Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:36 AM #81
Grantsaunt's Avatar
> Grantsaunt
Galwit Mysto Prifior
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,607
32
Grantsaunt
Galwit Mysto Prifior
Grantsaunt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,607
32



"Oh, bloody 'ell, my arm is on fire! This means...damn! The referendum...it must have passed...Voldemort will rise again!"

Grantsaunt is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:55 AM #82
BlaBla27's Avatar
> BlaBla27
Face My... Kyoryu Change
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 880
BlaBla27
Face My... Kyoryu Change
BlaBla27's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 880



Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

Do you have any actual examples?
Stuff like we're not allowed to sell Bananas with curves:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4CaaDz6cc
BlaBla27 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:20 AM #83
WhiteMystechRanger's Avatar
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,497
WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal
WhiteMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,497



>Daily Mail

lol, no

How about a real source?

Like:

https://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/...eg/feedandfood
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:20 AM #84
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,639
Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,639



Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

Do you have any actual examples?
Here in the UK a wave of American sodas were banned in early 2015 because of a sweetening agent (sodium benzoate) the EU decided is no longer allowed. It's hardly world-ending, but it's an "average joe" example of being not allowed things because of laws we didn't make and can't change.

I voted to leave the EU, and I'm glad I did. Other countries are now looking to have their own referendums and potentially vote out after seeing us do it.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:24 AM #85
BlaBla27's Avatar
> BlaBla27
Face My... Kyoryu Change
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 880
BlaBla27
Face My... Kyoryu Change
BlaBla27's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 880



Internutt wrote: View Post

>Daily Mail

lol, no

How about a real source?

Like:

https://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/...eg/feedandfood
What would you class as a real source? A left-wing paper?
BlaBla27 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:38 AM #86
Digifiend's Avatar
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,129
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,129



Huh? He said a paper wasn't a real source and then linked to a government website... sources don't get any better than that.

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Speaking of stupidity, Digitalspy have actually made the question of whether or not we can still enter the Eurovision song contest an article

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/euro...k-still-enter/
Not sure that's so stupid - I've already had to answer that question earlier in this thread.
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:59 AM #87
krizbii's Avatar
> krizbii
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 63
krizbii
Power Ranger
krizbii's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 63



Europe and the European Union are completely different things, Eurovision is totally unrelated to the EU so it is kind of stupid. While a lot of young people are complaining that the older ones don't realise what they've done to their future, a lot of those same complainers are completely ignorant, don't seem to know themselves and think we have to pull out of the football, can't go on holiday and anyone from another country isn't welcome in the UK anymore.
krizbii is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 09:05 AM #88
Digifiend's Avatar
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,129
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,129



But if people thought those things, wouldn't they have voted Remain?
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 09:34 AM #89
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,044
eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,044
eBay



BlaBla27 wrote: View Post

Stuff like we're not allowed to sell Bananas with curves:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4CaaDz6cc
Despite it not being true? I mean, surely you've seen that we do in fact have bananas for sale? Why did you chose to believe that falsehood despite seeing with your own, actual eyes nothing but curved bananas for sale for literally your entire life?

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Here in the UK a wave of American sodas were banned in early 2015 because of a sweetening agent (sodium benzoate) the EU decided is no longer allowed. It's hardly world-ending, but it's an "average joe" example of being not allowed things because of laws we didn't make and can't change.

I voted to leave the EU, and I'm glad I did. Other countries are now looking to have their own referendums and potentially vote out after seeing us do it.
That would be pretty scary if it were true. I just Googled it and the Food Standards agency web page for approved additives has it as, y'know, approved.

https://www.food.gov.uk/science/additives/enumberlist

The ban was in fact a voluntary ban called for by the UK Food Standards Agency as a result of study they carried out. The EU instruction was to apply an advisory notice on food products containing it. They didn't ban it.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 09:39 AM #90
Digifiend's Avatar
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,129
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,129



Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

Despite it not being true? I mean, surely you've seen that we do in fact have bananas for sale? Why did you chose to believe that falsehood despite seeing with your own, actual eyes nothing but curved bananas for sale for literally your entire life?
It's the same with cucumbers. This shape ( is fine. This shape C is not. And that's stupid.
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 09:44 AM #91
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,044
eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
Sadsmileyface's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,044
eBay



Digifiend wrote: View Post

It's the same with cucumbers. This shape ( is fine. This shape C is not. And that's stupid.
If you were presented with a choice between the two, which would you prefer to buy?

The instruction to not sell malformed produce was clearly to protect consumers from producers who would sell subpar merchandise. There's nothing wrong with standards. To peddle this as if bendy bananas were banned is just plain misleading.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:01 AM #92
HowlingSnail's Avatar
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,817
HowlingSnail
Power Ranger
HowlingSnail's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,817



Sadsmileyface wrote: View Post

If you were presented with a choice between the two, which would you prefer to buy?

The instruction to not sell malformed produce was clearly to protect consumers from producers who would sell subpar merchandise. There's nothing wrong with standards. To peddle this as if bendy bananas were banned is just plain misleading.
The Leave campaign loved misleading people though so it's consistent at the very least.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:21 AM #93
Apollo's Avatar
> Apollo
Oh Well!
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 515
Apollo
Oh Well!
Apollo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 515



There is 1 EU rule that annoyed me, they made it so any homeopathic medicine needed extra licencing to be purchased, i used to use some anti allergy meds that really helped me. Once the EU brought out that rule they are no longer produced as while it was a profitable item it would not have been with all the extra licencing.
Apollo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:21 AM #94
Digifiend's Avatar
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,129
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,129



HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

The Leave campaign loved misleading people though so it's consistent at the very least.
So did the Remain campaign. Project Fear, they called it.
Digifiend is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:29 AM #95
JaimeZeo's Avatar
> JaimeZeo
K, then.
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,264
JaimeZeo
K, then.
JaimeZeo's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,264



Digifiend wrote: View Post

So did the Remain campaign. Project Fear, they called it.
No, that's what the fucking clown that pulled this whole power play, Boris Johnson, called it, en-route to becoming the next prime minister later this year. Funny how these things come about, isn't it?
JaimeZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:36 AM #96
WhiteMystechRanger's Avatar
> WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,497
WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal
WhiteMystechRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,497



BlaBla27 wrote: View Post

What would you class as a real source? A left-wing paper?
Obviously a link to the EU policy in question itself.

Instead of a questionable source's questionable interpretation of said policy.

Like what Sadsmileyface has done with his non bullshit source.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:42 AM #97
HowlingSnail's Avatar
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,817
HowlingSnail
Power Ranger
HowlingSnail's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,817



Digifiend wrote: View Post

So did the Remain campaign. Project Fear, they called it.
Given a lot of the prediction have already started coming true, and Farrage has actually admitted several of the things the Leave campaign said were lies, I think it's pretty obvious which side was misleading the public.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:42 AM #98
Apollo's Avatar
> Apollo
Oh Well!
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 515
Apollo
Oh Well!
Apollo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 515



Digifiend wrote: View Post

So did the Remain campaign. Project Fear, they called it.
Thing is because remain was the government's official stance they were allowed access to all records, where leave were not. In theory remain should have had all the cards and been able to back everything up with proper statistics as to why it was in the best interests for the country to stay, they failed completely on this and ended up only producing scare tactics without any backup evidence. In the end even the Chancellor ended up threatening to bully people by producing such a negative budget if we left that would have to come into force.

The EU stock markets ended up in a worse position than our own after the result was confirmed.
Apollo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:50 AM #99
Judge Joker's Avatar
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,997
4
Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!
Judge Joker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,997
4



Both sides ran a version of "Project Fear". And both sides were just shit at inspiring people as well. This referendum could've been an exciting experience for Britian and helping it examine its' place in the world. Instead, both Stronger In and Vote Leave ran fear-based campaigns aimed merely at derailing each other.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 11:35 AM #100
Toast's Avatar
> ⚡Toast
J U S T I C E
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,437
Toast
J U S T I C E
Toast's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,437



It looks like tensions might be on the rise in this thread, so let's keep things polite in here people.

Topical conversation on a big moment is good to have, so don't make us close this thread.
Toast is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
brexit, insanity wins, nero fiddled as rome fell

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.