Menu

Old June 13th, 2019, 04:19 AM #2241
> boukengreen16
Power Ranger

boukengreen16
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

It takes time.

Just take things day by day, it WILL improve eventually.

Catch Gaim when you can. It's fascinating, it's cerebral, it's fabulous.
ill check it out, i like everything about XI-O except the main character being kind of an idiot.
boukengreen16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:26 PM #2242
> Cammy
This cage demeans us both

Cammy
This cage demeans us both

So.... I finally heard back from my friend today!! She's naturally not talking about what happened, but all is supposedly well. She's in good spirits again, but is hinting at having to be secretive about answering messages. Oh, she'll see them; but has to be careful around answering them when her husband is around... Hmm... So there's good and bad there. I'm just glad she's OK.
Cammy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 08:52 PM #2243
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

I learned that a friend dropped me on Facebook. I'm guessing she probably just wanted to limit her list to family members and people she sees regularly. So I'm trying not to take it personally. I've only gotten to see her a few times a year. At first I thought I might have done something to upset her, but I can't really think of anything. It's all just scary. I may see her again, and I should probably ask what happened if I do.

As for your situations, I happen to be going through the same thing, and I posted about it back in August. So here's what I said on the matter.

https://www.RangerBoard.com/showpost...postcount=1286

Ever since then, I was told that her page was hacked, and therefore she took it down. Unbeknownst to her, however, I have a different account where I can actually search out her page, and it appears to be very much active. It's possible that there could be more going on than meets the eye, but I'm not too sure. I guess the only way to find out is if I ever see her again and she can tell me everything to my face, if she even wants to.
So after all this time, I got to see the person I've talked about in these posts. When I saw her, I prepared for the worst, thinking she'd tell me to get lost, or something to that effect, when I tried to talk to her. It went well, and she also confirmed that her Facebook page did get hacked. I told her I thought I had said something to upset her since we were exchanging messages through it, and she assured me that I hadn't wronged her at all.

I was already told by one of her friends that her page was hacked, and now I feel bad for having taken it with a grain of salt, even though I think I had good reasons to. I guess I just have a lot to learn about how social media services work.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 11:49 PM #2244
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

So after all this time, I got to see the person I've talked about in these posts. When I saw her, I prepared for the worst, thinking she'd tell me to get lost, or something to that effect, when I tried to talk to her. It went well, and she also confirmed that her Facebook page did get hacked.
Good for you. I knew you didn't have anything to worry about.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 17th, 2019, 02:26 AM #2245
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

kinda similar to what I've posted before, but I guess it goes to show, that somethings are just meant to be left in the past, not all friendships are meant to last a life-time.

Someone who i used to be good friends with in my childhood, we met in preschool, we remained friends until the end of middle school, beginning of high school, as we grew into our teens, we grew apart, drifted apart from each other, i figure it's normal and common for people to lose friends as they age, i guess its normal to lose a lot of friends during teen years or after high school.

Sadly, i finally got a response from him, saying our bridge is permanently forever burned, despite my repeated attempts to reconnect with him, he sadly never gave a reason why.

It sucks when people you used to be good friends with, won't give you a reason as to why they don't want to reconnect, especially when there was no fallout to begin with.

I did cry and get emotional about this, people will say something like "I mean its nothing to cry over, you went without him this long, like what makes a difference"

I feel its because as we humans get older, mature, we value and take friendships more seriously than we did in childhood, teenage years, we value friendship way more than we did back then, we often learn or develop better social behaviors which trains us to treat our friends better, to be a better friend.

Also, i got emotional, cried because this person was my friend during childhood, which people consider to be the days of innocense, no adulthood or responsibility, no adult things, no social drama. Me and this person first met in preschool.

Movies that come to mind, are The Fox and the Hound, goes to show that people change, just because you and them were compatible as friends back then, doesn't mean they are now, that obviously happend to Tod and Copper, even though the movie did appear to have a happy ending, they appeared to reconsile, make amends, make peace, i think its implied they now have to stay away from each other, can't see each other anymore or talk anymore due to the different lives they have now, and what that resulted in when they tried to retain their friendship in adulthood.

Another example, is the scene from the movie Toy Story 2, involving Jesse, when this song appears "when she loved me", even though it symbolizes a persons relationship with a toy, the analogy of that scene can still be applied to real life friends, people grow up, we move on, life changes, our interests change, etc.
PopCultureLover06 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 01:53 PM #2246
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

It sucks when people you used to be good friends with, won't give you a reason as to why they don't want to reconnect, especially when there was no fallout to begin with.

I did cry and get emotional about this, people will say something like "I mean its nothing to cry over, you went without him this long, like what makes a difference"

I feel its because as we humans get older, mature, we value and take friendships more seriously than we did in childhood, teenage years, we value friendship way more than we did back then, we often learn or develop better social behaviors which trains us to treat our friends better, to be a better friend.
That also goes both ways, though. If we value the relationship and the other person doesn't, we need to examine just how strong the relationship ever was.

Dyl basically went through the same thing, and it left him in this huge spin as to how he messed things up, but anyone intent of cutting you out of their lives doesn't need a reason. A friend is going to point out your fault on no uncertain terms and give you a fair chance to alter your behavior, otherwise they're no better than any random acquaintances we'll ever have.

Connection is a vital tool for us to develop as human beings, but to settle for whatever connections we can get can stunt our development just as easily.
Old June 17th, 2019, 05:32 PM #2247
> boukengreen16
Power Ranger

boukengreen16
Power Ranger

kinda similar to what I've posted before, but I guess it goes to show, that somethings are just meant to be left in the past, not all friendships are meant to last a life-time.

Someone who i used to be good friends with in my childhood, we met in preschool, we remained friends until the end of middle school, beginning of high school, as we grew into our teens, we grew apart, drifted apart from each other, i figure it's normal and common for people to lose friends as they age, i guess its normal to lose a lot of friends during teen years or after high school.

Sadly, i finally got a response from him, saying our bridge is permanently forever burned, despite my repeated attempts to reconnect with him, he sadly never gave a reason why.

Also, i got emotional, cried because this person was my friend during childhood, which people consider to be the days of innocense, no adulthood or responsibility, no adult things, no social drama. Me and this person first met in preschool.

Movies that come to mind, are The Fox and the Hound, goes to show that people change, just because you and them were compatible as friends back then, doesn't mean they are now, that obviously happend to Tod and Copper, even though the movie did appear to have a happy ending, they appeared to reconsile, make amends, make peace, i think its implied they now have to stay away from each other, can't see each other anymore or talk anymore due to the different lives they have now, and what that resulted in when they tried to retain their friendship in adulthood.

Another example, is the scene from the movie Toy Story 2, involving Jesse, when this song appears "when she loved me", even though it symbolizes a persons relationship with a toy, the analogy of that scene can still be applied to real life friends, people grow up, we move on, life changes, our interests change, etc.

i had a similar albeit weirder version of this happen to me, so one of my best friends from 6th grade to senior year just verbally started attacking me one day because i said i didnt like that a mutual acquaintance (who he followed around like a lap dog, so the point of going to the same college as him) was dating a girl just to take her virginity and then dump her. he proceded to disparage my appearence, the fact that im poor and then insult the girl i liked based on the fast that she was asian, first time i had ever heard him say anything racist.

i was so shocked i didnt try to fight him or anything i just stopped talking to him.

fast forward 8 years, i try to mend the bridge, i tell him i forgive him, he says ''for what? i didnt do anything'' he denies saying anything about me or that girl and claims i owe him an apology. i ask what i needed to apologize for? he claimed i threatened to stab him, i loled, my senior year i had ten stitches in my hand and almost severed my thumb from cutting myself while cleaning my uncles marine knife and was deathly afraid to touch anything sharp for 2 years, the last thing id do is threaten to stab someone regardless. he says our friend alex remembers, we ask alex, he says he doesnt remember that ever taking place. my friend claims we had a whole court case about it and he has the paperwork to prove it. at this point im realizing this guy has completely lost it, none of this ever happened.

so i told him to produce the paperwork and id happily apologize, you guessed it , he never produced the court documents because they didnt exist lol.
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:59 PM #2248
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

So, the Lego online fan community (yes, it exists) is like this one, but ... more.

Occasionally they release big D2C sets that are usually licensed properties, that cost hundreds of dollars, are huge, and obviously aimed for the adult collectors (or kids with really amazing deals of pocket money). The last one that came out was for "Stranger Things" (which seems an odd fit for Lego, but whatever).

Just recently, another one came out, a Jurassic Park set, featuring a huge brick-built version of Rexy, the iconic Jurassic Park gate (not to scale with Rexy), and a heap of little scenes built into the rear of the gate (vignettes from the movie. Malcolm lying down with his injured leg. Hammond eating ice-cream in the restaurant. Ellie switching the power back on. Alan discovering the eggs which meant the dinosaurs were breeding in the wild, etc). Huge, but it'll be about $400 AUD, when it comes out here.

The response from a lot of fans was not positive. People didn't like it much. And that began this almighty shit-fight in the online fandom (can I use the phrase "shit-fight"? I can't think of any other way to describe it). Over at Brickset, the site owners wrote a huge article about how the fandom is so critical and why is everyone so negative all the time, and how this is a huge problem that's become super-glaring lately.

The issue is ... it isn't. People have been generally pretty positive about these big D2C sets. Like I said, the "Stranger Things" set was met with almost-universal acclaim. People liked the big Ninjago sets, people enjoyed the Ideas sets (like "Voltron". I've had nothing but positive things to say about "Voltron", I think it's one of the best sets they've ever made).

But this one set gets criticism? Suddenly the fandom is mean-spirited and awful.

And because the Lego employee who designed the Jurassic Park set is visible in the online community (and he's friends with the guys who run Brickset, which I thought was telling), and he was disappointed that people didn't care for the set ... it's become this huge issue that we all have to deal with. And now there's this weird vibe, because everything's a bit fractured, and everyone's upset with everyone else but nobody really knows why.

I don't like the set. I don't think it's designed very well. The gate, Rexy and the minifigures are all different scales, so they don't display well together (not to mention, the vignettes on the back of the gate? Who displays something from the back?). It's hugely expensive (the Voltron set was expensive -- $279 AUD -- but the play-value was amazing), and Rexy just looks really strange and poorly-designed. She looks like a plucked chicken with a serious overbite. Please don't tell the Lego community that I just said that.

And of course people are copping criticism for alleged unmet-expectations ("Oh, you expected the Jeep, you expected the Ford Explorer vehicle, you expected the visitor's centre! That's why you're so disappointed!"). I didn't even know the set was coming out, but I'd expect a Tyrannosaurus to actually look like a Tyrannosaurus (and as one of the main-stays of the franchise, we have a good idea of how the animal should look, right?).

And it's just annoying because it's one of those situations where any negative criticism is invalid or something. It's so wrong to not accept that people like something more than you --- but Heaven forbid you not like something that other people do like, you know? That weird double standard makes me see red.

Bandai America was the same. There was always a vocal minority who didn't accept any criticisms of their product, and how dare we (as the fans) not hand over money for everything they offered ... until the Ninja Steel and 2017 movie toylines, which had zero redeeming features and they all lost their jobs and lost the license and sucks to be them.

And then, making it muddier is what counts as criticism. For some people, "This set is poorly designed" is a direct attack on the designer himself, while for the rest of us, "This set is poorly designed" is a fair professional critique. Very few people even mentioned the designer, we just didn't like the set. Don't we have the right to do that?

And I liked what someone said in another thread here recently. "These aren't gifts, they're purchases." If Lego was handing out these sets for free, sure, it's kind of a jerk move to say, "This sucks and I don't want it." But if they're asking me to spend $400 on a substandard set? I'm allowed to justify not spending that much money on something I don't like in any way I bloody-well want.

But it's just led to this weird, ongoing vibe where everybody's walking on eggshells and everybody's mad but nobody really knows why.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 10:35 PM #2249
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

That also goes both ways, though. If we value the relationship and the other person doesn't, we need to examine just how strong the relationship ever was.

Dyl basically went through the same thing, and it left him in this huge spin as to how he messed things up, but anyone intent of cutting you out of their lives doesn't need a reason. A friend is going to point out your fault on no uncertain terms and give you a fair chance to alter your behavior, otherwise they're no better than any random acquaintances we'll ever have.

Connection is a vital tool for us to develop as human beings, but to settle for whatever connections we can get can stunt our development just as easily.
must be discussed a few pages back, so Dyl attempted to speak to, reconnect with an old friend he lost touch with, grew apart or drifted apart from, but that person rejected his attempt and gave no reason?
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:00 AM #2250
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

must be discussed a few pages back, so Dyl attempted to speak to, reconnect with an old friend he lost touch with, grew apart or drifted apart from, but that person rejected his attempt and gave no reason?
https://www.RangerBoard.com/showthre...23#post5346623
Old June 18th, 2019, 07:35 PM #2251
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

I see now, thanks for the link to the page, involved a woman in his case.
Old June 20th, 2019, 02:09 AM #2252
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

The simplest things set my brother off, I swear. I'm running short on juice, so I tell him I'm thinking of using online shopping services to supply me with some emergency stock, he goes off on one saying I should just tell his wife to bring something in because he's working. The guy doesn't seem to think I'm capable of shopping independently and it rattles my confidence.
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2019, 03:25 AM #2253
> turbo409uk

turbo409uk

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

The guy doesn't seem to think I'm capable of shopping independently and it rattles my confidence.
Is he an older brother and just overprotective?
turbo409uk is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2019, 03:26 AM #2254
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

turbo409uk wrote: View Post

Is he an older brother and just overprotective?
Younger brother, but he's unofficially the big brother due to more life experience , I also have crippling anxiety issues.
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2019, 12:53 PM #2255
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

The guy doesn't seem to think I'm capable of shopping independently and it rattles my confidence.
Then do it anyway. Our actions train people how to treat us, when we deliver past their apprehensions they learn to leave us be.
Old June 21st, 2019, 07:28 PM #2256
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Father has in bad shape the last couple of days with pneumonia. Complications happened and need a respirator and now they putting a caphitor in to get to his arteries. The doctors are attentive and are explaining everything to my mother and I, but it feels like whenever we get some sign of relief we get hit with something. I have to stay optimistic for, especially for my mother. I just don't want this to be it for my father. It was so sudden. So really hoping he makes it out this so he can get home and make drastic life changes to prevent this again.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 07:42 PM #2257
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Father has in bad shape the last couple of days with pneumonia. Complications happened and need a respirator and now they putting a caphitor in to get to his arteries. The doctors are attentive and are explaining everything to my mother and I, but it feels like whenever we get some sign of relief we get hit with something. I have to stay optimistic for, especially for my mother. I just don't want this to be it for my father. It was so sudden. So really hoping he makes it out this so he can get home and make drastic life changes to prevent this again.
Oh, that's rough. Very sorry to hear. I've been through it before with my elder family members, my grandfather lost his battle with pneumonia.

Best wishes, my father was able to make it through his battle. I hope yours does too.
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:20 PM #2258
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Father has in bad shape the last couple of days with pneumonia.
My prayers.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:16 PM #2259
> boukengreen16
Power Ranger

boukengreen16
Power Ranger

im on a medication for nerve damage called gabapentin, i also have a vitamin D deficiency, these 2 factors caused my teeth to go from healthy with no cavities for 27 years to crumbling. nothing i did stopped the damage, recently 1 got so bad the root became exposed and got infected.

went to the dentist, the dentist wouldnt remove it because i still have my wisdom teeth and they are breaking, she also couldnt remove those because i have extra roots pointing backwards into my jaw. she said id have to get surgery from an oral surgeon going in from behind my jaw to remove them. oral surgeon wont see me because i dont have and cant get a valid i.d.

parents lost my birth certificate and social card when we had our stuff in storage between moves and my wallet got stolen that had my i.d. in it years ago. its been impossible to get that stuff replaced having nothing to prove who i am besides my medical insurance card. so ive been in excruciating pain, ive tried everything, temporary crown dentek stuff, peroxide, rubbing alcohol. my eye swelled close so i went to the hospital, they never let me see a dr. they made me wait for 4 1/2 hours to get a prescription for a weak anti biotic and f*cking ibuprofen,

i told them theres no way this stuff will help, they wouldnt let me see a dr. still and sent me on my way. here i am 6 hours later, 5 antibiotic pills and 4 ibuprofen in, my mom even gave me a .5 percocet. still in screaming pain. idk what im going to do but i havent slept in 3 days and my face feels like its on fire. i guess im going back to the hospital either tonight or tomo if i can make it through the night but if they wont give me something for the pain that might be it for me, i cant live like this.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 10:31 PM #2260
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

boukengreen16 wrote: View Post

im going back to the hospital either tonight or tomo if i can make it through the night but if they wont give me something for the pain that might be it for me, i cant live like this.
Wow, man, I am hurting for you. I remember a weird toothache I had that lasted days and I could barely sleep, so what you're going through must be thousands of times worse.

Just remember when you go down there to be insistent and persistent with whoever you talk to. You're up here literally rotting away, you don't have time to get whatever identification they're going to need for whatever surgery you need to undergo.

This is what it means to fight. There is no greater argument than for your simple right to exist comfortably.

Tags
drama, family, toxic