Old March 10th, 2016, 09:10 PM #21
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Myzou wrote: View Post

Including Mistress 9 but not Sailor Saturn was an odd choice. Especially considering Mistress 9 was killed by Hotaru/Saturn shortly after Mistress 9 awakened.

Also, I always found it way too convenient that the girl Mistress 9 -completely by chance- inhabited was Sailor Saturn's reincarnation.
from what i remember, i think they had been searching for the reincarnated body of sailor saturn, that they had hoped to inhabit her so as to make mistress 9 a strong daimon....or something like that. i dont think it was by chance.
megagao is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 11:15 PM #22
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Alitain wrote: View Post

Long long time since I read the manga, so don't remember it well. Oh well though, it was really just random thoughts anyways.
From what I recall, the creator was mad they made the starlights the focus of the fifth season as she only ever intended them to be minor characters, and it was a major part of why she didn't allow the anime to continue.

megagao wrote: View Post

from what i remember, i think they had been searching for the reincarnated body of sailor saturn, that they had hoped to inhabit her so as to make mistress 9 a strong daimon....or something like that. i dont think it was by chance.
From what I recall, at least in the anime, it was completely by chance. Pharaoh 90 responded to her father's pleas for her life to be saved as an infant, and implanted Mistress 90 in her, which saved Hotaru's life. That's how her father ended up so crazy and daimon possessed. I don't recall them searching for Saturn in the anime. May have been the case in the manga though, I didn't read the manga part for Saturn.

Last edited by AkaUnlovedFyntabulous; March 10th, 2016 at 11:20 PM.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 11:31 PM #23
> Oceanblue
Power Ranger

Oceanblue
Power Ranger

I'm not sure if Takeuchi didn't "allow" the anime to continue so much as that Sailor Stars was already agreed on being the last season, just as Stars was planned as being the last story arc. I wish I had a source to reference...but I do know that Takeuchi's supposed anger at the old anime isn't as fiery as we've all been led to believe.

She was mystified by the choice to make the Starlights headlining characters in the anime, but I don't think she was upset over it.
Oceanblue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 11:51 PM #24
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Oceanblue wrote: View Post

I'm not sure if Takeuchi didn't "allow" the anime to continue so much as that Sailor Stars was already agreed on being the last season, just as Stars was planned as being the last story arc. I wish I had a source to reference...but I do know that Takeuchi's supposed anger at the old anime isn't as fiery as we've all been led to believe.

She was mystified by the choice to make the Starlights headlining characters in the anime, but I don't think she was upset over it.
Trie, she was never angry (at least publically), on the contrary, she loved the anime. The liner notes in the original manga release make that obvious, she loved the actors performances (Jadeite for example made her wish she hadn't killed him off so early in the manga so that he would have continued to appear in the anime).
She was susprised the Starlights got big parts in the anime (that's from the notes in the fifth artbook), not angry. I have no idea why parts of the fandom why she hated certain parts of the franchise.

And about her not allowing the anime to continue, both the anime's and manga's popularity began to wane, that's why they both ended at that point.
Had Toei wanted to continue the anime I don't see why Takeuchi wouldn't have agreed, the musicals continued to do new productions regularly for years after the manga ended until 2005.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2016, 12:06 AM #25
> Obelisk20
Monster Vanquished

Obelisk20
Monster Vanquished

I wonder what would have been the story if the anime/manga continued, though I can't see how things could get grander than the Sailor Wars and the true mastermind behind all the evil Sailor Moon and her allies had fought up until then.
Obelisk20 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2016, 12:40 AM #26
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

The anime would have been easy to continue, Chaos wasn't the source behind all evil in that version, the villains weren't connected, they could have made up a new one. They also could have reused some unused elements from the manga, the Sailor Cosmos design could have been repurposed as Sailor Moon's upgrade after Eternal Sailor Moon, bring in the Asteroid Senshi. Use the plot of Sailor Moon traveling to the center of the galaxy and meeting other sailors like Lethe, Mnemosyne etc. (as allies in this version) that only happened in the manga. That would have been much grander than the still earth bound Sailor Stars.
Actually, the galaxy traveling part could have been saved for a potential 7th season, the season after Sailor Stars could have focused on the solar system first, introducing the princesses castle's, exploring the past beyond the moon castle etc., Naoko Takeuchi could have provided some backstory, maybe she would have designed new costume upgrades like she did for Princess Sailor Moon.
Old March 21st, 2016, 09:00 AM #27
> seiya
Zyu2 aficionado

seiya
Zyu2 aficionado

This looks very exciting. Looks like some changes were made to the animation too to improve the quality. Can't wait for 2 weeks!
seiya is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 10:10 AM #28
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Pepper wrote: View Post

Trie, she was never angry (at least publically), on the contrary, she loved the anime. The liner notes in the original manga release make that obvious, she loved the actors performances (Jadeite for example made her wish she hadn't killed him off so early in the manga so that he would have continued to appear in the anime).
She was susprised the Starlights got big parts in the anime (that's from the notes in the fifth artbook), not angry. I have no idea why parts of the fandom why she hated certain parts of the franchise.

And about her not allowing the anime to continue, both the anime's and manga's popularity began to wane, that's why they both ended at that point.
Had Toei wanted to continue the anime I don't see why Takeuchi wouldn't have agreed, the musicals continued to do new productions regularly for years after the manga ended until 2005.
The only negative things Takeuchi said were being disappointed that certain concepts weren't animated. She wanted to see Cosmos in the anime, for example. Still no hatred. I think as a result of her not speaking up much, fans think they can just put words in her mouth. Same for Toriyama and Dragon Ball.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 12:23 PM #29
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

The anime would have been easy to continue, Chaos wasn't the source behind all evil in that version, the villains weren't connected, they could have made up a new one. They also could have reused some unused elements from the manga, the Sailor Cosmos design could have been repurposed as Sailor Moon's upgrade after Eternal Sailor Moon, bring in the Asteroid Senshi. Use the plot of Sailor Moon traveling to the center of the galaxy and meeting other sailors like Lethe, Mnemosyne etc. (as allies in this version) that only happened in the manga. That would have been much grander than the still earth bound Sailor Stars.
Actually, the galaxy traveling part could have been saved for a potential 7th season, the season after Sailor Stars could have focused on the solar system first, introducing the princesses castle's, exploring the past beyond the moon castle etc., Naoko Takeuchi could have provided some backstory, maybe she would have designed new costume upgrades like she did for Princess Sailor Moon.
No doubt they would've just had another enemy come from somewhere to attack and kept the same theme. Then again with interest waning maybe they would've gone with something different to shake it up. But I'm betting we would've had the same formula. A bunch of MotD episodes with a couple general characters, probably an upgrade for all the Scouts. Maybe more Outer involvement or else they would've been subdued or otherwise taken out in the beginning.

Or if they wanted to really shake it up, take the show into the future. I'd love to see a movie focusing on the event that nearly wiped out humanity and was the start of the eventual Crystal Tokyo. But they could easily do a series in the future focusing on a teen Chibi-Usa learning to be a leader with the newly awakened Asteroid Senshi. That'd be fun.

But yeah, they could've come up with ways to continue the anime if they had wanted to, the formula is pretty easy to copy-paste even without the manga as a backbone.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 07:08 PM #30
> Oceanblue
Power Ranger

Oceanblue
Power Ranger

Obelisk20 wrote: View Post

I wonder what would have been the story if the anime/manga continued, though I can't see how things could get grander than the Sailor Wars and the true mastermind behind all the evil Sailor Moon and her allies had fought up until then.
Don't misinterpret based on bad/literal translations.

Chaos was not an evil mastermind pulling strings.

When Sailor Moon observes that all of her previous enemies were Chaos, she was observing that they and Chaos were all the same -- the next page, she explains that they and the Sailor Senshi are the same, and that their desire to obtain power/the Silver Crystal is the same as her desire to be with her loved ones. She is trying to make the point that ALL things are truly one.

She was also trying to express that she is fighting against Chaos, the literal force of chaos which makes up the universe (and exists in opposition to cosmos).

I don't blame you for coming to that conclusion (about Chaos being some kind of puppet master) because it's been perpetuated in the Sailor Moon fandom for years, but it's clearly not the case. The whole "Metallia/Death Phantom/Pharaoh 90/Nehellenia all = Chaos" concept is purely philosophical/spiritual in nature.
Oceanblue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 07:50 PM #31
> JacobYBM
Banned

JacobYBM
Banned

seiya wrote: View Post

This looks very exciting. Looks like some changes were made to the animation too to improve the quality. Can't wait for 2 weeks!
I seem to remember hearing that Wanpack was working on Episode #6 in January. Wanpack is notorious for using dozens of key animators an episode to move on to the next project so I doubt the episode will be very good...at the same time, if Episode #6 was already at key animation in January then that means the production schedule is actually semi-sane for once and the show as a whole should improve...unless somebody fucks up the scheduling again.
JacobYBM is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2016, 04:09 PM #32
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

A little sneak peek and the transformation.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2016, 07:23 AM #33
> seiya
Zyu2 aficionado

seiya
Zyu2 aficionado

Xenotome wrote: View Post

A little sneak peek and the transformation.
*_*

Thank you for sharing.
seiya is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2016, 08:15 AM #34
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Wow, the last bit of her transformation is totes stolen from Precure.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2016, 06:24 PM #35
> JacobYBM
Banned

JacobYBM
Banned

B-kun wrote: View Post

Wow, the last bit of her transformation is totes stolen from Precure.
I thought it was more of a reference to Shida Naotoshi's BANK for ChiUsa's transformation.
JacobYBM is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2016, 12:57 AM #36
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

11 MINUTES OF FOOTAGE FROM A LIVE STREAM EVENT!

Dat OP. Dat Transformation!

New Luna & Artemis designs.
Old March 26th, 2016, 01:34 AM #37
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

Salted Pepper
Duck Mod

I don't like the opening song very much, the singer's voice is weak. I'm also not sure about the transformation and attack sequences, the visuals are fine but the music lacked something, I didn't feel it at all. I expected something upbeat, powerful or cerebral and definitely something memorable. What we got is sadly just some cute doo dee doo.

But I do like the visuals and it really seems like it's slower paced and not rushing through everything like before. I'm very happy with Uranus and Neptune's voices, the Witches 5 and Kaolinite look great and the animation has improved a lot. Despite the changed character designs it is still recognizable as Sailor Moon Crystal, I can't wait for the official premier, I want to see the entire episode in HD.
Old March 26th, 2016, 01:43 AM #38
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

I don't like the opening song very much, the singer's voice is weak.
I think I like it because I expected it to be so much worse. I looked up some of her other songs and oh nelly if you think this is weak.

And there's actually going to be three EDS for this season. This one, one sung by Chibusa, & one sung by Tuxedo Mask.
Old March 26th, 2016, 01:55 AM #39
> eternalstarlight
SentaiRanger

eternalstarlight
SentaiRanger

I was half-expecting moon spiral heart attack to have a two-frame spinning animation >_< that's how scarred I was from the first 26 seasons. Glad they improved.

Transformation and attack are really precure-ish, but precure animation is so much better anyway than crystal's anyway.

I think I like moon pride better than the new theme song because it was more energetic for me. This new song is okay but the singer's voice is too soft, like I can't find the energy to fight on if, say, this plays in the background while I battle the final boss or something.

I also recognize some of the tracks from the previous soundtrack album. Reusing them is okay with me since they are really beautiful. Meanwhile, the ending song is very good.
eternalstarlight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2016, 02:09 AM #40
> Shimizu_Akira
Real Men use Fairies

Shimizu_Akira
Real Men use Fairies

So the inners still uses their blackmoon arc powers. Hopefully they got their new attacks and new transformation sequence soon. Can't wait to see mars snake fire fully animated.

Btw does this season still follow the previous crystal airing schedule of new episode every 2 weeks?
Shimizu_Akira is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote