Home Menu

Menu

Old June 28th, 2016, 05:03 PM #41
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

timegold wrote: View Post

Shinji belongs with no one but Kaworu. Or so I've heard.
Co-signed.

Plus, for an angelic/alien being, Kaworu was aggressively into Shinji.

Shinji's one of those characters. I've hung out in forums where everybody hated that kid, and I just feel so sorry for him. Given the people around him (and the incredibly low chance of him ever turning out to be healthy or well-adjusted), I just felt bad for the kid. He stood no chance of healthy emotional well-being. Poor bastard.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2016, 05:13 PM #42
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Peter wrote: View Post

Co-signed.

Plus, for an angelic/alien being, Kaworu was aggressively into Shinji.

Shinji's one of those characters. I've hung out in forums where everybody hated that kid, and I just feel so sorry for him. Given the people around him (and the incredibly low chance of him ever turning out to be healthy or well-adjusted), I just felt bad for the kid. He stood no chance of healthy emotional well-being. Poor bastard.
Generally why I ship him with characters outside of Evangelion
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2016, 03:31 AM #43
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

... I have a bad feeling on the longevity of this thread.

Anyways, don't do much shipping and the ones I do have are kinda boring in that they lean a bit more towards canonical then not.

FemCorrin x Jakob (Fire Emblem Fates)
Holo x Lawrence (Spice and Wolf)
Phoenix Wright x Iris Hawthorne (Ace Attorney)
Makoto Naegi x Kyouko Kirigiri (DanganRonpa)
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2016, 06:33 AM #44
> KpopSunshine
💗 J-Hope 💗

KpopSunshine
💗 J-Hope 💗

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

... I have a bad feeling on the longevity of this thread.

Anyways, don't do much shipping and the ones I do have are kinda boring in that they lean a bit more towards canonical then not.

FemCorrin x Jakob (Fire Emblem Fates)
Holo x Lawrence (Spice and Wolf)
Phoenix Wright x Iris Hawthorne (Ace Attorney)
Makoto Naegi x Kyouko Kirigiri (DanganRonpa)
Hey canon ships are totally okay here too. Most of mine for this thread are canon anyway.
KpopSunshine is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 05:32 PM #45
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Spike Speigal/Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
Takuya/Zoe (Digimon Frontier)
Ichigo/Rukia (Bleach)
Zero/Ciel (Mega Man Zero)
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2016, 11:40 AM #46
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

With a title like "Hunter x Hunter", you'd think it's about shipping... boy, is it ever. A kid goes on a grand adventure searching for an absent daddy, and along they way, meets a kid assassin who quickly becomes best friends, as they have a strange fascination for one another. Then there's the creep who takes an unnerving interest in them and dresses as a clown. Also, the two sidekicks always act like a married couple, whether they're bickering or cooperating. And that's just within the first dozen episodes.

The show also happens to be fodder for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OamjBYCAz4
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2016, 03:35 PM #47
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

timegold wrote: View Post

With a title like "Hunter x Hunter", you'd think it's about shipping... boy, is it ever. A kid goes on a grand adventure searching for an absent daddy, and along they way, meets a kid assassin who quickly becomes best friends, as they have a strange fascination for one another. Then there's the creep who takes an unnerving interest in them and dresses as a clown. Also, the two sidekicks always act like a married couple, whether they're bickering or cooperating. And that's just within the first dozen episodes.

The show also happens to be fodder for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OamjBYCAz4
Dude, that's not even getting into Uvo and Nobunaga.

The most Bara and Gar of ships.
MerCurryMeme is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 05:56 PM #48
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Allio wrote: View Post

I'm not really a shipper, but let's see what I got.

Raven Queen/Apple White (Ever After High)
Kitty Cheshire/Cerise Hood (Ever After High)
Aki/Ruka (Yugioh 5ds)
Nene/Lilithmon (Digimon Xros Wars)

those are the only ones that comes to mind.
My knowledge of Ever After High is not that great so I could be wrong, but weren't Raven Queen and Snow White supposed to have the same father? That makes me a little weary of a relationship between Raven and Apple.

Nene/Lilithmon? Not saying it's automatically a bad thing, but I'm curious about how you came up with that.

Tenaya Sevenson wrote: View Post

If books are okay they the best couple ever, my OTP is ofcourse Elizabeth and Mr Darcy. They are so perfect. I wish I could meet Mr. Darcy once. Just once. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
(Pride and Prejudice)
Good old Fitzwilliam Darcy. The advantage Pride and Prejudice has is that its plot takes place over several months, so it doesn't feel rushed. I'd offer up Mr and Mrs Bennet, but while their relationship is certainly entertaining to read, it's not all that blissful for the participants.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 06:11 PM #49
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

My knowledge of Ever After High is not that great so I could be wrong, but weren't Raven Queen and Snow White supposed to have the same father? That makes me a little weary of a relationship between Raven and Apple.

Nene/Lilithmon? Not saying it's automatically a bad thing, but I'm curious about how you came up with that.
They mention of the fact that if they closely follow the story of their ancestors, then Raven Queen would end marry Apple's father and become her step-mother (the original story has Evil Queen marry Good King and become Snow White's step-mother)... that's one thing that Apple does not mind changing. Same thing with the Charmings, the Naughtingham charmings aren't related to Daring/Darling/Dexter and their charming family.

Plus, the stories have been going on for Genrations (at least 16, probably more when considering Sleeping Beauty and Little Mermaid time lines) so anyone related because of the first generations have already been diluded in blood; think of it like Adam and Eve and present day.) Though don't get me started on Duchess being Odile and Odetta's baby

Cute girl + demon lord of lust...it isn't really that hard to the two together. I do a lot of crack shipping.

also
OT3
Kitty/Cerise/Ginger (Ever After High)

Last edited by Allio; July 21st, 2016 at 06:19 PM.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:07 PM #50
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

They mention of the fact that if they closely follow the story of their ancestors, then Raven Queen would end marry Apple's father and become her step-mother (the original story has Evil Queen marry Good King and become Snow White's step-mother)... that's one thing that Apple does not mind changing. Same thing with the Charmings, the Naughtingham charmings aren't related to Daring/Darling/Dexter and their charming family.

Plus, the stories have been going on for Genrations (at least 16, probably more when considering Sleeping Beauty and Little Mermaid time lines) so anyone related because of the first generations have already been diluded in blood; think of it like Adam and Eve and present day.) Though don't get me started on Duchess being Odile and Odetta's baby
So just to see if I'm understanding properly, Snow White's father is still married to Evil Queen, but he's not necessarily Raven's father too? Or does Raven not even have a father?

Cute girl + demon lord of lust...it isn't really that hard to the two together. I do a lot of crack shipping.

also
OT3
Kitty/Cerise/Ginger (Ever After High)
No, I still don't get it. Even as a crack ship. Still, to each their own on that one.
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:11 PM #51
> Dustin_Lion
Banned

Dustin_Lion
Banned

I will probably be lambasted, but I shipped Rocky and Adam around Zeo and even wrote a fanfic that many years ago.
Dustin_Lion is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:22 PM #52
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Dustin_Lion wrote: View Post

I will probably be lambasted, but I shipped Rocky and Adam around Zeo and even wrote a fanfic that many years ago.
You should check out the Power Rangers Romance and shipping thread. That's actually not an unpopular pairing.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:24 PM #53
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

So just to see if I'm understanding properly, Snow White's father is still married to Evil Queen, but he's not necessarily Raven's father too? Or does Raven not even have a father?

Raven's parents: Evil Queen and Good King
Apple's parents: Snow White and someone in a Charming line.

The idea in itself is that Characters will adopt the title of their parents, and their parents will probably become just themselves. ie. Apple White becomes Snow White from her mother, while her mother just becomes Snow White's mother that dies.

The Charming family is there to fill in role so that there isn't a contradiction, They are the expendable bloodline that is used to either be the generic prince or princess...they either die or married to depending on the story that they are given. Granted with them that means no one will know what their story is until the last minute (meaning, you won't know if you are destined to die or who you will marry until it's too late)

for example the Charming siblings. Everybody was expecting:
Daring - Snow White’s prince charming
Darling - Damsel in Distress
Dexter- Beauty’s beast

But what actually happens:
Daring- Beauty’s beast
Darling - Snow White’s Prince Chamring
Dexter- Damsel in Distress
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:24 PM #54
> Dustin_Lion
Banned

Dustin_Lion
Banned

Pepper wrote: View Post

You should check out the Power Rangers Romance and shipping thread. That's actually not an unpopular pairing.
Thank you. I definitely need to check that!
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:30 PM #55
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Pepper wrote: View Post

But be warned when you enter. Crazy isn't enough to describe that thread sometimes.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:36 PM #56
> Dustin_Lion
Banned

Dustin_Lion
Banned

GreenBeastFist wrote: View Post

But be warned when you enter. Crazy isn't enough to describe that thread sometimes.
I'm a bit wild. As in, I don't picture Adam and Rocky sparring or doing homework. But actually having deep feelings and desires for one another. Not scared of the gay thing.
Old July 21st, 2016, 07:39 PM #57
> SummerRose
Power Ranger

SummerRose
Power Ranger

Naruto/Sasuke (Naruto) -
Guts/Casca (Berserk)
Usagi/Mamoru (Sailor Moon)
Korra/Asami (Legend of Korra)
SummerRose is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 08:08 PM #58
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Raven's parents: Evil Queen and Good King
Apple's parents: Snow White and someone in a Charming line.

The idea in itself is that Characters will adopt the title of their parents, and their parents will probably become just themselves. ie. Apple White becomes Snow White from her mother, while her mother just becomes Snow White's mother that dies.

The Charming family is there to fill in role so that there isn't a contradiction, They are the expendable bloodline that is used to either be the generic prince or princess...they either die or married to depending on the story that they are given. Granted with them that means no one will know what their story is until the last minute (meaning, you won't know if you are destined to die or who you will marry until it's too late)
Which still leaves me with the question - is Raven Queen Apple's half-aunt? I guess given they're the same age and (probably) didn't grow up together that even if the answer's yes it still has the makings of a tragic romance but still...

for example the Charming siblings. Everybody was expecting:
Daring - Snow White’s prince charming
Darling - Damsel in Distress
Dexter- Beauty’s beast

But what actually happens:
Daring- Beauty’s beast
Darling - Snow White’s Prince Chamring
Dexter- Damsel in Distress
So is (I assume you meant) Apple/Darling a canon pairing then?

Daring (obsessed with mirrors guy - I know that much) is Beast? I imagine that came as a shock to him. Whatever description of Beast you go by, he's not exactly good looking.

Take popcorn, you're gonna need it.
Old July 21st, 2016, 08:38 PM #59
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Which still leaves me with the question - is Raven Queen Apple's half-aunt? I guess given they're the same age and (probably) didn't grow up together that even if the answer's yes it still has the makings of a tragic romance but still...
No, they aren't related; I assume they haven't be related since at least the first Evil Queen and Snow White, and even then, they weren't related by blood; but yeah, the woman as old as you being your step mom is weird

So is (I assume you meant) Apple/Darling a canon pairing then?
Pretty much, Apple was put to sleep by Raven's mother and Darling kissed her and "Fairy Tale magic(Destiny)" registered and woke Apple up *under the guise of CPR*

The franchise clarifies that there are two ways to "break a curse" either:
True Love's kiss
A kiss from a princess
now either of those two things would fit Darling Charming, but the important part is the kiss...but regarding "canon" that is highly debatable...I mean "destined" could easily be equating to "arranged marriage(by god)" sure, you have to marry them, but you don't have to love them. if that makes sense

Daring (obsessed with mirrors guy - I know that much) is Beast? I imagine that came as a shock to him. Whatever description of Beast you go by, he's not exactly good looking.

Not a "beastly" as one might expect, but with Ever After High's simplistic style, it isn't surprising like Disney's beast, minus the horns; though Daring's ego is too big to let himself get down about it - he states he is still handsome...just more furry. Which again, goes with his character. He comes off as a self-centered ass; but really like his name suggests, is charming.

Though in Daring's case, I think it comes down to the devastation that he wasn't Snow White's prince charming; that everything he was raised to believe, by his family friends and teachers, that everything about him was a lie that when he does come to be the beast, he accepts it because it's his safety net, that he isn't some useless back ground character, that he is someone.

Last edited by Allio; July 21st, 2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2016, 12:18 AM #60
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

No, they aren't related; I assume they haven't be related since at least the first Evil Queen and Snow White, and even then, they weren't related by blood; but yeah, the woman as old as you being your step mom is weird
Ah. (The current iteration of) Snow White not being the daughter or (the current iteration of) Good King - or at least not the same Good King was about the one possibility I hadn't thought of.

Pretty much, Apple was put to sleep by Raven's mother and Darling kissed her and "Fairy Tale magic(Destiny)" registered and woke Apple up *under the guise of CPR*

The franchise clarifies that there are two ways to "break a curse" either:
True Love's kiss
A kiss from a princess
now either of those two things would fit Darling Charming, but the important part is the kiss...but regarding "canon" that is highly debatable...I mean "destined" could easily be equating to "arranged marriage(by god)" sure, you have to marry them, but you don't have to love them. if that makes sense
So because Evil Queen put Apple to sleep herself Raven's off the hook, at least for another generation?

And it almost makes sense, except would Darling's kiss have worked had she not loved
Apple? After all if any princess would've done then presumably Briar would've volenteered, or any other princess I didn't catch the name for. Even Raven's a princess in the most narrow technical sense.

https://65.media.tumblr.com/66f221fd...ndn6o1_540.png

Not a "beastly" as one might expect, but with Ever After High's simplistic style, it isn't surprising like Disney's beast, minus the horns; though Daring's ego is too big to let himself get down about it - he states he is still handsome...just more furry. Which again, goes with his character. He comes off as a self-centered ass; but really like his name suggests, is charming.

Though in Daring's case, I think it comes down to the devastation that he wasn't Snow White's prince charming; that everything he was raised to believe, by his family friends and teachers, that everything about him was a lie that when he does come to be the beast, he accepts it because it's his safety net, that he isn't some useless back ground character, that he is someone.
Hang on a minute, doesn't original Beast wilt and die utterly distraught? Not a role most people would take to with much enthusiasm, even if the alternative was 'envoy number two at coronation'. Or was that an 1800s rewrite, and truly original Beast actually had a happy ending?