Home Menu

Menu

Old May 19th, 2016, 05:02 PM #21
> The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

The Blue Enforcer
Hack The Planet

Okay. Moving on . . .

The cool thing about Skyfall is that it introduced the idea that there are other MI-6 sleeper agents/00's in the field beside Bond. So there is a possibility that we can see some spin-off films for whole new characters.

Personally, I would like to see a spin-off film that would shed some light on the American CIA Agent, Felix Leiter.
The Blue Enforcer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:07 PM #22
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

...in its +50 year run, Bond hasn't needed to resort to a cinematic universe. I think we'll be fine without one.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:18 PM #23
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

TheRandomOne wrote: View Post

Race changing James Bond is like race changing Superman & Batman you just dont do it
I rarely "lol" literally.

Remember when grumpy, old guys campaigned against Craig...because he was blonde?
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:20 PM #24
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

I have to ask why that was a laugh-inducing moment, because I feel like I need to reply with, have they? With Batman and Superman at all in the last 80 or so years. Have they? It's not like it's an incorrect observation.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:22 PM #25
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

Peter wrote: View Post

I have to ask why that was a laugh-inducing moment, because I feel like I need to reply with, have they? With Batman and Superman at all in the last 80 or so years. Have they? It's not like it's an incorrect observation.
Yeah but just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't. There's nothing that says Superman or Batman or Bond need to be white. Just like there was never anything to say Johnny Storm couldn't be black. I mean they'll probably never do it because of people who actually say things like "you don't race change a white character" but it's not like it would be bad if it happened. Saying things like that just comes ignorant and borderline racist.
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:25 PM #26
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

My top choice is any newcomer. Of the actors I know who immediately give off the perfect vibe, I only come up with the Superman from U.N.C.L.E., Henry Cavill. He's pretty much franchise'd out.

Second choice is Idris Elba. My only problem with him is his age, doesn't seem like the right choice to begin a new decade+ of films.

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

...in its +50 year run, Bond hasn't needed to resort to a cinematic universe. I think we'll be fine without one.
And if we did, it starts with Joanna Dark, duh.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:29 PM #27
> dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

Earth 23 has a black Superman and Batman and I believe Earth 2 current Superman is black as well. So it has happened in someway or form. It's like Kaigan said those characters doesn't have to be white they could be any race. Just like James Bond.
dark ranger 86 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:38 PM #28
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

"You just don't do it" is laughable because it's wrong. Like. "Blacks just don't share a bathroom with whites" type comment.

I wasn't surprised by who said it, either.
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:48 PM #29
> TheRandomOne
Banned

TheRandomOne
Banned

hasso_opitz wrote: View Post

"You just don't do it" is laughable because it's wrong. Like. "Blacks just don't share a bathroom with whites" type comment.

I wasn't surprised by who said it, either.
Idris Elba is currently getting a lot of heat for The Dark Tower movie would he do another race changing role especially another fan favorite role KNOWING he will get MORE HEAT like he is getting now ? Although 2 be fair Idris Elba is kinda one of the last problems on a list of a whole lot of problems with the The Dark Tower movie lol but he will certainly be no stranger 2 bad fan reactions lol
TheRandomOne is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:49 PM #30
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

Idris Elba is currently getting a lot of heat for The Dark Tower movie would he do another race changing role especially another fan favorite role KNOWING he will get MORE HEAT like he is getting now ? Although 2 be fair Idris Elba is kinda one of the last problems on a list of a whole lot of problems with the The Dark Tower movie lol but he will certainly be no stranger 2 bad fan reactions lol
A good actor doesn't turn down a role just because of flack they may get. They take the role because they want to play the character. If you are turning down a role because of the backlash, then you are turning it down for the wrong reasons and I will probably lose some respect for you. Besides, Idris didn't choose to change the race of the character, the production team did. Why the hell should you give shit to Idris for that?
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:51 PM #31
> dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

Only racist would be dishing out the heat.
dark ranger 86 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:52 PM #32
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

Hey, remember when Elba got flak for playing a alien God in a comicbook movie and how he managed to blow them away?

Same principle.

Last edited by MerCurryMeme; May 19th, 2016 at 06:00 PM.
MerCurryMeme is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:52 PM #33
> ZEO16
Powered up for more!

ZEO16
Powered up for more!

I like Paul Bettany personally more than Hardy or Loki,

I think Idris Elba is a good actor but he seems more like a cunning villain. Or maybe he was just good at being mean to him on the office.

Feeling like I gotta agree with the above poster and for a new bond we Might need someone younger.
ZEO16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:53 PM #34
> TheRandomOne
Banned

TheRandomOne
Banned

Kaigan wrote: View Post

A good actor doesn't turn down a role just because of flack they may get. They take the role because they want to play the character. If you are turning down a role because of the backlash, then you are turning it down for the wrong reasons and I will probably lose some respect for you. Besides, Idris didn't choose to change the race of the character, the production team did. Why the hell should you give shit to Idris for that?
Can't blame fans if they want faithful movies of stories & characters they love & its okay if its White 2 Black but White 2 anything else is not & thats not how it works
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:54 PM #35
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

Can't blame fans if they want faithful movies of stories & characters they love & its okay if its White 2 Black but White 2 anything else is not & thats not how it works
Then that's on the people watching for not being open-minded enough to look past the race of someone and appreciate the movie for what it is, and it's sounding an awful lot like you're one of those people that puts race above everything else, and that's just really sad. And that's all I'm going to say about it.
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:57 PM #36
> TheRandomOne
Banned

TheRandomOne
Banned

Kaigan wrote: View Post

Then that's on the people watching for not being open-minded enough to look past the race of someone and appreciate the movie for what it is, and it's sounding an awful lot like you're one of those people that puts race above everything else, and that's just really sad. And that's all I'm going to say about it.
Welp it will always be the Box Office that ironically suffers just about every single time this happens
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:58 PM #37
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

MerCurrySoul wrote: View Post

Same principal.
Actually, it's a different one, the one with -le at the end.

Old May 19th, 2016, 05:58 PM #38
> ZEO16
Powered up for more!

ZEO16
Powered up for more!

What about the ancient one in Dr Strange? Isn't she different than the comic?

I don't watch the show but isn't the new doctor in dr who older than the last guy? So maybe we can get an older bond who's more smooth than action?
ZEO16 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:59 PM #39
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

Actually, it's a different one, the one with -le at the end.

Goddamn it, a great joke AND a speelcheck.

Gud in ya, Prmbo.
MerCurryMeme is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 06:10 PM #40
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Actually, I remember most people being totally on board with Ned Leeds becoming Asian and Liz Allan becoming latina.

Also, the idea of not blaming fans for desiring authenticity is entirely ridiculous. Half of all people loved Spider-Man having organic webbing as part of the Raimi origin story, and that wasn't at all faithful. Wolverine hasn't even come close to donning yellow spandex, not faithful. Tony Stark created Ultron, not faithful. The list goes on.

Nerds hate change, and I've made my peace with that. But nerds love well done projects, which is achieved whenever you hire the right person for the job. And if a character isn't defined by their heritage, like T'Challa or Shang-Chi or Kamala Khan are, we should all be more than willing to accept the erasure of the color line.