Home Menu

Menu

Old August 8th, 2016, 09:31 AM #41
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Eh, i hope the cross show handles really good.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 12:54 AM #42
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Wait, so Erin was able to dig up the body without anyone noticing? I thought the commander had that area on lock, she was grilling her about it on that very spot the day before! No wonder Voight always beats her, she doesn't try nearly as hard as she should.

And what's with trying to skip town on the poor guy? He lost his only child, provides for his grandson all summer and then she's going to change states without even saying goodbye? I get that Voight's an intimidating guy, but he's never been a complete jerk to her. Hell, he was the one that got Justin to step up and take care of her in the first place.

And Burgess is still my favorite part of this show, just that one look between her and Platt at the computer was hilarious. Unfortunate that she's still not getting the nod for Intelligence when she's always done better policing than Atwater, already broke up with Ruzek, and only turned it down when offered because she didn't want to abandon Roman.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2016, 09:11 PM #43
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Jon Seda is moving to Chicago Justice in a series regular role: http://deadline.com/2016/09/jon-seda...on-1201827329/

Personally, I'm not too happy about it despite not being too surprised. I don't have much of an interest in Chicago Justice at all, but Antonio barely has anything going for him on CPD with his dropped plot lines and things shifting to focus most on Voight, Lindsay, and Lindsay/Halstead.

The show first started as being based on Voight and Antonio, which I thought worked better. Antonio is one of my favorite characters and one of the reasons why I'm sticking with CPD.

Maybe I'll at least just check out the first episode he's in on Justice.
NightMere10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2016, 10:07 PM #44
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Hey... that is not so cool for him to go to Chicago Justice. I actually like him in Chicago PD.

As for Chicago PD new episode tonight, that was crazy. So many black people in South side of Chicago. Poor girl. A lot of briuse and blood all over her. Good and crazy episode.

Last edited by Champ; September 28th, 2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old September 28th, 2016, 11:36 PM #45
> TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

TZKBTJ
Go Go Power Rangers!

Damn man, that really sucks. I really do enjoy Antonio on CPD. It might give me a reason to watch CJ, but I will probably give it the first 3 episodes try before I commit to watching it.
TZKBTJ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2016, 12:40 AM #46
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Honestly, I'm surprised they're not moving more of them to Chicago Justice, since the only person who gets actual character development anymore is Burgess. That shit with Platt telling her about the guys she knows that want to bang her was the highlight of the evening.

And I thought they changed the name to Chicago Legal? I heard somebody use that name on a late night talk show last week.
Old September 29th, 2016, 02:05 AM #47
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Primo Ron White wrote: View Post

Honestly, I'm surprised they're not moving more of them to Chicago Justice, since the only person who gets actual character development anymore is Burgess. That shit with Platt telling her about the guys she knows that want to bang her was the highlight of the evening.

And I thought they changed the name to Chicago Legal? I heard somebody use that name on a late night talk show last week.
That's what i'd do. clearly the show is basically about 3 people mostly voight, lindsey and halstead and their relationship now that they moved in with each other. I forgot how much i loved burgess in season 1 because i'm loving her again this year.

Maybe it's me but i feel Chicago justice/legal is gonna be the law and order trial by jury of the franchise and get axed after 1 year
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2016, 07:57 AM #48
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Primo Ron White wrote: View Post

Hmm, I looked up on Google about the title and they haven't change the title since they changed "Law" to "Justice".
Old September 29th, 2016, 08:22 AM #49
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I agree, Burgess is great. For a while, I was watching only for Antonio, Olinsky, and Mouse, but after re-watching the first 3 seasons before season 4 started, Burgess has really climbed up there.
Old September 29th, 2016, 05:39 PM #50
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

ZeoFan88 wrote: View Post

Maybe it's me but i feel Chicago justice/legal is gonna be the law and order trial by jury of the franchise and get axed after 1 year
It depends on how they inject life into it.

Trial By Jury was a perfect rounding out of the L&O universe, and Bebe Neuwirth FTW, but they were so focused on legal proceedings that fans of busting bad guys got bored. You have to add something more to keep those kind of people interested, like relationship drama i.e. The Good Wife or comedy i.e. Ally McBeal.

Chicago Justice has to be just as gritty and intense as Fire and P.D. have been. I haven't seen enough of Med to judge their tone.
Old October 6th, 2016, 03:03 AM #51
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Definitely one of the best episodes ever. Platt was never someone to fuck with, and she definitely proved it tonight. Smacking him around with the golden shovel was a NICE touch.

Only things I didn't get were what happened to the cops assigned to watch her, and how she got her clothes back. Wouldn't they have been bagged and even submitted as evidence to Intelligence?
Old October 6th, 2016, 07:54 AM #52
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Personally, I wouldn't have described Platt as being beaten within an inch of her life in regards to this episode.

Nevertheless, I loved Platt and Mouch in this episode. In the previous season we got Platt stopping an old friend from committing suicide and you got to learn a bit more about her past, but this was great. You got to see that being on patrol is something that she not only missed to some extent, but could still do on her own. Amy Morton really killed this episode and I loved how Hank told Platt that she wasn't him.

In regards to her marriage, I loved the dynamic of Platt instinctively going to handle things on her own because it's what she's used to, but Mouch has to remind her that she has to think of both him and her in regards to her job.

I was confused about one thing though; why did the guy go after Platt and her dad? The Platt's owed him money?
Old October 6th, 2016, 02:35 PM #53
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

NightMere10 wrote: View Post

I was confused about one thing though; why did the guy go after Platt and her dad? The Platt's owed him money?
He did construction work for Platt's dad, and they had explained in a previous season that the dad's businesses had gone under and the majority of his wealth had evaporated.

Platt personally warned McGregor that he may not be able to pay before they got in business together, but he didn't listen. When he got burned and there wasn't enough left to reimburse him for his effort, he flipped and turned killer.
Old October 6th, 2016, 02:41 PM #54
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Ohh ok. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old October 12th, 2016, 08:07 AM #55
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Chicago Fire, new season from last night.

I thought that was pretty good.

Borrelli was AN asshole. He is STILL obsessed about Chief made an order and got Borrelli's brother killed last season. He filed the court paper against Chief Boden. Now... the clash between Boden and Borrelli. This is crazy.

As for the end of episode... holy crap. That is all.

Now... new episode for Chicago PD tonight. Looking forward to this.
Old October 12th, 2016, 12:12 PM #56
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I betcha Borelli is the one that gets set on fire in the promo in the next episode and if so, I think that's a pretty underwhelming way to end his story line. Since he's joined the cast, I've felt like they didn't know what they really wanted to do with his character. But, I thought this episode Steve McQueen did a GREAT job.

Brett and Antonio is still really weird for me.
Old October 12th, 2016, 12:27 PM #57
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

If Borrelli got on fire, I think he would do it on purpose; just to make Chief looks bad. Who knows.
Old October 12th, 2016, 11:51 PM #58
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Not sure where they got terrorism from. Crowd of black people usually means gang activity.

We've seen the first crack in Antonio's armor, he was even questioned by Olinsky about it later. At least when he leaves it'll have been well foreshadowed.

We already got our Mouse replacement? I guess Voight decided to lie for him after all. And why does she feel like the producers wanted to replicate the success of NCIS: Los Angeles's tech unit? >_>
Old October 18th, 2016, 10:06 PM #59
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

So, tonight's episode... just... damn. This episode was crazy.

It turned out that Borrelli made a mistake, just like his brother. [Spoiler]He didn't follow Chief's order and he went to save a woman in the car but the flame bursted out. [/oldspoilertags] Poor him... he... lose half of his face and his eye by the fire explode.
Old October 19th, 2016, 05:24 AM #60
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Man, Steve can really play the dark role well. I loved the scene between him and Hermann in Molly's. I also thought the ending was really touching between him and Boden. This can't be good for the case against him. (On that note, I'm kind of tired of the story arcs for Boden that has to do with people trying to get him out of his job, but not everything can run smoothly for the chief.)