Home Menu

Menu

Old April 27th, 2016, 07:38 AM #21
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

I have a feeling funny about the woman (forget her name) who went to see Casey few times.... I think she is a scam.

Poor kid, he lost his mom. That was emotional... wow.

I am still waiting for Chicago PD to get back on TV..... dammit.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 08:05 AM #22
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Zyuman wrote: View Post

I have a feeling funny about the woman (forget her name) who went to see Casey few times.... I think she is a scam.

Poor kid, he lost his mom. That was emotional... wow.

I am still waiting for Chicago PD to get back on TV..... dammit.
agreed on all points i think she's the one that sent the money

i was already tearing up because of the kid then they had to give him pouch i dang near hit the ugly cry

& yeah what the heck is up with pd??
Dr. Who 07 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 08:05 AM #23
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

PD comes back May 4th. It was put on a break so Chicago Fire (which is burning through the rest of it's episodes) and PD would end at/around the same time.

Adding in my two cents: I prefer Fire and PD but am enjoying Med for what it is. It turned out better than I thought it would be. I like PD the most mainly because it was the first one I watched (when I started, I got two, maybe three episodes in before realizing it was a spinoff show then started watching Fire and caught up with PD because at the time, only 3 episodes of PD had aired).

Both shows have characters I love (Casey, Severide, Hermann, and Otis on Fire, and Antonio, Olinsky, Ruzek, and Mouse on PD) and ones I dislike. At times I really think they're shoving relationships down our throats (especially on twitter, I had to unfollow the official accounts because they were pushing Casey/Dawson and Halstead/Lindsay too much for my liking), but overall I'm really enjoying both shows.

Season 3 of Fire I thought was the worst, and I think they've also dropped the ball a lot on plot lines for PD season 2: like Olinsky's daughter and Antonio's family life for example. Sometimes I feel like they focus too much on Lindsay (and by extension Lindstead) in PD, and don't give others a lot to shine when they get around to giving the characters more background (I feel like that's been lacking a bit despite knowing the show is about the cases--I like to learn and understand why we should care about the characters).

Last edited by NightMere10; April 27th, 2016 at 08:26 AM. Reason: corrected date
NightMere10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 01:07 AM #24
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

I guess we need to add Law to the thread title now...

We certainly learned pretty quick that Burgess shooting was justified, and surprisingly her relationship with Roman wasn't dragged through the mud. Though, I suppose it still can be dealt with internally in the coming weeks.

Best scene by far was her freaking out when Ruzek touched her.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 01:53 AM #25
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Primo David Frank wrote: View Post

I guess we need to add Law to the thread title now...

We certainly learned pretty quick that Burgess shooting was justified, and surprisingly her relationship with Roman wasn't dragged through the mud. Though, I suppose it still can be dealt with internally in the coming weeks.

Best scene by far was her freaking out when Ruzek touched her.
So i wonder if we'll have pd/law air after one another be like regular law and order but instead of half and half like order did will it be 1 hour of pd and 1 hour of straight law

NightMere10 wrote: View Post

PD comes back May 4th. It was put on a break so Chicago Fire (which is burning through the rest of it's episodes) and PD would end at/around the same time.

Adding in my two cents: I prefer Fire and PD but am enjoying Med for what it is. It turned out better than I thought it would be. I like PD the most mainly because it was the first one I watched (when I started, I got two, maybe three episodes in before realizing it was a spinoff show then started watching Fire and caught up with PD because at the time, only 3 episodes of PD had aired).

Both shows have characters I love (Casey, Severide, Hermann, and Otis on Fire, and Antonio, Olinsky, Ruzek, and Mouse on PD) and ones I dislike. At times I really think they're shoving relationships down our throats (especially on twitter, I had to unfollow the official accounts because they were pushing Casey/Dawson and Halstead/Lindsay too much for my liking), but overall I'm really enjoying both shows.

Season 3 of Fire I thought was the worst, and I think they've also dropped the ball a lot on plot lines for PD season 2: like Olinsky's daughter and Antonio's family life for example. Sometimes I feel like they focus too much on Lindsay (and by extension Lindstead) in PD, and don't give others a lot to shine when they get around to giving the characters more background (I feel like that's been lacking a bit despite knowing the show is about the cases--I like to learn and understand why we should care about the characters).
Well i guess if you got sophia bush you might as well make her the 'focus' she seems to be the one they like to use most in the svu crossovers with voight. I guess they are still banking on that one tree hill fame she has
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 08:54 AM #26
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Ok, so things are about to heat up for Chicago Fire because Chief Boden made a decision before the building collaspe, lost one firefighter (turned out it was Jimmy's brother), and there will be clash between Jimmy and Chief Boden next week. That should be good one.

As for Chicago PD, I missed it. Going to try to catch up on Hulu.
Old May 12th, 2016, 10:13 AM #27
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

ZeoFan88 wrote: View Post

Well i guess if you got sophia bush you might as well make her the 'focus' she seems to be the one they like to use most in the svu crossovers with voight. I guess they are still banking on that one tree hill fame she has
I'm not surprised at all that that's the reason. I enjoyed One Tree Hill and I liked Sophia's character, but it's gotten to the point where them pushing her character forward and dropping other characters' plot lines is getting to be too much.

In terms of it being a backdoor pilot for Chicago Justice, I think it did pretty well, but I don't think I'll watch it. Court shows have never really been anything I could sit through. But, it did bring forth great acting from Burgess.
Old May 12th, 2016, 11:15 AM #28
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Fire: i loved otis's replacement storyline. since i don't think we ever saw at a fire i was kinda hoping he'd turn out to be some guy they brought in just to mess with him.
preview anyone really think they're gonna kill dawson?

Med: manning's crisis was kind of a letdown
but i was pure flabbergasted with the mother in laws 180
the woman who told her to move on IS NOT the same mean spiteful hateful "witch" who ripped halstead 5 new ones when owen was being born

PD: it think justice has potential but i kinda wish they had spent more time with the newbies & less with the team. just have intel working mainly off camera helping the DA's & have it not be about roman & burgess
like the tvline recap asked did stone's second chair/partner even speak?
Old May 12th, 2016, 11:41 AM #29
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

Dr. Who 07 wrote: View Post

it think justice has potential but i kinda wish they had spent more time with the newbies & less with the team. just have intel working mainly off camera helping the DA's & have it not be about roman & burgess
They didn't want this episode to stick out like a sore thumb, to the point where the audience is wondering why we're spending so much time on characters we've never seen before.

Besides, there's not much development you can give to what, five new people in the course of one hour. This was just so we'd recognize everyone when it premieres and as such would make us more likely to watch.

like the tvline recap asked did stone's second chair/partner even speak?
Not in the courtroom, but she had lines in the office.
Old May 12th, 2016, 08:08 PM #30
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

I'm still not sure i'll like Chicago justice or law or whatever the final title is. In my opinion they me be overdoing it before the Chicago franchise dick wolf later spin-offs were that good or lacked something at least to me. Conviction which brought svu favorite alex cabot wasn't good, i love trial by jury but that got axed after a year and law and order la iirc cast changes and the writers strike hurt that series. I guess the legal show a chance. Med and fire i haven't been able to get into but i like pd more.
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 10:53 PM #31
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

I saw the cast of Chicago Justice.. and I don't know if I like them......
Old May 19th, 2016, 01:18 AM #32
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

I'm not surprised Burgess tried to get back on the beat with Roman, but I am surprised Trudy approved. At least Intelligence is an entire unit, so there are other people to watch Erin and Jay's backs most of the time, but a couple averting random crimes together all day every day is a bad idea in the minds of most people, let alone a police captain's. And as I expected, Roman's gone nuts now that he's forced to be on desk duty the rest of his life. Nobody's going to make a San Diego P.D. spinoff for your ass...

Good on that kid for recognizing the shooter was 50. I never would have guessed dude was that old.
Old May 19th, 2016, 07:38 AM #33
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

When she said the shooter was 50 I thought for sure it was the dad, not another guy. So, Roman is going to be off the show more than likely. I always had a neutral opinion on him, I never really liked him, but I didn't think he was a bad character either. I was a bit surprised, too, that Platt was signing off on both Roman and Burgess still working together, but I like to thin that since she got into a relationship with Mouch, she sees a few things differently in regards to work romances. Plus, I like that we're seeing her sticking up for Burgess more.
Old May 26th, 2016, 02:23 AM #34
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

Well, Roman certainly got the lowest key exit in television history.

And man, do not fuck with Voight. No conflict, no hesitation, no regrets. He even fried the face of the other dude that actually told him the truth the whole time! Odd that Lindsay would rush all the way there and then drive away after a few words exchanged. She seems like the kind of person who would have forced Voight to have to kill him in front of her.

Why does Antonio keep getting the leadership offers? Did Olinsky give some kind of mandate never to be in charge of anything?
Old May 26th, 2016, 05:33 AM #35
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I'd argue Antonio is the only cop out the three (himself, Voight, and Olinsky) who Commander Crowley sees as having any morals. Hank and Olinsky have been shown to beat up suspects, and from what I remember (please correct me if I'm wrong) the only time Antonio stooped to that point was when his son was taken and he was going to shoe a knife in some guy's eye but didn't do it.

I can understand why Lindsay drove away. I always felt like she "blindly" followed Voight no matter what she said, and still will do it. Despite showing a glimpse of her having her own voice in terms of how Voight deals with criminals in front of her, she still follows what he said because he helped her so much over the years. I actually wished she defied him more, but I always saw it getting to the point where she would have to choose following Voight or going against him.
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:09 AM #36
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Oh man. Do not mess with Voight. Damn. That was crazy season finale.
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:48 AM #37
> Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Dr. Who 07
Proud Earper

Olinsky has been known as voight's right hand man so there's no way they'd think he'd be better than voight.

plus he probably also did said at one point "hell no, don't ask me again" to a promotion

Chicago P.D.: Brian Geraghty Not Returning for Season 4

“When we wanted to do this Roman character, [executive producer] Dick [Wolf] in particular really wanted Brian Geraghty” for the role, executive producer Matt Olmstead explains. “[Geraghty] had a lot of choices, and we courted him and pitched him what the show could be, and we were crossing our fingers that we’d get him. He is the most level-headed, decent human being you’re going to encounter, and he’s upfront. He was like, ‘I don’t know if I can commit to a seven-year contract. This sounds great, but I’ve got to take it year by year,’ which Dick doesn’t do very often. But the deal was made.”

When Olmstead checked in with Geraghty after the midseason point this year, the actor * who served as an executive producer on the 2015 film The Stanford Prison Experiment * expressed his desire to pursue other projects. “He’s also a producer and wants to get stuff off the ground that he’s been working on and wanted to give us a heads-up and include us in the conversation,” Olmstead says. “It was the most civil, level-headed, mutual fan-fest agreement and departure that I’ve ever been a part of, because he was just very decent about it.

Chicago P.D. Boss on Voight's Rage, 'Baby Steps' for 'Linstead' and More

TVLINE | Does the death of his son push Voight over the edge back into his old self next season?
Yes, we’re going to see a different side of him, because he goes from short fuse to no fuse. It’s not going to go back to what we call the other side of street, where he’s taking payouts from drug dealers, even though in his mind, it was a la Robin Hood, using that money to help free up other kids. It’s not like he’s in self-destruct mode. [His mindset is], “My right and wrongs are that much more cut-and-dry for me, and my desire to right wrongs is that much more clear to me.” Is the net of doing that somewhat more direct, possibly brutal? That’s what he has to keep an eye on [and] what people in his unit have to keep an eye on. So it’s a different side of Voight, because ain’t no way he can lose a son and not have that affect him.
i'm really not gonna miss roman i didn't like him

Last edited by Dr. Who 07; May 26th, 2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old May 26th, 2016, 08:18 AM #38
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Good. I didn't like Roman that much. He had a lot of bad attitude in the show. He was also pretty jerk.

So, Voight's old self will be back in the next season, eh? I'm curious to see how this goes. I actually like that character a lot.
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:35 PM #39
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

Wow, reading that they had Geraghty in mind for the role from the start makes a lot of sense, he WAS Roman. That's why I loved him so much, because he felt like a real person, not just a drummed-up dramatic creation like so many television characters.

And knowing that he wanted out makes the exit that much better. In a world where shocking deaths have become the status quo, to have his departure stem from a simple bureaucratic disagreement to him doing the job is again, what a real person goes through.

I'm wondering if this means Burgess can finally get into Intelligence. The only reason she opted out before was to stay Roman's partner, and I liked them together. I'm not sure if I'll be on board with her having yet a third partner, unless they were to somehow get Trudy back on the streets to join her.
Old August 8th, 2016, 09:20 AM #40
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

There's a new Chicago Fire/Chicago PD cross show romance happening this season: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/07...alflow_twitter