Home Menu

Menu

Old October 28th, 2017, 12:08 PM #81
> Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

It's called Miraculous in the US, so our title could stay the same regardless of who the main character is.
Power PC! is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 01:02 PM #82
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

But that much is obvious.

It's considered rude to explain things no one is asking to be explained or has mistaken.
And I'm sorry for doing this in the first place.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 01:00 PM #83
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Wait, Marinette turned 14? I thought Alya said in the Pharaoh episode that they all had 10th grade history books. Is 10th grade normally attended by 14-year-olds in France or was that an English dub mistake?

So Marinette's grandmother is Spanish? The creators really wanted her to represent all nations...

I understand Marinette meant well, but despite her grandma showing up unannounced, she didn't have to ditch her to go hang with her friends. She sees them every day, and why couldn't her grandma come with her? She was there by the end of the episode anyway.

Marinette's parents are pretty badass if they can make FOUR giant cakes like that in one day.

That was a super-inventive use of a tuba, serious kudos to the writing staff on that one. Probably the best defeat of any Akumatized villain.

Great continuity as well. Not only did they remember the bracelet Marinette made Adrien for the video game tournament, they also called Marinette's favorite song the same one she and Adrien slow danced to at Chloe's party, which would make perfect sense.

And I died at Marinette's face when Tikki spit in her hands. XD Hawk Moth having to say "please" was great, too.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 01:47 PM #84
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

This episode was kind of odd.
Marinette goes missing and neither Alya nor Manon make any fuss toward her about it, Cat Noir's advances are unusually aggressive, the ending collage is relatively plain, Adrien doesn't even appear out of costume.
Though, I did like that Prime Queen seemed to be smarter than most akumatized people, manipulating for the Miraculouses instead of just trying to grab them.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the episode Alya
finally realizes Marinette is Ladybug
since the disappearance/appearance is way too obvious...of course they will not reveal that until much later, as is the way the show goes...

Power PC! wrote: View Post

I think the dynamic between Marinette and Adrien is the biggest selling point for the fandom. Y'know, the whole "will they or won't they?" thing. Plus, I love adorably dorky female characters like Marinette. If nothing else, it's a fun series with fairly sharp writing.

Honestly, though, I don't think it's a great show by any stretch, and my excitement for it lessened considerably the more I saw of it. The plots are formulaic, the secondary characters aren't used particularly well, and aside from a handful of episodes, there's not much of a story to speak of. The potential for a great show is there, but as of yet, it feels like they've done a pretty subpar job living up to it. Hopefully season 2 remedies things.
it's a cheery fun show...I think Astruc said it was the type of show you can get a smile out of and not be down and depressed over...

since it is a formula show I doubt we'll get any regular mythology-building scenes on a regular basis but they seem to be playing a bit with smaller fan-rewards (the Cat-Noir reaction to the Chumack hit-piece video was hilarious, and the wandering akuma from the second ep was fun too)...

i personally love the facial reactions of Marinette/Ladybug...it reminds me of Sailor Moon's exaggerated expressions (some of my fave scenes are the one from Stormy Weather where Ladybug realizes Cat is still holding her hand, the scene from Pixelator where she has to text with her chin)...

there are some wonderful character animation moments (also from Stormy Weather, I think) where Ladybug helps Cat up and he kisses her hand and her eyes bug out and she playfully pokes his nose away in rejection but her eyes tell a different story...and that great Street Fighter 2 homage sequence from the Gamer episode was totally unexpected...

it sort of hit me, watching the third ep, that in this current climate, Cat Noir would totally be hit with a sexual harassment suit...

[hide]Sacre bleu! Chloe's mom is missing like Adrien's maybe they've been siblings this whole time!
wouldn't it be such a punch to the gut for Adrien if his mom turned out to be the
evil peacock miraculous holder
?

Last edited by bearytrek; October 31st, 2017 at 02:24 PM.
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 03:00 PM #85
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I really appreciated it that the fencing duel had
Adrien and Kagami evenly matched. It's so easy to just have the new character outclass the star at first , or at least get a few shots in.

I thought it was smart not to have
Adrien see Kagami's face until after she was de-evilyzed, that way he could crush on Ladybug without conflict. Though, he didn't seem to have much of a problem in this episode, despite laying on top of her and being cradled in her arms. At least, no more than she did.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 05:00 PM #86
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

So they were talking about objects becoming Akumatized this season, but this was kind of riding the fence in the object having artificial intelligence to begin with. Heck, even his goal was to avenge the intelligence of machines.

The episode itself was pretty paint-by-numbers, even for Miraculous. But it got hot when
Hawk Moth got attacked in his own lair and he busted out his fighting moves. The cane even doubles as a sword! Sweet! I also liked at the end when Master Fu explained what happens if someone ever uses both the earrings and ring, and balance having to be maintained at all cost.

They absolutely HAVE to have Marinette do it at the end of the series. This is the second tease.
Old November 7th, 2017, 11:45 AM #87
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

So they were talking about objects becoming Akumatized this season, but this was kind of riding the fence in the object having artificial intelligence to begin with.
they have such a limited budget, I guess they had to save what resources they have instead of creating a new person...most of the cost seems to go to the villains, who are all one-and-done for the most part...

at this point we should probably expect every major character design to get akumatized at some point...lessee, we still haven't seen villain versions of Marinette's parents, her two teachers, the principal, the mayor...

it is amusing to keep track of of all the background cast (the zookeeper showed up in one of the episodes, as did Mr Pigeon recently) and the limited locales they use and re-use (Eiffel Tower, School, Bakery, Hotel, Lourve, tv studio, etc)...

Last edited by bearytrek; November 7th, 2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old November 26th, 2017, 02:28 AM #88
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I love how many ways the writers are dissecting the mechanics of the universe. Now we see that
the akuma cannot attach itself if a person's negative emotions leave their mind before it reaches them.

It was hilarious seeing Hawk Moth try desperately to
reason with a baby. Poor lazy schlub...

And with all the
people who know Marinette is in love with Adrien, I'm amazed the secret hasn't gotten back to him yet.
Old November 29th, 2017, 06:15 AM #89
> nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

Hey is there any episodes in season 1 other than origins and the last one that advance the plot? Because at this point I think Adrien's dad is either Hawk Moth or might have something to do with Cat Noir in the first place.
nintenfan3424 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2017, 12:37 PM #90
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

nintenfan3424 wrote: View Post

Hey is there any episodes in season 1 other than origins and the last one that advance the plot?
"Princess Fragrance" should be watched for the second season premiere to make sense. "Simon Says" for dynamics of Adrien and Gabriel's relationship. And "The Pharaoh" references Ladybug lore.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 05:37 PM #91
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Came across some vids of the theme song with one a music video done by some young actress/singer:

And a piano cover done with Ladybug's voice actress:

Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2017, 07:00 PM #92
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Courtesy of an interview with the branding president, the second season premiere has been pushed back from this month to next spring.

https://www.licensing.biz/big-interv...k-storm/046841

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

Came across some vids of the theme song with one a music video done by some young actress/singer:

That's Laura Marano, she performed it for Nickelodeon back when they ran the first season.

She has an Akumatized villain based on her that will appear in the second season.
Old December 2nd, 2017, 08:10 PM #93
> Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Power PC!
Dames call it Dino Power

Courtesy of an interview with the branding president, the second season premiere has been pushed back from this month to next spring.

https://www.licensing.biz/big-interv...k-storm/046841
I know the show is well-animated and such, but does it REALLY take this long to finish 13 episodes?
Power PC! is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:07 PM #94
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Power PC! wrote: View Post

I know the show is well-animated and such, but does it REALLY take this long to finish 13 episodes?
Oh, they finished a long time ago. 7 episodes have already aired internationally, even the versions with English audio have been released.

The wait in the U.S. is just to get the merchandise release timed right, as ZAG did for Zak Storm last month.
Old December 6th, 2017, 02:07 PM #95
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

nintenfan3424 wrote: View Post

Hey is there any episodes in season 1 other than origins and the last one that advance the plot? Because at this point I think Adrien's dad is either Hawk Moth or might have something to do with Cat Noir in the first place.
"Volpina"

well, episode 7 was quite enjoyable...as I mentioned earlier, the producers know they can't just tread water anymore, they have to advance the plot, so we get these little tweaks to the cliches that were omnipresent in every formula episode...

and as far as episode 8 "Dark Owl"...
this blows the formula wide open,
with the kwamis knowing the secret identities of the principals...how this plays out, whether Plagg will be able to keep his mouth shut, whether they will try and meet up at school to discuss the agenda, whether Tikki will clue Plagg in to Master Fu and get Adrien in the loop on things, etc will keep things interesting for awhile...

it was a genius move to have only the kwami's discover the secrets, as now there is another layer to play with until the eventual reveal between Ladybug/Adrien/Cat Noir/Marinette...

the only reason I can think of them doing this is to be able to have merchandise on the shelves again in time for the premiere...it makes no sense otherwise with the new episodes already airing overseas (and tons of spoilers already out and about amongst the fans)...

if season 2 aired in December there would be no merchandise on the shelves, as it has all dried up long ago...the downside is that with another 4? month wait before new episodes they run the risk of support/interest amongst the non-superfans to really drop off and kill any enthusiasm for the line (I suppose they are confidant that the public can wait out another almost-half-year given how well the series continues to perform overseas)...

Last edited by bearytrek; December 6th, 2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old December 6th, 2017, 04:08 PM #96
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I loved the scene transition shout-out to Batman.

bearytrek wrote: View Post

it was a genius move to have only the kwami's discover the secrets, as now there is another layer to play with until the eventual reveal between Ladybug/Adrien/Cat Noir/Marinette...
Yeah, I definitely didn't see that coming, especially in an episode like this.

Now it makes me wonder just how familiar the Kwamis are with each other. Are they all good friends, mere acquinatances or pretty much unaware of each other in all but perhaps name? And I've got to hand it to two teenagers to be so respectful of secrets, when either one easily could have peeked.

So did Ladybug's Lucky Charm KNOW she'd get trapped in advance? Otherwise, there would have been no point to the second Lucky Charm actually leading her to the akuma.

And nice foreshadowing with the singer on Marinette's TV.

(I suppose they are confidant that the public can wait out another almost-half-year given how well the series continues to perform overseas)...
If the show still has resonance after two years without a new episode, four more months will change nothing.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 03:45 AM #97
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Came across music videos by two young French singers of the theme song both in French:

and English:

Dragonwolf Ranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 07:00 PM #98
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

So not only did Marinette find out Cat Noir is really in love with Ladybug instead of just being a lethario, Ladybug admits she's in love with someone else. I really liked how Marinette admitted to herself that she was being a drag at the ice cream cart, and interesting to see her hang out with Cat Noir again with their last meeting during the Evillustrator incident being acknowledged.

LOTS of Kaiju this season. First Robostus, then Gigantitan, now Glaciator? And thus had to be Ladybug's best plan ever, devising a makeshift industrial-sized fan to reveal Andre and the Akuma. She even figured out where it would be based purely on Glaciator's powers.
Old January 17th, 2018, 10:31 PM #99
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

So not only did Marinette find out Cat Noir is really in love with Ladybug instead of just being a lethario, Ladybug admits she's in love with someone else. I really liked how Marinette admitted to herself that she was being a drag at the ice cream cart, and interesting to see her hang out with Cat Noir again with their last meeting during the Evillustrator incident being acknowledged.
i thought that Cat-Marinette had met at least a couple of other times but maybe it was Ladybug-Adrien...

the bit at the end with the two getting ice cream in each others' colors was cute...

anyways, I love how they're slowly building the reveal of their mutual love for each other...obviously they aren't going to do anything too drastic yet, so early into season two...I wouldn't expect that status quo to be changed much until at least one of the new heroes gets revealed...

I was sort of disappointed that the kwamis aren't sort of subtly pushing the two together, since they know the secret...

are they going to seek out each other at school to compare notes now? Discuss what to tell their hosts?
Old January 21st, 2018, 11:18 AM #100
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

okay, there was some big stuff that happened in episode 10

someone must be a huge fan of Gremlins/Gremlins 2 on staff...

we finally get a new miraculous holder, and its not chloe, but the fox, which means alya of course

so she becomes Rene Rogue (sp?) and her flute allows her to create illusion as her ultimate power...

she was chosen because she's trustworthy and proves that by returning the miraculous necklace pendant, so now that she's passed that hurdle I would figure she'll get it full time in the near future...

perhaps the bigger bombshell is that Master Fu has been holding out on us...there aren't just seven-odd miraculouses (miraculi sound better?) but a whole ton more hidden in that little box...

the producers have said there are more than what we had seen and they did state in the comic that a new one is created anytime something new comes into the world, so this really opens the door to a lot more characters

it is interesting they are still playing by the "don't reveal your secret" rules...it's going to take a playbook to figure out who knows who's who and knows what pretty soon...