Home Menu

Menu

Old May 11th, 2016, 08:00 PM #41
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

chronoxiong wrote: View Post

I just noticed the flashback scenes for Oliver have stopped for the last two episodes or however many it was. Gives the viewers plenty of time to see how much chaos Star City has been having since Darkh escaped jail.
When Oliver was being "trained," he had a vision from the island of Taiana with her eyes glowing, the same way Oliver's did when he rejected Darkh's magic. So they're at least still previewing the flashbacks. They're still a presence. And the episode before last, the flashback focused on Laurel for obvious reasons.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 12:11 AM #42
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

One part of this episode made no sense. Why is it that they're trying to steal an item in the lab at PalmerTech (that Felicity specifically says it's Curtis' lab), when they could've just called Curtis to get it for them? He's in on their secret, he could've grabbed it and no security would've even been onto them. I guess because the writers thought it wouldn't have been as suspenseful?
I think a throw away line about him and his hubby being away on vacation or something could have fixed that
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 12:41 AM #43
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I can't believe we're at the endgame and still focused on Felicity's family. At this point, it feels like the writers don't even much care about what's supposed to be happening and just padding things.

And how the hell did Anarky get Under The Dome? Wouldn't sneaking in have been somehow magically prohibited like escaping apparently is? I wish I could care that the campaign manager's dead, but I just don't. I was also waiting for the part where Thea tried to kill Malcolm because said nuclear fire would burn her brother and everyone else she's ever cared about and it was extremely weird she was less annoyed about this than every other considerably less horrible thing he's ever done to her
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 12:52 AM #44
> Yellow Power
Yellow Ranger

Yellow Power
Yellow Ranger

I haven't watched the last 2 episodes but I've read the recaps and reviews and there was nothing on them that made me wanna watch the episodes. I think I'm pretty close to being over with this show... The only concern I have is not understanding things in future crossovers with Flash and Legends. Still I seem to finally have lost interest in this show, it's been decaying for the last two seasons and killing Black Canary was the last straw for me I think.

It's a pity because it was a superb show in season 2. If they could go back to action packed episodes instead of melodrama packed episodes I might regain interest.
Yellow Power is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 01:46 AM #45
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

I can't believe we're at the endgame and still focused on Felicity's family. At this point, it feels like the writers don't even much care about what's supposed to be happening and just padding things.

And how the hell did Anarky get Under The Dome? Wouldn't sneaking in have been somehow magically prohibited like escaping apparently is? I wish I could care that the campaign manager's dead, but I just don't. I was also waiting for the part where Thea tried to kill Malcolm because said nuclear fire would burn her brother and everyone else she's ever cared about and it was extremely weird she was less annoyed about this than every other considerably less horrible thing he's ever done to her
I think they are setting felicity up for something meaning the writers but at this point people who care about the smoak clan is the writers and the olicity shippers. But anyway alex is dead yay? How many dead boy toys is this now thea. Did anarky call thea mommy at one point?
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:19 AM #46
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

ZeoFan88 wrote: View Post

Did anarky call thea mommy at one point?
Two points. After Malcolm pointed out she was Speedy and contributed to the burns which made him the man he is today, he's now begun to recognize her as his mother in I assume the most Oedipean way.
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:58 AM #47
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Two points. After Malcolm pointed out she was Speedy and contributed to the burns which made him the man he is today, he's now begun to recognize her as his mother in I assume the most Oedipean way.
Ok, thanks for the explanation because i thought i heard him wrong. But that would make sense but when he said it i did a double take
Old May 12th, 2016, 03:22 AM #48
> AdzPower92
Power Ranger

AdzPower92
Power Ranger

I'm pretty much done with the show, I also haven't watched the past two episodes because killing off Laurel was the last straw, not to mention I've been reading up on those episodes and they haven't got stellar reviews surprise surprise. Kill off Felicity, resurrect Laurel or have her Earth 2 doppelganger become a main character and I will be back, even saying that though there is no point doing all this if the writing doesn't improve.
AdzPower92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 10:51 AM #49
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

I don't even know what to think of that episode. Just all over the place. I liked Anarky though, wish that would go somewhere though.

Did... did Felicity's mom tell Cap'n Lance signing that affidavit wouldn't be the end of his career? Like, come on, they finally get to a point of real consequence to the Laurel reveal and wave it away?

Man, I dropped Supergirl, and am on the fence with Legends. Arrow, don't give out on me now. The Berlantiverse is collapsing on itself. Why have Kevin Smith direct a Flash episode and not an Arrow one though?
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 11:04 AM #50
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Why have Kevin Smith direct a Flash episode and not an Arrow one though?
Now that the floodgates have opened, who knows? We just might get it.

There's a lengthy IGN interview with him about that process. Basically this whole thing started when Mewes freaked out over King Shark.
Old May 18th, 2016, 06:04 PM #51
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Meh episode. curtis barely saved the felicity plotline. Now her ex is back. Ugh. So donna lied to felicity ok. i'm really trying with this show still but it's getting harder. Felicity seemed like the a storyline tonight with oliver and co being the b plot.
Old May 18th, 2016, 06:38 PM #52
> CrimsonEcho
Power Ranger

CrimsonEcho
Power Ranger

Now that the floodgates have opened, who knows? We just might get it.

There's a lengthy IGN interview with him about that process. Basically this whole thing started when Mewes freaked out over King Shark.
The chance of Kevin doing a episode on Arrow is very low thanks to some fans: http://i.imgur.com/rCxYFFA.png
CrimsonEcho is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 06:52 PM #53
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

CrimsonEcho wrote: View Post

The chance of Kevin doing a episode on Arrow is very low thanks to some fans: http://i.imgur.com/rCxYFFA.png
Oh damn it. But whatever
Old May 18th, 2016, 07:30 PM #54
> RickyTang
Power Ranger

RickyTang
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88 wrote: View Post

Felicity seemed like the a storyline tonight with oliver and co being the b plot.
RickyTang is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 07:44 PM #55
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Haha. Nice, i honestly don't mean to be that fan but it's getting harder to watch this show become so involved with felicity and her family. I like donna smoak in small doses with lance for comic relief. But i don't care who left one in the smoak family dynamic.

On to the good i liked the preview for next week. also how many chances will thea give malcom before she kills him. God she gets drugged a lot. Hey anarky is still around calling thea mommy

I do like how they are trying to make felicity like she was in s1 and s2 but my god it's not working in my opinion
Old May 18th, 2016, 07:49 PM #56
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

CrimsonEcho wrote: View Post

That really wouldn't hinder his chances, he'll likely be there next season. Maybe not a two parter though.

Well that doesn't really seem to make sense at all.

Felicity getting time isn't a bad thing. Especially if its sans Oliver. She is a main character I don't understand the anger over giving her screen time. I get the no Olicity stuff, but her solo is awesome. Her with Holt is awesomer.

But yeah, its time to ditch the mother.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 07:58 PM #57
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

That really wouldn't hinder his chances, he'll likely be there next season. Maybe not a two parter though.

Well that doesn't really seem to make sense at all.

Felicity getting time isn't a bad thing. Especially if its sans Oliver. She is a main character I don't understand the anger over giving her screen time. I get the no Olicity stuff, but her solo is awesome. Her with Holt is awesomer.

But yeah, its time to ditch the mother.
Yeah, the mother was fine when she'd show up for a few scenes but now it's dumb. I like felicity's line to holt when she asked if he was drinking the beer. Made me chuckle, hopefully that's the last we see of her dad but the actress who plays the mom said felicity will be dealing with some smoak family drama in the finale.

Yay, ruve is dead. Also taina went crazy with power. Please get better flashbacks next year
Old May 19th, 2016, 01:07 AM #58
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

"Thea, fight the drugs!"
"...Okay."

This storyline resolved itself way too easily to have been worth the time they spent on it. Darhk devises this whole Stepford utopia literally under everyone's noses, it's absolutely key to the entire plan he's been working toward all season long, and he doesn't post at least, I don't know, ONE god damn guard to the entrance? And it wasn't even Ollie and Diggle who ruined everything, it was yet another loose end he left dangling in rogue nutbag Anarky. By the way, did anyone else notice that they were trying to save everyone from the city being destroyed, saved Ruve from Anarky which inadvertently destroyed the city, and Ruve was still stabbed by Anarky and the city destroyed anyway? Oh, and would someone please stop threatening Malcolm 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times and kill him already? #OMGhesnotgoingtochangeandnothingelsewilleverstophimjustbedonewiththegasbag nobodyhadaproblemwithrasalghulsdeathwhyarewestillonthisshitOMG

Oliver's rationale of Darhk giving people hope they couldn't is more than a bit flawed, though. Yes, the world sucks in many ways, but is glorious in so many more that the media never bothers to show because fear sells better. And the people following Darhk without the need for medication are plain zealots, they'll believe anything surrounding the end of days, especially when they're blissfully unaware of the heinous acts their messiah committed to get them all to that point, including the very thing that will bring about said end of days. Let's remember, the flood Noah's Ark survived was God's work, it might not have been looked back on so fondly if Noah himself purposefully caused it.

The Felicitcom really wasn't that bad, actually. Maybe it was my utter confusion/meh-itude at the Genesis story, but seeing all the good points both parents made about how things ended between them and how Felicity responded to them was pretty entertaining, only made far more so by Curtis. Does anyone else cheer at the screen when Curtis shows up?
Old May 19th, 2016, 01:53 AM #59
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

"Thea, fight the drugs!"
"...Okay."

This storyline resolved itself way too easily to have been worth the time they spent on it. Darhk devises this whole Stepford utopia literally under everyone's noses, it's absolutely key to the entire plan he's been working toward all season long, and he doesn't post at least, I don't know, ONE god damn guard to the entrance? And it wasn't even Ollie and Diggle who ruined everything, it was yet another loose end he left dangling in rogue nutbag Anarky. By the way, did anyone else notice that they were trying to save everyone from the city being destroyed, saved Ruve from Anarky which inadvertently destroyed the city, and Ruve was still stabbed by Anarky and the city destroyed anyway? Oh, and would someone please stop threatening Malcolm 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times and kill him already? #OMGhesnotgoingtochangeandnothingelsewilleverstophimjustbedonewiththegasbag nobodyhadaproblemwithrasalghulsdeathwhyarewestillonthisshitOMG

Oliver's rationale of Darhk giving people hope they couldn't is more than a bit flawed, though. Yes, the world sucks in many ways, but is glorious in so many more that the media never bothers to show because fear sells better. And the people following Darhk without the need for medication are plain zealots, they'll believe anything surrounding the end of days, especially when they're blissfully unaware of the heinous acts their messiah committed to get them all to that point, including the very thing that will bring about said end of days. Let's remember, the flood Noah's Ark survived was God's work, it might not have been looked back on so fondly if Noah himself purposefully caused it.

The Felicitcom really wasn't that bad, actually. Maybe it was my utter confusion/meh-itude at the Genesis story, but seeing all the good points both parents made about how things ended between them and how Felicity responded to them was pretty entertaining, only made far more so by Curtis. Does anyone else cheer at the screen when Curtis shows up?
He brings a sense of joy when he's on screen i'm just dreading when that joy is taken over by sadness because we know that's coming but just wait till season 6 for that. As much as i like barrowman as malcom i think it's finally time for him to die. I mean how many more time can thea get drugged?
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:16 AM #60
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

"Thea, fight the drugs!"
"...Okay."

Remember though, Darhk was in the process of the end game. Everyone was busy getting people situated downstairs, he was occupied with setting off Rubicon and then getting Rubicon back. Plus Darhk is a bit nuts especially now that he's super drunk on death magic. Not real surprising that entrance wasn't left guarded. Darhk is also fairy conceited so when Anarky disappeared after the last incident he put him out of his mind. Plus he was preoccupied with Oliver and getting Genesis going. It makes sense that he just wrote Anarky off, bigger things to worry about. Which is his fault, which clearly in this episode came back to bite his ass big time.

Yeah, I like Malcolm but I'm hoping he's killed next season. I mean I feel like there's no way to out the character other than death. Him just 'disappearing' wouldn't stop him from cropping up or people expecting him to, so yeah death. In this case though he served a purpose to keep around again. Oliver and crew needed him to handle the people and get them out. It's the whole, 'enemy of my enemy'. Or more that in this situation Malcolm was useful so killing him would've just been a waste of time and energy they didn't have. Then again who knows, maybe someone will off him in the finale.

I don't know if Oliver's thing about Darhk giving people hope is exactly flawed. Clearly Darhk was giving people hope in a better future while despite his best efforts Star City was still going under. Yes, Darhk was a part of that but Oliver hasn't really been making things significantly better. It's not really about there being good in the world that the media doesn't cover. Darhk, regardless of his actions, was making some people feel better and feel there was hope. I think the point wasn't that Oliver felt Darhk was doing things right in giving people hope exactly but the outcome of giving people hope is what he wants and lately he hasn't been doing that especially as GA.

Though this and Ruve's death continue to make me think Oliver at the end is possibly going to become mayor and then reveal he's Green Arrow in hopes of rallying the people of Star City as a way of giving them hope. Would lead into some fun stuff next season.

So the flashbacks seem to hint that we might indeed get Russia as the last year of flashbacks, or at least the exchange with Oliver and what's her name where he promises they'll go to Russia to deal with that person made me think that's what'll happen.

As for the Felicity parent drama stuff? Really don't see why it's a big deal. It was fun, and necessary. As was pointed out, Felicity is a main character it's cool for her to have storylines and things going on that don't directly involve Oliver. Plus with Noah showing up it's expected there'd be a confrontation between him and her mother after all these years. Also didn't feel Donna was overplayed. I mean really she just hung around for the first part and then I think really shined afterward when she's explaining how she took off in the past, and confronting Noah. Really it makes the most sense over all for Noah to scoot. He's a wanted felon so unless he just kept hiding around the city what else would he do? And we really don't need the possibility of him showing up when we have Super Hacker Felicity and Curtis, especially with Curtis being full time next season. I wouldn't mind him showing back up again though. I thought the whole thing was very much needed, it gave some progress for Felicity and while they could've made Thea's rescue a bit more complicated to fill the time, I thought that story was good as it was, simple.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
#daddyissues