Home Menu

Menu

Old October 19th, 2016, 09:57 AM #61
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

NightMere10 wrote: View Post

Man, Steve can really play the dark role well. I loved the scene between him and Hermann in Molly's.
I thought that was good. I was hoping to see Jimmy's throwing fist or fight or whatever, but this didn't happen.

Still, good part.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 02:33 AM #62
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I love the injection toward the end they use to set PD apart from all the other cop shows. Voight strutting in and slapping the kingpin as a final warning not to fuck with teenagers, that was poetry right there.

And right from the heavens into my heart, Burgess asks to be part of Intelligence, and she's on deck!
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 04:35 AM #63
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Burgess has had some really great characterization over these four years. I'm so glad she went up to Voight to tell her she was still interested in being part of Intelligence and basically telling him she won't take "no" for an answer.
NightMere10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 01:59 PM #64
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I'm so glad she went up to Voight to tell her she was still interested in being part of Intelligence and basically telling him she won't take "no" for an answer.
Well, it's not like he didn't always want her, she admitted she turned him down for the promotion the last time.

The only point he outright said no was when she was in love with Ruzek, and even then he's lightened up since he gave up on Lindsay not banging Halstead.
Old November 10th, 2016, 04:08 AM #65
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Damn it, Jake, I really wanted to believe you didn't kill Jesse Quick.

So is this the last ballad of Casey Jones? Despite solving the case, he still had to give up his badge. Though, it's great to see a fictional police department finally enforce the rule about investigating cases with known acquaintances involved.
Old November 15th, 2016, 12:13 PM #66
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Looks like we've got a replacement for Antonio Dawson on Chicago PD: http://www.tvguide.com/news/chicago-pd-nick-wechsler/
Old November 15th, 2016, 02:41 PM #67
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Haha, his role on Revenge ended as a police officer.
Old November 15th, 2016, 02:46 PM #68
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

you know he's gonna turn or be bad & wind up getting killed, arrested or leave town. i think Burgess is gonna move up
Dr. Who 07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 10:49 PM #69
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Well, adios, Antonio. But we will see you soon in Chicago Justice. I knew Kim Burgess got her promote as a detective right away.

Apparantly, there will be another two-hours premiere in January.... PD and Justice crossover. It looks good.

Last edited by Champ; November 16th, 2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old November 17th, 2016, 02:22 AM #70
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Come on, NBC. Just tell me you're running two different episodes, I'll still watch. There have been shows that ran the week after that were more linked than these two.

Antonio leaving makes sense marketing-wise, they're goading viewers into following him to the show, just like they tried to do moving Jerry Orbach from Law & Order to the Trial By Jury spinoff. But thematically it feels off, when Lindsay already left to head a task force and she got sick of the bureaucracy so fast that they barely had a chance to miss her before she begged Voight for her job back.

I have no idea why Burgess didn't sell Sorensen out immediately. She's not just good police, she's the best police, there was absolutely no excuse for what he did to that poor guy. And it didn't even mean anything when they'd completely forgotten about the punishment by the time he quit the force. But whatever, he was just a lame stopgap to #BURGESSDIGIVOLVETOINTELLIGENCE!

...Am I the only one who's going to miss her wearing the uniform, though?
Old November 17th, 2016, 09:02 AM #71
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

No, I'll miss it too. I'm also curious as to how they're going to have an A and B plot without anyone like Burgess in uniform, but I'm curious to see.

I'm sad to see Antonio go. He's one of my favorite characters and one of the characters I'm still watching the show for. Personally, I'm not going to watch Justice, so we'll see how many people check into the show to see him on there. Speaking of Antonio, I would have much preferred to have had Antonio's speech end the episode. He deserved that much, but of course, Lindsay is one of the most popular characters (and Sophia is the most popular actor) so we have to keep focus on her. I think it would have worked if they flip-flopped the Antonio and Lindsay scenes, so Lindsay heard that her dad wanted to see her, and she shut down the conversation with Bunny to go to Molly's.

I just feel like for important story lines for thier characters, Mouse and Antonio's send offs, in some ways fell flat because of how they put the episode together. For example, Mouse's Molly's farewell scene ending up being deleted from the episode.

All in all, the second half of this two parter was so much better than the first half. Am I correct in understanding that the only thing that linked the two was Antonio's wanting to leave? Because otherwise, I felt like they just stuck these two episodes together to catch up on the one week they missed for the World Series game. At least Ruzek's centered 2-hour episode felt like one ongoing episode.

From what I've heard (I don't know how truthful it is) they were going to have Lindsay be on that Task Force longer, but the cast/writers felt the balance was off when she wasn't with Intelligence and brought her back.

In regards to Burgess not telling on Sorensen, I thought for a minute that Platt would have given her a harsher punishment because she didn't say anything. Not really to punish her for the act and being an "accomplice" so to speak but because Platt knows that she is better than that and can do so much better.
Old November 17th, 2016, 04:01 PM #72
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I'm also curious as to how they're going to have an A and B plot without anyone like Burgess in uniform, but I'm curious to see.
I'm assuming they either won't (since it's only ever been interesting because it was Burgess), or they'll use Platt for the B-plot instead.

I'm sad to see Antonio go. He's one of my favorite characters and one of the characters I'm still watching the show for.
But admit it, they hadn't given Antonio a storyline in months. The last one was about missing his kid's birthday, wasn't it?

This new show might actually be exactly what puts him back front and center. Court shows really don't thrive on the proceedings anymore, so they require a lot more investigating to attract viewers, and that's his job.

I'm not going to watch Justice
Why not?

The only reason I don't watch Fire or Med regularly is because they're on up against something else I already watch. We don't even know when Justice will air.

Mouse's Molly's farewell scene ending up being deleted from the episode.
Well, I think that's kind of fair, though.

Mouse was never a real part of the team, they only ever used him for tech-related information or when Jay needed advice because they knew each other already. And it worked better narratively with the animosity he was feeling specifically about not belonging where he was that he would leave without ceremony.

And a small part of it may just be my bias toward how they treated Archie Kao's character before him. >_>
Old November 17th, 2016, 04:47 PM #73
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Primo Ron White wrote: View Post

I'm assuming they either won't (since it's only ever been interesting because it was Burgess), or they'll use Platt for the B-plot instead.
I just thought it was a nice change of pace and that it brought more comedy to the show whenever we saw what Burgess went through. Although, the revolving door of her partners has been getting tiring.

But admit it, they hadn't given Antonio a storyline in months. The last one was about missing his kid's birthday, wasn't it?
I believe that was it, yes. I have no problem admitting that. They have barely given him anything to do. At the start of the show you could argue that it was based around Voight and Antonio's relationships as a supposed dirty cop and one who likes to do things more by the rules, but that has since changed.

This new show might actually be exactly what puts him back front and center. Court shows really don't thrive on the proceedings anymore, so they require a lot more investigating to attract viewers, and that's his job.
Ah, I didn't realize. I don't keep up with how legal shows are doing things nowadays, so that's interesting to hear.

Why not?
I'm just simply not interested in it. I haven't ever really been a fan of legal drama shows. Just like I don't watch Med because I'm just not interested in that, either. That's not to say I won't check out the first episode, I always do with the new installment.

The only reason I don't watch Fire or Med regularly is because they're on up against something else I already watch. We don't even know when Justice will air.
Rumors are going around that it'll premiere on Sunday, January 15th. But no other word on that from NBC.

Well, I think that's kind of fair, though.

Mouse was never a real part of the team, they only ever used him for tech-related information or when Jay needed advice because they knew each other already. And it worked better narratively with the animosity he was feeling specifically about not belonging where he was that he would leave without ceremony.

And a small part of it may just be my bias toward how they treated Archie Kao's character before him. >_>
I was upset that Archie only lasted on season. It felt like they just shoved a random story plot onto him by the end of the season's run.

In regards to Mouse not being a regular part of the team, I felt like they were building him up to become one by this season.

They really built up Jay and Mouse's backgrounds and friendship and barely ever did anything with it until the plot called for it. Between flip flopping on whether it was Jay that helped Mouse or Mouse that helped Jay after they returned (that's not to say they didn't help each other), and all the tidbits about the "action" they saw overseas, it made you want to learn more about them or to actually see them interact more as friends outside of cases.

The scene in Molly's with Halstead, Mouse, and Dr. Choi was the first (and arguably only) time we really got the chance to dive more into their time in the military, let alone Jay dressing in uniform to go to his friends' funeral. I've been waiting to really know what happened between the two of them, how they became friends, why they still were friends, or anything to that degree because they spent the time putting in lines about it.

Mouse is one of my favorite characters (as I, I believe, have said before) so I do have a bit of bias for it. Not that I don't understand why it was done the way it was, but I wanted more for his character because they had so many tidbits about him throughout his time on the show.

Last edited by NightMere10; November 17th, 2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old January 4th, 2017, 12:51 AM #74
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Ugh, another lame crossover. The plot that put Severide on P.D. was initiated four minutes before their side of it started!

And I really don't want to believe Olinsky's that full of shit. If Platt can force herself to be somebody's friend, that has to prove to everybody Burgess is worth it. And this is coming from a guy who just had his career threatened by covering for a rock star who had dirt on him...
Old January 4th, 2017, 01:32 AM #75
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Primo Ron White wrote: View Post

Ugh, another lame crossover. The plot that put Severide on P.D. was initiated four minutes before their side of it started!
I thought this episode of Fire was so boring and I also felt like it was completely wasted. Nothing much until four minutes before PD started.
Old January 5th, 2017, 02:54 AM #76
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Ruzek is just the type of guy that would go undercover.

I wonder if this plot will play into February sweeps or May sweeps...
Old January 5th, 2017, 09:28 AM #77
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Fuck Olinsky. He's an asshole.

Finally, last night's episode was good and scary. Thirteen girls! That was crazy.
Old January 12th, 2017, 02:37 AM #78
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Dear God, please don't tell me the reason Voight's been like a father to Lindsey because he really is her father...

And the Duran Duran thing was the funniest moment not featuring Burgess or Platt in, like, series history.
Old January 12th, 2017, 08:30 AM #79
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

My wife and I were talking about the father situation. She thinks Voight is the father. Until then, Bunny showed up in CPD to talk about the father issue. Then boom... Voight is her father.

Great episode.

Also Chicago Justice will be debut on March 5th. Did they change the date again?
Old January 12th, 2017, 09:53 AM #80
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I just wonder why now the writers are entertaining the idea of Voight being Lindsay's father. Ever since the episode where Lindsay explained to Voight that her mom threw up on her and she had to go to school reeking of alcohol, people were talking about it asking if Lindsay just stated that Voight was her dad and the writers (or it was Sophia Bush) said that he wasn't. So, I'm actually curious about why they're going that potential route now. Honestly, I feel like it's too convenient and too obvious if that's the case. I'd rather that not happen.

Not sure how I feel about Rixton. I felt Ruzek brought more humor to the show than what they've had Rixton do so far. Still getting used to the lack of the patrol plots of the show. I'm actually swinging a bit more into the side where I think the episodes run a bit smoother without it despite my initial hesitation.

Next week's episode looks interesting.

Zyuman wrote: View Post

Also Chicago Justice will be debut on March 5th. Did they change the date again?
Last I heard, it was to premiere at the end of this month, but i don't know if that date was ever confirmed before the March one appeared.