Home Menu

Menu

Old January 19th, 2017, 02:19 AM #81
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

"I hate it when people blame the black kid." I love that this show is never afraid to touch on race, they present the issue without ever hitting you over the head with it.

And who would have thought Burgess would save Olinsky's life? Guess he got knocked off that high horse.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 01:45 PM #82
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

Question: Which series do people think is the best? I've watched parts of Fire, but not any of the others.
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 03:30 PM #83
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

DigificWriter wrote: View Post

Which series do people think is the best?
P.D. hands down, just for Beghe's sexy voice alone.

Fire is a close second, though. I don't watch it regularly, and I've noticed as the years pass, sometimes they add a little too much drama. But there are really great standalone emergencies, like the one where Casey was trapped with a father and daughter who had to escape a building without breathing in any poisonous fumes with minutes to go before those fumes caused an explosion.

Med is pretty boring. And I say this as someone who watched a lot of ER, Grey's Anatomy and even some Code Black.

I'm holding out hope for Justice, since I liked the lead guy in The Player and they've got Antonio now.
Old January 21st, 2017, 04:59 PM #84
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Primo Ron White wrote: View Post

P.D. hands down, just for Beghe's sexy voice alone.

Fire is a close second, though.
Med is pretty boring.

I'm holding out hope for Justice, since I liked the lead guy in The Player and they've got Antonio now.
i'll agree with all of that except for med being boring
it's the weakest but i wouldn't say boring

also a nitpick about med
it makes me chuckle everytime when we often see brett dropping patients off at med but she's never with dawson or jimmy when he was there she's always with some random other person
Dr. Who 07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 05:24 PM #85
> TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

Question: Which series do people think is the best? I've watched parts of Fire, but not any of the others.
I think that PD is the better one of the bunch. To me, the character development is stronger than the other shows, and the writing is better. And the cast do have a great chemistry with one another.
TZKBTJ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 06:30 PM #86
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

Are the backdoor pilot episodes for the various spinoff series necessary in terms of being able to understand the narrative of the specific seasons in which they air? I don't really like when they introduce characters in an episode that's meant to launch a series and then those characters don't show up in the rest of the show, so I'd rather just watch the actual Season Premieres of the spinoff shows if I were to watch them.
Old January 21st, 2017, 11:16 PM #87
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Are the backdoor pilot episodes for the various spinoff series necessary in terms of being able to understand the narrative of the specific seasons in which they air?
Nope, they only do it as a means to make you more interested in the established universe.

I probably wouldn't have been interested in P.D. if not for seeing Voight in Chicago Fire first.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 12:58 AM #88
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

So "Let Her Go" and "I Am The Apocalypse" aren't important to the overall narratives of Chicago Fire Seasons 1 and 3 and I can go ahead and skip them?

Because that's what I'm asking.
Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:12 PM #89
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

So "Let Her Go" and "I Am The Apocalypse" aren't important to the overall narratives of Chicago Fire Seasons 1 and 3 and I can go ahead and skip them?

Can't say, since I never saw them.

But I CAN say skipping Justice's cameo in P.D. would completely blind you as to Roman's future, so you'd have to watch that one.
Old January 24th, 2017, 01:46 PM #90
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I started with PD because I saw it was a new show Sophia Bush was on after binging One Tree Hill, then I saw that it was a spin off of Fire, and went to watch all of that first before going to PD.

I'm torn between those two specifically because PD was the one I watched first, but Fire was the one I watched all the episodes of at the time first (which I think was up to halfway through season 2).

I don't like/watch Med, and I'll at least check out the first episode of Justice, but I don't think I'll be watching that one, either.

There are character story lines/plots I have some issues with on either shows. If I had to choose I think I'd say Fire is better but PD is a close second.

Are the backdoor pilot episodes for the various spinoff series necessary in terms of being able to understand the narrative of the specific seasons in which they air? I don't really like when they introduce characters in an episode that's meant to launch a series and then those characters don't show up in the rest of the show, so I'd rather just watch the actual Season Premieres of the spinoff shows if I were to watch them.

They're not all that important, in my opinion, because they really just bring in and focus on the characters of the new show (obviously), but the events in the backdoor pilot don't really carry over.

In "Let Her Go", you get the resolution (of sorts) of Matt Casey's story line with Voight, and the resolution of his story line with his ex. It's not brought up too much afterwards and two of the characters in that episode are replaced by new actors in PD.

"I Am the Apocalypse" you really can skip. You're not missing anything between that and the very first episode of Med.

It's the crossovers between Chicago Fire (to an extent), Chicago PD, and Law and Order SVU that could be jarring if you don't watch all parts. It will feel like it never got resolved and was just dropped before continuing on into the next episode's plots.

I say Chicago Fire to an extent because often times, those crossovers are said to start on Chicago Fire, but often times just start on the last 5-10 minutes of that episode before it really gets going in Chicago PD.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by NightMere10; January 24th, 2017 at 01:55 PM.
NightMere10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 02:22 AM #91
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Wow, they really let Halstead hold this one down, even Voight didn't get a lot of scenes.

And does that Brady place not have any security cameras? Because every place the girl tried to fuck him was extremely public.
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:02 AM #92
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Primo Ron Pink wrote: View Post

I'm assuming they either won't (since it's only ever been interesting because it was Burgess), or they'll use Platt for the B-plot instead.
And tonight, it was proven. Of course, it did end up weaving back to the main plot, but still.

I definitely didn't expect Ruzek to return tonight, or for it to be such an uneventful appearance. And I definitely didn't expect him and Burgess to rekindle their romance, though I suppose it makes sense with Roman out of the picture now.
Old February 19th, 2017, 04:16 PM #93
> GreenDTRanger
Bronze Age > New 52

GreenDTRanger
Bronze Age > New 52

NightMere10 wrote: View Post

It's the crossovers between Chicago Fire (to an extent), Chicago PD, and Law and Order SVU that could be jarring if you don't watch all parts. It will feel like it never got resolved and was just dropped before continuing on into the next episode's plots.
This happened when I was watching SVU on Netflix. But that is one of the things I love about the DVDs. They include all episodes of the crossover in order.

I would give PD a slight edge over Fire, both for writing and characters. I'm holding off judgement on Med until I can see more of it, since I've only seen the crossovers so far.

I am surprised by Seda jumping from PD to Justice though. I just hope he lasts longer than Jerry Orbach did when he jumped from L&O to L&O: Trial by Jury.
GreenDTRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 02:05 AM #94
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

GreenDTRanger wrote: View Post

I am surprised by Seda jumping from PD to Justice though. I just hope he lasts longer than Jerry Orbach did when he jumped from L&O to L&O: Trial by Jury.
I doubt Jon Seda's going to die from old age anytime soon.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 02:58 PM #95
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Haha, Ruzek's the new Burgess. How fitting.
Old February 23rd, 2017, 03:16 PM #96
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Primo Ron Pink wrote: View Post

Haha, Ruzek's the new Burgess. How fitting.
i wish but it seems rixton gave up his spot at the end
what little we saw of him i preferred him over ruzek
Dr. Who 07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 03:24 PM #97
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Dr. Who 07 wrote: View Post

i wish but it seems rixton gave up his spot at the end
what little we saw of him i preferred him over ruzek
No argument from me.

I wish I could say I missed Ruzek, but I really didn't. And for some reason I really like Wechsler as an actor, it's not just my Roswell fanboy showing. Or at least I hope it's not...
Old March 1st, 2017, 08:20 PM #98
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Damn. Just.... this crossover is crazy. Enjoying this so far.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:33 AM #99
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Pretty good overall, but not as good as it could have been.

Wasn't really a fan of simply ripping off the real-life tragedy in Oakland, and even less of the motive boiling down to cyberstalking. I also thought Med could have played a larger role, speaking to the plight of the victims like how Mauch comforted that one girl with survivor's guilt. I get that they only had three hours, but maybe they could have thrown Med in tonight and finished the story on Justice's regular night Sunday. And as much as I'm going to miss Nazneen Contractor, they definitely made it up to me with Monica Barbaro.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 03:31 AM #100
> CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

Well Chicago PD keeping up their record of killing off at least one minor character per season
CaptainCanoe is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote