Home Menu

Menu

Old June 13th, 2019, 03:32 PM #521
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

So watched Creep the other night. That was a fun, creepy movie. Handheld camera type movie, a videographer Aaron gets a job from a guy Jonathan to film him for a few hours, basically a 'day in the life' thing cause he's expecting a son but he has cancer and so will die before he's born. So Aaron films him and things just go from weird to creepy as the movie goes. It was fun, though I had issues with the ending.

Basically, Jonathan quickly turns stalker and Aaron gets out of the house in the mountains and goes home, to where Jonathan sends him packages with weird and creepy videos and gifts. Like the first video is of Jonathan hauling some heavy trash bags up into the mountains and burying them, to which Aaron doesn't even finish that video. Anyway, long story short Jonathan sends a last video lamenting what's happened, and acknowledging he has issues but he meant well(yeah right, crazy!). And asks Aaron to meet him in this public park so they can hash it out and all that. Well here's my issue, Aaron GOES! Like seriously, Jonathan is crazy and a stalker who not only admitted to rummaging through Aaron's trash but also broke the screen on his bedroom window to place the last dvd on the sill. And unbeknownst to Aaron, he snuck into his room in the middle of the night and clipped a lock of his hair. But anyway, there's plenty Aaron does know about Jonathan being a liar and nuts.

So the idiot goes to the park, has a camera set on his car watching the lake and a bench where he goes to sit after talking to the camera about how he has the cops on speed dial, etc etc. Then he sits there on the bench and you see Jonathan come up behind him, pull out this mask he shows off earlier in the movie, and nails Aaron in the head with an axe. All the while Aaron never heard a thing. Seriously? I mean he should've been paranoid enough to keep an eye on his surroundings, but no. Not only did he stupidly meet the crazy stalker in what was suppose to be a public place though looked rather empty, but then he just sits on a bench and stares out at the water, oblivious to everything around him? That irritated me. Though at least somewhat comically the video then cuts to Jonathan being there watching the video at home to which he comments on Aaron not even turning around. Still, it just didn't feel right. Didn't make sense that Aaron would decide to do something so stupid. So yeah, the movie was fun but the ending was frustrating. There's also a sequel on Netflix I might get to sometime soon, so we'll see maybe its end makes a little more sense.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2019, 10:15 AM #522
> Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

So after looking forward to watching Us, I sat down and watched it earlier. I was so let down, hearing all the good things that I did, I was expecting to actually enjoy this. I didn't, the twist wasn't shocking since I kinda called it early in the film. Such a shame.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 08:53 AM #523
> AbareHunter
NACHO!

AbareHunter
NACHO!

I have to say, I really love how Bear McCreary has made the theme sound childish, yet twisted. It helps to further differentiate the remake from the original Child's Play.
AbareHunter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 04:22 PM #524
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

I'm going in with low expectations on Child's Play, despite my inner child telling me different. I never saw the first two Child's Plays theatrically as a child, so in a way this is kind of making up for that loss.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 06:30 PM #525
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

If only I could afford this
https://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/3...ed-grab-today/
Dead2009 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 05:51 AM #526
> AbareHunter
NACHO!

AbareHunter
NACHO!

It looks like Toho's classic Godzilla themes aren't the only thing Bear McCreary has revived. Here's his take on Joe Renzetti's original Child's Play theme.
AbareHunter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:06 AM #527
> Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

Zeo-Gold92
'Consequences'

I guess it's better than his godzilla one, I wasnt a fan of that one.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:04 AM #528
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Old June 18th, 2019, 12:16 PM #529
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I love that the bad guys are just as clueless as the victim.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 05:29 PM #530
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I watched that trailer what...yesterday? Anyways, it made me laugh cause I kept thinking "Oh, so THIS is the Clue remake we were hearing about." Cause it's totally like a darker version of Clue. But yeah, the movie looks entertaining.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 09:28 PM #531
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

So this is kinda neat, they are going to be showing Tammy and the T-Rex: The Gore Cut.
With all the Gore put back in.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/review...Td68sWM8Dc4QiE
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2019, 06:25 AM #532
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Paramount and Blumhouse Developing New ‘Paranormal Activity’ Movie
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ctivity-movie/
Old June 21st, 2019, 02:46 AM #533
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

I actually liked the new Child's Play, but boy did they make some changes.

They did make Andy hearing impaired, but it does tie into the plot as that Chucky can communicate to him through it. Karen and Mike get some actual personality this time around as well.

They upped the gore level from the original film big time. The scene in the trailer with the lawnmower? It gets worse for that guy. WAY worse. The movie tends to go out of its way to make most of Chucky's victims unlikable assholes that you want to see get theirs.

They made Chucky a hell of a lot creepier in this one. He's now a corrupted AI that's capable of learning, but it's HOW he learns that's kind of unsettling with Andy and his friends just having fun, playing pranks and watching horror movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Chucky's Imprint on Andy and his willingness to protect him also doesn't help when he sees people abusing his friend.

But it was a decent attempt at a reboot, and I'm curious as where they'll go with the sequel.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 06:05 AM #534
> laterdayz13
classic

laterdayz13
classic

Was surprised by Child’s Play. Definitely room for improvement but they brought something new to the table with the concept.
So interesting that Chucky is more or less so child like that Andy and his friends corrupted him by not taking into consideration that he learns by watching what you say and do and by abusing the fact that he has no limitations. They teach him to swear, they teach him stabbing motions and unfortunately they end up making him believe that violence can equal happiness. There’s a moment where Chucky is remorseful for upsetting Andy and Andy is so cold towards him that Chucky’s knee jerk reaction is to do more bad stuff to try to make him happy again. It’s actually pretty interesting stuff. He’s not particularly angry. Not like the original Chucky. He’s jealous at some points, as he becomes even more self aware, but it all revolves around him desperately trying to please Andy and be his one and only friend.

The doll itself looks so bad lol. I think they realized that and that’s why they added in jokes about his looks. It helps them a bit though because there’s something so off about his looks and inherently creepy about Chucky imagery in general that it makes it feel even more unsettling.

The scene of Andy waking up to the sound of Chucky replaying the audio from when he killed the family cat (thinking that since Andy didn’t like the cat that this was somehow helping him be happy) and all he can see is Chucky’s ice blue eyes staring right back at him from the shadows actually sent a chill down my spine lol

What also struck me was that everyone seemed so used to this technology that nobody around Andy really thought twice about the damn doll walking around and asking questions 😂 Like “Umm, the doll is holding your hand and walking around the house. You’re okay with that?” Lol I’d never buy a doll that moves around so freely like that, I don’t care how popular it is 😂
laterdayz13 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 02:26 PM #535
> Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009
Horror Movie Guru

Figured I'd watch Escape Room last night since I heard it's pretty good. It's not quite on the level of something like Saw with the death scenes but the rooms are pretty well done, especially the opening room where it goes from an office to a literal oven.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 07:39 PM #536
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

I watched Nightmare Cinema last night.
It's an anthology with four or five different stories.
Some where a hit or a miss, but I think everyone will at least like one of them.

TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 08:08 PM #537
> Green Legend
Power Ranger

Green Legend
Power Ranger

I saw the new Child's Play today, and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I still prefer the Don Mancini universe, but this reboot was decently enjoyable.
Green Legend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 09:32 PM #538
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Just got back from Child's Play and frankly? The fuck was that? It takes QUITE the effort to make serial killer possessing a doll by way of voodoo a more plausible set up than
Disgruntled mistreated factory worker just turns off all the limitations and then kills himself. The fuck is that? No seriously "violence inhibitor"? Why is that even a setting!? They literally just turned that Treehouse of Horror segment with the evil Krusty doll that was making fun of Chucky into a fucking movie!

I just really hated it...
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 10:23 PM #539
> RedRobin
Genius Schmuck

RedRobin
Genius Schmuck

Someone got recs for Found Footage movies?
RedRobin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 10:43 PM #540
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

I actually really liked the new Child's Play and I am usually firmly in camp "Oh God, no, please, don't remake it." But, as with IT: Chapter One, I was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong, it will never replace the original, but it's well done and different enough to make it interesting and worthwhile.
Mark Hamill is great as Chucky, who ends up being oddly captivating in a way. He's almost a tragic villain in this - He doesn't set out to be a serial killer (no voodoo spirit here; he's basically an Alexa with arms and legs), but rather he genuinely wants to be Andy's friend and to make him happy, but because of his corrupt programming and Andy's carelessness (seriously, it's roughly 80% Andy's fault that Chucky turns evil), he's sent down a dark path that's almost completely out of his control. The film is also very tense and claustrophobic (in a good way), playing with your expectations and familiarity with the original movie. The ending's sequel hook doesn't quite make sense given the way Chucky works in this movie, but
as a one shot retelling/reimagining, Child's Play 2019 actually works really well and I'll probably be seeing it again.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Disgruntled mistreated factory worker just turns off all the limitations and then kills himself. The fuck is that? No seriously "violence inhibitor"? Why is that even a setting!? They literally just turned that Treehouse of Horror segment with the evil Krusty doll that was making fun of Chucky into a fucking movie!
I mean, I get what you're saying (I even had a moment of "You hate your boss so you're gonna potentially scare/hurt/kill some innocent child/family that has nothing to do with him?"), but I took it more as a tongue-in-cheek, "Okay, you know Chucky is evil, we don't need to spend an hour setting this up" moment of humor. And considering this is a franchise that includes Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky, we can't really fault the remake for something like that.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote