Home Menu

Menu

Old March 25th, 2018, 01:52 AM #81
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

Man, I was facing a guy today, DT Black. Hit me with his breaker, then cyclone attack, then powered up to super dino mode and unleashed another cyclone and I think either striker or breaker, honestly can't remember I was just being pummeled. So does super mode instantly refill your energy or something? Cause seriously, there was no real breaks between those attacks. And I mean I at least seem to take forever to not just get energy starting to refill, not to mention just being allowed to use moves. So for him to unleash all those attacks just...what the hell.
Super Dino Mode gives him instant +3 energy and reduces all his attack costs by 1 EP each. It's not a full refill, but it does let him string together 4-5 attacks together with relative ease which is absolutely brutal. But it's balanced by his garbage damage output outside Super Dino Mode.

Then after that I fought a Zhane, who after nailing me with a striker unleashed three Green Ranger assists in a row. I just can't believe there was enough time between his striker and the rapid assist launching, to generate the energy needed since the assists would've cost 9 total. Ugh.
This isn't possible for Zhane because the combo branching on his launcher is so late. The closest similar combo I found was using Movie Jason assist, you can launch>Jason>Jason>launch for a 12 EP combo. Nothing like that with Tommy assist though.

Some other characters can pull off some pretty funky EP shenanigans if you know how the EP timer works though. The key is knowing how to get the gauge to start recharging when you want it to, and never trigger that second cooldown timer unless you're absolutely sure it's worth it. It's tough to explain without a video guide, but...

When you first use an attack, the cooldown timer fully fills and then slowly drains back down to zero. Once it hits zero, your EP will start recharging as soon as the current combo (and branching period) ends. Then the next time you attack, the timer refills and begins draining again. However, the way combos work is that if your first attack finishes and you start a second attack while the timer is still draining, the second attack will NOT reset the timer, and your timer will instead just stay drained until the second attack is done. By avoiding this second cooldown timer, you allow your EP to begin recharging sooner, so you can either extend your combo with another attack, or have more EP saved for when your opponent retaliates. Finally, many attacks take a long time to actually end, so it takes a while before your EP actually starts charging again. However, some of these attacks can be canceled into a forward dash to cancel the attack animation early and make your EP start recharging sooner.

The key to manipulating this is to use certain launchers as that second attack, and to dash cancel out of the launcher to get the extra EP recharging. The easiest example is Kendrix with Movie Zack assist. Your bread and butter combo should be Zack > Saber Riser > Saber Riser. It costs 12 EP, which should make it impossible, but you can make it work with a few tricks. Once Zack hits, dash forward so you're in range for Saber Riser. Wait until the opponent bounces (and your reset timer is almost BUT NOT QUITE empty), then use Saber Riser to relaunch. If you timed it right, the cooldown timer will NOT refill itself and will just stay empty. Now, if you stand still after the Saber Riser, your EP gauge will not start refilling until the enemy lands. However, if you cancel the last hit of Saber Riser into a forward dash, your EP will begin recharging the instant the last hit connects, and your 2 EP will become 4 just in time to use a second Saber Riser for massive damage.

Now, the rules get a little more twisted when you add blocks into the mix. The above combo only works if you hit with Zack when you have full energy and no cooldown timer. But Zack is slow and hard to land without setup. More often than not, you'll be blocking an opponent's strike and punishing with Zack... But if you do that, your initial block begins the cooldown timer, Zack launches them, but the cooldown timer hits zero before they fall low enough to hit with Saber Riser, so Saber Riser causes a second cooldown and your EP doesn't recharge anymore. The trick? Don't let that second cooldown trigger! You block and punish with Zack, then use Saber Riser right before the cooldown timer hits zero no matter what. You'll whiff the first hit, but what matters is that because you began the attack before the cooldown timer hit zero, you can dash cancel to regain EP as soon as the final hit connects. Then you're free to extend your combo with another attack, or just hold on to the extra EP.

Kendrix's Saber Riser isn't the only attack in the game this works with obviously. Movie Zack assist can also be dash canceled to begin recharging EP early if he's attacking as the cooldown gauge hits zero, which can help literally every character. Magna Defender is another one; Valiant Combo and Noble Blow can BOTH be used this way, so if you time it juuuuust right you can pull off silly shit like VC>NB>VC>NB which is 14 EP and completely unfair, but it works. There's lots of others, I'm not gonna bother listing everything.

Curiously, Zhane's Silverizer Slash cannot be dash canceled, which makes these "extended" combos impossible with Zhane. Ironically this kind of makes Zhane more effective in a way; since his bread-and-butter combo (launch>breaker) only costs 8 EP instead of 10, he basically never runs out of EP so he can always counter your attacks.

As a final note, I mentioned holding onto extra EP using this method. In some matchups, you really want that extra EP after finishing a combo so you don't eat a revenge breaker. I mean, we've all been in that situation where you just unload a massive combo against Green v2 using all your energy... then he rushes full-screen with a double breaker and there's nothing you can do about it and suddenly oops he's winning again. Well, knowing how to avoid that second cooldown timer is how you avoid eating 5000 damage from revenge breakers.
DaybreakRachel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:35 AM #82
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

You're making it out to be more than it is. It really isn't any different than any other app game paying to advance. All those 'build a base and invade others' games are no different. Sure, you can sit around waiting for buildings and troops to be made, or you can drop money to speed things up so you can build up a better base faster. And if you don't, you can still do the same thing just takes longer.

As Daybreak said, the people who're paying to get the currency to level their characters faster are not really going to be in the same league, so you really don't need to worry about it.
Who are you playing against in those games? Is it a live 1 vs 1 game where the difference between winning is how fast your buildings build? I can spend $5 to speed up a better base to defeat you who isnít spending money?

Maybe someone can explain how the matching works. Iíve still been on a winning streak however when I come up against Udonna or Fanfilm!Tommy with some rhino character and Ninjor I wonder how much money that player spent in compared to my ď0Ē.
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:49 AM #83
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

hasso_opitz wrote: View Post

Who are you playing against in those games? Is it a live 1 vs 1 game where the difference between winning is how fast your buildings build? I can spend $5 to speed up a better base to defeat you who isnít spending money?

Maybe someone can explain how the matching works. Iíve still been on a winning streak however when I come up against Udonna or Fanfilm!Tommy with some rhino character and Ninjor I wonder how much money that player spent in compared to my ď0Ē.
Matching is based on medals. The real big spenders are all at the top of the ladder fighting each other with 6000+ medals. You're not going to be facing many of them below the Gold and Elite leagues.

If you're matched with someone it's because, ostensibly, they're around the same level as you. There are definitely issues with their matchmaking but like I said, below Gold and Elite, you're definitely not going to be running into a lot of issues with pay-to-win.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 07:25 AM #84
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

DaybreakRachel wrote: View Post

Super Dino Mode gives him instant +3 energy and reduces all his attack costs by 1 EP each. It's not a full refill, but it does let him string together 4-5 attacks together with relative ease which is absolutely brutal. But it's balanced by his garbage damage output outside Super Dino Mode.

This isn't possible for Zhane because the combo branching on his launcher is so late. The closest similar combo I found was using Movie Jason assist, you can launch>Jason>Jason>launch for a 12 EP combo. Nothing like that with Tommy assist though.
Well at least that explains DT Black, I forgot SDM reduces his cost by one, but the instant 3 energy was also likely the culprit. Annoying as hell though, but at least it makes sense. Yeah, don't know with Zhane unless it was some weird lag glitch but there didn't seem to be any going on so just no idea how he was able to pull off the triple assist so quickly, but whatever I guess.

Haven't actually played any of those games in forever, just was using them as an example. Cause if you got a shit base because you're slowly building everything, someone who shells out the money to instantly build stuff can easily come in and kick your ass. But maybe you haven't played those games. No, they're not usually live 1 on 1 battles but that doesn't matter. My point was just to point out that there are other app games where you can pay to get ahead. That's how most app games work; buying currency so you can pay for instant gratification instead of wait for the slow gratification. Legacy Wars is no different. But Riffranger also explained how the matchmaking works, so again even with people spending money to boost their characters quicker, they're very unlikely going to be at your level so you don't have to worry about it.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 09:15 AM #85
> Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Dude, spending cash to get resources to unlock and level up characters faster has always been a thing in mobile games. Even without paying you'll eventually become strong enough to get into at least league 10. Maybe the problem here is that you've progressed faster than you should have and are now facing people with way higher stats than before?

Also, fanfilm tommy is a great name for V2 haha.

EDIT: Daybreak's explanation of how the energy timer works should be mandatory reading for this game.
Doritoscoper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 10:11 AM #86
> mrgamer123
Yellow Shinkenger Power!

mrgamer123
Yellow Shinkenger Power!

DaybreakRachel wrote: View Post

Some other characters can pull off some pretty funky EP shenanigans if you know how the EP timer works though. The key is knowing how to get the gauge to start recharging when you want it to, and never trigger that second cooldown timer unless you're absolutely sure it's worth it.
I take full advantage of this when playing as Kendall. That's what I love about her sweep strike. The cooldown timer will practically be gone by the time the move is finished. So I can usually go ham with an MMPR Kim assist or MMPR Rita assist or even a plesio slide.

Now they just need to reduce bayonet slasher to 3, plesio slide to 2, and reverse blast to 4.

Sorry I haven't been active. I haven't really had time to play due to life issues. But I promise I'll start donating when I can.
mrgamer123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 03:14 PM #87
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

Doritoscoper wrote: View Post

Dude, spending cash to get resources to unlock and level up characters faster has always been a thing in mobile games. Even without paying you'll eventually become strong enough to get into at least league 10. Maybe the problem here is that you've progressed faster than you should have and are now facing people with way higher stats than before?

Also, fanfilm tommy is a great name for V2 haha.

EDIT: Daybreak's explanation of how the energy timer works should be mandatory reading for this game.
I said 1 vs 1 live battles. I said I know games where you pay to level up faster so I specified that Iíve never seen live battles that one can have an edge with cash. Fort building and My Little Pony, family guy and simpsons. Iíve never heard of a game where itís a live showdown between two people where one person has an advantage of money to an extend.

I know I am having some Ninjor issues but Iím learning to block him. But people need to quit dashing forward and backwards and hitting me into the sky then unleashing everything else at me.
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 04:40 PM #88
> Redspaceandros
Bring It On~

eBay
Redspaceandros
Bring It On~

eBay

Took a break, deleted my old account and came back having to do a new one. I spent like $50 on my new account but I think I'm just done. I remember why I hated this game. The system is so flawed. Never a game I played rewards or cushions you for fucking up. If their breaker tries to connect and you retaliate with your strike, then can instantly block meaning there's no real risk in using your breaker. The megazord part is fun, but my alliance is awful. No one's putting any work in but me and like 1 or 2 other people. Also, if you go off aggressively and "guess" wrong, you'll probably lose, meaning "turtle" style is still a problem. You'll get countered and then combo'd and then tilted. Zhane is too strong still. It also takes FOREVER to level up and I don't get a prize after every win. Plus, since the only real gameplay is PVP. I either have to stick with playing 1 or 2 mains cause everyone isn't buff enough. I WANT to like this game, but I get WAY too emotional because I either just suck or I'm sick of the game play.
Redspaceandros is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:04 PM #89
> GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay

RangerBoard has an open slot again.
GaoHunter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 07:12 PM #90
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

Man, I don't know who that Lord Zedd was I just fought, but holy shit, screw that guy. He did nothing but dash back and forth and make it impossible to hit him until I lost by a time out.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 07:47 PM #91
> GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay

Who were you using? Zedd has no strike cancels so he should be easy to block.
Old March 25th, 2018, 08:49 PM #92
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

GaoHunter wrote: View Post

Who were you using? Zedd has no strike cancels so he should be easy to block.
The problem was more that he was being a bouncy spaz that stayed out of attack range the whole match.
Old March 25th, 2018, 09:26 PM #93
> GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay

Still curious as to who you were using. If it was MMPR Rita he absolutely should do that. Nullifies her most damaging move.

And if theyíre doing that just corner them.
Old March 25th, 2018, 09:31 PM #94
> DrBravo2
Ionic Wonder

DrBravo2
Ionic Wonder

RangerBoard has an open slot again.
Who'd we lose?
DrBravo2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 09:46 PM #95
> GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay

Alamaxia up and left mid-event.

Two others are already on probation with zeroes for damage so expect theyíll be gone too soon.
Old March 25th, 2018, 10:53 PM #96
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

Still curious as to who you were using.
Lord Drakkon.

GaoHunter wrote:
And if theyíre doing that just corner them.
I would have (and in fact tried to), but all the other problems I experience on a regular basis (that I've mentioned previously) made it a little impossible to do so.
Old March 26th, 2018, 03:06 AM #97
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

How is it even possible to stay out of Drakkon's range? Two of his attacks cover 2/3 of the arena.
Old March 26th, 2018, 03:28 AM #98
> blurredlights
Completely Undone

blurredlights
Completely Undone

I absolutely hate getting paired up with a Drakkon user. It feels like all the attacks and blocks I make don't make any difference.

It's also possible that my internet connection is just lousy, or I'm the lousy player. But I can win against other rangers or villains. I have a 30-70 ratio of wins versus losses. It's just with Drakkon that I always lose.
blurredlights is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2018, 06:10 AM #99
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Alamaxia up and left mid-event.

Two others are already on probation with zeroes for damage so expect theyíll be gone too soon.
Definitely one because he has zero donations too. Likely an inactive player.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2018, 09:44 AM #100
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Drakkon can be frustrating because fighting him is just a series of coinflips. There's no way to predict if he'll dash cancel out of his strikes until it's too late, so you just have to guess. Drakkon does have a major weakness though- he has no way to deal with strikes himself. As an attacker with two breakers and a strike that's so slow it might as well be a breaker, he has no way to defend himself from fast strikes.

Tags
beetle blaster badass, chicken ranger, legacy wars, samurai beetle = ouch