Home Menu

Menu

Old May 25th, 2016, 06:22 PM #81
> OrionPower2001
Charmed One

OrionPower2001
Charmed One

stealth_ranger wrote: View Post

So, I mean, Barry messing up the timeline by saving his mom last night HAS to affect Arrow now, right? That played out like a series finale, more so than a season finale.
I HIGHLY doubt we will see any impact from Barry's actions on "Arrow" or "Legends" for one main reason. Not everyone who watches "The Flash" watches "Arrow" or "Legends" and vise versa. No show runner in his right mind would make major changes to a series that require the viewing audience to watch another series in order to understand what is going on.
OrionPower2001 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:35 PM #82
> NeoZeoRedRanger
Power Ranger

NeoZeoRedRanger
Power Ranger

RedRobin wrote: View Post

I am going to pretend that Flashpoint retcons Felicity out of existence.
Am I the only person who likes Felicity? Cause by the comments like this, I feel very lonely being a fan of hers.
NeoZeoRedRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:36 PM #83
> ilikepiex7
Power Ranger

ilikepiex7
Power Ranger

pretty sure Barry changing history would of meant that Oliver would of died during season 2 since Barry wouldn't of been there to save Oliver when Oliver got poisoned
ilikepiex7 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:43 PM #84
> TokuConvoy
Power Ranger

TokuConvoy
Power Ranger

NeoZeoRedRanger wrote: View Post

Am I the only person who likes Felicity? Cause by the comments like this, I feel very lonely being a fan of hers.
I don't think it's hating Felicity herself I think it's just hating what she has become. She has become very hypocritical and almost a Mary Sue sort of character and her relationship with Oliver. Also there is a strong dislike for her taking up a good majority of the penultimate episode of the season finale. What is what I've heard and some what scene is some of the same Community namely the olicity shippers praising Guggenheim for what he's done with his solicitor and he ha ran with it. People are not also happy with the Dead character pushing the relationship on their Deathbed. Also doesn't help that the great person's death haven't really had much of an impact on the characters except the episode after of the death

Personally I enjoyed Felicity for what I remember of season 1 and 2 but this past season has really opened my eyes to how she's been kind of shoehorned into things. Usually I'm kind of oblivious to stuff like that at first glance but after talking with a friend it's become more and more apparent to me.

So the short version of your question is people of like Felicity but they don't like the direction she's heading in.

That being said, this finale was not exciting for me. I really didn't feel any of the steaks especially with the way of the time of day past in relation to the nuke threat. Unfortunately when I talk to friend how I feel about the CW shows is Flash k"heck yeah this is awesome"; Legends have a smart big smile across my face the whole episode because of the characters, but Arrow just leaves me with a meh k7nd of feeling.
TokuConvoy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:50 PM #85
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

no most i think like me are just tired of people putting us down if we can't come up with a three page essay of the things we like & why

i personally refer to this thread as the "i hate arrow" thread
because that seems to be what most of the posts are about most of the time
i honestly can't even tell you why i still read it.
Dr. Who 07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:28 PM #86
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

The finale was decent in wrap up but a few things bugged me. Mostly that they did the "city rises up to defend itself" trope DKR rip again, against armed and trained fighters this time. Who could have and should have just mowed down everyone before they even got close enough to fight back. Once is one thing, a neighborhood against local hoods kind of works, but this was just straight up ripping Batman vs Bane. I really hated the idea the town would suddenly rise up and rally behind GA by saying "get out". Like that was the harshest thing they could think of. It was weakly written.

Also why did the HIVE ghosts even show up? How are they still working for Darhk after all that? Why wouldn't they be fleeing the blast radius?

I'm also not really sure what the tattoo did, was it what kept Oliver from being possessed by the darkness of the totem?

My biggest peeve is that once again, Merlyn gets in a "forgive me" moment.

It often feels like people sometimes confuse the issue of Olicity being badly written as being Felicity's fault. On her own? She's an awesome character, made as Ollie's girlfriend and they forget how to write her. Last few episodes have been great for her.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:35 PM #87
> TheRandomOne
Banned

TheRandomOne
Banned

The good old days

TheRandomOne is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:49 PM #88
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

If you're going to rant against Felicity, at least explain your problem, don't just post pictures.
Old May 25th, 2016, 09:00 PM #89
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

My problem with Felicity is the fact that her family takes so much screentime in the show. It's unnecessary, there's a joke that the show is now called "Felicity & Friends" and it's easy to see why. Everything always comes back to her.

That being said, GG Arrow. I'm tapping out. Hopefully Flash is still good next season.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 09:02 PM #90
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Okay, so after seeing this finale.. I honestly can say that nothing really makes me look forward to what happens next for this show. Flash and Legends of Tomorrow had hooks to reel me in for their next seasons. This one just tells me Oliver is going to be Mayor when the season starts. That's.. about it. I see nothing else to really be excited for.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:44 PM #91
> J-Ranger
Let's go Blue Jays!!!

J-Ranger
Let's go Blue Jays!!!

I love the Arrowverse but this show sucks ha ha. The finale was weak and the season was forgettable. I really hope thd show bounces back in season 5. The flashbacks in theory should be good since its the final year on the island, hopefully the pacing makes sense. Earth 2 Laurel is locked up right or did she die?
J-Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2016, 10:58 PM #92
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

J-Ranger wrote: View Post

I love the Arrowverse but this show sucks ha ha. The finale was weak and the season was forgettable. I really hope thd show bounces back in season 5. The flashbacks in theory should be good since its the final year on the island, hopefully the pacing makes sense. Earth 2 Laurel is locked up right or did she die?
She's still locked up in the S.T.A.R. Labs pipeline, which might not be a thing at the beginning of Flash season 3.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 01:47 AM #93
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I know the show told me to be excited, but I couldn't find it within myself.

As Oliver himself pointed out, we've been here over and over again. The city gets taken over by evil, and the citizens have to rise up and defeat them, so they shouldn't be falling apart and fighting amongst themselves at this point. But I will allow it, since it was very odd to rally faith when not only Star City, but every location on the planet was about to be nuked, so losing complete confidence made sense.

The final battle missed some key points that would have made it perfect. One, Oliver not using hope to power his magic, instead having it weaken Darhk's magic, lame. Two, Oliver not mentioning that they BOTH were former members of the League of Assassins, so their fighting prowess was about even anyway. And three, on the same subject, Oliver killed Ra's al Ghul and the writers keep ignoring that for some weird reason, who cares that he killed Darhk too?

I didn't like a lot of the logic either. First, there were two instances where everyone was thinking for Laurel, and the writers painted her as this consistent conscience of the team when I was there and it was mainly hypocrisy the majority of the time. Then there was the writers yet again pointing to the idea of the "OG" Team Arrow, as though they really want us to understand they were forced by the executives to include more heroes and that if we hate the cast now it wasn't their fault. But speaking of the cast, what little Curtis did and said was still terrific and we're gonna need him with the others bugging out.

And was I the only one severely underwhelmed by Ryder's death? I didn't even know he was dead until Ollie killed Taiana.
Please, God, let Russia and the Bratva plot make up for the slog these flashbacks have been the past two years.

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Also why did the HIVE ghosts even show up? How are they still working for Darhk after all that? Why wouldn't they be fleeing the blast radius?
They were still drugged, weren't they? Wouldn't that make them do whatever the hell Darhk wanted?
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 05:15 AM #94
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

No, but she's achieved "popular to hate" status thanks to her arc with Oliver - which is also in the past and not even a factor anymore, so it's irrelevant, but fanboys don't care about that.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 05:15 AM #95
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

The finale was okay. I liked Oliver actually making the 'Come on lets pull together' speech cause usually this would be done by the hero identity not the civilian. I'm hoping this shows the potential for Oliver as Mayor to actually do stuff and do some good, not needing GA to be the only one resolving issues in the city.

Honestly Flash, Arrow, and Supernatural all kinda felt similar in terms of their finales not exactly wowing me. All fine, but there was just some issues that...I don't know. Just odd that all three felt the same.

Anyhow! I did enjoy how everyone was getting involved and played a part in saving the city and stopping the nukes. And while it's overused or just copied, I liked GA having the citizens come in and fight the ghosts while he beat up Darhk. A little strange since yeah, it was used last season in the Glades but still I thought it made sense. And sure, the ghosts should've started shooting everyone but oh well it's a comic book show. I think though in terms of Oliver killing Darhk, it wasn't about it being this huge deal because he doesn't kill, forgetting he had killed Ra's last season. I think it's just that Oliver knows there could come a time and place where killing is necessary. He isn't going to refuse simply to not kill, but at the same time he isn't going to go back more to his S1 roots and not care whether he kills people or not. Which I'm good with, it makes sense to me, for Oliver's character.

And...the team is down to two. Though Thea and Diggle will most likely be back in the premiere when the new threat rears its ugly head and Mayor Arrow can't take it down himself, so I'm not worried it'll really change things much or for any length of time. If nothing Thea will probably be around just not suiting up. I am curious about what enemy they'll be facing next year, there's really no hints at all. I also hope whatever it is maybe is...more low key? Or at least I don't want another finale where the entire city is threatened to be destroyed or torn apart or something next year. Keep it lower, or more personal, something. But at the moment all we got is Oliver going to Russia in the flashbacks so guess that'll tie into what's going on in the present. I'm betting the earlier casting reports for a charasmatic but dangerous guy named James might come into play in the premiere and with the official mayor election come Aug which I'm assuming the show will start on.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 05:55 AM #96
> CrimsonEcho
Power Ranger

CrimsonEcho
Power Ranger

In this universe, Green Arrow is more of a street -level superhero. I didn't like how they did a world ending event for this season.
CrimsonEcho is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 05:58 AM #97
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

CrimsonEcho wrote: View Post

In this universe, Green Arrow is more of a street -level superhero. I didn't like how they did a world ending event for this season.
I get that, but at the same time, your villain has magic, and it's scary magic.

I really liked the finale, but the main thing on my mind is what both this and the Flash will be like in the fall. There's so much to deal with.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:08 AM #98
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

Please, God, let Russia and the Bratva plot make up for the slog these flashbacks have been the past two years.
The thing that concerns me about their flashback plan is that this year the flashback took place over maybe a month at the most. Hopefully they will end them after this next season, they've been unnecessary for a while and the retcons they add in for connection to the main story make things downright ridiculous. Especially when Oliver just ignores details or keeps people in the dark about his knowledge of things for the audience and no other reason.

What I'm kind of hopeful for is the idea doing the Russian mob story can connect to the main story next season. They've kind of reset here pretty well, no more magic or super terrorist attacks, bring it back to street level crime stories. Have Ollie try to stop the organized crime that has taken advantage of all the craziness to cement their power in the city. The kind of stuff that let Merlyn do the Undertaking in the first place.

Which, by the way, would the people on the street know that name and not just "The Glades Attack"?

They were still drugged, weren't they? Wouldn't that make them do whatever the hell Darhk wanted?
Were they drugged to begin with? It's been so confusing who was drugged or controlled. Even then though, where the hell were they that they just suddenly appeared behind Darhk like that, did he summon them? Such poorly done logistics of a scene here, it's like they didn't even try to think it out due to rushing or something.

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

No, but she's achieved "popular to hate" status thanks to her arc with Oliver - which is also in the past and not even a factor anymore, so it's irrelevant, but fanboys don't care about that.
You know, I don't think it's even the "popular to hate" thing you always go to. I think its worse than that. She's a strong fully developed multidimensional female character. I think there's a recurring voice online attacking her that have used the bungling of Olicity by the writers as an excuse to attack a female character like that. Not that its what everyone is doing or that its even being done here per se, but there's definitely a voice out there that is noticeably just anti-strong female characters and it seems to be pointed at Felicty.

CrimsonEcho wrote: View Post

In most universes he's a street level hero, fighting giant evil secret organizations works if its just stumbling into a plot here or there, but season long arcs against those organizations and their apocalypses, just seem a bit much for a guy with a bow and arrow.

dukemon22 wrote: View Post

I get that, but at the same time, your villain has magic, and it's scary magic.
You know what I think was a missed opportunity here? Ollie never got magic arrows. Magic Arrows are such a staple of magic artifact stories, you'd think it would have come up or even finding a way to tip his arrows in something that cancels out dark's magic. It would have been a great nod, especially with the Hawks out there, for Ollie to get some Nth metal tipped arrows that Darhk can't use magic on.
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:18 AM #99
> Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Man, i've been already getting some hate comments on my latest review for Arrow Season finale... This season wasn't great, but I felt it was at least better than Season 3.

I actually thought the finale was much more enjoyable than season 3's finale as well. And the final fight between Darhk and Oliver was done much better than his duel with Ra's.

Now, with that being said, I hope season 5 goes back to a more grounded tone. That's something that I think the problem is with Arrow right now. I feel maybe the magic and super powers element is not a great fit for the character and this show. I feel the show is trying to hard to fit in with Flash and Legends and it just needs to simply scale back to what made it work in the first place. By no having the characters handle these huge worldwide problems unless it's a crossover thing with one of the other shows.
Crazy Davey is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 08:31 AM #100
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

gosh that was a disappointing finale...

my tolerance snapped when Ollie jumped up on the car in the middle of the riot and calmed everyone within three seconds of speaking...

so, is the entire world de-nuclearized now?
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
#daddyissues