Menu

Old June 12th, 2019, 09:25 AM #3381
> ⚡Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Lord Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

So I've been playing the second episode of the Fate of Atlantis, and I'm enjoying it. I know I've seen parts that people aren't happy with, that it moves slow, but I think it's actually better than the first episode. Where the first episode made you focus on stealth... the second is clearly head-on combat. While you can still sneak around, this episode puts face to face battles up front and personal. Literally.

Seeing old friends and enemies is actually a very nice treat, and actually made me laugh out loud a couple of times because it brings back earlier story moments. The fact that you start off battling Cerberos should give you an idea of how this episode is going to progress.

I actually don't feel this as indepth as the first episode, but unlike the main game and the previous episode, rifts and going into caves and tombs now warrant a little more puzzle skill, timing and general fighting opposed to just entering and finding the treasures and main objective artifact you have to interact with.

They seem to be doing a great job at keeping the episodes different and setting up certain skill sets to make you rethink HOW to address a situation.
Lord Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 12:57 PM #3382
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Taichi wrote: View Post

So I've been playing the second episode of the Fate of Atlantis, and I'm enjoying it. I know I've seen parts that people aren't happy with, that it moves slow, but I think it's actually better than the first episode. Where the first episode made you focus on stealth... the second is clearly head-on combat. While you can still sneak around, this episode puts face to face battles up front and personal. Literally.

Seeing old friends and enemies is actually a very nice treat, and actually made me laugh out loud a couple of times because it brings back earlier story moments. The fact that you start off battling Cerberos should give you an idea of how this episode is going to progress.

I actually don't feel this as indepth as the first episode, but unlike the main game and the previous episode, rifts and going into caves and tombs now warrant a little more puzzle skill, timing and general fighting opposed to just entering and finding the treasures and main objective artifact you have to interact with.

They seem to be doing a great job at keeping the episodes different and setting up certain skill sets to make you rethink HOW to address a situation.
I'm still bothered by the fact that they made this whole underworld part a "simulation within a simulation". Kassandra gets way too emotional when reuniting with dead characters.......that aren't really the real people she knew. Take the part with Phoibe for instance. She gets all heart broken with wanting to help her and you have to go on this elaborate quest.....well thats great and all, but its not the real one, all that didn't do anything to help the real one or put her in any ease after death with being alone when she died. Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the DLC, but that whole aspect just bugs me a lot
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 14th, 2019, 09:44 AM #3383
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

QuadraRanger wrote: View Post

Nintendo didn't need a big celebrity. They didn't need a meme waifu. They didn't need to pile on with excessive content. They just needed to bring a solid, direct presentation and they delivered in spades.
I don't know... The internet instantly blew up pretty big over Nessa 👀
And rightfully so too.

Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 12:36 PM #3384
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Some new info about the Square Avengers games.

“The game isn’t open world,” confirmed Therien. “There’s way too many different places to explore for that to have made sense. We’re looking at having different kinds of regions where you can go from place to place. The Avengers are effective worldwide and we wanted to show that.”

“And we wanted the game to have world stakes, so instead of just one city, we want to take you to different places around the world,” added Therien.

On top of that, the team reiterated the ability to play the game in co-op. With this, two Avengers can work together in a level, taking on bad guys and working together to clean house.

“Some of that comes from balancing the characters against each other, the enemies and the environments being more catered to one hero or another,” continued Therien. “You’ll have situations where one hero can shine against another but that doesn’t mean someone will feel underpowered at any point. You’ll see those moments where they might be a window to exploit it and when you do you feel really good – you feel like, that’s what my character would have done. That’s how we go about it.”
Source

Also:

“There was no idea of figuring out a single combat system and putting these guys into it,” said Napoli. “Instead, it was looking at each of these characters and saying, ‘what can I do as Hulk?’ It’s almost like the characters are so big that we have to wrap a combat system around them…The cooperative element helps a lot. It’s almost like playing a different game when you get to each character. That was something that Marvel really pushed for. They said if you’re going to tackle Iron Man this needs to feel like an Iron Man game when you’re in his shoes.”

Escayg then went into detail about the game’s narrative, and how it follows its own path.

“There’s a main campaign, it is linear in some ways, but when you progress through the story you ungate different characters and can go off on missions,” noted Escavg. “At that point you can choose what character you want to play with on those missions. You can also decide to not play the story, to just play with your friends and go into the co-op world. You can also not play any missions, see how the story ends which then sets up the bigger world or you can decide to play the entire thing by yourself.”

The duo also addressed the reason why the heroes don’t look like their MCU counterparts.

“We wanted to clearly show that this was our spin on the Avengers,” explained Escayg. “Even the way we cast these character was based on our story and our narrative.”

“It’s creating a new Marvel universe,” added Napoli. “We were creating a brand new thing in collaboration with Marvel, so it really did demand our own characters.”
Source

That still leaves me with questions. Is the play through going to be that different if you choose character? Say like maybe a Lego game where it makes sense to go back and replay a level to get to an area of a collectable you could only get with a character you couldn't play as before. Otherwise I'm real worried about this games replay value.
Old June 14th, 2019, 12:57 PM #3385
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

StarTheFixer wrote: View Post

That still leaves me with questions. Is the play through going to be that different if you choose character? Say like maybe a Lego game where it makes sense to go back and replay a level to get to an area of a collectable you could only get with a character you couldn't play as before. Otherwise I'm real worried about this games replay value.
I feel like some of the replay value may also be in upgrading the characters. I doubt you'll be able to upgrade them all in one go around.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:24 PM #3386
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

“It’s creating a new Marvel universe,” added Napoli. “We were creating a brand new thing in collaboration with Marvel, so it really did demand our own characters.”
"Our own characters"... which are identical to the MCU lineup of characters.

Huh?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:37 PM #3387
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

"Our own characters"... which are identical to the MCU lineup of characters.

Huh?
Yeah, if they were going to try and make their own Marvel version of the Arkhamverse (which is the gold standard of superhero video games and almost certainly what they want to mirror the success of), borrowing so incredibly heavily from a single incarnation of the characters was a bad call. We should be seeing traces of the MCU in the designs, but we shouldn't be seeing just the MCU.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 03:55 PM #3388
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

So apparently theres a backlash train about the likeness of the characters on the Square Avengers game

Earlier this week, Square Enix revealed its Avengers game during its E3 showcase. And while many fans showed excitement in seeing what’s to come with its superhero game, others expressed disappointment in not being shown nearly enough. And there was also a great amount of criticism in regards to the character models, which some were not in favor of. The game developers at Crystal Dynamics have heard said criticism, but, speaking with IGN, have noted that they have no intention of changing these character models.

“We are always listening to, and welcome feedback from our community. There are currently no plans to change our character designs,” said lead creative director Shaun Escayg.

That said, however, he didn’t shut the door completely when it came to making improvements to these characters. “The trailer is showing pre-alpha gameplay footage, which means the level of detail and overall polish of the character models will absolutely continue to improve as we get closer to launch.”

Escayg spoke about the distinctive new design of the Avengers in the game earlier in the week. When asked why they didn’t look like their MCU counterparts from the films, he pointed out that such an idea never came to mind for the team.

“We wanted to clearly show that this was our spin on the Avengers,” he explained at the time. “Even the way we cast these character was based on our story and our narrative.”

Lead combat designer Vince Napoli added, “It’s creating a new Marvel universe. We were creating a brand new thing in collaboration with Marvel, so it really did demand our own characters.”
Source.

So basically what I'm getting at that is they have no intention of changing it at the moment, but mentioned that it was pre alpha footage.....so if enough people do complain they have a reason or able to change it
Old June 14th, 2019, 10:45 PM #3389
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Speaking of Marvel games, and recent movies, does anyone remember "Marvel Super Heroes" or Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems"? Never played the latter as had a Genesis and not a SNES, but the former had a lot of fun with, and still own my PS1 copy.
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 03:46 AM #3390
> KCJ506
I'm a man of my word

KCJ506
I'm a man of my word

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

Speaking of Marvel games, and recent movies, does anyone remember "Marvel Super Heroes" or Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems"? Never played the latter as had a Genesis and not a SNES, but the former had a lot of fun with, and still own my PS1 copy.
Yes. And to this day, that remains the closest we've gotten to having an all Marvel fighting game that isn't all X-men.

Not counting Marvel Nemesis Rise Of The Imperfects as half of that roster consisted of characters made up by EA.
KCJ506 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:06 AM #3391
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

I'll take Ultimate Alliance 3 over Square's game. "Guys Cap's dead! " You can see the twist coming from 1000 miles away blind and blindfolded. Captain America is either captured or brainwashed and will be playable by the end of the game. With UA3 they're using a simple plot but they aren't trying to really hide much.
MutekiDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:17 AM #3392
> Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

Ehh, the UA games always seemed so boring to me. Could never get into the gameplay of those. A-Day seems like it'll be more my speed.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 07:12 AM #3393
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Have the first Ultimate Alliance, but I never finished it. Mainly because this was back when I wanted to play it with people, and didn't have folks to play with. (Had XBOX version and didn't have Live until got 360). Similarly is why I didn't do much with X-Men Legends II.
Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 09:25 AM #3394
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

In this week in stupidity on Twitch, other than Dr. Disrespect streaming from a public bathroom at E3....we come across this idiot.

https://twitter.com/TrapGodTO/status...67684980609025

500 bucks for 2 days straight isnt even worth it unless youre on drugs.
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 01:14 PM #3395
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Whoever thought of a GTA type game where you play as a shark was onto something here.....from what I read it was only announced for PC at the moment, but if it ever came to console I'd certainly keep an eye on it.
Old June 15th, 2019, 02:35 PM #3396
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuUGDZBpRDU

Whoever thought of a GTA type game where you play as a shark was onto something here.....from what I read it was only announced for PC at the moment, but if it ever came to console I'd certainly keep an eye on it.
The soundtrack better have either Hall & Oates or Nelly Furtado. Or both.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 16th, 2019, 02:03 AM #3397
> sylarking
Power Ranger

sylarking
Power Ranger

This year e3 was very boring.
sylarking is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 05:38 AM #3398
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuUGDZBpRDU

I need this game in my life
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 06:16 AM #3399
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

sylarking wrote: View Post

This year e3 was very boring.
I dunno I'd say overall, this was rather entertaining and was overall better than last year. Even Bethesda's utterly pitiful display was entertaining in its hilarious stupidity and clearly-paid audience.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 06:37 AM #3400
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

I remember War of the Gem. Gotta on a garage sale of sorts. Enjoyed it a lot.

Still remember my happiness when I finally got to beat Thanos for the first time. Back then, I didn't know you could pick a gem to buff either the characters' strenght, speed or health. When I learned things became a lot easier.

I like it as much as I did X-men Mutant Apocalypse.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
video games