Home Menu

Menu

Old October 22nd, 2017, 08:44 AM #61
> cassius335
3-3-5. Masquerade!

cassius335
3-3-5. Masquerade!

Yeah, this episode has Gabriel giving a masterclass on "how to throw your enemies off your scent". Gotta wonder if Natalie will be Peacock...

Also... Adrien gets introduced to Master Fu when?
cassius335 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 03:00 PM #62
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

cassius335 wrote: View Post

Yeah, this episode has Gabriel giving a masterclass on "how to throw your enemies off your scent". Gotta wonder if Natalie will be Peacock...
That would definitely be preferable to it being Adrien's mom, since both of his parents being bad guys is so repetitive. It would also make the point of The Peacock being so much more evil turn Nathalie's relationship with Gabriel on its head, akin to Marinette and Adrien's inverted crushes.

Also... Adrien gets introduced to Master Fu when?
Ask Plagg's lazy ass. Tikki keeps sharing knowledge, he just sits back eating cheese.

Speaking of which, how did Plagg age cheese for 999 days? That would mean he's been with Adrien for almost three years...
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 12:09 PM #63
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

i'm gonna use spoilerspace since season 2 doesn't air in the USA until December

so it is finally confirmed Gabriel IS Hawkmoth, and he pulls off a nice ruse to keep people from getting closer to the truth by akumatizing himself...

Does he still suspect
his son is Cat Noir though? One would think it would be easy to grab Adrien's miraculous if so...but there didn't seem to be any clues as to what Gabriel is thinking...

Does he now suspect
Marinette is Ladybug since she was in posession of the book and did returning it put a big red and black polka-dotted target on herself?

and since Natalie
called out Gabriel's name when the Collector showed up, recognizing him when usually that isn't the case with akumatized people,
should we assume that was for the benefit of Adrien's bodyguard Gorilla who probably doesn't know? Obviously she knows, as was revealed later, but is Gorilla the only loyal ally, so to speak, that Adrien has in the Agreste household?

Felt weird the classmates had very small roles in the episode...

Nice backstory on Master Fu, though we still don't know of the exact details of what he did...

btw the Miraculous comic book (the one with original stories, not the adaptation of animated episodes) sort of dropped a bombshell about the exact origin of the kwamis and how they are created...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 12:57 AM #64
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

bearytrek wrote: View Post

Does he now suspect
Marinette is Ladybug since she was in posession of the book and did returning it put a big red and black polka-dotted target on herself?
Doubt it, since Adrien was the one who took the book and lost it, and he never wanted Adrien going to school in the first place because kids are dickheads. There was nothing to point to
Marinette being Ladybug aside from obvious cartoon obviousness the characters are immune to.
Old October 25th, 2017, 04:00 PM #65
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

This episode was kind of odd.
Marinette goes missing and neither Alya nor Manon make any fuss toward her about it, Cat Noir's advances are unusually aggressive, the ending collage is relatively plain, Adrien doesn't even appear out of costume.
Though, I did like that Prime Queen seemed to be smarter than most akumatized people, manipulating for the Miraculouses instead of just trying to grab them.
Old October 25th, 2017, 10:40 PM #66
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

The 2nd Evil

I found the first two episodes of season two on YouTube. The first episode had English dialogue, oddly enough. Pretty sure episode two was in Spanish

Episode two was kinda amazing in how it just took the entire thing about how Chloe is legitimately the worst person in the world of this show and just runs with it.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:00 PM #67
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

The 2nd Evil wrote: View Post

I found the first two episodes of season two on YouTube. The first episode had English dialogue, oddly enough.
I think that so many companies having their hand in this series means it gets dubbed into all languages at the same time. Which would explain why it took so long to get to this season.
Old October 27th, 2017, 01:04 PM #68
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

I found the first two episodes of season two on YouTube. The first episode had English dialogue, oddly enough. Pretty sure episode two was in Spanish

Episode two was kinda amazing in how it just took the entire thing about how Chloe is legitimately the worst person in the world of this show and just runs with it.
and hopefully if/when she gets the bee miraculous it will be part of a long-running subplot that redeems her character...otherwise it'll be pretty hollow if she still has the same selfish personality...they have to play the long game and slowly build up her character, not just do one party and hey I'm a good person...

now based on a clue in the episode, we can assume her mother left her when she was a very young child and her father spoiled her which explains her lousy personality?
Old October 27th, 2017, 01:39 PM #69
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

and hopefully if/when she gets the bee miraculous it will be part of a long-running subplot that redeems her character...
There's an upcoming three-parter leading to her hero debut.

But let's keep in mind what show we're watching. Chloe's still going to have her edge (like giving Sabrina gifts while simultaneously insulting her), same as Marinette's protectiveness of Adrien spinning her into unwarranted rages at times. Miraculous holders aren't perfect.

now based on a clue in the episode, we can assume her mother left her when she was a very young child and her father spoiled her which explains her lousy personality?
Sacre bleu! Chloe's mom is missing like Adrien's maybe they've been siblings this whole time!
Old October 27th, 2017, 01:56 PM #70
> Icon-UK
Accentuate the positive

Icon-UK
Accentuate the positive

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

Miraculous holders aren't perfect.
True, but they're usually not basically toxic either (Hawk Moth to one side)

Sacre bleu! Chloe's mom is missing like Adrien's maybe they've been siblings this whole time!
This isn't Game of Thrones you know...
Icon-UK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 02:07 PM #71
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

i notice Christina Vee (voice of ladybug/marinette) is involved in that Power Rangers Hyperforce thing...
Old October 27th, 2017, 05:13 PM #72
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

i notice Christina Vee (voice of ladybug/marinette) is involved in that Power Rangers Hyperforce thing...
No, there won't be a crossover.
Old October 27th, 2017, 07:43 PM #73
> Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

I've seen couple of episode and as a French (since it's a French show) I am not impressed why this is so huge in UK and USA ?

What do you guys like in this show ? I am genuinely interested.
Otokusastu Zetto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:59 PM #74
> Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

I think the dynamic between Marinette and Adrien is the biggest selling point for the fandom. Y'know, the whole "will they or won't they?" thing. Plus, I love adorably dorky female characters like Marinette. If nothing else, it's a fun series with fairly sharp writing.

Honestly, though, I don't think it's a great show by any stretch, and my excitement for it lessened considerably the more I saw of it. The plots are formulaic, the secondary characters aren't used particularly well, and aside from a handful of episodes, there's not much of a story to speak of. The potential for a great show is there, but as of yet, it feels like they've done a pretty subpar job living up to it. Hopefully season 2 remedies things.
Power PC! is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:44 PM #75
> The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Personally, I've thought the show would be better off if Adrian were the primary protagonist. He's a much stronger character, overall.

As it is, it's rather amusing that they managed a love rectangle with two people
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:47 PM #76
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Yeah, the concept is the majority of the sensation. These random little monsters living inside of random jewelry that grant random superpowers that the chosen randomly decide to use for good or bad or even for self-interest or fun.

The formula is extremely basic (even by the standards of a PR fan), but the constant development of the community through their akumatizing and problem-solving enhances the world they all live in.
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:38 PM #77
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Personally, I've thought the show would be better off if Adrian were the primary protagonist. He's a much stronger character, overall.
Then the show would be called Cat Noir instead of Miraculous Ladybug.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 12:10 AM #78
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Then the show would be called Cat Noir instead of Miraculous Ladybug.
Which makes no difference.
Old October 28th, 2017, 12:53 AM #79
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

Which makes no difference.
Well, he did say that the show would be better if Adrien was the primary protagonist instead of Marinette, hence why I said then the show would be called Cat Noir instead of Miraculous Ladybug, which is the show's official title in Europe.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 11:50 AM #80
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AdrenalineRush wrote: View Post

Well, he did say that the show would be better if Adrien was the primary protagonist instead of Marinette, hence why I said then the show would be called Cat Noir instead of Miraculous Ladybug, which is the show's official title in Europe.
But that much is obvious.

It's considered rude to explain things no one is asking to be explained or has mistaken.