Home Menu

Menu

Old June 11th, 2019, 09:16 AM #1321
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

comicstar100 wrote: View Post

Did really anyone think the game was complete at launch though? I mean we live in a time where we can watch reviewers for hours on youtube. I think it was pretty clear they would be adding most the content after launch. If you chose to buy digital on day one you chose for the most part to do so knowing you would either purchase more content later or have a incomplete game.
I don't think the last sentence in your post is reasonable. The fact that the game is digital means that nway should be pushing through a "complete game" whenever the game is complete. The idea that anyone who bought the game on day one should have to pay more for a complete game is absurd.

If your premise is that people shouldn't be complaining about the stickers or the book or whatever, I agree. But the way you worded your post it sounds like you're suggesting that if the hard copy of the game contains more game content, people should just grin and bear it. Sorry if I misinterpreted what you meant.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 10:17 AM #1322
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

But whatever store is being discussed gave the guy the refund so... Entitlement or store policy?
i'm leaning entitlement, why? because i've worked at home depot and knowing their store policy, they wouldn't of given it to him, BUT if you scream loud enough they'll do anything to just send you out of their store happy. not saying this person did it, but it does happen.
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 10:49 AM #1323
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

I don't think the last sentence in your post is reasonable. The fact that the game is digital means that nway should be pushing through a "complete game" whenever the game is complete. The idea that anyone who bought the game on day one should have to pay more for a complete game is absurd.

If your premise is that people shouldn't be complaining about the stickers or the book or whatever, I agree. But the way you worded your post it sounds like you're suggesting that if the hard copy of the game contains more game content, people should just grin and bear it. Sorry if I misinterpreted what you meant.
No my point is I don't feel like I was misled. Nway said from the start they would add more content. So I knew from the start if I bought the game when it first came out it wouldn't have all the content. This isn't a case of something like No Mans Sky where we were promised content that flat out was not avalible at launch.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 11th, 2019, 11:23 AM #1324
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

No my point is I don't feel like I was misled. Nway said from the start they would add more content. So I knew from the start if I bought the game when it first came out it wouldn't have all the content. This isn't a case of something like No Mans Sky where we were promised content that flat out was not avalible at launch.
Yea, I agree with that. As long as the content that nway promised gets added eventually, you basically got what you paid for and a little "demo" period where the game wasn't complete.

The only thing that would be shitty is if nway decided that the hard copy was going to come with a bonus game mode or 6 extra characters or whatever, and then made the day 1 folks pay more to get those "extras".

TLDR: If the games are the same, no reason to complain.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 12:47 PM #1325
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

Did really anyone think the game was complete at launch though? I mean we live in a time where we can watch reviewers for hours on youtube. I think it was pretty clear they would be adding most the content after launch. If you chose to buy digital on day one you chose for the most part to do so knowing you would either purchase more content later or have a incomplete game.
What we knew or not is honestly immaterial.

This isn't a question of fairness, it's a question of kindness. And any company punishing you for being an early customer is being unkind.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 01:55 PM #1326
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

This isn't a question of fairness, it's a question of kindness. And any company punishing you for being an early customer is being unkind.
this can't be viewed as punishment honestly. it was a low end game, in terms of how it would fair out in the world. not many people buy power rangers games. the fact it was only released as a digital game at first i think proves my point. if this was any other game, a known game that would do well, it would of gotten a physical release.

but again, ya'll are making it seem as though this game will be released in the next month or so. this game is being released late this year. i believe it said some time in november. so it's a good ways away and it'll most likely have all the dlc that we would be getting up until that point.
Old June 11th, 2019, 03:16 PM #1327
> FET-Kun
Dude In A Terriermon Suit

FET-Kun

First of all, I've worked retail and customer service jobs for years. Second, I have never yelled, demanded, or caused a problem at any establishment. It's because I know store policies, that I have even ever bothered to take my receipt to a store, and point out that a TV that I just purchased, went on sale weeks after my purchase

This policy exists for many reasons, but the biggest is to avoid having people return the product, in order to get the difference in price. Would I return a product, such as a TV, to save money? Hell no, there is too much risk and hassle. But hey, the store offers to give your money back if it goes on sale shortly after your purchase, then why wouldn't I do it? If you were told you could get $100 back because a store reduced the sale of a product, weeks after your purchase, you wouldn't walk in and take advantage of it?

Let's not be silly. Just because this is a strange and foreign concept to you, doesn't mean it is to the other millions of consumers, and your attempt to belittle me is not appreciated, Megagao.

It's simply a service that has been offered by most big chain stores, for close to two decades.
FET-Kun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 03:51 PM #1328
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

FET-Kun wrote: View Post

First of all, I've worked retail and customer service jobs for years. Second, I have never yelled, demanded, or caused a problem at any establishment. It's because I know store policies, that I have even ever bothered to take my receipt to a store, and point out that a TV that I just purchased, went on sale weeks after my purchase

This policy exists for many reasons, but the biggest is to avoid having people return the product, in order to get the difference in price. Would I return a product, such as a TV, to save money? Hell no, there is too much risk and hassle. But hey, the store offers to give your money back if it goes on sale shortly after your purchase, then why wouldn't I do it? If you were told you could get $100 back because a store reduced the sale of a product, weeks after your purchase, you wouldn't walk in and take advantage of it?

Let's not be silly. Just because this is a strange and foreign concept to you, doesn't mean it is to the other millions of consumers, and your attempt to belittle me is not appreciated, Megagao.

It's simply a service that has been offered by most big chain stores, for close to two decades.
Couldn't agree more. I work at Costco, people come in and return things after they gone on sale a week later and buy it again just to get less than $10 back <_< And don't even get me started on the daily abuse of our return policy and whats allowed to be returned just to keep people shopping! Just this last month alone:

-A $80 cat tree was returned just because "their cat got stuck on top of it"

-A $400 lawn mower was returned because "it shut off when they walked away from it and had to restart it" Either the person never used a lawn mower before or maybe they lived in another country where safety laws we have with such things in America don't exist?

-A $1000 Playhouse/Swing set combo was returned that the person bought FIVE years ago because it was "rotting" because most things made out of wood will do that if you live in a part of the state like mine where it rains a lot in the winter? They brought it back in pieces inside of a horse trailer that obviously have had horses in it very recently judging by the smell, and than bought another one which I'm sure they'll probably bring back years later when it gets rained on enough times <_<

Do I agree with all it and how things are carried out to just keep the customer happy? No. But as FET stated, it does indeed happen on a daily basis in most major retail stores in America anyways.
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 04:38 PM #1329
> FET-Kun

FET-Kun

Well, granted those are some very extreme examples of people taking advantage of store policies that goes far beyond, well... a TV going on sale a few weeks later. But either way, it goes to show that big chain store will do whatever it takes to stay in the good graces of the consumer.
Old June 11th, 2019, 04:55 PM #1330
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

FET-Kun wrote: View Post

Well, granted those are some very extreme examples of people taking advantage of store policies that goes far beyond, well... a TV going on sale a few weeks later. But either way, it goes to show that big chain store will do whatever it takes to stay in the good graces of the consumer.
To a Costco employee like me, those are typical everyday things that happen there <_< Last year something went viral on facebook about a live xmas tree being returned weeks after xmas when it was dead and that store taking it back. Everyone seemed to have lost their minds on social media over such a thing happening and Costco employees around the world are just like "nothing new to us, why is everyone so shocked?!"

I do see lots of cases with your tv example. I can understand things like you're example and would probably do it myself too if it was 100s in savings. Thankfully though when technology evolved at a faster rate and we're at a point now where like every year electronics are newer and better, they made it to where if you have things like tvs, phones, tablets, computers, etc we won't allow you to return them after 3 months to fight that kinda abuse with returns. Theres a differnce between someone getting money back on a sale a week after they bought it, and someone just trying to return their tv from 5 years ago they no longer want just so they can have the newest one.

In terms of this new physical release for Battle for the Grid. I'm not double dipping and also feel its kind of a slap in the face considering the way they handled it at launch. I appreciate the fact that a dev put some effort into a power ranger game, but hopefully they (and other devs that might make a future PR game down the road) learned some valuable lessons from it.
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 06:43 AM #1331
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

a lot of good examples of returning goods or getting a refund/adjustment but lets get real here. theres a big difference between a store having a policy to allow for an adjustment, mind you it typically isn't past 10-14 days and a store having policies to adhere to and directly even stated on said receipts BUT the store overriding said policy just to either shut the screaming customer up or to just make them happy.

i've worked in retail, i know how customers are like when they return products. a lot of the time, the product is clearly used, or torn, or missing parts, or heck not even sold by the store they are trying to get an adjustment for or refund for. and guess what, the store has policies and guidlelines they adhere to. and in a lot of your examples, those store probably had a policy that couldn't give you an adjustment after 3 weeks or a refund. BUT the store decided it was ok to break store policy just to appease some of these asshole customers.

i guess i'm biased in this particular situation. i completely understand if a product bought by someone breaks down and its within the window to either return it for a refund or get a replacement, or to even ask for an adjustment. but when the reciept clearly stated you only have 14 days or 30 days to ask for a refund and you come in well after said amount of time, or when you try to return a product that they store clearly never ever sold and the guys that work behind the returns department are doing their job in advising said customer that it can't be refunded or adjusted, only to have a shithead manager say to the customer right in front of you that after all the right things you may have said to the customer, the manager STILL gives the greedy customer their money, thats what gets me. so maybe i'm biased when i hear someone asking for an adjustment on a tv they bought 3 weeks prior, but is it really store policy to allow said adjustment? or were they just not in the mood to deal with an entitled customer and just decided to shut them up sooner and just give in to the demand?

thats all i'll say on this matter. i've worked in retail and have come to understand that both the customers AND managers are dicks.

majority do not do adjustments past 14 days. i knew the majority of these and since it's a year old now, some may have changed. rare case is one that does atdjustments at 30 days max. https://www.offers.com/blog/post/pri...t-policies/#CD

Last edited by megagao; June 13th, 2019 at 06:22 AM.
Old June 12th, 2019, 02:58 PM #1332
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

I apollogize if someone already brought this up, but i just heard today that N Way will add spark damage effects to the game in a later update.
Alien of Aquatar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:31 PM #1333
> FET-Kun

FET-Kun

megagao wrote: View Post

but is it really store policy to allow said adjustment? or were they just not in the mood to deal with an entitled customer and just decided to shut them up sooner and just give in to the demand?
It was store policy. What do you not understand? If I knew that this was going to blow your mind this deeply, I would never have used the examples that I did, in order to spare all of us.
Old June 13th, 2019, 06:22 AM #1334
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Alien of Aquatar wrote: View Post

I apollogize if someone already brought this up, but i just heard today that N Way will add spark damage effects to the game in a later update.
that would actually be something i'd like as well. it'd be more show accurate and just fun to see when a sword or energy blast hits a ranger. i second this request.
Old June 13th, 2019, 07:37 AM #1335
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

that would actually be something i'd like as well. it'd be more show accurate and just fun to see when a sword or energy blast hits a ranger. i second this request.
It's not a request. It's actually going to happen.
Old June 13th, 2019, 09:06 AM #1336
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Alien of Aquatar wrote: View Post

It's not a request. It's actually going to happen.
even better! aren't we supposed to be getting our first paid dlc ranger pack some time this month as well?
Old June 13th, 2019, 03:32 PM #1337
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

even better! aren't we supposed to be getting our first paid dlc ranger pack some time this month as well?
as far as i know, there is no official release date as to when the new characters will be announced. but there are rumors that new content for the game (most likely the DLC characters) might be announced at rangerstop which is the 21st of this month. or at the san diego Comic Con which is next month.
Old June 13th, 2019, 09:19 PM #1338
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

By this logic every company that has produced a fighting game with DLC ever is being unkind to it's audience by releasing DLC after launch. They aren't being unkind they are selling DLC after launch like nearly every fighting game on the market.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 09:53 PM #1339
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

They aren't being unkind they are selling DLC after launch like nearly every fighting game on the market.
Nobody in here is mad about the DLC. Everyone expected the DLC.

They didn't expect Power Coins, artbooks and posters being available for people who didn't support the game at launch. Those people lost out for being the key customers.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old June 14th, 2019, 08:26 AM #1340
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Nobody in here is mad about the DLC. Everyone expected the DLC.

They didn't expect Power Coins, artbooks and posters being available for people who didn't support the game at launch. Those people lost out for being the key customers.
but once again, this was to be expected, maybe not those bonuses for preordered a physical release, but really for those who did not even purchase said game because to them it felt completely unpolished/unfinished.

am i upset for preordering the $40 game? nope. i expected this to happen only if the game was going to do well. i honestly didn't think it would do well, but lo and behold here it is. once again, the fact that this is getting a physical release late this year at all, should tell us that it's doing well and we should be happy. no one is telling anyone to buy it again. is it frustrating? sure i can see that, but it was a possibility and people should of been aware of it.

and honestly those bonuses are kinda crap to me. that steelcase looks cheaply done. like no effort whatsoever was made. magnetic coins? lets hope they aren't strong enough to mess with the cartridge inside >.> and a poster? eh. nothing really special. i'll be happy with my standard card version.

Tags
hasbaro, holding block - the game, legacy, lionsgate, nway, wars