the episodes thus far, but I feel like with these last few episodes especially itís hit me harder. I sound like a broken record with how much I complain about Pollun, but thereís nothing else to talk about. Heís sad because he canít go back to the Garden of Light right now! The, actually really clever solution on Nagisaís part, is to have the group go to an amusement park. I like that itís the one they were at in the first episode, nice little callback. Iím already tired of the fact that the Cures have to wait for Pollun to give them their braces, partly because it means heís got to be forced into the story, but also because it just drags the fight out. Would it have been so hard to update the transformation stock footage to include them? Yeah I donít have much to say right now because these episodes all feel the same. The bit about them all being friends felt forced, mainly because I didnít believe it. Nagisa, Honoka, Mepple, and Mipple? Those four I believe are friends. I donít believe that anyone in the group likes Pollun. They just sort of tolerate him because the narrative decided he was the most important character. Besides Nagisa should have thought better about using the word selfish around the little brat. Iím grateful that the next episode is focused on Nagisaís friends. Itís like being served cake after years of just eating oatmeal.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2019, 05:57 PM #32
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Futari wa Pretty Cure: Ep. 33: Get the Victory! Find the Path of Light With Your Heart!!

You know if it were me, I would always leave Pollun at home. Locked away, in a box, buried deep in my closet where I couldnít hear him. Now doesnít that sound like a much better solution?

Before this episode, I had no idea which one of Nagisaís friends were Shiho and which one was Rina. I sort of figured that the two would be like Naru from Sailor Moon in that theyíd just casually drift away from the story as Nagisa and Honoka grow closer. I am proud to be wrong. This was by far the strongest episode so far in the second half of the season. Shiho flubbed the last lacrosse match and everyone, including herself, is giving her crap for it. She spends most of the episode feeling the pressure and almost quits because Rina said she should. I like how this fight contrasts with Nagisaís and Honokaís fight in the first half with Honoka giving her advice based on the lessons she learned there. It shows the growth. Shihoís worries felt real and were really well done. I loved when she shot the winning goal, because the narrative put in the work in portraying how she was feeling. I like the ongoing gag in the show where Nagisaís matches are always the day that the enemy decides to attack. Itís amusing. On top of the excellent stuff with Shiho, this episode was perfect in how it portrayed Pollun! He was barely in it! I donít mind that he knows when the Cures need the Rainbow Braces, Iíd chalk it up to the Powers of Creation given to him by Wisdom, because it means he doesnít need to be forced into the narrative. That is A-OK with me! This was a nice feel good episode! More of this please!
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2019, 06:08 PM #33
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682



Shiho and Rina are awesome; pure and simple. We do get a bit more with Shiho than Rina (Rina's only focus episode isn't until Max Heart) but they're part of why the sub-cast for Futari is so strong and sort of, as you said, work even better than the likes of Umino and Naru. (well Naru wasn't bad in early SM but...)

A bit of advice: the smaller the main Cure cast, the better the sub-cast is.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 03:27 PM #34
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Ataruman wrote: View Post

Shiho and Rina are awesome; pure and simple. We do get a bit more with Shiho than Rina (Rina's only focus episode isn't until Max Heart) but they're part of why the sub-cast for Futari is so strong and sort of, as you said, work even better than the likes of Umino and Naru. (well Naru wasn't bad in early SM but...)

A bit of advice: the smaller the main Cure cast, the better the sub-cast is.
Yeah I think that Futari's been doing a really good job at showcasing the school aspect of the gals' lives, more so in the first arc then this second one because it's basically been Futari Wa Precure: Babysitter's Club Edition, but I do like that we see them every once in a while.

======

Futari wa Pretty Cure: Ep. 34: Nagisa Breaks Away! The Blazing 'Head-On' Relay

Mepple and Mipple need a date night pronto. They canít keep dragging the kid everywhere.

With one of Nagisaís defining characteristics being that sheís a tomboy, it gives the writers easy setups for episodes. Case in point, Verone Academy is having its annual athletics festival with Nagisa set to be the star of it with her athletic prowess. Of course Pollun, being the brainless dolt that he is, has to show and ruin everything by getting lostÖAGAIN. This being plot number 578 where the girls have to stop what theyíre doing and find Pollun. Personally Iíd just let the little brat be until he gets knocked unconscious or something. Maybe heíd actually get a brain and think about his actions. I thought this episode was just ok. It was a retread of things weíd seen before with the students wondering where Nagisa went as she battles a piano Zakenna sent by Regine. One thing I will say is that I love the designs for the monsters. They actually feel threatening which I guess can be chalked up to the power of animation. The girls finish it up with the Rainbow Storm. I like that Pollun just knows when they need them because it means we donít have to see him as much. Ideally they would just have them when they transformed, but we canít have that. The episode also introduces another male character who develops a crush on Nagisa, something weíll talk about next episode. There was also a subplot about the Madonna wanting a fair fight with Nagisa that I thought could have been cut. But what do I know?

Last edited by GrumpyBookworm; February 5th, 2019 at 04:18 PM.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 04:03 PM #35
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682



The sad thing bout this other guy is that maybe if they weren't so obsessed in pushing Nagisa/Fuji-P, it could have worked. Then again this is for little girls and "break-ups" don't seem to be of any concern to this demographics.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 06:28 PM #36
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Ataruman wrote: View Post

The sad thing bout this other guy is that maybe if they weren't so obsessed in pushing Nagisa/Fuji-P, it could have worked. Then again this is for little girls and "break-ups" don't seem to be of any concern to this demographics.
Agreed. Could Nagisa and Fuji-P break up when they were never really together?

=

Futari wa Pretty Cure: Ep. 35: Is This a Date? Tumultuous Happy Birthday

I donít know about Nagisa, but Iíd like Pollun to disappear

Itís easy to get a present for Nagisa, just get her food and sheíll be happy.

Or Fuji-pi on a horse, that works too. Weíre still doing this subplot?

Shiho, Rina, Iíve got two words for you that will solve all your problems: Gift Card.

I think sheís said Arienai enough to last me a lifetime.

Theme song time! I still love this opening. Itís a good way to get your energy up for the show. I think I like the your best my best part the best.

Poor Wisdom! Can we get him free yet?

Iím a bit confused why the Dark Seeds hang out in their house. If the Dark Zone is up and running, why not hang out there? Is it so they donít have to travel as far? I know that itís probably to distinguish them from the Dark Five, but the house is quickly not making sense to me.

I swear the house gained more floors than it previously had.

Eh heís not that Rina, calm yourself. Personally I think he looks like a dad.

Nagisa lives under a permanent rock. Sheís too busy saving the world and babysitting a helpless ball.

I was wondering when Shiho would say things three time fast. Now my world is complete.

It makes sense that Nagisa would run away from a date. So far sheís been characterized as someone whoís developing a crush, but doesnít want to admit because she might not be ready for love. As someone who was also in that situation, I can empathize.

I missed Nagisa and Mepple bickering. Pollun ruined their dynamic.

See! Sheís not ready for love! She admitted it..sort of.

It wouldnít hurt Hasekuraís feelings if you let him down gently. Donít just dump it on him.

Honoka is best cheerleader.

Ok she needs to dump this guy. Heís not listening to a word she says. I know that she hasnít said it yet, but heís not letting her get a word in because he wonít stop jabbering.

I mean she could stand him up, but that would make her look bad. She doesnít have to go on the date.

Aww donít punish Honoka with Pollun! Just throw him in the garbage can and call it a day!

I feel like Honokaís going to show up on this date anyways, I mean sheíll have to because theyíre going to have to fight a monster but still.

Aww poor Nagisa! Iíve never been on a date before, never had a relationship either, so I feel Iíd be just like her in how unexcited Iíd be for it because at 19 I still donít think Iím ready for romance.

AHHH! I LOVE HONOKA IN COGNITO! This is fantastic!

You shouldnít lead him on though Nagisa.
You are being the best friend ever Honoka, that is what youíre doing. I feel like Iíd ask a friend to do that for me lol.

Insert montage theme here

She was energetic because she was running on an empire stomach.

Mipple shut up no they donít make a good couple.

God dang it Nagisa! You had one job!

Oh MuscleBobís here. So heís the villain today. Great.

I agree! Everyone should have a friend as good as Honoka.

Of course the villains show up before she can say what she needs to say!

Someone actually sees the Zakenna for once! Thatís good to knowÖand heís knocked unconscious.

I mean I guess Muscle Bob did them a favor by knocking him out.

Shortest transformation ever.

He looks more like a cactus monster than a chestnut one.

Ok this is definitely one of the funnier battles.

Ooh! Nice to see the Marble Screw again. We havenít seen that for a while.

Hasekuraís probably one of the few people who have seen the Cures. Interesting.

At least he knows that he forced her. Props to him for noticing that.

Aww and she learned a lesson too!

And he was back to being a d-bag. Somethings never change.

Itís a bit funny.

Weíve come full circle now. Still donít get why Nagisaís interested in him. Heís super bland.

Pollun you little shit the episode was doing just fine until you showed up.

Aww Wisdom deserves better!

This feels in spirit like an episode from earlier on in the season, like the first arc. Particularly with the fact that the Zakenna was able to be defeated with the Marble Screw. I guess only the Dark Seeds get the Rainbow Braces now. Maybe thatís why I liked it so much. I liked that the episode took the time to show that Nagisa isnít exactly comfortable with dating yet, at least with how I interpreted it. I enjoyed that Pollun basically wasnít in this episode at all. What Iím realizing is that itís the filler episodes Iíll like more because they donít have a reason to focus on the Demon Ball as much. I think itís an interesting idea to give Nagisa another possible love interest outside of her dead end relationship with Fuji-P, thatís never going anywhere fast. I just wish they had gotten to the part where they confessed their wrongdoings earlier as I found him to be particularly unlikeable up until then. Overall this was a solid episode. The best part was obviously Honokaís disguise. I would watch it again for that alone XD!

Last edited by GrumpyBookworm; February 6th, 2019 at 08:27 PM.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 08:36 PM #37
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682



I like Wisdom but he tends to get the worst of it. At least he still matters this season... (his VA does become an actual fairy later but...considering my feelings about said "fairy", I rather have him as Wisdom I admit)
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 08:52 PM #38
Akiba Black's Avatar
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,954
Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior
Akiba Black's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,954



Ataruman wrote: View Post

I like Wisdom but he tends to get the worst of it. At least he still matters this season... (his VA does become an actual fairy later but...considering my feelings about said "fairy", I rather have him as Wisdom I admit)
Tart from Fresh right? I actually kind of liked him even if he is pretty consistently terrible at his job.

But yeah, a good chunk of the second half of the series is the villains playing an elaborate game of Keep Away with the Precure using Wisdom as the ball (I don't think he actually gets saved untll almost the end of the season).

Last edited by Akiba Black; February 6th, 2019 at 09:02 PM.
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 01:46 PM #39
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944
GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger
GrumpyBookworm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 944



Ataruman wrote: View Post

I like Wisdom but he tends to get the worst of it. At least he still matters this season... (his VA does become an actual fairy later but...considering my feelings about said "fairy", I rather have him as Wisdom I admit)
Akiba Black wrote: View Post

Tart from Fresh right? I actually kind of liked him even if he is pretty consistently terrible at his job.

But yeah, a good chunk of the second half of the series is the villains playing an elaborate game of Keep Away with the Precure using Wisdom as the ball (I don't think he actually gets saved untll almost the end of the season).
The Queen should give Wisdom a nice long vacation when this whole mess is over. He more than deserves it.

Futari wa Pretty Cure: Ep. 36: Reach For Freedom! Stone Keeper's Desperate Great Escape

=

Ah itís like the Dark King never died at all!

You know I never quite liked the Dark Kingís design. Itís too vague for me. I like my main villains to actually be able to fight the heroes one on one. Heís just tooÖvague for my tastes.

See you say youíll have the power very soon, and then weíll be waiting twelve more episodes for you to get the power.

Yeah Pollun canít handle that power. Maybe we should hand him overÖI mean would it really be so bad? Weíd be doing the world a favor.

The vessel for the stones is a spoiled brat with absolutely no brain in his head whatsoever.

Ah that random house in the forest. I swear it never was that big before.

That Butler Zakenna looks like a recolored Mepple.

Thatís fair. If youíre going to eat and spy on the Guardian, at least try not to make a mess. Itís unbecoming of a butler.

Does the Guardian get thirsty? I just assumed he was immortal and didnít need to worry about that stuff. Huh.

Of course the idiot doesnít know what weather maps are.

Time for Nagisaís episode recapÖ

Well, there you go Nagisa! You jinxed us all! Now theyíre gonna know that Pollun has the Power of Creation! Thanks a lot!

I want to hurt Pollun for ruining Mepple and Mippleís cute moment. Let the two love each other you brat! God this kid makes me feel like an old grandfather yelling at people to get off my lawn.

The writers really thought that Pollun was a good idea? No thought that someone who throws temper tantrums every five minutes wouldnít get on anyoneís nerves? Did the target audience even like Pollun? Iím curious.

Sorry Mipple but youíre wrong. Iíve got to agree with Mepple on this one. All that brat has done is throw a fit every time he doesnít get his way and cause havoc for the others. He is uncool. Donít try and coddle him.

God dang it Mipple! Weíre trying to get this brat to grow up! Coddling him wonít help that.

PREACH TO THE HEAVENS MEPPLE! THAT IS THE MOST ACCURATE STATEMENT!

Mepple shouldnít apologize! I hate that the narrative is painting him in the wrong when he isnít. Yeah he could have said it nicer but he has a point. They have been spoiling him. The gang have been reduced to babysitters/parents and I hate it.

Ok I can agree with that. Mepple should choose his words better, but he has a point.

Have I mentioned that I hate how Pollun seems to have become the writerís favorite character?

Yes! Wisdom is free! Heís been through so much just let him be free!

I know this isnít going to last but I wish he was free permanently

I live for Meppleís Pollun shade.

Ah so this is why the daffodil line is relevant.

Buddy you should not have asked. That was the perfect line to transform after.

But instead we get the Dark Seeds. Not as badass.

I know the narrative wants to me to care about Pollun being tied up but I just donít. Heís been a brat so I donít care. I care about Wisdom because heís been through utter hell.

You know why didnít I ever think that they would be able to control trees? It makes sense since theyíre the Dark Seeds.

Love that the Marble Screw is making a comeback. Itís a classic attack, but it wonít work on Spiky Hair

The only characterís name I know from the Dark Seeds is Regine.

Iím going to restrain from making a mean comment here because I know that Pollunís a child and he doesnít know any better but crying for evil people to put you down isnít the best way to go about it. Chances are they wonít listen. Though this would be how I would probably be if I was a kid like him so I canít fault him for it. But also he's been attacked by these people who knows how many times and he's only now crying??

God Pollun better treat Mepple like a fucking king after this. If he doesnít you bet Iíll point it out.

I will repeat it again, why arenít the Rainbow Braces always with the characters in transformation? It makes not a lick of sense to me.

Iím going to be honest here, I have not a bit of sympathy for Pollun in this moment. I care more about the Guardian because heís had a target on his back the entire time and I just want him to be happy.

Nagisaís more forgiving than I would be in her shoes. I would at least make him suffer a bit first before I say it wasnít a big deal.

Ok I love that Pollun wants to kiss Mepple. I know thatís shocking coming from Pollunís biggest critic but I think itís super cute.

I feel like this episode was a waste of time. Not much was accomplished here. We set out to free Wisdom, and failed to do that. The status quo never changed. If youíre going to tease his escape, commit to the escape. I also wasnít a fan of the narrative choice to have Mepple be in the wrong for saying that Pollun is a spoiled brat when he is! The storyís inability to correct Pollunís behavior continues to annoys me because it sells the idea that itís ok if youíre a spoiled brat who throws a tantrum if he doesnít get his way. Itís not a lesson I donít think is the best for kids. We try and curb this behavior not encourage it. I donít know thereís not much to say. Basically nothing happened except Mepple got another hero moment. However I do think that he should have let Pollun kiss him on the cheek. It was a cute moment from Pollun.
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 01:56 PM #40
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,682



Eh, the only good thing about that episode: the Butler Zakenna are introduced. (trust me, these two are consistent members of the cast for the remaining season+ left and are probably one of the only entertaining things on the villains side once we get to Max Heart)

At least the Romeo & Juliet episode is next...
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.