Home Menu

Menu

Old March 24th, 2018, 05:03 PM #61
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

You clearly haven't played as those characters then, or against them very much. This game isn't so complex that it's hard to pick apart different characters' strengths and weaknesses, and to see that some characters have more than others.
DaybreakRachel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 05:31 PM #62
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

Anyone that says v2 is OP or broken has never used him. He's very, very good IF you know how to use him. He has serious flaws that are balanced by his low EP bitch kick and high-damage breaker. But no, everyone whines about the kick being too fast and too cheap, not realizing he'd be useless without it. You can't even combo out of it.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 05:37 PM #63
> SgtReed24
Power Ranger

SgtReed24
Power Ranger

lmfao, don't presume to tell me I haven't played against these characters. I've been playing since the beginning, just as you all have.

My posts are based on what I see. And the characters listed are just as bad whether you want to admit it or not.
SgtReed24 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 05:43 PM #64
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

SgtReed24 wrote: View Post

lmfao, don't presume to tell me I haven't played against these characters. I've been playing since the beginning, just as you all have.

My posts are based on what I see. And the characters listed are just as bad whether you want to admit it or not.
You're basing it off of facing these characters on the ladder and also having to deal with upgrades and talents. Any character can be broken with the right upgrades. The real test is in the challenges. Talents and upgrades go away. Everyone is auto-leveled and ostensibly equal. That is is when imbalances show through. No one who fought in the Score Attack challenges can say Zhane isn't imbalanced. He's not as bad as Preston, but he has baseline advantages that others can't compete with when everyone is playing on the same field.
Old March 24th, 2018, 05:53 PM #65
> SgtReed24
Power Ranger

SgtReed24
Power Ranger

It's also about the tools, moves, and what they rng cycle with.
SgtReed24 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 06:08 PM #66
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

If you don't understand the limitations characters have, you can't draw a complete conclusion about them.

Kendrix isn't even a top ten character in the game. I don't know if you've just never used her before, or if you just don't face any of the good characters at your rank, but either way you're missing a huge chunk of the picture.
Old March 24th, 2018, 06:17 PM #67
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

hasso_opitz wrote: View Post

So itís nothing new to pay to be better than players who donít have money to spend on this Rock Paper Scissors app?

Randomizing purchases is one thing but I can spend money to outfight others guaranteed? I never lost until hitting VI and all of a sudden someone runs at me, can somehow hit me 10 times and I die. Even if press the correct block early they still go through it.

It went from a time waster to not fun at all.

Edit: and just like that I have a good streak again. Take that, deep pockets!
Do you not play app games often? This one isn't any different when it comes to purchases. You can play the game just fine without spending money, it'll just take more time to level up your characters. Same as any other app game. But hey, not sure what else to say. And you can only pay to "outfight" your opponent in the sense that you can purchase currency to level up your characters. Doesn't give you extra attacks or anything, but can make your characters stronger sure, or more HP/Def. But that's it.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 07:36 PM #68
> J89890
VIP Rider

J89890
VIP Rider

Can someone explain to me the Paralysis as I call it in Megazord Battles, otherwise i like the regular battles a lot better.
J89890 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 07:44 PM #69
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

J89890 wrote: View Post

Can someone explain to me the Paralysis as I call it in Megazord Battles, otherwise i like the regular battles a lot better.
Megazord mode operates completely differently from warrior matches. The biggest mistake people make it expecting Megazords to behave the same way. There are no true blocks or counters. Everything does damage. Countering only mitigates it, it doesn't stop it. There are no instant moves, either. Everything winds up or needs to be triggered. It's slow and clunky by design. Once you get used to the mechanics, it's a lot easier to get by.

DaybreakRachel wrote: View Post

If you don't understand the limitations characters have, you can't draw a complete conclusion about them.

Kendrix isn't even a top ten character in the game. I don't know if you've just never used her before, or if you just don't face any of the good characters at your rank, but either way you're missing a huge chunk of the picture.
Kendrix is only good when people have her upgraded beyond belief like Dunc. Even then, she takes a lot of skill and experience to use well. You're not going to get to Elite just by using her because she's Kendrix.
Old March 24th, 2018, 08:03 PM #70
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

RiffRanger wrote: View Post

Megazord mode operates completely differently from warrior matches. The biggest mistake people make it expecting Megazords to behave the same way. There are no true blocks or counters. Everything does damage. Countering only mitigates it, it doesn't stop it. There are no instant moves, either. Everything winds up or needs to be triggered. It's slow and clunky by design. Once you get used to the mechanics, it's a lot easier to get by.
Or you just let the enemy wail on you, cause they usually do. At least you'll get rewards for it regardless!

Man, I was facing a guy today, DT Black. Hit me with his breaker, then cyclone attack, then powered up to super dino mode and unleashed another cyclone and I think either striker or breaker, honestly can't remember I was just being pummeled. So does super mode instantly refill your energy or something? Cause seriously, there was no real breaks between those attacks. And I mean I at least seem to take forever to not just get energy starting to refill, not to mention just being allowed to use moves. So for him to unleash all those attacks just...what the hell.

Then after that I fought a Zhane, who after nailing me with a striker unleashed three Green Ranger assists in a row. I just can't believe there was enough time between his striker and the rapid assist launching, to generate the energy needed since the assists would've cost 9 total. Ugh.
Old March 24th, 2018, 08:18 PM #71
> GearRanger
Zord Mechanic

GearRanger
Zord Mechanic

Actually from what I can tell, Samurai Megazord's counter completely blocks strike damage. That's the next best thing about it other than its Ultimate.
GearRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 08:25 PM #72
> ivoryranger
Power Ranger

ivoryranger
Power Ranger

I seem to be very good with the Samurai Megazord. Can even hold my own against players with significantly more power, when they're using the same Megazord (I do have a lot of trouble against Predazord, but even then, it doesn't feel cripplingly unfair the way megazord battles were in previous rounds). Kind of a shame since I don't enjoy playing it as much as I do Black Dragon.
ivoryranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 08:44 PM #73
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

Alitain wrote: View Post

Do you not play app games often? This one isn't any different when it comes to purchases. You can play the game just fine without spending money, it'll just take more time to level up your characters. Same as any other app game. But hey, not sure what else to say. And you can only pay to "outfight" your opponent in the sense that you can purchase currency to level up your characters. Doesn't give you extra attacks or anything, but can make your characters stronger sure, or more HP/Def. But that's it.
Apps to speed up play, yes. I donít think Iíve played an app where you pay to get ahead of a 1 vs 1 game. They should make us pay for energy to actually play against each other and characters are just characters. Apparently theyíd lose millions of dollars because some of us are sinking hundreds into this game.

If two equally good players fought and one spent nothing and one spent $300 with the same ranking Iíll tell you who Iíd bet would end up winning. Thatís odd to me.
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:05 PM #74
> ivoryranger
Power Ranger

ivoryranger
Power Ranger

If two equally good players fought and one spent nothing and one spent $300 with the same ranking Iíll tell you who Iíd bet would end up winning. Thatís odd to me.
If you can pay to win at this game, then I want my money back.
ivoryranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:29 PM #75
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Again, you'll never end up fighting anyone who's spent way more money than you. Those people won't be in your league. Pay-to-win isn't an issue because you won't be put against those people.

And if you're still upset about the mere concept of capitalism, that's why friendly/direct matches and challenge mode exist, characters are all equalized so you're on equal footing, and you can even use characters you haven't unlocked yet.
Old March 24th, 2018, 09:54 PM #76
> GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay
GaoHunter
KiRyoku Tenshin!

eBay

RiffRanger wrote: View Post

Kendrix is only good when people have her upgraded beyond belief like Dunc. Even then, she takes a lot of skill and experience to use well. You're not going to get to Elite just by using her because she's Kendrix.
Closing in on Level 11 for all her stats!

Level 12 and of course, 13, are nightmarish.

Seriously though even with my Kendrix as roided out as she is there are characters I struggle against. Anyone with an instant hit for sure. Drakkon with a double block assist can be trouble. Some players I lose to regardless of who they play. And other times itís just being outspent. I faced a Level 4 Dai Shi and got CRUSHED. I canít compete with that, and wouldnít want to sink that much money.

Last edited by GaoHunter; March 24th, 2018 at 10:01 PM.
GaoHunter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2018, 10:41 PM #77
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

GaoHunter wrote: View Post

Closing in on Level 11 for all her stats!

Level 12 and of course, 13, are nightmarish.

Seriously though even with my Kendrix as roided out as she is there are characters I struggle against. Anyone with an instant hit for sure. Drakkon with a double block assist can be trouble. Some players I lose to regardless of who they play. And other times itís just being outspent. I faced a Level 4 Dai Shi and got CRUSHED. I canít compete with that, and wouldnít want to sink that much money.
Drakkon is a particularly rough matchup for Kendrix. She doesn't have a strong strike to punish his slower strikes with, and he can use Thunder Slash to absorb her breakers without making himself vulnerable to Wildcat Reflex.

But yeah, I feel like people would get the wrong idea by the fact that you're stuffed by the whales. It happens to you because you're a top 100 player, there isn't much higher to go above where you are. I mean, I'm solidly in Gold league but only around the 500-700 rank range, so even I rarely run into the big spenders. Players down in league 9 or below will pretty much never see pay players.
Old March 24th, 2018, 11:54 PM #78
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Apps to speed up play, yes. I donít think Iíve played an app where you pay to get ahead of a 1 vs 1 game. They should make us pay for energy to actually play against each other and characters are just characters. Apparently theyíd lose millions of dollars because some of us are sinking hundreds into this game.

You're making it out to be more than it is. It really isn't any different than any other app game paying to advance. All those 'build a base and invade others' games are no different. Sure, you can sit around waiting for buildings and troops to be made, or you can drop money to speed things up so you can build up a better base faster. And if you don't, you can still do the same thing just takes longer.

As Daybreak said, the people who're paying to get the currency to level their characters faster are not really going to be in the same league, so you really don't need to worry about it.
Old March 25th, 2018, 01:10 AM #79
> d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

d3monicwolv3s
Emissary of Hell

Finally found a team that I like. Had a good winning streak and got to league 7. Dropped back down to 6 soon after. I haven't been playing long, but getting annoyed of always playing against people that use Lauren as an assist.

I really don't like the way the game is set up. I don't like to try new characters, assists or even do some challenges because I end up losing medals trying. Always going in knowing you'll be punished for losing is not challenging or fun.
d3monicwolv3s is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2018, 01:14 AM #80
> blurredlights
Completely Undone

blurredlights
Completely Undone

Take me for example, hasso_opitz.
I bought a lot of the level-ups (well, the reasonably-priced deals), and I still continuously lose. So... yeah, paying does not automatically means winning.

... you need a good internet connection as well.

But punchlines aside, DaybreakRachel said it perfectly. You don't get paired off with someone who has spent a lot of money. Odds are, they're already at top tier and are fighting people who are also in the same tier. If you're already there without having spent any money, then... good for you.

And because you've gotten there without paying, doesn't that make you the real winner?
blurredlights is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
beetle blaster badass, chicken ranger, legacy wars, samurai beetle = ouch