Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2016, 09:11 AM #61
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,853
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,853
eBay



AkibaGold wrote: View Post

I'm probably going to get Hell for this, but I'd like to see Henry Cavill as Bond. He did a good job in Man from U.N.C.L.E. playing a Bond-like character IMO, and that's been on my mind ever since I saw that movie. Plus Cavill wants to play Bond.

http://movieweb.com/henry-cavill-jam...-007-superman/
But, would DC/WB allow him to be in another major franchise like Bond while he's still playing Superman?
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2016, 09:13 AM #62
TheRandomOne's Avatar
> TheRandomOne
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 478
TheRandomOne
Banned
TheRandomOne's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 478



GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

But, would DC/WB allow him to be in another major franchise like Bond while he's still playing Superman?
He's most likely done for a while after Justice League Part 2 (if that even gets made depending on how Part 1 goes) since theres no Superman solo for a long while he will be freed
TheRandomOne is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2016, 09:24 AM #63
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,651
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,651



Yeah the thing about James Bond was that the character was always meant to be a male empowerment fantasy since Day 1. It's been central to the portrayal of the character. Having Bond being female...kinda detracts from a fundamental aspect of the character.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2016, 09:28 AM #64
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,148
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,148



Dr. Who 07 wrote: View Post

since everyone jumped on Dr. Who about it
bond needs to be a woman!!!!

"james" could be nickname


Announcer- His toughest mission yet. Undergoing surgery to become a woman to infiltrate Blofeld's compound


James Bond. Pioneer for Transgender rights.


Heck if Bond can be made to look Japanese he can handle becoming a woman
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 12:53 PM #65
LuigiEspadachin's Avatar
> LuigiEspadachin
Kiva: 0% DK: 0%
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 549
LuigiEspadachin
Kiva: 0% DK: 0%
LuigiEspadachin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 549



Hell, M wasn't a woman in the original books and no one seemed to mind Judi Dench. So why not a black or female Bond?

As for who to replace Craig...it'd be interesting to see someone who could play a more comedic type Bond seeing as fun seems to be in at the moment. I'll throw one name out here for the lulz. David Tennant.
LuigiEspadachin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 12:56 PM #66
Dr. Who 07's Avatar
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,226
Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper
Dr. Who 07's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,226



that was a sarcastic post btw
Dr. Who 07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 12:59 PM #67
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,853
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,853
eBay



LuigiEspadachin wrote: View Post

Hell, M wasn't a woman in the original books and no one seemed to mind Judi Dench. So why not a black or female Bond?
M is a supporting character, not the main character. M can be anyone, since the stories aren't centering on M. Bond, however, has always been the epitome of masculinity. A true man's man, drinking martinis, seducing woman. If you suddenly change James Bond to Jane Bond or Jamie Bond, it just wouldn't be the same. Race would not matter, but Bond should remain played by a male.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 01:43 PM #68
krizbii's Avatar
> krizbii
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 63
krizbii
Power Ranger
krizbii's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 63



M isn't the same character, there's no issue with a woman earning that role in MI6, Dench was M, Fiennes replaced her, but they were both in Skyfall together, same with Q, that could easily be a woman as anyone can perform the role of Quartermaster, Ben Wishaw isn't playing the same role as Desmond Llewellyn.

In the same way, there's an argument that James Bond is merely an alias for agent 007 rather than all the different Bond actors playing the exact same character, but while that could work to easily explain a black Bond, using that alias for a female 007 would be ridiculous for a woman (although using the same alias for multiple different people for over half a century would be pretty stupid for an intelligence agency too).

Maybe they should try a new 006 called Alice Tevelyan.
krizbii is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 01:50 PM #69
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,663
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,663



krizbii wrote: View Post

Maybe they should try a new 006 called Alice Tevelyan.
For England Jane?
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 02:00 PM #70
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,564
Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,564



krizbii wrote: View Post

M isn't the same character, there's no issue with a woman earning that role in MI6, Dench was M, Fiennes replaced her, but they were both in Skyfall together, same with Q, that could easily be a woman as anyone can perform the role of Quartermaster, Ben Wishaw isn't playing the same role as Desmond Llewellyn.

In the same way, there's an argument that James Bond is merely an alias for agent 007 rather than all the different Bond actors playing the exact same character, but while that could work to easily explain a black Bond, using that alias for a female 007 would be ridiculous for a woman (although using the same alias for multiple different people for over half a century would be pretty stupid for an intelligence agency too).

Maybe they should try a new 006 called Alice Tevelyan.
As much as I like the codename idea, I subscribe to the theory that it's been the same man since 1962. Stuff like Roger Moore's Bond visiting Lazenby's Bond's Wife, Pierce Brosnan's Bond looking at the Thunderball jetpack and saying "wonder if this still works?" Bond continuity doesn't take itself seriously.

Even with Craig's "reboot", we've still got/had M from Brosnan years, he still has the Aston Martin from the Connery years. Even M's remarks of "you've been playing this game too long" make no sense if Bond's only been a 00 for a couple years.

Really, what they're asking the audience to accept is that it's been the same man all along and he's inexplicably remained 40ish but nobody ever brings it up. That's why I don't think a woman Bond, or even a black Bond is a good idea.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 03:17 PM #71
Red Rock's Avatar
> Red Rock
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,324
Red Rock
Power Ranger
Red Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,324



Maybe Bond has a son and passes the torch to him?
Red Rock is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 03:33 PM #72
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,443
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,443



Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Really, what they're asking the audience to accept is that it's been the same man all along and he's inexplicably remained 40ish but nobody ever brings it up.
But you've already accepted how silly that is. The different body types, the different hair, the extremely different frames of time in which each iteration exists, yet the audience has fully signed on to the idea that it's been the exact same man all along.

Why then does all that somehow change just because he has a new skin color?
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:07 PM #73
Digifiend's Avatar
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 16,746
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop
Digifiend's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 16,746



The Bond films clearly run on comic book time.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:15 PM #74
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,564
Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,564



Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

But you've already accepted how silly that is. The different body types, the different hair, the extremely different frames of time in which each iteration exists, yet the audience has fully signed on to the idea that it's been the exact same man all along.

Why then does all that somehow change just because he has a new skin color?
That's a bit of a leap. We know there's not a lab full of Sean Connery clones, so when a new actor is cast they won't look identical to the previous, but they're all very similar. Changing his skin colour isn't the same.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:24 PM #75
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,148
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,148



Red Rock wrote: View Post

Maybe Bond has a son and passes the torch to him?
He has a nephew....





.....he learned the game from his uncle James,
now hes heir to the name,
James Bond (Bond, James Bond Jr.)
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:27 PM #76
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,564
Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!
Spoony Spoonerson's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,564



Jeez. Don't give Sony any ideas, they'll likely try to turn James Bond into a "Cinematic Universe" with this.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:34 PM #77
Red Rock's Avatar
> Red Rock
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,324
Red Rock
Power Ranger
Red Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,324



Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

He has a nephew....

.....he learned the game from his uncle James,
now hes heir to the name,
James Bond (Bond, James Bond Jr.)
They should make a live action version of that cartoon along side the James Bond films, for teenagers and younger children. Similar to Agent Cody Banks and Spy Kids etc.
Red Rock is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:42 PM #78
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,148
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,148



Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Jeez. Don't give Sony any ideas, they'll likely try to turn James Bond into a "Cinematic Universe" with this.
Blofeld teams up with an alien that M.I.B is trying to catch. The 21 jump street guys are in New York on vacation. Spider-man shows up.


*Mic Drop*
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 08:06 PM #79
The Blue Enforcer's Avatar
> The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,034
The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet
The Blue Enforcer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,034



Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Really, what they're asking the audience to accept is that it's been the same man all along and he's inexplicably remained 40ish but nobody ever brings it up. That's why I don't think a woman Bond, or even a black Bond is a good idea.
James Bond's a Time Lord whose Tardis is disguised as an Aston Martin. He regenerates off-screen, between movies.
The Blue Enforcer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2016, 08:35 PM #80
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,651
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,651



Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

As much as I like the codename idea, I subscribe to the theory that it's been the same man since 1962. Stuff like Roger Moore's Bond visiting Lazenby's Bond's Wife, Pierce Brosnan's Bond looking at the Thunderball jetpack and saying "wonder if this still works?" Bond continuity doesn't take itself seriously.

Even with Craig's "reboot", we've still got/had M from Brosnan years, he still has the Aston Martin from the Connery years. Even M's remarks of "you've been playing this game too long" make no sense if Bond's only been a 00 for a couple years.

Really, what they're asking the audience to accept is that it's been the same man all along and he's inexplicably remained 40ish but nobody ever brings it up. That's why I don't think a woman Bond, or even a black Bond is a good idea.
Either that or we accept the idea of the 007 Legends game being canon:

That Bond-Craig HAS been going on missions that are roughly the same as the events of all the previous movies. And they all happened in between the events of QoS and Skyfall.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:27 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.