Menu

Old March 6th, 2016, 01:08 PM #1
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

Sailor Moon Discussion Thread: Eternal Movies Coming in 2020

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...evealed/.99470

New season, new thread. Viz's streaming releases of the 90s series are nearly done, Crystal's third chapter is about to begin, here be magical girls.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 01:15 PM #2
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

Viz's streaming releases of the 90s series are nearly done
And STILL no word on the S dub despite the cast being announced in fucking JULY.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 01:27 PM #3
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Even though it's now locked, here is the old thread if anyone wants to revisit it.

http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=122596
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 02:23 PM #4
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

Xenotome wrote: View Post

And STILL no word on the S dub despite the cast being announced in fucking JULY.
i'm just assuming that the only reason the S dub got delayed a bit is because the cast has been dubbing Crystal. I'm sure they wanna start get all the monies for crystal arc 1. Than i'm sure the S dub will get a bluray release.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 05:09 PM #5
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

I keep watching the trailer overr and over again and nnnngh this looks so good. You can't claim the new artstyle lacks emotion and theres' things like Uranus having her domino mask, which I wasn't expecting to appear in Crystal since it appeared all of once.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 05:29 PM #6
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Oh thank God they changed the art style! The art style and animation for Crystal so far had been....awkward, to say the least. So much that I kinda stopped watching and just watched Viz's dub of the old show. But now I got some intensive to check out Crystal again

Last edited by BlueMystechRanger; March 6th, 2016 at 06:02 PM.
BlueMystechRanger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 10:46 PM #7
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

now i more than ever want manga/crystal SH figuarts of all the sailors, just to get Uranus with the bitchin' manga version of her sword
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 08:56 AM #8
> Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Merlin
The Blowing Wind Element

Holy crap, they let Haruka and Michiru EMBRACE! At long last the closeted 90s are over and they can do more than just say coy things, and hold hands during emotional moments. Finally these two can show that they really love each other and act like any other couple.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 09:09 AM #9
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Wow, already? I need to catch up on Crystal, haha.

And wow, that new art style... it's like they went back to the original way. O_o
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 02:03 PM #10
> dmagicianrlr
Power Ranger

eBay
dmagicianrlr
Power Ranger

eBay

GIrlfriend and I have been going through watching the Sailor Moon releases on blu ray. Not very far in it right now (season 1, part 2). She's been pushing for us to do crystal but I'm weird and want to finish the original first.
dmagicianrlr is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 05:55 PM #11
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

dmagicianrlr wrote: View Post

GIrlfriend and I have been going through watching the Sailor Moon releases on blu ray. Not very far in it right now (season 1, part 2). She's been pushing for us to do crystal but I'm weird and want to finish the original first.
I've been watching the subs on Viz.com since they started, but collecting the original on DVD as they come out. I admit SuperS got me kind of itching for it to be over, and Stars a bit to. I think it's just because even at 2 episodes a week it's still been a lot of Sailor Moon. Plus Stars is kinda...well by this point it's so much the same of what's been before. But I think it's down to the last 9 episodes. Problem is now everything is going to rush through in these final episodes which is annoying. Part of me is debating whether or not to just skip a couple weeks and binge it all.

But the last two episodes really had me thinking of something with the Starlights. And it's a shame cause the show could explore some interesting depths to the characters. Like the fact that not only Kaguya, but the Starlights as well abandoned their world yet they have these attitudes to the Scouts like they're better than them. Yet really, they're basically failures. Then the Starlights themselves. Seiya throughout the series with his gravitating toward Usagi kind of comes off as though she's betraying her princess, almost like she's finding another in Usagi even though she doesn't know Usagi's identity for most of the time. Then in turn you have Taiki who's pissed with Seiya, the Scouts and Usagi because she's really loyal to her princess and sees Seiya's actions as a betrayal. Then Yaten just stays in the background, always seemingly pissed off or distant because she knows what screw ups they are, and even Kaguya was, which pisses her off.

I know, I know. Too much thought into it. But just couldn't help it this morning when the thought popped into my head. It'd be nice to see real exploration of character in Crystal...but given how likely fast paced and constrained they'll be for the plot, just not gonna happen. Oh well, just keep the thought in my head!
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 07:40 PM #12
> KingRainja
Evolution Sentai Eeveon!

KingRainja
Evolution Sentai Eeveon!

megagao wrote: View Post

i'm just assuming that the only reason the S dub got delayed a bit is because the cast has been dubbing Crystal. I'm sure they wanna start get all the monies for crystal arc 1. Than i'm sure the S dub will get a bluray release.
I was legit about to ask in the thread about word on the S redub. I'm glad I skimmed the new thread lol I would like to see a set at least on Amazon or something with some sort of time frame :/
KingRainja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 09:46 PM #13
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

KingRainja wrote: View Post

I was legit about to ask in the thread about word on the S redub. I'm glad I skimmed the new thread lol I would like to see a set at least on Amazon or something with some sort of time frame :/
Well the last set just came out back in Nov with the special edition in Dec. So it hasn't been too long I'm not real surprised there isn't word yet about the S dub. Might as well get Crystal done and out of the way since they'll be waiting a little bit for the next season that hasn't aired yet anyways. Given that Stars is almost over, by the time the dub gets done I might actually just sit and watch the DVD since it'll probably be awhile.

What I want to know is when we'll get the movies. Those I haven't seen since the previous dubs first came out, and never bought them. I was looking forward to Viz getting the movies so I'd be able to see them again without searching online. Yet nothing even though we're past R now. Then again maybe they're working on the R movie and Crystal. Oh well.
Old March 9th, 2016, 02:40 AM #14
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Viz has said they're doing the movies after the show.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 01:41 PM #15
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Pretty cool, nice to see the Arc of Dark Souls and I hope next comes the Moon Circus and later the Galaxia StarLights aRC
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 03:15 PM #16
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Saw this fan video for S, and thought it was ok and would share:

Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 05:42 PM #17
> Obelisk20
Monster Vanquished

Obelisk20
Monster Vanquished

Alitain wrote: View Post

I've been watching the subs on Viz.com since they started, but collecting the original on DVD as they come out. I admit SuperS got me kind of itching for it to be over, and Stars a bit to. I think it's just because even at 2 episodes a week it's still been a lot of Sailor Moon. Plus Stars is kinda...well by this point it's so much the same of what's been before. But I think it's down to the last 9 episodes. Problem is now everything is going to rush through in these final episodes which is annoying. Part of me is debating whether or not to just skip a couple weeks and binge it all.

But the last two episodes really had me thinking of something with the Starlights. And it's a shame cause the show could explore some interesting depths to the characters. Like the fact that not only Kaguya, but the Starlights as well abandoned their world yet they have these attitudes to the Scouts like they're better than them. Yet really, they're basically failures. Then the Starlights themselves. Seiya throughout the series with his gravitating toward Usagi kind of comes off as though she's betraying her princess, almost like she's finding another in Usagi even though she doesn't know Usagi's identity for most of the time. Then in turn you have Taiki who's pissed with Seiya, the Scouts and Usagi because she's really loyal to her princess and sees Seiya's actions as a betrayal. Then Yaten just stays in the background, always seemingly pissed off or distant because she knows what screw ups they are, and even Kaguya was, which pisses her off.

I know, I know. Too much thought into it. But just couldn't help it this morning when the thought popped into my head. It'd be nice to see real exploration of character in Crystal...but given how likely fast paced and constrained they'll be for the plot, just not gonna happen. Oh well, just keep the thought in my head!
Forgive me if I come off as "that person" but I think you mean Kakyuu. Kaguya is, iirc, the main villain in the S movie.
Obelisk20 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 06:07 PM #18
> Oceanblue
Power Ranger

Oceanblue
Power Ranger

Alitain wrote: View Post

The Starlights are minor side-characters in the manga, so don't expect any exploration of their characters if/when we get there.
Oceanblue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 07:04 PM #19
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

Saw this fan video for S, and thought it was ok and would share:

Including Mistress 9 but not Sailor Saturn was an odd choice. Especially considering Mistress 9 was killed by Hotaru/Saturn shortly after Mistress 9 awakened.

Also, I always found it way too convenient that the girl Mistress 9 -completely by chance- inhabited was Sailor Saturn's reincarnation.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 08:33 PM #20
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Obelisk20 wrote: View Post

Forgive me if I come off as "that person" but I think you mean Kakyuu. Kaguya is, iirc, the main villain in the S movie.
No worries, thanks.

Oceanblue wrote: View Post

The Starlights are minor side-characters in the manga, so don't expect any exploration of their characters if/when we get there.
Long long time since I read the manga, so don't remember it well. Oh well though, it was really just random thoughts anyways.