Home Menu

Menu

Old December 29th, 2018, 01:09 PM #81
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

I'm reminded of that moment when Steph was Batgirl and Damian was Robin, and Dick and Barbara were debating that very subject before realising who they were talking about.

But I suppose Tim and Cass could have grown close in books I didn't read. War Crimes for instance sounds like it could've been a good opportunity for them based on what I've heard.
And they did live together in Bludhaven for a while after Dick had left it.
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2018, 02:03 PM #82
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Virus wrote: View Post

And they did live together in Bludhaven for a while after Dick had left it.
OK, that's fair. That was the run that came between War Crimes and Blackest Night wasn't it - I keep forgetting that one even existed.

By the way, I believe I've said before that some of the naming issues make comics impossible to work out if you weren't actively following them at the time (I think the conversation was about X-Men team books and how nobody who didn't already know there was one called Generation Hope would ever have thought to look for it) and that's a problem I'm having with Batman related titles.

I know in 2001 there were Detective Comics, Gotham Knights, Robin, Batgirl, Birds of Prey and I think Nightwing was still around too, but as the decade goes on I just get completely lost.

So who else can we pair Stephanie with then? She and Supergirl had that 'night of fun' issue, she was flirty with Wendy (but Wendy's only shown interest IIRC was for Barbara), that guy in her class that she rescued from his father's scam whose name I can't remember but was dating someone else, the aforementioned someone else (if you're a fan of abrasive relationships), the detective (Nick?) who might possibly be too old for her (despite what the commissioner might think Stephanie was legal by then, but not really in the same stage of her life)

Actually now that I think about it that question's unfair. If we use the standards of the PR shipping thread then the only people I can't ship her with are:

Her father for obvious reasons.
Her mother for fewer but still obvious reasons.
Black Mask for even more obvious reasons.
Damian because while I like them together as teammates I don't want to see her and the kid as lovers.
That guy that got her pregnant and then bogged off.

Other than that I think I could be sold on her with anyone, even someone she had issues with like Secret.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2018, 02:06 PM #83
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

OK, that's fair. That was the run that came between War Crimes and Blackest Night wasn't it - I keep forgetting that one even existed.

By the way, I believe I've said before that some of the naming issues make comics impossible to work out if you weren't actively following them at the time (I think the conversation was about X-Men team books and how nobody who didn't already know there was one called Generation Hope would ever have thought to look for it) and that's a problem I'm having with Batman related titles.

I know in 2001 there were Detective Comics, Gotham Knights, Robin, Batgirl, Birds of Prey and I think Nightwing was still around too, but as the decade goes on I just get completely lost.

So who else can we pair Stephanie with then? She and Supergirl had that 'night of fun' issue, she was flirty with Wendy (but Wendy's only shown interest IIRC was for Barbara), that guy in her class that she rescued from his father's scam whose name I can't remember but was dating someone else, the aforementioned someone else (if you're a fan of abrasive relationships), the detective (Nick?) who might possibly be too old for her (despite what the commissioner might think Stephanie was legal by then, but not really in the same stage of her life)

Actually now that I think about it that question's unfair. If we use the standards of the PR shipping thread then the only people I can't ship her with are:

Her father for obvious reasons.
Her mother for fewer but still obvious reasons.
Black Mask for even more obvious reasons.
Damian because while I like them together as teammates I don't want to see her and the kid as lovers.
That guy that got her pregnant and then bogged off.

Other than that I think I could be sold on her with anyone, even someone she had issues with like Secret.
Steph got shipped with Jason Todd for a while for some reason
Old December 29th, 2018, 02:34 PM #84
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

I imagine the reason was that they were the Robins who died. Not a particularly good reason perhaps but a reason all the same.

Jason Todd had some merit in terms of shippability too. I can believe he had a bit of crush on Donna Troy or even Joey (can't remember his last name) from when he was filling in for the brainwashed Dick in Teen Titans for instance.
Old December 29th, 2018, 02:38 PM #85
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

I imagine the reason was that they were the Robins who died. Not a particularly good reason perhaps but a reason all the same.

Jason Todd had some merit in terms of shippability too. I can believe he had a bit of crush on Donna Troy or even Joey (can't remember his last name) from when he was filling in for the brainwashed Dick in Teen Titans for instance.
Joey Wilson if your talking about Jericho. And he had decent chemistry with Kara when they worked together

He and Steph generally got shipped after Tim became Red Robin and had a thing with Tam Fox
Old December 29th, 2018, 02:57 PM #86
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Joey Wilson if your talking about Jericho. And he had decent chemistry with Kara when they worked together
Yeah, that Joey. Except I better know Joey the Titan than Jericho the psychotic supervillain (not that I know either of them that well).

Jason and Kara? That's unexpected, what run was that in?

He and Steph generally got shipped after Tim became Red Robin and had a thing with Tam Fox
See, that's when I'd probably be shipping Steph with Cass (well, after Steph's 'ressurection') - of course Stephanie's Batgirl run put a large block in the way of that, and Flashpoint hit it with a sniper bullet, a crossbow bolt, a shotgun blast, a rocket propelled grenade, a baseball bat and a round from a WW2 era 16" battleship gun.
Old December 29th, 2018, 02:59 PM #87
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Jason and Kara? That's unexpected, what run was that in?

During the New 52 Era
Old December 29th, 2018, 04:19 PM #88
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

That would explain why I don't know it then.
Old December 30th, 2018, 02:39 AM #89
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice

From Black Clover, I'm shipping Captain Yami with either Julian Novachrono or Fanzell Kruger.

For some reason, I find Yami very appealing and a fun match with Julian's good-naturedness or Fanzell's propensity to be nude all the time.
ZandarLantyriel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 10:01 AM #90
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

That would explain why I don't know it then.
To be fair, they were pretty good issues. Shockingly, they had pretty good chemistry. Kara even stated that she was attracted to Jason.

She's one of the few people I ship him with actually. Thanks to fan fiction, him and Artemis Crock and Him and Bette Kane too
Old February 9th, 2019, 05:32 PM #91
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Sorry Zander but I don't know Black Clover at all.

To be fair, they were pretty good issues. Shockingly, they had pretty good chemistry. Kara even stated that she was attracted to Jason.
I wouldn't know. The only things I have from that era are bits of Batman and Teen Titans (by the way I totally see New 52 Cassie trying to drag Miguel out boy hunting with her while he tries to protest that he's not interested in a hook up).

Speaking of New 52 Batman characters though, who does fandom ship Harper with? (If the answer is 'her brother' please make something up because I don't want to know that)

She's one of the few people I ship him with actually. Thanks to fan fiction, him and Artemis Crock and Him and Bette Kane too
That's not the Artemis that filled in for Wonder Woman is it? And Bette Kane? I would never have thought of that but I guess it could work.
Old February 9th, 2019, 05:59 PM #92
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Sorry Zander but I don't know Black Clover at all.

I wouldn't know. The only things I have from that era are bits of Batman and Teen Titans (by the way I totally see New 52 Cassie trying to drag Miguel out boy hunting with her while he tries to protest that he's not interested in a hook up).

Speaking of New 52 Batman characters though, who does fandom ship Harper with? (If the answer is 'her brother' please make something up because I don't want to know that)

That's not the Artemis that filled in for Wonder Woman is it? And Bette Kane? I would never have thought of that but I guess it could work.
Harper Row? Don't know. She isn't a character I follow.

And no That Artemis is Artemis Grace or Artemis of Bana-Mighdall. Artemis Crock is the sidekick of Green Arrow that appeared in the Young Justice cartoon and later became Tigress. She appeared once post-Flashpoint is a terrible storyline. Her pre-Flashpoint self was a D-list supervillain who dressed like a genderswapped Kraven The Hunter.
Old February 9th, 2019, 06:12 PM #93
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Harper Row? Don't know. She isn't a character I follow.
Oh well. To be honest I just thought you followed the Bat Family in general.

It's a pity she and Wendy are from different continuities because I think they'd be good together.

And no That Artemis is Artemis Grace or Artemis of Bana-Mighdall. Artemis Crock is the sidekick of Green Arrow that appeared in the Young Justice cartoon and later became Tigress. She appeared once post-Flashpoint is a terrible storyline. Her pre-Flashpoint self was a D-list supervillain who dressed like a genderswapped Kraven The Hunter.
Oh, that Artemis. Yeah, I think I did see her in the Young Justice cartoon but I didn't watch much of it so it tends to slip my mind.

You know, Kraven The Hunter has a daughter (I was going to link to her wiki page, but I know her from the Anya Corazon Spider-Girl book and whoever wrote the wiki article clearly doesn't). She does look a bit like Artemis actually.

So hang on, people are pairing either a D-list supervillain with Jason (I suppose that one works) or a terrible post-Flashpoint version with Jason (why?).
Old February 9th, 2019, 06:19 PM #94
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Oh well. To be honest I just thought you followed the Bat Family in general.

It's a pity she and Wendy are from different continuities because I think they'd be good together.

Oh, that Artemis. Yeah, I think I did see her in the Young Justice cartoon but I didn't watch much of it so it tends to slip my mind.

You know, Kraven The Hunter has a daughter (I was going to link to her wiki page, but I know her from the Anya Corazon Spider-Girl book and whoever wrote the wiki article clearly doesn't). She does look a bit like Artemis actually.

So hang on, people are pairing either a D-list supervillain with Jason (I suppose that one works) or a terrible post-Flashpoint version with Jason (why?).
Harper is like Misfit was. A character that just seems to be there for the most part.

The post-Flashpoint one wasn't terrible (for how little we saw of her), the storyline she was in was, The Culling. She hasn't appeared since that as a hero or villain. And most people remember the YJ version of Artemis over her pre-Flashpoint version. Its that version that people use for shipping. I think she gets paired with Jason because they're personalities would gel more.

And Jason gets paired with a lot of women. Mostly due to him not having a well known love interests like Dick and Tim do.

And Bette Kane? I would never have thought of that but I guess it could work.
Well its not like she's been used for anything. And the last time she was used, it was crap

Last edited by Virus; February 10th, 2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:38 PM #95
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

I usually don't do triad relationships, but since I dislike love triangles more and the shipping war with this one is kind of nuts, why not

Last edited by Virus; March 3rd, 2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 08:35 PM #96
> Terror Rangers
Power Ranger

Terror Rangers
Power Ranger

I kinda rather they bring in a younger version of Sam Young from Batman Beyond & pair him with Babs in the present time Am I the only one who even remembers that guy?
Terror Rangers is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2019, 08:41 PM #97
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Terror Rangers wrote: View Post

I kinda rather they bring in a younger version of Sam Young from Batman Beyond & pair him with Babs in the present time Am I the only one who even remembers that guy?
Probably. The writers seemed to forget he existed considering how little he factored in the show.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 11:41 PM #98
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...r-fullview.jpg
I usually don't do triad relationships, but since I dislike love triangles more and the shipping war with this one is kind of nuts, why not
Plot twist: one of them turns out to be Mirage. (Just to be clear, Mirage should never be shipped with Nightwing in a million years thanks to a certain stunt.)

As much as I like the idea of Barbara/Dick/Kori (though I would prefer Oracle to Batgirl but I admit it would've been harder to draw) I'm not sure how well Kori and Babs would get on, at least with Dick still in the picture. Hence I'm adding a qualifier - Kori and Barbara get together when they're both single, then invite Dick to rejoin them later.

Terror Rangers wrote: View Post

Wasn't Batman Beyond the one with that godawful Batman/Barbara storyline? I think we can all agree that strictly within the confines of that cartoon pairing Barbara with almost anyone is a marked improvement.

As for comic Barbara, I don't think I can ignore just how shippable she and Dinah were even in the early days of Birds of Prey (even if Oracle had a Nightwing key fob which was just adorable). Leaving that aside though who else can I think of. The Stephanie Batgirl run seemed like it was trying to set up a love triangle between Steph, Detective Gage and Babs; frankly it's for the best that didn't really develop because Nick and Steph didn't exactly hit it off when she wasn't in costume but the detective and Barbara parts were OK. That's not a relationship I'd want to last long term though.

Barbara and Jason possibly? I've seen people argue for Barbara/Cass but that one rubs me the wrong way due to Barbara being essentially a surrogate mother for her.

And as for other iterations of Barbara, I have to ship the (old) DC Superhero Girls one with Supergirl based on pretty much every scene they have together. And I can't remember enough about the one from Batman and Robin, or the 60s television series.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 11:46 PM #99
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Plot twist: one of them turns out to be Mirage. (Just to be clear, Mirage should never be shipped with Nightwing in a million years thanks to a certain stunt.)

As much as I like the idea of Barbara/Dick/Kori (though I would prefer Oracle to Batgirl but I admit it would've been harder to draw) I'm not sure how well Kori and Babs would get on, at least with Dick still in the picture. Hence I'm adding a qualifier - Kori and Barbara get together when they're both single, then invite Dick to rejoin them later.

As for comic Barbara, I don't think I can ignore just how shippable she and Dinah were even in the early days of Birds of Prey (even if Oracle had a Nightwing key fob which was just adorable). Leaving that aside though who else can I think of. The Stephanie Batgirl run seemed like it was trying to set up a love triangle between Steph, Detective Gage and Babs; frankly it's for the best that didn't really develop because Nick and Steph didn't exactly hit it off when she wasn't in costume but the detective and Barbara parts were OK. That's not a relationship I'd want to last long term though.

Barbara and Jason possibly?.
Funny enough, some ship Babs/Dinah/Dick too. And Im not a fan of Jason and Babs, mostly because I know how that storyline would play out.
Old March 4th, 2019, 12:01 AM #100
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

We all know how that storyline plays out. Jason(/Robin) gets Barbara(/Batgirl) to agree to what is essentially a pity date which goes about as well as a pity date can go, especially considering the age-gap) but it doesn't blossom into a lasting relationship.

Then before that can be re-examined Jason gets killed and Barbara gets injured.