Old April 25th, 2018, 07:08 PM #21
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Thought I'd provide an update on what I'm working on:

Episode 3 is underway. I've been having a bit of a family emergency. Anyone who follows me on Twitter knows what's going on so I won't get into it here. But I've begun work on Episode 3 today. Also, please check out chapters 1 and 2 of Episode 1, which now have audio book versions featuring music from the show and various sound effects!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfAydkHUFNc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsRPcGcgKvw

Chapter 3 of Episode 1 is nearly complete, but I'm still searching for some good fighting sound effects that don't sound comedic and cartoonish. Any help in that area would be much appreciated. Also, my friend will be writing and possibly performing an original ending theme which will be played at the end of each episode!

Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to read and listen. I think Garo fans will be pleasantly surprised to see how my story fits into the existing canon and manages to tie everything together!
MakaiRanger99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 07:23 PM #22
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Chapter 3 has been updated with the audio book version.
Old May 15th, 2018, 11:18 AM #23
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

I'm just realizing, since I have quite a few episodes planned, rather than make a separate thread for each one, can one of the mods merge this and my thread for episode 1 together and just call it GARO Seeds of Inga? Thanks.
Old May 15th, 2018, 07:38 PM #24
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Chapter 4 has been updated with the audio book version. Also, would appreciate it if a mod could merge this thread with my thread for episode 2, since I have a lot of episodes planned and I realized it's probably best to keep them all in one thread. Thanks!
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:33 AM #25
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Thanks for merging the threads! I’ll try to organize it a bit better so that readers can jump to each episode as I start to add more.
Old June 18th, 2018, 11:05 AM #26
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

I just read the first chapter of this. Not bad at all. Interested in seeing where this goes...

I'm not too familiar with newer PR so forgive me, is this based off anything?
BrownRangerKev is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 07:40 PM #27
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

BrownRangerKev wrote: View Post

I just read the first chapter of this. Not bad at all. Interested in seeing where this goes...

I'm not too familiar with newer PR so forgive me, is this based off anything?
Hey thanks for reading! This actually isn’t a Power Rangers fanfic. This is a story set in the universe of GARO, which is an adult tokusatsu show. So far, the only character from the show that is featured in my story is Zaruba, Jason’s talking magic ring.

And while this isn’t based on Power Rangers, I’ve added a couple of very obscure PR references and Easter eggs.

Also, if you haven’t already, be sure to check out the audio book version I’ve been working on. So far, chapters 1-4 of episode 1 can be listened to. They include music from the show and sound effects!
Old June 20th, 2018, 05:53 AM #28
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Sweet. I may just do that. It tough to find time with my job to read F.F. But I try when I can. Especially in trying to help this forum be more active.

Where can I download the audio versions?
Old June 20th, 2018, 04:05 PM #29
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Sweet. I may just do that. It tough to find time with my job to read F.F. But I try when I can. Especially in trying to help this forum be more active.

Where can I download the audio versions?
Well, they are on YouTube. You can find the links at the end of chapters 1-4 of episode one. However, I don’t mind if you use something like vidtomp3.com or flvto.com to download them as MP3s. Or if you wanna wait a little longer til I finish chapters 5 and 6, I’ll upload the entirety of episode 1 to something like Mega.co.nz or some other file sharing site.

For some reason, the audio volume got a bit weird in chapter one, but chapters 2-4 seem to be ok. Also, I’ve got a friend who is writing and will be performing an original ending theme for the show, which will be played at the end of chapter 6 and at the end of each last chapter of every episode going forward.
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:29 PM #30
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Updated Chapter 5 of Episode 1 with the audio book version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHSLHuXVtrM

Also, put them in a playlist on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...f9JET94Mc61VJi
Old July 15th, 2018, 10:38 AM #31
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Awesome. Checking them out now!
Old July 17th, 2018, 06:06 AM #32
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Awesome. Checking them out now!
Great! Chapter 6 is on the way which will finish episode 1, and episode 3 is nearly completed.
Old August 4th, 2018, 04:24 PM #33
> Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Ryuranger
Ryuranger.com

Nice, a Garo fanfic worth reading. Good work.
Ryuranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 06:45 AM #34
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Ryuranger wrote: View Post

Nice, a Garo fanfic worth reading. Good work.
Thanks! Don’t worry, I haven’t quit on this fic, I’m still working on the next episode. Be prepared, Episode 3 is gonna be pretty dark and maybe even disturbing to some readers but that’s kind of the point of this story; with great evil, there will always be great goodness to fight it. In terms of the audio book version, chapter 6 has been recorded and now has music, so I’m working on sound effects now.
Old August 11th, 2018, 04:31 PM #35
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

英雄
HERO

Chapter 1

Drake stormed into the Watchdog site. The room was dark, with only a few candles placed on the sides of the aisle leading to the Watchdog’s chair. The chair floated a few feet off the floor, meaning that anyone who entered the Watchdog site had to be looking up at the watchdog. Drake walked down the aisle towards the Watchdog.

“Ah, the Sapphire Knight returns,” the Watchdog said. Drake walked up to where the Watchdog sat. He stopped at the end of the aisle, a few feet away from her, and folded his arms. Drake was a man in his early 30’s. He was 6 foot, 3 inches tall. He had brown hair in the style of a mullet that came down to his shoulders. He had reddish-brown skin, common among those born of Native American descent. Like many Makai Knights, he wore a long coat over his clothes. Unknown to most, it wasn’t just weapons that Knights needed to summon their armor. Certain pieces of clothing also had to be present. Depending on the armor, this typically meant some type of long coat had to be worn while working. Drake’s weapons were two daggers stored in his inside coat pockets. “What can I do for you?” The Watchdog asked.

“Madam Emily, what happened to you?” Drake asked. “You don’t look so good.” Emily used to have the appearance of a young, caucasian woman with brown hair and blue eyes. Now, she looked like she had aged 20 years since the last time he saw her, which was only a few weeks ago. She wore an ornate white gown that touched the floor. “Actually, never mind,” Drake said before she could answer. “I don’t care. The reason I came here is because I need money. Then I’m gone.”

“You were just paid for the week,” she said.

“Not for me,” he clarified. “I need money for the victims’ families.”

“Oh, you...couldn’t save them?” she asked in a somber voice.

“Only half,” Drake said. “About a quarter of the students were eaten by Gosniac. But the other quarter of the school was killed by Margaret Richards before she became the Horror. That’s about 150 children. Dead. All I could do was call the police and try to help as many of the kids get to safety as I could before she became possessed.” He dropped his hands to his sides, squeezing his fists together. “I could have stopped her!”

“Drake, I understand you’re upset,” Emily began. “But you did the right thing. You cannot cut down normal humans--”

“Nothing about her was normal!” Drake shouted. “She was a murderer. She deserved to die before she became a Horror. And you know the worst part? When the police arrived, Gosniac was able to escape. It changed it’s appearance to look like it’s human host, surrendered and was taken into custody by the cops. I couldn’t interfere, or risk being arrested too. So I had to escape. And Gosniac? It’s still out there! Now it’s gonna find a way out of jail and probably go after the survivors, assuming it doesn’t eat the cops first. So, no! You do not understand I’m upset! All you understand is when Horrors come into our world and how to stop them, but you do nothing else but sit here in the dark waiting for bad things to happen.”

“Drake…”

“No, I’m done! Just transfer enough money for the victims’ funerals to my account. I’m out of here. I’ve had enough of this.” Drake turned and left the room. Emily stared at him in silence. For the first time in the last hundred years, she didn’t know what to say.

Drake stepped out through the portal on the brick wall into the alley. The town he was in had a small population, and everyone knew each other here. The tragedy that had occurred at the high school had hit the community hard. He stepped out of the alley way and onto the sidewalk. There were a few people walking down the sidewalk, two of which he recognized as the mother and father of one of the victims. The mother had been sobbing and the father held her in his arms as they walked. Drake put his hands in his pockets and headed back to his apartment.

When he entered his apartment, he shut the door behind him. He walked to his kitchen, opened his fridge, and searched for the strongest drink he could find. He pulled out a glass bottle of Bargnian scotch. He poured the dark green liquid into one of his shot glasses and downed it. The drink burned his throat as it went down. He grabbed the glass and the bottle and walked into the living room, removed his Madou Belt from his waist and placed her on his coffee table. His Madou Belt’s name was Quavora, and she had worked with Drake in hunting Horrors for over twenty years. The silver belt buckle had the face of a skull with silver eyes, while the belt itself was dark red.

“Drake,” Quavora began. Drake held the bottle in both hands and leaned back into his seat. “You can’t blame yourself for what happened.”

“Do you know what the main ingredient in this drink is?” Drake asked, completely disregarding Quavora’s attempt at comforting him. She decided it was best to humor him.

“The purified blood of a Barg,” she responded. “Why?”

“Bargs are a rare species. Even in the Makai,” Drake began. “Some of them are used to seal Horrors away.”

“What’s your point?” she asked.

“The method,” Drake replied. “The method that Makai Knights used to use to seal Horrors away. They would take their weapons, which still contained the essence of the Horror, and they would stab them into a Barg, right in its back. It’s pretty cruel. But my question is this: if the Makai Order was ok with this form of torture of an innocent creature, why are they against killing humans?”

“For some Horrors, that was the only way to seal them. It was necessary to save lives.” She answered.

“And killing a person before they become a Horror isn’t?” he asked. He poured another shot and downed it.

“Murder is still murder, Drake,” Quavora said.

“Not if they’re about to murder someone else,” Drake countered. Quavora’s eyes widened.

“I know you wanted to kill that woman before she became a Horror,” she began “But no one’s too far gone until they become one. There’s no way you could have known--”

“Don’t give me that,” Drake said. “You know she already had blood on her hands before she went into that school.”

“Even so,” Quavora said. “As long as someone’s human, there’s always a chance for them to change. Your job isn’t to question the law, just to follow it. We cannot interfere with the affairs of normal humans.” Drake put his elbows on his knees while he held his shot glass in two hands. His head dropped for a second and he sighed. He ran his hand through his hair.

“Yea. You’re right. I guess I’m just taking this one kind of hard.”

“Hmph! When aren’t I right?” Quavora joked. He lifted his head and smiled.

“Oh, you want a list?” he said. The two of them laughed. Then he felt guilty for laughing when so many innocent lives had been lost just recently. He stopped laughing and sighed. Then, he placed the glass and the bottle on the table. “Well,” he said as he put his hands on his knees and stood up. “I guess we have some work to do.”

“You’re drunk,” she said. “Not only that, you’re emotionally compromised in regard to this Horror. It might be better to let another Knight handle Gosniac. I know at least two who could probably use the work.”

“Nah,” Drake said as he twisted his torso left and right, stretching his back. “I do this better when I’m drunk anyway. I’ll just make sure I don’t drive, that’s all.” He went to pick Quavora up when a red envelope suddenly materialized on the table on the space between them. He picked up the envelope in one hand, and used his Madou Lighter in his other hand to ignite the envelope, the purple flame instantly disintegrating the envelope. The words from the orders inside came together and formed in front him floating, written in the ancient Makai language.

SAPPHIRE KNIGHT, AZURAS: YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUIRED AT SENATE SITE X-45
AT 6:00PM. ANOTHER KNIGHT HAS BEEN GIVEN THE GOSNIAC ASSIGNMENT. DO NOT
SPEAK OF THIS TO ANYONE ELSE AT THIS TIME.

“Oh great,” Drake said as the orders disappeared. “Just what I need right now; classified team meeting time,” He looked at the clock on his wall. It read 4:45pm. He picked Quavora up and fastened her around his waist. “Come on, let’s get this over with,” he told her as he left the apartment.

Last edited by MakaiRanger99; August 12th, 2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old August 11th, 2018, 04:33 PM #36
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Chapter 2

Three Days Ago....

“Where is my tribute?” the creature asked. Margaret sat on the floor in her basement in front of the totem. The lights were off, with only candles hanging on the walls providing light. She looked up at the totem she had constructed for the Horror. The totem sat in the center of a pentagram she had drawn with the blood of her victims. As for the totem, it was a long column comprised of stone and skulls. There was a large skull that sat at the top with glowing red eyes. The demon’s spirit spoke from within the top skull.

“I told you already,” she said. “I lost my job. The clinic had to shut down after the Right to Life Act was passed. The procedures I performed were the only way we were able to keep the doors open.”

“I care little for your personal problems,” the altar replied. “I only care about our deal.” Margret let out a sigh and held her hands out in a gesture that made it look like she had given up.

“What do you want me to do?” she asked. “I can’t force a woman to go through it just so I can bring you her fetus.”

“If you cannot continue your work,” it began. “Then you must use other methods. I no longer care about the age anymore. Any human will do.” Margaret looked down at the floor.

“You’re asking me to kill someone and bring them here? I don’t know if I can do that,” she replied.

“I do not understand,” the voice said. “Killing humans was your job.” She looked up.

“A fetus isn’t alive,” she protested. “It’s just a clump of cells.” Then she heard something she had never heard before. The demon laughed.

“Then why does it satisfy me the same way a human’s flesh would?” Her eyes began to widen. “The only difference now are the tools you use. But I assure you, a human is a human, even if you think it is simply a ‘clump of cells’ as you refer to it. You have two days. If I do not have at least 20 humans here, I’ll consume you instead. And, of course, our deal will be off.” She hesitated for a moment, then she answered.

“Very well, Master Gosniac,” she replied, as she bowed her head.

Present Day....

Gosniac, who had possessed Margaret Richards, sat on the floor of the cell, fingers interlocked, smiling. Due to the severity of the crimes, it was placed in a maximum security jail cell alone. There was a small bed, sink and toilet extremely close together. Of course, there were steel bars separating it from freedom, though breaking out would be easy for the Horror and would happen soon. The voices of other incarcerated women could be heard throughout the jail, but Gosniac remained quiet.

Using Margret’s body, it sat in an orange jumpsuit. Before she became a Horror, Margret was a 60-year old caucasian woman with very short blonde hair and black eyes. Gosniac had decided to play along when the police had intervened during its feasting time. It opted to use Margret’s form to avoid revealing it’s true nature to the police. Only the Makai Knight it fought knew what it really was. All other witnesses of its true form --men, women, and children from the school--had already been eaten or killed. It had also taken care to shut down any security cameras before possessing Margret during her shooting spree.

“Richards!” a voice yelled. Gosniac lifted its head and looked up to see four guards approach the bars. The women had weapons and restraints in hand. Its mouth began to water at the sight of four human women in perfect health. With the right amount of torture, their souls would be delicious. But it had to hold back. The cameras were still on and it couldn’t escape to shut them down without being seen by everyone in the jail. It had to be patient. At least for the moment. For now, it had to comply with all of their instructions.

“Your public defender’s here,” one of the guards began. “Put your hands behind your back and your forehead against the wall behind you so that we can come in to restrain you. Any attempt to resist will be treated with deadly force due to the severity of the crimes you are accused of.” Gosniac stood up and did as it was told. It could hear the cell door open. It had to fight back every beast-like instinct it had to turn around and lunge at the guards’ throats and bellies. When the handcuffs were placed on its hands, Gosniac smiled in amusement. It was incredible that humans used such primitive restraints.

Well, with the exception of Makai Priests, it thought. Sometimes, they’re more annoying than the knights. Next, chains were placed around its ankles, and the handcuffs were attached by a chain to its ankles in the hopes of preventing it from escaping. Gosniac followed the guards down the hallway and into a private room. Gosniac entered the room and one of the guards shut the door. The room had two steel chairs and a metal table, with very dim lights on the ceiling lighting the room. The walls were gray, and a hidden camera hung in the corner of the room near the door. Gosniac was led to one of the chairs and sat down in it. The guards remained in the room, their rifles in hand ready to be fired if necessary. Gosniac remained seated for about 10 minutes before there was a knock at the door.

One of the guards opened the door and a man entered the room. He was in his 50’s, wearing a gray business suit, and carrying a brown briefcase. He placed the briefcase on the table, opened it, and took out a notebook and a pen. Then he closed the case and put it on the floor next to his chair.

“Ms. Richards,” the man began. Gosniac looked at him. It sniffed in the air and noticed the smell coming off of him was different than what it expected. “My name is Jacob Wilkes. I’ve been appointed to be your defense lawyer.” He interlocked his fingers and put his hands on the table, leaning forward slightly as he spoke. “Normally I’d go through the charges against you and any options we have but today is going to be a little different than normal.” He looked around the room at the guards, then back at the Horror and smiled. “I’ll bet you’re hungry...Gosniac.” It’s eyes widened when it said its name. Two of the guards looked at each other in confusion.

“Go on,” Jacob said. “I’ve disabled the camera and the door is sealed with a special spell,” One of the guards raised her rifle on him.

“Hey!” she exclaimed. “What are you talking about? What do you think you’re doing?” The rest of the guards now had their rifles on Gosniac. The guard who held her rifle on Jacob used her free hand to call for backup. But the radio had gone dead. Gosniac looked at him, then smiled as well. It wasn’t sure what this human’s game was, but it was certainly interested.

Gosniac stood up. The guards that had their guns on the Horror fired their rifle. The automatic weapons unloaded all of their ammo into the Horror, and the bullets did manage to drill into its body. But Gosniac let out a laugh as if the bullets tickled. The firing stopped. Gosniac stood up from the chair. One of the guards put her hand on its shoulder trying to force it back into its seat. But the human was no match for a Horror’s strength. It looked at her. It’s eyes glowed red as the chains that were supposed to restrain it were melted and transformed into a silver vice that attached to the table. It used one hand and shoved it right through the guard on its left’s throat. She fell to the floor with her hands on her throat, making gurgling noises as her throat began to fill up with her own blood. The guard in the center screamed and tried to escape by running to the door. She pulled on the handle several times but it didn’t budge. The other guard to its right was paralyzed with fear and couldn’t move at all. Gosniac grabbed the remaining guard with both hands by the back of her skull and pushed it into the newly created vice on the table. The guard screamed in agony as her head was slowly crushed, her skull cracking and brains exploding onto the floor. Gosniac’s jaw split in four as it let out a hungry howl, then began to lap up the body and what remained of her skull, making loud slurping sounds as it did so.

While this was happening, the guard who had a rifle pointed at Jacob had fired it several times, but a force field had appeared that absorbed all of the bullets. When the rifle was out of ammo, Jacob laughed as his force field fired all of the bullets back into the guard’s body at once. The remaining guard in the room who had attempted to escape tried firing into the door to break the glass, but the bullet ricocheted and hit her in the right foot. She dropped to the floor screaming in fear and pain as she held her foot.

When Gosniac had finished eating the two guards, it stood up and walked to the table. It sat down in its chair and looked at Jacob. Jacob stood up from the chair and chuckled.

“Wow,” he began. “Well, that was fun! I suppose you’ll want to eat me next?”

“You’re not human, are you?” it began. “I thought you were, but your smell is...unusual. But you’re not a Horror either. What do you want, creature?”

“I’m like a Horror. But my master has taken a liking to calling us, Terrors,” Jacob explained. “The next evolution of Horrors. But we could have use for a Horror like you. And, we’d make it worth your while.”

“What could you possibly have to offer me?” it asked, truly curious now.

“We can satisfy your hunger beyond what you are able to do on your own,” he began. “And, you would be protected from the likes of Makai Knights. Guaranteed.” Jacob stood up, reached into his suit pocket that had been stained in the blood of the guards that had been eaten, and pulled out a business card. He handed it to Gosniac.

“If you’re interested, give me a call. If not, I wish you the best of luck in surviving as long as you can against the knights.” Jacob grabbed his case and walked to the door.

“Wait!” Gosniac called. The Terror stopped and turned to face the Horror. “I am interested. What can I do?” The Terror smiled at the Horror.

“First, you might wanna finish off this last meal.” Gosniac looked at the remaining guard who had fallen on the floor after the bullet had hit her in the foot. Gosniac lunged at the guard. The guard screamed as she was torn apart.

“Excellent!” The Terror said in excitement. Then he extended his arm to Gosniac, an invitation to hold it similar to how some couples might act when walking together in public. “Shall we?”

Last edited by MakaiRanger99; August 12th, 2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old August 11th, 2018, 04:34 PM #37
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Chapter 3

Drake sat within the Senate’s main meeting chamber. The room was large enough to hold about 1000 people. The chamber itself had wooden seats set up stadium style in a half circle surrounding the stone platform at the center. Many Makai Knights and Priests had entered through the main portal in the back of the room and had found a seat by the time Drake had gotten there. The room had gray stone walls that caused the mumblings of the people inside to echo slightly. There were many lights that hung down from the ceiling. The platform had several podiums set up for the Senate Watchdogs to stand at and speak to the rest of the Order. While there were many Senate Watchdogs around the world, there were only three based at this location. Drake sat in the chair, arms folded, looking around the chamber trying to see if anyone knew what was happening.

Drake looked to his left. Another Knight entered the aisle, found a seat, took off his coat and placed it on the back of the chair and sat down next to Drake. He was similar in age to him, but was missing his left hand and so used a Soul Metal fist in its place. He was caucasian, bald, and had black eyes that looked as though he had fought more Horrors than Drake had even heard of. Drake extended his right hand to introduce himself.

“I’m Drake,” he said. The man shook his hand.

“Carter,” he responded. Carter noticed Drake’s weapons in his coat. “The Sapphire Knight. Azuras, right?”

“Yea,” Drake said. “You?”

“Jarak,” Carter responded. “The Diamond Knight,”

“Ah yes!” Drake replied. “I heard about your fight with Prodatav years ago. Very impressive. An entire city saved!” Jarak sniffed in the air after Drake finished speaking.

“Are you…?” he began. “Were you drinking?”

“Ha!” Drake began. “Yea a little. Before I knew I had to drag myself here. Any idea what we’re doing here?”

“Not really,” Carter answered. “There’s whispers, of course, but nothing concrete yet.” Suddenly a portal opened from the ceiling and a figure began to slowly float down. She wore a white dress, and her skin was as pale as could be, practically glowing. But it was wrinkled and scarred. The chatter began to quiet down as the woman landed behind the center podium.

“Who’s that?” Drake asked.

“That’s Garm,” Carter answered. “Rumor has it she’s one of the oldest living Watchdogs. And one of the laziest too. If she’s making an effort to address us, this could be huge.”

“Huh.” Drake said. “Well, I’ve only heard a couple of stories about her. Never seen her in person though.”

“Greetings everyone,” Garm began. “You have been summoned here under strange circumstances. Early this morning, the Golden Knight encountered a Horror that is believed to be separated from its host. The host, however, is still alive.” The crowd began to talk amongst each other in surprise. Drake’s eyes widened in shock.

“Did I hear that right?” Drake whispered to Carter. “Or is that the alcohol talking?”

“If you’re referring to Garm telling us a Horror host actually survived separation, then yes, you did.”

“Settle down,” Garm said, in a slightly annoyed tone. The crowd began to quiet down. “I don’t want to be here any longer than I have to, so please pay attention. We don’t know for sure if the woman was fully freed from the Horror’s possession yet. This is why Garo is bringing her here, along with one of the Senate’s newest Makai Priestesses. You are all to remain here tonight to provide security while we welcome our new guest. According to the Golden Knight, while they were on their way to the Madou Train station, they were attacked by a Horror in broad daylight. It’s very possible there is more at work here than a simple Horror possession gone wrong, and the woman in question could be targeted again. We need to understand exactly what happened and if there really is a way for a human to survive a Horror’s possession. You’ll find orders under your seats as to where you are to report to tonight.”

“What about our districts?” one of the Knights had stood up to ask.

“Your respective Watchdogs have been informed of the situation and will protect them for tonight.” The Knight bowed his head slightly in reply and sat back down. Everyone began to reach under their seats to pull out their red envelopes containing their orders. “Two more things before you go. One: this situation is not to be discussed with anyone who was not called here today, even after you leave, until further notice. News like this could cause panic and confusion within the order. And two: unless your orders say so, or unless it’s an emergency, you are not to approach the woman who was possessed. We have no idea what she may be capable of, so she must have as little contact with anyone here as possible.”

Drake pulled out his envelope and ignited it with his Madou Lighter. He read the orders to himself.

“Sapphire Knight Azuras: You are hereby required to provide security to Makai Priestess Amanda Peterson, the human woman Maya, and Jason King, the Golden Knight. They are to be guided to the Gouki chamber so that Maya may be studied. You, along with Garo and Amanda, will be held responsible for Maya’s protection from any outside threats. Remain within close proximity of them for the duration of their stay or until further orders are given.” Drake finished reading out loud and the floating letters disappeared.

“I don’t know how I feel about this, Quavora,” he told his Madou Tool. “This woman’s existence could undermine the whole foundation of the order.”

“I must admit,” Quavora began. “I too, am surprised. I’m not comfortable keeping this information secret from the rest of the order.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if this woman was a failed experiment by the Senate to create their own monsters to combat Horrors,” Drake replied.

“Really?” Carter asked him. Drake looked at him. “Come on. That’s a bit of a stretch.”

“Is it?” Drake began. “It wouldn’t be the first time some in the Order fell to darkness.”

“True,” Carter answered. “But you have no proof, just baseless accusations. You haven’t even met the woman.”

“Even if she really is a human who survived a Horror possession, this means she probably isn’t the only one,” Drake replied. “Which means, we may have been killing humans who could have been freed.” Carter stood up from his seat. Drake groaned as he stood up as well. “Ugh. Well, we can pick this conversation up later, I suppose. Where are you headed, Carter?”

“Top floor,” he answered as he put his coat on. “Me and a team of Knights and Priests will be keeping watch from up high for anything that breaks through the barrier.”

“Well, Carter,” Drake began as he shook his hand. “It was nice meeting you. Good luck up there.”

“We’ll be fine, Drake,” Carter assured him. “It’s you who’s gonna need luck. Bodyguard duty can be rough.” Drake smiled and hiccuped before he could respond.

“Thanks for the concern,” Drake said. Everyone in the chamber had stood up and began to move towards the back of the hall to the different exit portals which took them to their assigned locations. Drake walked to the center portal and stepped through.

The instant Drake stepped through, he was brought outside the Senate Building. The building itself was massive, with at least 50 floors to it, protected by a barrier that kept it and the property around it both invisible and untouchable by anyone not invited inside. The front garden was covered in grass that was an unusually bright green when compared to normal grass. Many different bushes were carefully grown in the front of the building. There was a long, stone path that extended from the entrance of the building, out into the forest in front of it. 20 Makai Knights stood at attention in a line in front of the garden. Drake found a spot and joined them. He noticed more knights coming through portals on his left and right, finding spots in the line. When the portals stopped opening, Drake counted a total of 30 Knights, himself included, waiting for the Madou Train to arrive. Garm stepped through a portal in front of the line at the center facing the Knights, followed by two Makai Priests dressed in dark blue robes. They wielded large Madou Brushes that were at least as tall as they were. Drake guessed they were Garm’s bodyguards, though anyone who had ever seen a Watchdog in action knew the bodyguards were mostly for show and not much else. She looked at the Knights in front of her. She opened her mouth as though she was about to say something, but the sound of the Madou Train interrupted her. She closed it and turned her back to them to face the approaching train, her hands clasped behind her back.

The train could be seen flying in from Drake’s left. It began to dive through the clouds as it prepared to land near them. The train started to get close to the building. A stone path suddenly formed a couple hundred feet in front of Garm which served as a runway for the train to use to land. The train seemed to glide as it pulled into the runway, it’s wheels screeching as it slowed to a halt. The first car of the train pulled right in front of Garm.

After a few minutes, the side door opened, and Drake could see Amanda exit the train, followed by the human woman, Maya, and lastly, the Golden Knight, Jason. The three walked towards Garm. Amanda appeared to stay close to Maya and looked as though she were comforting her. Maya looked terrified as she stared at the Knights and at Garm, then at the enormous stone building in front of her. Drake could just barely hear Amanda telling Maya that “it’s gonna be alright” and “we’re gonna keep you safe”. The three stood in front of Garm. Amanda and Jason bowed their heads slightly, in respect. Garm did the same, which surprised Drake. As Drake had mentioned to Carter earlier, he had only heard a couple of stories about Garm, so he didn’t know too much about her. But one thing that seemed consistent through everything he had heard, was that Garm didn’t hold much respect for anyone other than her closest allies. Even some of the past Golden Knights didn’t seem to garner her attention much. Drake wondered what Jason had done to get such a reaction from her. Either way, he knew that he’d have to be careful of both of them. It seemed as though the more he observed, the more he disliked this new assignment he had been given.

Last edited by MakaiRanger99; August 12th, 2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old August 11th, 2018, 04:34 PM #38
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Chapter 4

In addition to the three passengers leaving the train, the conductor also disembarked and followed the passengers. Jason began to speak with Garm as she led them inside. The knights outside stood at attention and followed them in as they got closer to the building. They all walked in two single file lines behind them.

“Thanks for coming on such short notice, Garm,” Jason said.

“No thanks needed, Golden Knight,” she replied, without turning her head to look at him. “This is a unique case. We’re going to do everything we can to figure out what happened to this woman.” They entered the building now and headed toward the massive staircase in front of them.

“Her name is Maya,” Jason responded.

“It makes little difference,” Garm said.

“Not to me. I’d prefer it if you use her name when referring to her.”

“Why’s that?” Garm asked.

“A reminder that she’s not a thing, but a human being,” Jason answered. Garm stopped at the staircase and looked at Maya, then Jason.

“That is yet to be determined, but I’ll honor your request, for now.” They began to head up the stairs to the Gouki chamber. As they walked, Drake decided it would be a good time to introduce himself. Drake broke the line formation and hurried to the front to meet Jason. Drake passed Amanda and Maya. Amanda remained silent as she kept her arms around Maya’s shoulders for comfort. Maya had a slight hunch forward and was still shaking as she climbed the stairs.

“Hello,” Drake said as he caught up to him. Jason turned his head. Drake extended his hand to Jason.

“I’m Drake,” he said. They stopped climbing for a second and the two shook hands. Then they continued to climb. “I’m the Sapphire Knight, Azuras. I’ve been assigned to be part of your security detail for the duration of your stay.”

“I’m Jason,” Jason replied. “Nice to meet you, Drake. I look forward to working with you.”

The group arrived on the fourth floor of the Senate building and reached a large marble walkway. The walkway extended about a thousand feet both to the left and right of the staircase. Garm led them to the right until they reached the Gouki chamber. There were two stone doors with steel rings for handles. The doors themselves were about 15 feet tall and 6 feet wide each. Garm pulled on the rings to open the doors.

As the doors opened, the lanterns hanging on the sides of the walls became instantly lit with blue flames. The chamber itself wasn’t too big, with enough room for about 10 people. The ceiling was made of obsidian with several lanterns hanging from it to provide light to the room. The walls were gray, and the blue flames from the lanterns showed some ancient writing in the Makai Language engraved on to the walls, as though this chamber had existed for thousands of years. A stone slab the size of a single bed sat in the center of the chamber, with wooden chairs in rows next to it. In addition, a marble desk could be seen to the right of the slab, with many Madou tools arranged on it.

Garm entered the chamber, followed by her two bodyguards, then Jason, Amanda, Maya, Drake, and two other knights entered the chamber. The stone doors shut automatically after the other two knights entered the chamber. The rest of the knights remained outside the entrance, standing guard. Some left the area due to the other duties they had around the senate. This left 10 Knights guarding the entrance. Garm turned around and walked to Amanda and Maya.

“Maya,” she began. “My name is Garm. I am in charge around here. For the duration of your stay, I expect you to follow my commands until we can ensure that whatever happened to you won’t happen again. Do you understand?”

“Yea,” she said as she nodded, shaking a little less now. “You’re the boss.”

“Ok,” Garm replied. “As you can see, you will have plenty of protection for the time being. So there is nothing to fear. Right now, I need you to have a seat on the stone slab while we wait for the professor.” Maya walked to the stone slab and sat on it, her legs, hanging off the side. It was cold, as though no one had touched it in hundreds of years.

“Alright,” Amanda said. “I’ll go get her.” Before she could leave, there was a knock at the door. One of the doors opened slightly and one of the guards poked his head through.

“Excuse me, Madam Garm?” He said. “The professor is here.”

“Send her in,” Garm ordered. The knight nodded and the doors opened. An elderly hispanic woman entered. She was very short, almost as short as Garm. She wore dark red robes and brown pants. She carried what looked like a suitcase which Drake guessed had more Madou tools inside.

“Good evening everyone,” she said in a raspy voice. Garm smiled.

“This is Makai Priestess, Gemma Rodriguez,” Garm told the group. “One of my closest friends. I trust no one else to do a better job than her. She has studied both human and Horror physiology over the years. There is no one more qualified to help Maya today.” Then, Garm began to head back to the entrance with her bodyguards. “I’ll check back with you all later. Now, I need to speak to the other Watchdogs here. Good luck, Gemma.” Gemma nodded and Garm left the chamber.

“Ok, Maya,” Gemma said as she placed her case on the desk next to the slab. “For us to begin the examination, I need you to lie down on your back.” Maya did so, the cold stone slab sending shivers down her spine. Jason and Amanda remained close to the slab. Drake stood a foot behind the desk. He had his daggers in hands, ready to defend against any outside threats.

He was alert, but relaxed, with the alcohol worn off and the headache of a small hangover starting to kick in. It may have seemed unbelievable to normal people not part of the Makai Order, but one of the stranger side effects of using Soul Metal meant that it became difficult for a Makai Knight to get drunk and stay drunk for long. For Drake, the Bargnian scotch he had hours earlier had already worn off as though it were the next day.

“I can tell you’re nervous, my friend,” Gemma said as she reached into her bag and pulled out what appeared to be a large lens about the size of her palm. She turned to Maya and began looking through the lens with one eye at Maya’s body. Maya lifted her head to see what the old Makai Priestess was doing. “All I can say is to just pretend you’re at the doctor’s office. These first tests should be relatively painless tonight.” The lens was designed to highlight any other-worldly abnormalities existing on the skin that would normally be invisible to the naked eye. But after a thorough scan, nothing could be seen.

“Well, nothing unusual about your skin. Except that you might want to get this mole on your arm looked at once you get out of here,” Gemma noted. She turned the lens like a dial and the color of the glass on the lens changed to a bluish tint. “Now, let’s inspect at a closer level.”

The tests that followed took a few hours to run. Maya’s entire body was inspected for any sort of abnormalities, but so far, none could be seen. This made Jason hopeful and nervous at the same time. He was hopeful because if she was fully human, perhaps there were others as well. But it made him nervous because if that were the case, there was an excellent chance he had killed some before and never knew.

Drake had been standing guard for a few hours and realized he needed to use the restroom. He removed his Madou Tool from around his waist and put Quavora on the desk next to Gemma’s tools.

“Where are you going?” Gemma asked, not looking at him as she continued to wave her brush over Maya’s body, the bristles glowing a faint red. The brush was checking Maya’s soul now for anything that might have been implanted without her knowledge.

“Restroom,” he replied. “I don’t bring her with me for obvious reasons.”

“Of course,” Gemma said. She waved her hand, dismissing him. “Go.” He bowed his head and walked out of the room. After a couple of minutes of waving the brush over Maya’s body, suddenly the bristles began to glow brighter. “Hmm?” Gemma wondered out loud. The bristles glowed brighter over Maya’s left shoulder, then would lose their glow as the brush moved away from it.

“What is it?” Amanda asked, taking a step forward towards Gemma.

“There is something in her left shoulder that’s giving off an unusual aura,” Gemma said.

“What does that mean?” Maya asked as she remained laying on the slab.

“It could be nothing,” Gemma responded. “Or it could be something important.” Gemma put her brush back on the desk next to Quavora. Then, she grabbed the same lens from earlier and adjusted the setting on the lens to view Maya’s body at the spiritual level. She brought the lens over Maya’s left shoulder and looked. Sure enough, a small, round object could be seen attached to Maya’s soul.

“Well, we have something,” Gemma began. “A small, spherical object that should not be there. It looks like a seed or something. And there appear to be small roots growing from it.”

“Can you get it out?” Amanda asked.

“Shouldn’t be a problem,” Gemma said as she put her lens back on the table and grabbed a smaller Madou Brush from her case.

“Be careful,” Quavora commented. “There’s no telling what could happen once you start digging that deep into a person’s soul.”

“If you can,” Jason began, “Try and keep the seed intact. This way we can study it.”

“I’ll do my best, Golden Knight,” Gemma replied as she held up her brush to the candle light, inspecting it for any imperfections. Then, she shook the brush with both hands two times, and the brush began to glow green.
“Maya,” Gemma said. “This may hurt a bit, but I need you to try to stay as still as possible.” Maya nodded, and did her best to grip the slab with both hands on either side of her, bracing herself. Gemma held the brush with one hand and her lens with the other. She held the lens over Maya’s shoulder so she could see where the seed was. Gemma pushed the bristles gently onto Maya’s left shoulder. The instant the bristles touched, Maya began to scream. It felt as though she was being branded on her shoulder. Gemma pushed deeper, and the pain got worse. She could see her brush getting closer to the seed. But before it could touch the seed, Maya’s screams became less human and sounded more like a Horror’s scream.

“Jason!” Zaruba yelled “Look out!” Maya sat up and grabbed Gemma by the throat with one hand, lifting her easily. Before Jason, Amanda, and the other guards could stop her, Maya let out a roar and threw Gemma into the desk, her body landing on top of Quavora. Jason and Amanda grabbed her by the arms and forced her back down to the slab. Maya was still howling like a beast and now she squirmed around in their grip. The other two knights rushed over to Gemma to check on her. Gemma sat up, coughing.

It was at this point that the doors opened and Drake came rushing inside with a couple of the other knights standing guard outside the chamber. Maya’s inhuman screams began to subside as she suddenly passed out. Drake looked in horror at her, then he turned to see Gemma being helped off of the desk she was thrown onto.

“No…” Drake whispered. He rushed over to the desk. Quavora was now in pieces on the desk where Gemma was thrown. He picked up what remained of her face and held it in his two hands. The face that resembled a silver skull now looked as though the entire left side of it was missing; broken off when Gemma landed on top of her. “Quavora…” He called to her, shaking her. “Quavora!” But there was no response.

Last edited by MakaiRanger99; August 12th, 2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old August 11th, 2018, 04:36 PM #39
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

Chapter 5

Drake was now holding Quavora’s remains up to his forehead in frustration. Then he put them back on the desk.

“What happened here?” Drake asked as he turned to Gemma. “I was only gone for a couple of minutes!” Gemma was still coughing, but not as badly this time as she began to answer Drake.

“We discovered a…*COUGH*...seed in Maya’s shoulder,” Gemma began. “When I tried to take it out, Maya seemed to…*COUGH*...change. She grabbed me by the throat and threw me into the desk where you had placed your Madou Tool.”

“Her name is--was--Quavora,” Drake corrected, as he hung his head. Jason had a flashback of when he lost his first Madou Tool, Kotraba, back before he held the title of Garo and before he knew Zaruba. He knew how Drake felt. He wasn’t sure if any Makai Priest would ever understand the bond a Makai Knight shared with his Madou Tool. Drake then lifted his head and looked at Maya, now unconscious on the slab. Jason saw the pure hatred in Drake’s eyes. He recognized that murderous look.

“Hey, Drake,” Jason began looking at Maya, then him. “Hold on just a second.” But it was too late, Drake charged towards the slab, pushing past Jason. Drake drew his daggers and tried to stab Maya in the throat, but his hands stopped a few inches away from her. He pushed for a second before realizing what had happened. He looked to his right to see that Amanda had her Madou Brush out and had restrained him with some kind of spell. He stepped back and the spell subsided.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Drake shouted. Amanda held her brush pointed at him.

“I was about to ask you the same thing,” Amanda replied.

“I’m doing my job as a Makai Knight,” Drake said. “The Senate wanted to see if this woman really was human or not. They got their answer.”

“We don’t…*COUGH*...know anything yet!” Gemma said as she was helped to her feet by the other two knights.

“Are you serious?” Drake asked. Then he pointed one of his daggers at Maya as he spoke. “That thing just tried to kill you! And it killed my best friend!”

“Drake!” Jason yelled. Drake looked at him, still furious. Jason now had his Garo Ken drawn and held in a defensive stance. “Stand down. Believe me, I know what you’re going through. But Gemma is right, we still don’t know exactly what happened. Besides, there’s still a chance we can fix Quavora.”

Drake held his daggers up in front of him, ready for a fight. “Whether you can fix her or not, that isn’t the issue. The issue is that I was about to seal a Horror away and you all are standing in my way. What? You need it to kill someone else before you take action?” As Drake asked this, he threw one of his daggers at Maya. Jason stepped in front of the dagger just in time to bat it away with his Garo Ken. The dagger went flying into the air towards the ceiling. Drake jumped into the air, did a front flip, and grabbed the dagger in mid air, landing behind Jason. As he landed, he tried yet again to stab Maya but Jason turned around and blocked the attack just in time. He held his sword against Drake’s dagger. Drake was about to use his other dagger to try to stab her, before Jason kicked him in the chest knocking him back against the wall.

“Enough!” Jason shouted at him. “If you have a problem with this, take it up with the Watchdogs. But this is the way it is right now!” Drake let out a short laugh upon hearing this as he leaned against the wall. He pushed himself upright from the wall and held his daggers up yet again, this time in a back-handed grip.

“Ha! That’s the problem with the Makai Order,” he began. “Everyone here is reactive, waiting for things to go wrong before taking action. We need to be more proactive! Don’t you see that?”

“What are you talking about?” Jason asked, his blade held in front of him, slowly moving to put himself between Maya. As he did this, he telepathically communicated with Zaruba.

Zaruba, tell Garm we’ve got a rogue Makai Knight in here trying to kill Maya! Jason told him.

Understood. I’m contacting her now. Zaruba responded.

“You know,” Drake began as he began to sidestep slowly around the room. “Earlier today, I could have stopped a Horror from committing one of the worst atrocities in this community. Before she became a Horror, Margaret Richards had already killed so many! But I couldn’t do anything about it because there was no evidence of a Horror’s involvement. I had to let them all die. If we didn’t have these antiquated laws stopping us from doing what needs to be done, I could have saved everyone! I could have been a hero! But instead, I’m just a Makai Knight.” He hung his head in shame for a second as he said this. Then he lifted his head up and looked at Maya. “But no more.”
He dragged his daggers on the wooden floor and used them to draw a halo of blue light on the ground. The light from the portal that was created shone upwards from below him. The Sapphire Armor flew up around him, then attached to his body, his wolf-like helmet equipping last. His daggers didn’t change much in size, but their form was much heavier, with electricity radiating off of them as he held them. Each dagger was now blue, black, and silver, and had a red circle on each dagger with a green square in the center; the symbol of the Sapphire Knight. The blue armor that attached to his body looked almost like glass, though many scratches could be seen around the chest and legs; a testament to how many battles Azuras had been in.

“A real hero rarely tries to be one,” Jason told him. “They do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.” Then, Jason lifted his sword and drew his own portal above him, summoning the Golden Armor. The portal opened and the Golden Armor flew down and attached to his body. Since it had been some time since he last summoned his armor, the timer had almost completely reset itself, showing 85.3 seconds remaining. Still, he was at a disadvantage against Azuras, since he had to assume Azuras had more time to use his armor than he did. Garo returned to his defensive position with his sword held in front of him, back straight, and both feet on the floor planted slightly wider than his shoulders. Azuras was crouched in a low fighting stance with his legs spread wide, his head slightly hunched forward and his daggers in both hands close to him.

“Gemma,” Garo said as the other knights entered the room. “Get everyone out of here. Amanda and I will handle this.” Amanda looked at him, surprised she wasn’t ordered to leave too. Then she walked next to Garo and readied herself in a fighting stance at his right, her brush held with one hand in front of her, the bristles pointed at Azuras. Gemma grabbed her case, and the rest of the knights grabbed Maya to carry her out of the chamber.

“Really?” Azuras began. “This is what it’s come to? You’re protecting a Horror!” Azuras ran forward and jumped into the air, corkscrewing and landing right in front of Garo and Amanda. He jabbed the dagger in his left hand at Garo and slashed the other at Amanda’s face. Amanda blocked his attack with her brush, the brush lighting up with enough energy to defend against soul metal. Garo missed his block and the dagger stabbed right into his right shoulder. Azuras removed the blade, blood splashing outwards as he did so and side kicked Garo in the face of his helmet. Garo back into the stone slab, holding his shoulder. Next, Azuras focused his attention on Amanda, swinging his daggers wildly as he tried to cut and stab her. Amanda had to be careful not to touch Azuras’ armor. She blocked a few of the strikes, then she ducked and used the energy stored in her brush and fired it at Azuras’ left leg. The blast pierced the Soul Metal and his calf. Azuras dropped to one knee from the pain.

Only a few seconds had passed between when Garo was kicked to when Amanda shot Azuras in the leg. Garo did his best to ignore the pain in his left shoulder and ran towards Azuras. He swung his Garo Ken at Azuras’ face, and Amanda tried to use the energy in her brush to stab through Azuras’ chest. Azuras raised one dagger to block Garo’s sword and in one quick motion, dropped his other dagger, and caught Amanda by the hand, the brush just missing his chest.

“AAAAAHHHH!” Amanda screamed as the Soul Metal burned her hand. She fell to her knees in pain.

“Amanda!” Garo yelled, still pushing his blade closer to Azuras’ helmet. Azuras threw Amanda’s arm into Garo’s leg. Despite the pain she was in, she did not release the brush, and the energy built up in the brush was expelled and hit Garo in his left foot. Garo loosened his grip on his sword when the blast hit him in the foot. He did his best to keep the sword pressed against Azuras’ dagger, but Azuras was stronger at this point, and pushed the blade up enough for him to roll backwards away from the two warriors.

“ENOUGH!” The voice boomed through the hall. Suddenly, a portal appeared on the ceiling and both Garo’s and Azuras’ armor was forcibly removed and sent back to the Makai. Jason turned his head at the doorway to see Garm enter the room. She extended her left palm outward, and green and pink tendrils of energy extended out of her palm and wrapped around Drake. The force of the tendrils shooting out of Garm’s hand sent him flying back into the wall behind him. Drake tried to use his daggers to cut through the tendrils, but he could barely move his arms. Suddenly, he felt extremely tired. He realized too late that the tendrils were sucking his energy from him. Soon, he passed out from the lack of energy. The tendrils disappeared and Drake fell face-first to the floor, unconscious.

Jason helped Amanda off the floor and the two of them limped to Garm. Garm stood near the entrance, her guards at attention behind her. She lifted her hand and motioned it towards Drake. The guards bowed their heads and rushed over to where Drake had fell. One of them had special handcuffs made from Soul Metal and used them to restrain Drake’s hands in front of him. They lifted him under his arms and pulled him out of the room, his feet dragging on the floor as they did so.

“Are you two alright?” Garm asked. Jason and Amanda had their arms around each other’s shoulders as they limped to her.

“We are now,” Jason said. “Guess this makes us even,”
“If that is your wish, Golden Knight,” Garm responded. Amanda lifted her head up. The pain from her burnt hand had almost caused her to faint, but her strength had been enough to remain conscious.

“Where’s Maya?” Amanda asked.

“After I got Zaruba’s message, I rushed over here as fast as I could,” Garm began. “I saw Gemma and the others taking Maya down the hallway to the lab upstairs. We can meet up with them after you two get fixed up.” Garm led them back to the stone slab and they sat down where Maya had been laying earlier. Garm summoned various Madou Tools to be used for healing and began examining the both of them.

“What about Drake?” Jason asked. Garm picked up a glass vial and handed it to Jason. Jason drank the clear liquid inside. Then, he took out his Madou Lighter and ignited it. He placed his hand in the green flame. Normally, this would be extremely painful, but the substance he just ingested allowed him to freely touch the flame and access its healing properties. Then, with his hand ablaze, he touched his injured shoulder, and the flame healed his wound.

“The Sapphire Knight will be held in custody for now, until we can investigate this matter further,” Garm stated. “If it has been determined that he has fallen to darkness, he will be executed.”

END EPISODE 3

Last edited by MakaiRanger99; August 12th, 2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old August 11th, 2018, 04:37 PM #40
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

It has been a few days since our arrival at the Senate. However, a Horror has appeared with the power to manipulate time! In addition to this, it would appear the day of promise approaches for Jason. Next time: Moon. I am your partner, Jason. But, do not forget our agreement!