Home Menu

Menu

Old May 9th, 2019, 07:49 AM #961
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

Also, can we talk about how Kevin just cannot catch a break from the writers? Having his boyfriend move away, getting cult-married and now
having his kidney harvested.
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:29 AM #962
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Hiram's totally
putting a hit on Archie's dad because he isn't going to off his own daughter and killing Fred will hurt Archie a lot more than if he killed him (if that makes sense)

Betty:
no personal boundaries? She just yanks up Kevin's shirt...

if
Jason is truly the Gargoyle King, we may have our Jump-The-Shark moment (not that it couldn't be argued it happened way before this)...

who was that body they dredged out of the river then? An identical triplet?
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 01:22 PM #963
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Agent Z wrote: View Post

Also, can we talk about how Kevin just cannot catch a break from the writers? Having his boyfriend move away, getting cult-married and now
having his kidney harvested.
We've been talking about it since last season, and nothing has changed. It's boring to keep talking about.

The writers absolutely hate Kevin. Which is a damn shame, because Kevin Cott is doing such a great job.

bearytrek wrote: View Post

Betty:
no personal boundaries? She just yanks up Kevin's shirt...
When you go insane, your privacy tends to be ignored.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2019, 08:34 AM #964
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

If i had a pound for everytime betty picked a lock with a hair pin
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 08:24 PM #965
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Oh boy
Well that was a jam-packed finale, but first. Spring Break: Senior Year. So obviously first off, missing Jug and burning his beanie. I feel like it's a bit too obvious that Jug would be dead, on the other hand... But yeah I feel like Jug is off screen disposing of the body or something and once we get to that moment, or another flash forward if they go that route, we'll see it but I guess yeah, we'll see.

Penelope, all along. I liked the Gargoyle King plot overall but I feel like, with the reveal of the culprit...that it sorta came out of almost nowhere. I say almost, cause her reasons make total sense for her, but still. Hal was a stooge, assumedly Chick was caught? I mean they didn't say, so maybe we'll get Black Hood 2 next season. I did appreciate they answered the question about Chick, and did tie these last three seasons together in a way. Kinda disappointed with the trials. Mainly, the guys' were just to fight someone. Yay....*sarcasm*. I mean Archie's sorta made sense, but Jugs? Of course Betty and Veronica's were more interesting and really those two proved they weren't like the town. But really, Archie and Jug just kicked the crap out of their opponents, hell I thought Archie was gonna kill the bear guy. I feel like those challenges either didn't really do anything to try and promote some quest to prove themselves better than the town, or they failed by just resorting to plain violence. Then again, Penelope didn't care(shocker) they succeeded, so it was all moot anyways.

Alice is an FBI informant. Gotta say, she certainly sold it. No, like literally, she sold her house to prove herself, damn. And ha! I bet people will still complain that Kevin got screwed just because he wasn't abducted with the others. But hey, at least he didn't vanish. Now we'll have that mystery to solve next season. All the robes were there...elaborate trap doors, or maybe Edgar did his mind mojo on Kevin to make him forget he saw anything of how they actually escaped? I will say, I don't jump on the 'poor Kevin is hated by the writers' bandwagon but I hope we get to see the after effects of the Farm on him, and hopefully he'll play some kind of role with clearing up the mystery. But in shows like this, some characters are just meant to be secondary and Kevin is that, so oh well.

Oh Cheryl...oh Cheryl...she's....she's totally nuts right? Like...she's keeping his corpse around to talk to, so she's totally going to be secretly crazy next season right? So creepy... Though part of me wonders if Edgar was really behind it as he claimed. Guess it's probably likely. And hey, surprise to no one, Hiram screwed over Hermione and Veronica by getting Hermione arrested. And obviously Hiram is living the high prison life. In his own damn prison, I mean seriously I feel like the FBI should've thought that one through a bit more, but maybe there's some legal reason why he can't be sent to another prison? I don't know, but he'll be gunning for Veronica so that should be fun. And I wonder if Reggie getting Veronica's cold shoulder again, and inevitably seeing her with Archie, will cause anything.

Oh yeah, and the lost son returns, as an FBI agent. I hope he's just an honest good guy, especially when the kids have to cover up a murder it'll make it more entertaining that Betty will have to lie to her honest FBI half brother. Also it makes it only a tad weird I feel that Charles is the half brother to both Betty and Jug, since those two are dating. I know, it doesn't really mean anything, but it does make you pause just a bit I feel. Hope there'll be fun with that.

So, parent tally time!
Betty: Dad dead, mother mysteriously vanished for the time being, so currently will either be staying with Jug or maybe Charles will over her a place wherever he's staying. I feel like a normal parent wouldn't let their teen's significant other stay with them on a normal, everyday basis but maybe I'm just off base here.

Veronica: Both still alive, but Hiram is evil and in jail and Hermione is...well still kinda evil and heading towards jail as well leaving Veronica in the care of Smithers for now.

Jug: Mother is gone with the wind, for now but hey dad is still alive and, somewhat surprisingly, still sheriff. Yay Jug?

Archie: Mother still around, and maybe Ringwald will stick around more next season. Fred...well there's only so long you can write him as being on trips or Archie just not being around him so I'm counting him gone in some way by next season. And now he's going to try and open Archie's Juice Bar. Where teens can "volunteer" to teach martial arts, do holiday activities, various get togethers involving food, and probably rack up the food cost when he keeps having food spilling on a couple bumbling punks. Also, he needs a Hawaiian shirt. Just sayin.

But no, fun finale and next season will likely be crazy too. It's sort of adorable seeing the four of them vowing to have a normal life. You'd think by now they wouldn't be so naÔve! Though I kinda really want to see one or more of them actually really try for a normal life. Like purposely turn a blind eye to next season's craziness, deny deny deny, that kinda thing. That'd be fun.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:30 PM #966
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Ugh, after dragging out the mystery all year, the finale was rushed as hell. The entire explanation of the season AND setup for the rest of the episode was crammed into the first five minutes!

Don't know why I didn't guess The Gargoyle King was
Chic, we all knew he wasn't killed last season, but I really wasn't putting any effort into figuring it out anyway.

That said, if it was supposed to be Chic all along, it feels dumb that his feelings toward Betty didn't play any part in the events. Just "who doesn't want to be king", lame.

And I might have actually been floored that
the FBI agent was Betty's long-lost brother if he hadn't hemmed and hawed right before saying it.

Interesting that The Farm mystery still isn't over yet, I wonder what there is left to expose. Or maybe they're just writing Madchen Amick out...

And did anybody else find it weird
Evelyn called her husband Dad in private?
Old May 16th, 2019, 04:56 AM #967
> jeffrey213
Power Ranger

jeffrey213
Power Ranger

Just finished the first season, got to say.. it was pretty darn good.
jeffrey213 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 05:48 AM #968
> daaarn
Power Ranger

daaarn
Power Ranger

Missed last week's episode and missed the first part of the season finale so I was super confused about everything. Will have to backtrack a little bit to get caught back up. This whole season has been such a mess of plot points and artificial turns. S1 is still the best while I have a lot of middle episodes in S2 to catch up on, but S3 seemed to drag a little too much. With so many episodes in a season now, I feel like they were adding so many twists just to fill up episodes while still trying to tie them together. Feel like they could've just done some standalone episodes that focused on character development or world building instead.
daaarn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 06:17 AM #969
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Interesting that The Farm mystery still isn't over yet, I wonder what there is left to expose. Or maybe they're just writing Madchen Amick out...

And did anybody else find it weird
Evelyn called her husband Dad in private?
I imagine the only thing left for the Farm is just finding out how they vanished, and catching them. I mean I /guess/ Edgar could turn around and return for revenge, but it doesn't really feel like his character. He's got a good scam going if he doesn't screw it up in a way. I don't think it'll take much of S3's time though.

I think that's kind of the point with Evelyn and Edgar, it's suppose to be weird. I mean they've been living this father/daughter life again and again for several years, it's bound to alter things even in private. Or she just enjoys calling him daddy, hey whatever floats your weird cult-family boat and all.
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:55 AM #970
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

If the writers objective was to make me not care about this season.... they sure did succeed
As of right now, Iíd believe you if you told me they had manatees in a tank fishing out idea balls like that episode of south park.

The ending looked somewhat interesting, if it actually happens and leads into what popped into my mind, then great, but eh... this show is getting extra wild for no reason to me

daaarn wrote: View Post

With so many episodes in a season now, I feel like they were adding so many twists just to fill up episodes while still trying to tie them together. Feel like they could've just done some standalone episodes that focused on character development or world building instead.
I completely agree...as soon as i saw season 2 went up in episodes i dreaded it, and what i expected happened. Too much time to fill and not enough substance. Its why season 1 worked so well cause they was able to stay linear

Last edited by toejammer; May 16th, 2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old May 16th, 2019, 12:34 PM #971
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

This whole season has been such a mess of plot points and artificial turns. S1 is still the best while I have a lot of middle episodes in S2 to catch up on, but S3 seemed to drag a little too much. With so many episodes in a season now, I feel like they were adding so many twists just to fill up episodes while still trying to tie them together. Feel like they could've just done some standalone episodes that focused on character development or world building instead.
This is basically Riverdale's gilded cage now. If they deviate from the mystery pattern, it automatically feels like padding no matter how good that actual story might be. That there always needs to be this overarching plot rather than a series of smaller arcs that actually make these characters feel like the ineffectual teenagers striving for relevance they actually started as in that wonderful first season. It would even be worth it if the secrets revealed at the end were these Earth-shattering moments, but both the Black Hood and Gargoyle King identities were met with a resounding "meh" due to them easily being guessed, counter to the information given prior, or just trying to give purpose to the otherwise purposeless.
Old May 16th, 2019, 02:05 PM #972
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

With so many episodes in a season now, I feel like they were adding so many twists just to fill up episodes while still trying to tie them together. Feel like they could've just done some standalone episodes that focused on character development or world building instead.
i do miss the high school life that the show originally dabbled in before the mystery-of-the-season took over

I guess
Weatherbee, Fangs and whomever else were Farmies will not be present next season...so there's going to be a new principal then?

I guess undercover informant for the FBI is their unbrainwashing excuse for Alice but how's Kevin going to recover to being somewhat functional?

As for next season's tease...nah, I don't think they killed Jug but they are covering up evidence of something...maybe protecting him from something Jug did that's illegal?

Was resigned that Penelope was probably not going to be seen again given how the episode was going but she got away so Cheryl isn't an orphan yet...
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 03:53 PM #973
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

ďKevinís father is a lawman.Ē Um, no he isnít Cheryl. He was fired remember?

Um, Archie, how are you and Reggie friends? You barely even qualify as acquaintances.

So... who was the original Gargoyle King? Who killed Principal Featherhead?

Please tell that flash forward was just Archie imagining the worse case scenario.

Of course Kevin got left behind.

Why the hell didn't Alice just tell Betty she was undercover when she was locked up in the bunker?

And what was up with the flying babies from the first episode of this season?

Last edited by Agent Z; May 16th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 04:48 PM #974
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

I feel like this season should have ended with a timeskip, tbh. Catch everything up to Josie over in Katy Keene being like, 25-26 and have the Riverdale crew be actual adults since their actors are getting there. I'unno.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 05:01 PM #975
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

I feel like this season should have ended with a timeskip, tbh. Catch everything up to Josie over in Katy Keene being like, 25-26 and have the Riverdale crew be actual adults since their actors are getting there. I'unno.
I liked it in one tree hill, and Iíd probably like it in this
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:45 PM #976
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Agent Z wrote: View Post

ďKevinís father is a lawman.Ē Um, no he isnít Cheryl. He was fired remember?

Um, Archie, how are you and Reggie friends? You barely even qualify as acquaintances.

So... who was the original Gargoyle King? Who killed Principal Featherhead?

Why the hell didn't Alice just tell Betty she was undercover when she was locked up in the bunker?
Well Kevin's dad has been working with F.P. though. Might not have been explicitly stated but I could see F.P. rehiring him even if it was just a deputy. So might not be wrong. Or...she's lying to try and scare them. Failed, but it's a common tactic.

I would assume the original GK that killed Featherhead was either Penelope, or just a hired goon to play the part. I mean he died from drinking the poison so the GK was just the usual scare tactic.

I imagine Alice didn't tell Betty cause one, she's her mom and wants to protect her and wont always tell her child everything. Also, the classic answer that if Alice told her, she wouldn't react appropriately and it could give it away to Edgar.

You can be friends with people that you don't always hang out with. Or maybe Archie considers him a friend, but next season with him and Veronica hooking back up, Reggie will think differently. But for now, yeah he still considers Reggie a friend.
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:56 PM #977
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

This was the first of the shows that I've been watching this season to get renewed, and I was happy about that. After watching the finale though, I'm not sure I want to stick around for the fourth season. The whole plot is just lost on me now and I'm not sure I understand what's going on anymore.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:04 PM #978
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

This was the first of the shows that I've been watching this season to get renewed, and I was happy about that. After watching the finale though, I'm not sure I want to stick around for the fourth season. The whole plot is just lost on me now and I'm not sure I understand what's going on anymore.
What're you lost on?
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:43 PM #979
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru

Alitain wrote: View Post

What're you lost on?
Too much to mention. I was probably never into the show at all.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:24 PM #980
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Storm Eagle wrote: View Post

Too much to mention. I was probably never into the show at all.
Okay? Well if you feel like asking here people who watch can probably help with any confusion.