Home Menu

Menu

Old February 20th, 2019, 02:28 PM #1601
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

Yeah it's fine to have to wait in line for merch, because you can do that at any point during the weekend. But to have to wait hours just to get in at all? That is what really sucks.
Fair, but on the other hand, that line was usually super long, so standing in it took away time from other things. I had to stand in it twice, since they gave me the wrong-sized shirts and such.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2019, 05:54 AM #1602
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

Personally, I've long thought they give away too much "swag" anyway. If a couple go there, expecially if on a gold or platinum ticket, they literally need an extra suitcase on the way back just all the different shirts and hoodies received.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2019, 08:10 AM #1603
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

oh well, to each their own, it sounds like you share the mindset and i assume its common for others as well, one guy told me he would meet Amy Jo under 2 conditions, if she was to attend a local show, convention, within his city, town, region, or state, or if she attended PMC, PMC is the only show, convention he is willing to travel or commute long distance to.

But ya i wonder if Amy Jo has something against the West Coast, since there are plenty of conventions, shows that don't revolve around Power Rangers on the West Coast and yet she still hasn't done an Con appearence on the West Coast yet. I didn't fly to the East Coast to meet her, i flew from California to Texas to meet her, while Texas is a Western region state, it's obviously not the West Coast.
Her, Jdf, and Steve Cardenas are currently in hawaii doing a con together. But Iíve noticed that both jdf and ajj have been so secluded from steve from what I seen..

I seen both their comic con schedules and jdf and ajj are doing photo ops together but without steve... thats half of an mmpr team, why not do ops with all 3? . is Ajj only comfortable with jdf or something? Lol

Last edited by mmprfan09; February 23rd, 2019 at 08:46 AM.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2019, 02:00 PM #1604
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Her, Jdf, and Steve Cardenas are currently in hawaii doing a con together. But Iíve noticed that both jdf and ajj have been so secluded from steve from what I seen..

I seen both their comic con schedules and jdf and ajj are doing photo ops together but without steve... thats half of an mmpr team, why not do ops with all 3? . is Ajj only comfortable with jdf or something? Lol
I do know that last year she was at Lexington Con, Catherine Sutherland, Karan Ashley and Walter Jones were there as well, I think she was secluded from them as well, but not entirely sure, would have to speak to someone who is a witness and was in attendance there, it seems the only people she will associate herself with at events or conventions, shows, are JDF and David Yost, or just keep to herself if she's the only Ranger actor/actress there.

It has been quite evident for a while now that JDF and David Yost are her ranger co-stars that she is the closest with and keeps in touch with the most, which makes sense because they were her longest-running co-stars on the show.

But it does make you wonder if Amy or JDF have something against certain ranger co-stars when attending events, cons, etc.
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:53 PM #1605
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

If PMC is going to be back in Anaheim next year, we know when it wonít be. The Anaheim Convention Center will be booked August 27-30 with Star Wars Celebration, so, we can eliminate that as a PMC weekend. (Unless it moves back to Pasadena,)

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...led_184353.asp
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:50 AM #1606
> thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

thunderzordpower
Power Ranger

Was the Con in Texas successful? I don't recall hearing anything about it.
thunderzordpower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 06:33 AM #1607
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

I'm guessing 14th-16th, or possibly 21st-23rd.
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:35 PM #1608
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

thunderzordpower wrote: View Post

Was the Con in Texas successful? I don't recall hearing anything about it.
I had a on-going thread about it for a while.
But officially, I never really heard anything about how good or bad it actually did.
TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2019, 02:43 PM #1609
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

approximately, I think around 10,000 fans attended PMC last year, i estimate it should be like around 4 to 5 thousand more fans will show up in 2020.
Old July 4th, 2019, 09:51 AM #1610
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

Itís Labor Day weekend next year. AND back in Pasadena.

https://poplurker.com/2019/07/04/pow...-and-location/

Ticket sales in ~6 weeks
Old July 4th, 2019, 11:54 AM #1611
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

Itís Labor Day weekend next year. AND back in Pasadena.

https://poplurker.com/2019/07/04/pow...-and-location/

Ticket sales in ~6 weeks
Weird that an entertainment site would have the report before the official site, but this is Power Morphicon staff we're talking about...
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 4th, 2019, 01:33 PM #1612
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Weird that an entertainment site would have the report before the official site, but this is Power Morphicon staff we're talking about...
Their new media director works for Poplurker. So itís not that weird. A bit unethical, but not weird.
Old July 4th, 2019, 02:09 PM #1613
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

no doubt about it, reason for moving back to Pasadena, CA, is due to the schedule conflict going on in August of next year in Anaheim, especially Star Wars Celebration, I wonder if they are gonna expand it into more rooms this time compared to the last time PMC was held in Pasadena in the L.A. area, in 2016, because it moving back to Pasadena, also makes me wonder if PMC will be less crowded next year compared to last year, when normally it has gotten more crowded every 2 years it has been held.

Also, question about JDF, why is it that everytime he has attending a Power Ranger-themed convention, show, he has always done a 1-day appearance only instead of being there the whole weekend or being there Sunday as well? because that's how he did it when he was at PMC 2010, last year 2018, and at Rangerstop in Atlanta, just a 1-day appearance. He's missing out on making more money.

Last edited by PopCultureLover06; July 4th, 2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old July 4th, 2019, 05:27 PM #1614
> goldrngr87
Power Ranger

goldrngr87
Power Ranger

I wonder what exclusives they will have? When do tickets usually go for sale?
goldrngr87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 07:45 AM #1615
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

no doubt about it, reason for moving back to Pasadena, CA, is due to the schedule conflict going on in August of next year in Anaheim, especially Star Wars Celebration, I wonder if they are gonna expand it into more rooms this time compared to the last time PMC was held in Pasadena in the L.A. area, in 2016, because it moving back to Pasadena, also makes me wonder if PMC will be less crowded next year compared to last year, when normally it has gotten more crowded every 2 years it has been held.

Also, question about JDF, why is it that everytime he has attending a Power Ranger-themed convention, show, he has always done a 1-day appearance only instead of being there the whole weekend or being there Sunday as well? because that's how he did it when he was at PMC 2010, last year 2018, and at Rangerstop in Atlanta, just a 1-day appearance. He's missing out on making more money.
Thatís a good point, I didnít know about Celebration. As for more space at Pasadena than we had before, thatís not totally clear. The convention center is three buildings. We were in the conference building when the con first went to Pasadena, then moved over to the exhibition building, though there was some back-of-show stuff in the conference building the past two cons. Based on my recollections, PMC used every inch of the exhibition building when it was there. Could that space have been used better? I donít know, but Iíll bet you Scott is trying to figure it out.

goldrngr87 wrote: View Post

I wonder what exclusives they will have? When do tickets usually go for sale?
Tickets will go on sale around six weeks from now. Keep your ear to the ground.
Old July 6th, 2019, 09:34 AM #1616
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first year there isn't growth. Labor day weekend just seems like a bad choice for Con like this. Kids will be back in school, so most people who'd normally go on a Friday won't, because they'd have to take their kids out. I don't even want to think of what airfare and hotel costs will be that weekend either.

I was honestly looking forward to going, even with the issues last year. Granted this trip was going to be far more family oriented, so while I prefer pasadena overall, I was slightly disappointed it wasn't in Anaheim, with Disney literally right across the street. All that being said, the likelihood of me going is slim to none being when it is. Labor Day weekend is a big family time for me here, with parties, parades, cookouts, and my god-son's birthday.
Old July 6th, 2019, 10:47 AM #1617
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

Labor day weekend just seems like a bad choice for Con like this. Kids will be back in school, so most people who'd normally go on a Friday won't, because they'd have to take their kids out.
Late August had most kids in California back in school anyway.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 11:02 AM #1618
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Late August had most kids in California back in school anyway.
Same here in Illinois. This year, for example, the first day in my area is the 20th, which makes that mid-month all that more.

Granted, my son isn't in school yet, only being 2 1/2, but looking back at previous dates, PMC 2 and 4 were the only ones that would have potentially interfered with school dates, while PMC 3, 5, and 6 were early enough not to. Being someone coming in from out of state, if late august/early September dates are going to become a standard going forward, I can pretty much say goodbye to any future PMC vacations. Heck, if it was a little later in the year even, it would actually be easier to justify, but once the kid is in school, I don't want to pull him out his first or second week for a couple days to go on a vacation.
Old July 11th, 2019, 06:05 PM #1619
> Nightcrawler
I am the one who BAMFs!

Nightcrawler
I am the one who BAMFs!

I wonder if I'll be able to make it to this one. I went to the first two, but none since.
Nightcrawler is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2019, 05:20 PM #1620
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

I did hear another factor, as to why its returning to Pasadena, not being held in Anaheim again next year, I spoke to one of the PMC staff members, who work for Scott Zillner, at Anime Expo, they said that the administration, or just people in charge of the Anaheim Convention Center, they took too long to respond back to Scott Zillner about using the place again, too long of a delay to respond back to him, they were very unreliable for that.

But ya, JDF so far, he seems to only attend Power Ranger-themed conventions, shows, for 1-day only, Saturday, especially since his character of Tommy Oliver is definetley the most iconic or popular among the PR fandom, I wonder why he doesn't do multiple-days at cons when he would make more money.

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant