It'll probably be the title and cast.
Oh, yeah, I forgot it isn't Eclipse.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2019, 02:16 PM #562
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

This one sounds promissing !!! no take credits to the last movies !
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 02:07 PM #563
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Good Morning America will have two major Bond scoops across Thursday and Friday. I suspect something similar will occur with Good Morning Britain
Title on Thursday. Press conference snippets on Friday?

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1120688853239652353

https://twitter.com/007/status/1121026657253494784

Coming tomorrow at 13:10 BST/05:10 PST, the #BOND25 Live Reveal from an iconic 007 location. Ask the cast a question using #BOND25
So this might be earlier than the GMA reveals

Last edited by Gold Samurai; April 24th, 2019 at 02:07 PM.
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:17 PM #564
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I'm probably going to miss the reveal live because I'll still be watching Endgame at that time
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2019, 05:25 AM #565
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Live stream of event taking place in Jamaica

No title today

Cast

Daniel Craig
Ralph Fiennes
Lea Seydoux
Ben Wishaw
Rory Kinnear
Naomie Harris
Jeffrey Wright
Dali Benssalah
Billy Magnussen
Ana de Armas
David Dencik
Rami Malek
Lashana Lynch

Last edited by Gold Samurai; April 25th, 2019 at 05:40 AM.
Old April 25th, 2019, 06:46 AM #566
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

Jeffrey Wright
It's about time. We havent seen Felix since Quantum of Solace.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 25th, 2019, 09:58 AM #567
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

So the film starts off in Jamaica, making it the third Bond film set there, and they even built a house exclusively for Bond to use in the movie, probably means it gets blown up.
Old April 25th, 2019, 09:12 PM #568
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Like many, I too am disappointed that the title wasn't revealed at the press conference but at least, Felix is returning and that the rumours of Rami Malek joining the cast, so can't wait to see this next year.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2019, 02:35 AM #569
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

First photos of on-set filming with Craig

https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/bond...ns-na-jamaica/
Old May 14th, 2019, 04:15 PM #570
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Filming has reportedly been suspended as Daniel Craig has been injured on set. These reports are unconfirmed.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...ry-1203214273/
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 08:30 PM #571
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Filming has reportedly been suspended as Daniel Craig has been injured on set. These reports are unconfirmed.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...ry-1203214273/
The whole reason Craig's retiring from the role. LOL
Old May 15th, 2019, 08:03 PM #572
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

"6th James Bond to regenerate due to slipping on a banana peel"

"Richard Madden will sport a blonde wig for the regeneration scene"

Old May 15th, 2019, 09:28 PM #573
> Nerdboy
Yeah, I got nothin'

Nerdboy
Yeah, I got nothin'

So the next Bond will be a Scottish version of Roger Moore then? I'm.......not unhappy with that.
Nerdboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:55 PM #574
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Nerdboy wrote: View Post

So the next Bond will be a Scottish version of Roger Moore then? I'm.......not unhappy with that.
He would be the second Scottish actor to play him as well.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 07:21 AM #575
> BluePR
Power Ranger

BluePR
Power Ranger

Why do you think the Craig Bond (though not all his films) was pretty widely liked, even considered best since Connery, while Dalton Bond was widely considered a failure? They both were attempts to take the franchise back to the basics, darker and grittier rather than more fantasy-blockbuster-adventure as Brosnan and Moore had been.

It's probably most likely that Dalton was too soon or Craig just more charismatic, could be something else.
BluePR is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 07:57 AM #576
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

BluePR wrote: View Post

Why do you think the Craig Bond (though not all his films) was pretty widely liked, even considered best since Connery, while Dalton Bond was widely considered a failure? They both were attempts to take the franchise back to the basics, darker and grittier rather than more fantasy-blockbuster-adventure as Brosnan and Moore had been.

It's probably most likely that Dalton was too soon or Craig just more charismatic, could be something else.
Dalton talks a bit about that on the Everything or Nothing documentary, saying parents complained they couldn't take their six year olds to see his films. Dalton wisely argued Bond was never meant for six year olds.

Even the first Brosnan movie is a little kinkier with Famke's character openly killing people during sexual intercourse
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:48 AM #577
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

It's probably most likely that Dalton was too soon
Bingo.

The late '80s was not grit central like today is. Millennials desperately want to take everything they like deathly seriously.
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:57 AM #578
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

It's probably most likely that Dalton was too soon
AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Bingo.

The late '80s was not grit central like today is. Millennials desperately want to take everything they like deathly seriously.
It also probably had to do with Dalton coming off of the much, MUCH more light-hearted and even family-friendly Moore-era.

Audiences were getting drop-kicked going into Dalton-era.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 01:50 AM #579
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

For Your Eyes Only

Now then, whether you personally liked the much more goofier tone in Moonraker...clearly EON did not. Moonraker made a lot of bank at the box office. At the time, and adjusting for inflation, Moonraker was the 4th highest grossing Bond movie out of all the movies that came out at that point (only getting knocked down to #5 by Skyfall). EON could have simply waved away any criticisms as they counted their sacks of money.

Yet they didnít.

They apparently listened to all the criticisms that Moonraker had gone too far off the rails from the franchiseís roots and mired way too much in its slapstick comedy. And through FYEO, seeked to correct it.

And this is why I like about EON over many of the big film studios. They are willing to listen to criticism about their movies, address them, AND fix them within the next movie. Even if they have all the reason not to, theyíll still pay attention to whatís said with earnest interest.

It even bleeds into modern films: The World is Not Enough went back to being more story-driven after criticisms of Tomorrow Never Dies having too much of a paper-thin story, or Skyfall removing the shaky-cam that was criticized in Quantum of Solace.

As for the movie itself...probably my second favorite Moore-era movie next to Spy Who Loves Me. Itís completely successful on bringing a more down-to-earth Bond story after the outlandish Moonraker. Yet it never goes TOO far into tonal whiplash and putting Moore in a Dalton or Craig-esque Bond movie. It still feels consistent with the past movies featuring Moore-Bond, and I feel this to be a complete success. I consider it to be one of the most underrated Bond movies.

Codename theory is Bullshit:

Right off the bat, the movie opens with Bond visiting the grave of Tracy Bond. And, unlike the brief reference in TSwLM, there is NO ambiguity about it: her name is printed, clear as daylight, on that gravestone, with her day of birth and death, with the latter corresponding to the year OHMSS took place.

So: if Moore-Bond truly was a different guy, why is he bothering to visit the grave of his theoretical-predecessor?

We Have All the Time in the World
:

So...something Iíve noticed with the Bond movies are that the ones that explicitly reference OHMSS tends to have some thematic tie-ins back to that movie.

In the case of FYEO, itís that of revenge.

The movie opens with Bond finally killing ďBlofeldĒ. But when he meets Melina and sees that sheís on her own path to revenge, and spends the whole movie trying to take her off that path. Admittedly, yes this jump seems strange if you consider the opening scene. Personally though...I believe that off-screen, Bond realized that he didnít feel any better about offing ďBlofeldĒ. That afterwards he still felt empty from the loss of Tracy.

And thatís why heís trying to stop Melina going through with her revenge. Itís not just the old ďkilling him wonít bring your parents backĒ, itís also for her mental well-being. To stop her from having a lifetime of worser anguish that sheís already feeling, AND the guilt from her killing people.

And in general, Moore-Bond being the one that is trying to move on from the tragedy of Tracyís death does make sense. That him escalating the quips and going back into womanizing is his way of dealing with and forgetting the pain. Thereís even a tragic element that her death was proof that the life he leads makes it impossible for him to settle down and have a normal life, so why bother trying again?

Theme song/opening sequence: For Your Eyes Only

...another ballad. Yaaaaay.

Which, to be fair, is probably one of the better ballads to be a Bond opening. Itís not just some quiet musing on love, but has a bit more energy and oomph to it. So of the openings that feature a ballad, this one is probably the better one.

The visuals...once again, not much to say. Itís the same series of saturated backgrounds with silhouettes of sexy women dancing across it. Not much else then that.

Villain: Kristatos

Ok Iíll admit: I...probably give Kristatos more of a pass then I should.

On his own heís a pretty bland villain. He doesnít have any notable eccentricities like Goldfinger or Scaramanga. Heís just...the leader of a smuggling ring. Thatís it. And I can admit that, once heís revealed as the villain, nothing really stands out.

And yet...I think the twist regarding him works. That at first glance he really does seem like another ally to Bond and is innocuous and helpful enough that it doesnít immediately register that he might be the true bad guy.

Henchman: Emile Locque

Gawd this henchman is so forgettable. He just...really doesnít do anything particularly memorable. Oh sure, he kills a bunch of throughout the course of the movie but he doesnít really do it in any way thatís noteworthy.

Only thing I can remember about him is his glasses and how Bond kills him...but thatís about it.

Bonus henchman: Eric Kriegler

Oh hey. A blonde, buff henchman...thatís a wooden hunk of cardboard. He, like many other blonde henchmen afterwards, just do...nothing for the movie aside from be there for Bond to fight.

Apparently none of them were able to get out from the shadow of Red Grant.

Bond girl: Melina Havelock

So with Melina, we have even further evolution on what a Bond girl could be. Tracey was the full realization of a Bond girl being their own full-fleshed character and not a pretty accessory to 007, Melina is when we have one that has their own full character arc.

While wanting revenge for her murdered parents is a simple one, it works in the movie. Sheís out for revenge for the death of her parents and is on the warpath to get there. The whole time Bond is trying to dissuade her from the road of revenge since heís been there before and knows thatís a dark road to go down. Sheís no slouch either, being a master of the crossbow and throughout the movie gains several impressive kills.

Bonus girl: Bibi Dahl

Conversely...why is Bibi here?

All she is is some teenager ice skater that has the hots for Bond and part of this weird element of Kristatos being her sponsor for her Olympic dreams...and thatís it. Her side of things has no impact on the plot. If her purpose was to be the annoying girl...well, thanks. I hate it.

The only good bit with her is the scene when she (somehow) breaks into Bondís hotel room, offers herself to him...but is promptly shut by Bond since, you know, even Bond has standards to not try to cradle-robÖ

*feels A View to a Kill creep up behind him*

GO AWAY YOU. I'LL GET TO YOU SOON ENOUGH

Ally: Columbo

Another great and entertaining ally for Bond. Guyís in the same vein as Kerim Bey and Draco before where heís this warm patriarchal figure of his organization, which is barely hiding a ruthless side to him. And I do dig his little quirk with the pistachio nuts heís always carrying around.

Random thoughts:

-The ďdelicatessen in stainless steelĒ comment...so from my understanding, this is in reference to mafia gangsters offering said delicatessens as a way to bribe people. And that this was EONís roundabout jab at McClory, that they wouldnít be intimidated by his legalistic huffing and puffing.

Either way itís an...odd term that does age the movie badly to newer audiences.
-Considering the Mediterranean setting and the focus on crime organizations, I do wonder if this movie was influenced at all by The Godfather movies. I admit itís a bit of stretch since when this movie came out, it was 7 years since The Godfather Part 2.

-The movie also has return of Cold War-esque plans-within-plans complexity. In this case, itís the nature of the misdirection and plot twist on who the villain is, Columbo or Kristatos, as well as their crime groups serving as a proxy war between the East and West. Which is reflective of the actual tactics the two sides of the Cold War would do.

-So...remember what I said about how I have no issue with campy and silly scenes in Bond as long as theyíre done well? And how one of my issues with Moonraker is that its camp was done badly?

Well, FYEO has a scene where it was done better: the car chase scene with Melinaís CitroŽn. It is extremely silly as the cars have to navigate these tiny roads, winding down a hill filled with olive trees, and getting assisted by the local townspeople to keep the goons off of them.

Take it as is, it IS very silly and camp...but what puts it in stark contrast to, say, the gondola chase in Moonraker is the greater sense of tension and stakes in this scene. Bond has to navigate through unfamiliar and difficult terrain, and in a vehicle heís not used to and isnít as tricked out as the usual toys from Q Branch. While it is funny to see all of the goonsí cars flipping over and getting totalled, there is the sense that if Bond isnít on point with his driving he could end up as bad as they did.

-While the skiing chase scene doesnít quite top a similar scene from OHMSS, it is still pretty top notch as Bond has to navigate through the winter sports events, packed with civilians.

-Actually, I would say most of the action scenes in FYEO are solid stuff. The skiing chase, the shootout in Kristatosí warehouses, and even the infiltration of the monastery are all good stuff.

-So...the scene where Bond kicks Locque off of a cliff.

Moore and director John Glen famously debated over this scene and whether this was in-character with Moore-Bond. Moore being very against him doing it, but against all the odds Glen was able to convince him to go through the scene. Personally...I think this makes perfect sense for Moore-Bond. Up to this point, he knows Locque not only killed a fellow agent, but also murdered an unarmed woman in cold blood. I think the dude has every right to be mad at Locque and kill him himself.

-The destruction of the tricked out Lotus Esprit near the beginning of the movie is considered to be the big symbolic declaration of the movie that they were dispensing with the over-the-top camp of the previous Moore movies. But for me, the scene that symbolizes this the most is the monastery infiltration.

While in past movies, normally base invasions are these big action set-piece moments filled with army vs army action like in YOLT or TSwLM. Here though itís a quiet, stealthy affair. Where Bond only has a handful of other people at their side and being outnumbered by Kristatosí men. So they need to pick off all the guards quickly and quietly. Itís tense and thrilling in a different way, and even shows off the vulnerability of Bond as he tries to climb up the cliff the monastery sits on.

-I do love the nature of the little cameo with Gogol. His good-hearted laugh at Bond destroying the ATAC to me showed his mutual respect of Bondís ability as an agent, and his cheek for going with the ďwe both lostĒ options.

-The Margaret Thatcher parody at the end is...very very silly.

So yeah, great little underrated movie of the Bond franchise. Next time though we get to the movie I feel the most...conflicted about, Octopussy. No it has nothing to do with the title.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 17th, 2019, 02:46 AM #580
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Octopussy was on STV/ITV just the other week. Timely.