Home Menu

Menu

Old May 8th, 2019, 11:55 AM #21
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Well with vinyl back in people's mind, maybe a cassette themed Rider wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Though suddenly I imagine assist bots similar to Soundwave from Transformers.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 12:26 PM #22
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Another flying KR would be awesome to see again.
Sevenlima is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 12:31 PM #23
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

A Kamen Rider kind similar of Elite Team !!!
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 12:32 PM #24
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Timeline15 wrote: View Post

The "usual rider" these days is younger than pretty much any version of Peter Parker
No, not really. The younger ones recently have been Takeru and Sougo. Otherwise they tend to be early 20's or even sometimes mid 20's like Sento was.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 12:40 PM #25
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Music theme riders would work great. Think of it as they find or are given an outdated belt. So the first rider is using cassette tapes. So music would play a part to it. The cassette powers it. Limited to while the music is playing meaning while the suit is on without the playing music you're just a weakling. The riders progress to cd's gives them more powers and more music to work with. Finally digital unlimited power. So many different forms so much you can play with. Weapons as instruments again. It really does lend itself to be explored for a lot of toys. Hell think of the fact you can sell toys for past riders that play their theme song. Possibly even giving them season theme instruments weapons. It would also be the 15th anniversary to Hibiki.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 01:00 PM #26
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Hell think of the fact you can sell toys for past riders that play their theme song. Possibly even giving them season theme instruments weapons.
Think even bigger than that.

Avex could legitimately remix that series' own theme song with different instrumentals highlighting each Rider's primary instrument. Imagine if Hibiki had done "Kagayaki drum edit", "Kagayaki trumpet edit", "Kagayaki electric guitar edit", "Kagayaki harp edit"...
Old May 8th, 2019, 02:29 PM #27
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

dude, an idol rider series could be a great way to introduce new people to the kamen rider franchise. especially to start off the new era of reiwa. with anime such as love live and idols like akb48 being massively popular, it would be a no brainier to tap into that market. maybe even with the first female lead in rider!
FlameDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 02:34 PM #28
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Since this will be the First Kamen Rider season of New Era, honest i really sounds interesthing the future themes for this franchise
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 03:06 PM #29
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

FlameDragon wrote: View Post

dude, an idol rider series could be a great way to introduce new people to the kamen rider franchise. especially to start off the new era of reiwa. with anime such as love live and idols like akb48 being massively popular, it would be a no brainier to tap into that market. maybe even with the first female lead in rider!
Eh, if they want to do anything amazing like that, may as well wait until the Rider after this. They'll be the one during the 50th so doing something revolutionary then would be better.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 03:35 PM #30
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

FlameDragon wrote: View Post

maybe even with the first female lead in rider!
Can we get a women Kamen Rider that reaches the level of tertiary and secondary first before diving right into main?
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 03:43 PM #31
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

I just had a thought that music riders would just cause me to have headaches.

The barrage of noise from loud musical queues. Itís worse with more than 2 rider

Geiz! Zi-O! Woz!

If itís music themed Iím interested in the world building setup

Rival music companies promoting their pop singer Kamen rider

Each rider would be competing to be the best while thereís a sinister plot brewing

Imagine a hard rock rider or form

Or a classical music themed rider or form like Beethoven in Ghost
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 03:59 PM #32
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

I just had a thought that music riders would just cause me to have headaches.

The barrage of noise from loud musical queues. Itís worse with more than 2 rider
Not if it's hot sauce like what Woz's belt plays.
Old May 8th, 2019, 04:05 PM #33
> lightning
Power Ranger

lightning
Power Ranger

so this is the first rider for the new era.
I would love to see a female second rider
lightning is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2019, 04:58 PM #34
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

No, not really. The younger ones recently have been Takeru and Sougo. Otherwise they tend to be early 20's or even sometimes mid 20's like Sento was.
I agree. In the last 10 years we've had:

Shotaro (no age given; early to mid 20s) and Philip (17)
Eiji (21)
Gentaro (17)
Haruto (22)
Kouta (20, later 21)
Shinnosuke (23, later 24)
Takeru (18)
Emu (24)
Sento (26)
Sougo (18, later 19)

So we've had four teenage leads (one of whom shared the position with an older guy) and of those, only one had any focus on his being in high school- we only saw Sougo attend for a couple of episodes and now he's graduated. Plus Fourze was a while ago, so yeah, there'd be space for a younger teen Rider
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 01:34 AM #35
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

what could be the gimmick? i know the OP mentioned CDs being a possibility. but since we live in a digital age, those aren't use as often as back in the day. but you know what has been surfacing?

Earpods for the gimmick?
FlameDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 02:13 AM #36
> bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

My word, is it that time of year already?

I'm always extremely reluctant to put any stock in the very first rumours we get, though I would totally be on board for a music/Walkman themed Rider. If these "speakers" turned out to be some sort of add-on device, and of course the sounds come straight out of them, that's a level of immersion that I can get behind.

Dukemon wrote: View Post

We had Deadpool 2 as a hint last year...
But what about Zi-O is actually Deadpool-ish? Because I genuinely can't see the connection on that one.

Ataruman wrote: View Post

And Spider-Man...seriously, if they do a spider-Rider as the last Rider prior to the 50th anniversary in 2021, I would flip. The whole franchise will have come full circle.
And if they don't actually call him "Spider Rider", I would be extremely disappointed!

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Can we get a women Kamen Rider that reaches the level of tertiary and secondary first before diving right into main?
I would actually argue that Marika already fulfilled the tertiary requirement. She certainly seemed to get more focus than any female Rider who came before her. Poppy as well.

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Rival music studios with a 2nd rider who is company sponsored with backup dancers
*GASP* OMG, yes! The backup dancers could even be our Rider-like foot soldiers. Even if there's no actual female Rider, the dancer soldiers could be females - that would be something different.

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Avex could legitimately remix that series' own theme song with different instrumentals highlighting each Rider's primary instrument. Imagine if Hibiki had done "Kagayaki drum edit", "Kagayaki trumpet edit", "Kagayaki electric guitar edit", "Kagayaki harp edit"...
They essentially already did. "Kagayaki" had multiple versions, some of which were definitely evocative of particular Riders, like using a trumpet for Ibuki or a guitar for Todoroki. I would love to see them do something like that again.

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Music theme riders would work great. Think of it as they find or are given an outdated belt. So the first rider is using cassette tapes. So music would play a part to it. The cassette powers it. Limited to while the music is playing meaning while the suit is on without the playing music you're just a weakling. The riders progress to cd's gives them more powers and more music to work with. Finally digital unlimited power. So many different forms so much you can play with. Weapons as instruments again. It really does lend itself to be explored for a lot of toys. Hell think of the fact you can sell toys for past riders that play their theme song. Possibly even giving them season theme instruments weapons. It would also be the 15th anniversary to Hibiki.
I like the sound of all of this. Just imagine it: the cassette Rider's powers get interrupted when the belt chews up his tape! The CD Rider quickly skips between different tracks for varied attacks, the digital Rider just downloads new powers on the fly... As a certain George would say, the possibilities are endless!

Ö bloody hell, if we don't get it, I think I might be tempted to write it myself!

Last edited by bushwacka666; May 9th, 2019 at 02:19 AM.
bushwacka666 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 02:39 AM #37
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

bushwacka666 wrote: View Post

But what about Zi-O is actually Deadpool-ish? Because I genuinely can't see the connection on that one.
Maybe time travel? I mean, Deadpool 2 did use Cable and Time Travel along with him
Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 03:08 AM #38
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

I think Deadpool 2 probably worked well with Zi-O's explanation: Cable went back in time to prevent a boy from becoming a major evil in the future...and that's basically what the whole point of the Time Jackers are/were in stopping Sougo from becoming Oma Zi-O.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 05:31 AM #39
> saintnova
Power Ranger

saintnova
Power Ranger

i honestly think toei is going back to there rejected rider ideas like shinobi . there was a rumor for a music rider who danced but what we got was gaim with the dance groups the link for the rumor of course is years old at this point http://www.jefusion.com/2013/06/kame...ing-rider.html
but if toei is actually going back to their rumors and making them rider shows expect to see a dragon rider with egg gimmicks , a king rider and a painter
saintnova is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 08:05 AM #40
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

bushwacka666 wrote: View Post

I think it might have been the fourth wall breaking .5 episodes
maslego is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote