Home Menu

Menu

Old October 14th, 2016, 07:31 AM #41
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Now I want to see Alolan Persian all of a sudden.
Adara.2 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 07:51 AM #42
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

rocky505 wrote: View Post

Mega Kangaskhan has been nerfed according to people on Twitter.

The 2nd attack from Parental Bond now does 1/4 instead of 1/2.

Isn't that nerf basically meaningless since it will still 1HKO opponents with 1HP left.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:07 AM #43
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Oh, new thread? Cool.

Generations ep 7: "The Vision"

Why yes, we are going with the ORAS version of Hoenn.

And yes, like the last shorts, we're keeping Brendan's face covered/in shadows because...reasons.

Also, did the voice acting take a dive in this episode? Everyone here seems to be unusually stiff and stilted in their delivery.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:29 AM #44
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

Haha, rainbow coloured oil-slick muck is brilliant. I wasn't sold on alolan grimer, but this is cool.

Wasn't expecting bounceweet to get humanoid evolutions, but I think I'll stick with fomantis.
Timeline15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:30 AM #45
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

Y'know, the Pokémon sun/moon anime certainly has some endgame elements for Ash's journey. There's just one problem: it's the Pokémon anime.....
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:43 AM #46
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

Also, did the voice acting take a dive in this episode? Everyone here seems to be unusually stiff and stilted in their delivery.
I think it's just getting into the more anime tropish dialogue of ORAS and the later game plots that sounds weird. It reads weird in the game, but when you hear someone talk like that it just sounds even weirder.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 10:57 AM #47
> precita
Power Ranger

precita
Power Ranger

Heh, now that Generations has moved on to Hoenn I noticed online on various forums and social media accounts that they're no longer interested in watching it. It seems a bunch of people only liked Generations for covering Kanto and Johto because they were essentially genwunners or people who only came back for Pokemon Go, and now that its gone on to Gen III and above they no longer care.

I knew this would happen. A lot of casuals only want to see Kanto/Johto animated or redone, but now that we're moving on to Gen III onward they lost interest. Guess they only want to see Red and their other "childhood nostalgia" characters. One post I read said, "Team Magma? That's it, I'm not watching anymore. Give me Kanto/Johto and nothing else" on reddit.
precita is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 11:03 AM #48
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

precita wrote: View Post

Heh, now that Generations has moved on to Hoenn I noticed online on various forums and social media accounts that they're no longer interested in watching it. It seems a bunch of people only liked Generations for covering Kanto and Johto because they were essentially genwunners or people who only came back for Pokemon Go, and now that its gone on to Gen III and above they no longer care.

I knew this would happen. A lot of casuals only want to see Kanto/Johto animated or redone, but now that we're moving on to Gen III onward they lost interest. Guess they only want to see Red and their other "childhood nostalgia" characters. One post I read said, "Team Magma? That's it, I'm not watching anymore. Give me Kanto/Johto and nothing else" on reddit.
Whole forums have decided not to watch or just some loud people you specifically looked for decided not to watch?

Even if they did, man, you've got to let this nostalgia hate go. Every post you make in these threads is to rip on people who only like the early stuff or flipping out anytime you think the show or game is pandering to them. What is so wrong about people having their preferences?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 11:17 AM #49
> Sagiri

Sagiri

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Whole forums have decided not to watch or just some loud people you specifically looked for decided not to watch?

Even if they did, man, you've got to let this nostalgia hate go. Every post you make in these threads is to rip on people who only like the early stuff or flipping out anytime you think the show or game is pandering to them. What is so wrong about people having their preferences?
If someone doesn't like Hoenn, I can't understand why they would take the time to watch videos specifically about Hoenn that they know they won't like, and to then write comments demanding that they be pandered to. There are actually existing videos and communities specifically about the old games, so if that's what they like, why don't they just stick to those videos and communities?

Although, I do find it fairly amusing that people who hear that there's an anime special celebrating 20 years of Pokemon assume that it will (or should) only celebrate its first 2 years (at least in the US) and ignore everything else.
Sagiri is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 11:35 AM #50
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

We knew it was going to be all gens; heck we know from the previews we're getting a Sinnoh episode about the "travel companions" such as Cheryl and Buck! (and they at least all had a little exposure even in the Ash anime) It really shouldn't just be about Kanto/Johto if it's about the whole franchise.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 12:37 PM #51
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

Oh, new thread? Cool.

Generations ep 7: "The Vision"

Damn. I was actually hoping we'd see them battle.

Aslo....Who's voicing Courtney? It sounded like Stephanie Sheh at times I don't think it's her.
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 01:31 PM #52
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

yandere Courtney, I like it.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 02:00 PM #53
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Whoa, I like Jangmo-o's evolutions. They look more the current-day depictions of dinosaurs than any other we've had so far.

Silvally will definitely be in my lineup, it can attack however I need it to in that moment. Plus, it reminds me of Absol.

Alola Muk is weird, and yet still better looking than Alola Grimer. I guess I've always been a fan of the OG because it's purple and black and those are my favorite colors.

And Olivia is HAWT. >__>
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 02:29 PM #54
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Yes, Courtney, you're boss did fuck up.
Also, it's interesting to see how Leaf Blade has changed for Sceptile.
Old October 14th, 2016, 03:07 PM #55
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Nutty but adorable Courtney...surprised I wasn't that interested in her prior to this.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 03:10 PM #56
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Speaking of crazy but cute girls...

Calling it now: last of the Hoenn episodes is going to be about Delta Episode and spotlighting Zinnia as a result.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 04:04 PM #57
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Ok, now with the new trailer, my team is starting to take form:

Sure picks:
Grubbin, Jangmo-o and Bounsweet

Maybe: Pikipek (depends if he evolves twice)

And since Bounsweet and maybe Pikipek will give me a grass and flying types, I might end up getting Litten as my starter.

======================

Generations' new episode was quite good. Even if Brendan didn't have a speaking role, I love how he was used here.

Also, it seems like they are making Sceptile Brendan's signature pokémon. Besides Generations, he also got it on the ORAS animated promo and Sawyer, his sort-of animated counterpart got one as well.

JacobYBM wrote: View Post

Hiro'oka Toshihito is not going to be the character designer for Sun & Moon. That role is now being handled by Nakano Satoshi (中野悟史) and Yasuda Shuuhei (安田周平). Nakano was the action animation supervisor for Pocket Monster: The Origin Episode #4, so it makes a lot of sense that someone trusted with an action role would be made into the main character designer of a new series that is more heavy on the movement. It'll be interesting to see if Nakano and Yasuda take on the roles of chief animation supervisor and assistant chief animation supervisor, too.
Hey, buddy, don't let me in the dark: for how long has Toshihito been the character designer in the show?

JacobYBM wrote: View Post

Tomiyasu Daiki is now the series director while the head writer is no longer Tomioka Atsuhiro, it's Matsui Aya, the head writer of Dragon Ball GT. The ten year reign of Tomioka is over, no!!
You know, when they say you should be careful with what you wish for, they are absolutely right.

I've always defend that Tomioka should be replaced and even approved the idea of gyms being ditched.

After that one, I wish I've never said any of that I was happy and never value it!

==============================

Now for the mandatory joke after being forced to watch (write?) an episode where Goodra AND Greninja are released, Tomioka just call it quits.

And I don't blame him

Jokes aside, now it makes sense why XY&Z felt so grand and there's so much time focused to conclude the series: it's Tomioka's departure from the headwriter seat (and maybe a break from the franchise as well?)
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 05:01 PM #58
> CrimsonEcho
Power Ranger

CrimsonEcho
Power Ranger

Yessss.

Current team:

Rowlett
Grubbin
Jangomo-ofett
Salandit

Cmon reveal some more water types already
CrimsonEcho is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 08:32 PM #59
> JacobYBM
Banned

JacobYBM
Banned

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

Hey, buddy, don't let me in the dark: for how long has Toshihito been the character designer in the show?

You know, when they say you should be careful with what you wish for, they are absolutely right.

I've always defend that Tomioka should be replaced and even approved the idea of gyms being ditched.

After that one, I wish I've never said any of that I was happy and never value it!

==============================

Now for the mandatory joke after being forced to watch (write?) an episode where Goodra AND Greninja are released, Tomioka just call it quits.

And I don't blame him

Jokes aside, now it makes sense why XY&Z felt so grand and there's so much time focused to conclude the series: it's Tomioka's departure from the headwriter seat (and maybe a break from the franchise as well?)
The Satoshi series has had multiple character designers over the years.

First Series & Advanced Generation: Ichi'ishi Sayuri (Credited as 'Animation Character Design' and later 'Character Design' part way through AG)
Diamond & Pearl & Best Wishes: Yamada Toshiya
XY: Hiro'oka Toshihito
Sun & Moon: Nakano Satoshi & Yasuda Shuuhei

The role I'm discussing here is the role of 'animation character designer'. In other words, while there might be a separate character designer--usually just an illustrator--the designs that the animators follow are the animation character designs. For the first series, going by her initial title, I assume Ichi'ishi was adapting designs less suited to animation into her own style so that animators would have an easier time with them. After that, I'm assuming it got to the point where the staff cut out the initial process all together. While not credited, incidental characters are usually designed by the animation supervisor for an episode. The 'character design' role is really just for the main characters and style of the series.

Pocket Monster is one of those productions where the character designer is not always the chief animation supervisor (sou sakuga kantoku).

First Series: Chief Animation Supervisor: Yamada Toshiya (Episode #91-275); Chief Animation Supervisor Assistance: Kosuga Kasuhisa (#209, #211-239)

Advanced Generation: Chief Animation Supervisor: Yamada Toshiya; Chief Animation Supervisor Assistance: Yamashita Megumi (#184-192)

Diamond & Pearl: Chief Animation Supervisor: Yamada Toshiya (#1-170), Hiro'oka Toshihito (#171-191); Chief Animation Supervisor Assistance: Yamashita Megumi (#1-36), Ono Ayumi (#107), Hiro'oka Toshihito (#165-170)

Best Wishes: Yamada and Hiro'oka switched back and forth a lot for Best Wishes.

XY: Hiro'oka is usually the chief animation supervisor but is also accompanied by multiple chief animation supervisor assistants.

Clearly, Hiro'oka was around before he became the character designer. Eventually he rose up in the ranks and was able to take on the role for XY.
JacobYBM is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 09:17 PM #60
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Kind of hope that Kiawe looking like the oldest student in the show foreshadows Turtonator being a final level evolution. Also want Turtonator to be revealed as the pseudo-legendary for this Generation.

Tags
eternally 10, pokemon