Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2015, 12:07 AM #21
Storm Eagle's Avatar
> Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,573
Storm Eagle
Sotumu Iguru
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,573



I'm morbidly curious about this.
Storm Eagle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2015, 05:18 PM #22
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,716
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,716



Having just read the new rebooted Archie #1, I think this can work if done properly.

IF done properly.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2016, 03:05 AM #23
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,718
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,718



Pilot has been commissioned, with a script by Archie COO Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

http://archiecomics.com/archie-comic...tion-tv-pilot/
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2016, 01:18 PM #24
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,496
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,496



The CW, eh? If Fox wasn't a good place for it, The CW is the only other good one.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 01:52 PM #25
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,718
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,718



Lili Reinhart and Carl Sprouse cast as Betty and Jughead

http://deadline.com/2016/02/riverdal...ot-1201699204/
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 02:06 PM #26
BOBBOBMO's Avatar
> BOBBOBMO
The Black Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 929
BOBBOBMO
The Black Ranger
BOBBOBMO's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 929



Nice, can't wait to see who's cast as Archie and Veronica.
BOBBOBMO is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 02:57 PM #27
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,496
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,496



Cody's Jughead? That definitely can fit.

I wonder if he'll get the hat.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 06:44 PM #28
BOBBOBMO's Avatar
> BOBBOBMO
The Black Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 929
BOBBOBMO
The Black Ranger
BOBBOBMO's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 929



I wonder if he'll dye his hair black.
BOBBOBMO is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 06:47 PM #29
AkaGreen's Avatar
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,863
AkaGreen
JusticeForK
AkaGreen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,863



Cole as Jughead.... that could actually work.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 07:18 PM #30
ZandarLantyriel's Avatar
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 580
ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice
ZandarLantyriel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 580



I'm genuinely intrigued especially for the remainder of the casting. Also wondering if Kevin gets introduced right away or way later on.
ZandarLantyriel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 03:34 AM #31
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,718
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,718



New Zealander KJ Apa has been cast as Archie, while Ashleigh Murray has been cast as Josie. Luke Perry has been cast as Fred Andrews.

http://deadline.com/2016/02/riverdal...ot-1201708847/

http://archiecomics.com/the-cw-river...-fred-andrews/
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 03:35 AM #32
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,496
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,496



KJ Apa? He was rumored to be on the short list for Jason in the PR movie.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:38 AM #33
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,716
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,716



ZandarLantyriel wrote: View Post

I'm genuinely intrigued especially for the remainder of the casting. Also wondering if Kevin gets introduced right away or way later on.
In the rebooted comic universe, he's there from the get go, with Veronica being the one who moves to Riverdale at the start of the series. I wonder if the series will follow the same route of having Betty and Archie being a couple, then breaking up before the first issue with Veronica coming in just after?
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 08:42 AM #34
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,718
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,718



BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

In the rebooted comic universe, he's there from the get go, with Veronica being the one who moves to Riverdale at the start of the series. I wonder if the series will follow the same route of having Betty and Archie being a couple, then breaking up before the first issue with Veronica coming in just after?
That would make sense, a lot of the book feels like it's trying out plots that would fit perfectly into a CW show.
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 06:57 PM #35
ZandarLantyriel's Avatar
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 580
ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice
ZandarLantyriel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 580



As much as I know rationally that most of the characters' foibles won't be caricatured (too far), I wonder how far they'll go with:

Jughead's near-obsession with food
Moose's below-average IQ
Kevin's sexuality
Archie's 'innocent' womanizing

I'm not too worried if they make Veronica bitchy (ala Cordelia) as it wouldn't make me like her any less; if anything it would make her feel more real to me, rather than having her only be mildly stuck up like in the comics.

This is the CW, so I think it's safe to say Riverdale isn't going to look like Pleasantville. I only hope it doesn't turn into "90210" *shudder*.
ZandarLantyriel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:09 AM #36
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,496
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 82,496



ZandarLantyriel wrote: View Post

Kevin's sexuality
It's 2016, they'll play that shit up to the extreme.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:46 AM #37
> ⚡Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,655
Salted Pepper
Duck Mod
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 5,655



ZandarLantyriel wrote: View Post

Jughead's near-obsession with food
Well, there are people in real life who seem to constantly eat and not gain weight, so it would work but from a production perspective it would make sense to tone it down a bit, half eaten food is basically asking for continuity errors.
Maybe it will be a running gag, the characters talk about him stuffing his face constantly but he's never seen eating.

Moose's below-average IQ
If the tone is more comedic they could easily portray him as dumb as a rock, that would be sad in a serious show, so in that case I assume they'd go for lazy and uninterested

Kevin's sexuality
No need to change that, he'll be gay. How much he actually get's to date is another story but I'd only be offended by a lack of dating of he's the exception while everyone around him dates. If he's just one of several characters not shown dating I'd be fine with it.

Archie's 'innocent' womanizing
I'm sure that will be gone, it would be almost impossible to portray it as innocent. People would call Archie a manwhore, slut, cheater etc. after three episodes. He won't even date Betty and Veronica and the same time, that would lead to so much drama it's not even funny.



I'm not too worried if they make Veronica bitchy (ala Cordelia) as it wouldn't make me like her any less; if anything it would make her feel more real to me, rather than having her only be mildly stuck up like in the comics.
Early Cordelia of season 1 was downright cruel, Veronica can't be like that if they want to keep the triangle, she had to be a viable choice for that to work which she wouldn't be if she's too mean. I'd make her snarky and genuinely funny but not bitchy. Cordelia was a much better character when she stopped being bitchy, she was okay on Buffy but only became a great character on Angel.

This is the CW, so I think it's safe to say Riverdale isn't going to look like Pleasantville.
Why not? While The CW is the pretty people network their settings are actually relatively varied. The Vampire Diaries is filmed in Georgia, it has a southern, old timey feel. iZombie is contemporary and urban, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is in sunny California. The Flash is also urban but a bit futuristic (except when it's retro on Earth-2) and The 100 takes place on post apocalyptic earth.

Going for a slightly retro look would help set Riverdale apart from all the other teen dramas visually. That doesn't mean setting it in the 50s just that it looks like it to some degree. Think Grease with cell phones but keep the old fashioned cars, no poofy skirts but modern attitudes, their hang out could look like a 50s diner but serve sushi.
I could easily see Veronica in pencil skirts and Betty in capris and flat shoes for example.
Salted Pepper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 03:37 AM #38
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,716
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,716



They keep mentioning that the Riverdale has a dark side, so I wonder if that means we're going to get Sabrina and her aunts at some point.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 08:58 AM #39
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,245
eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,245
eBay



BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

They keep mentioning that the Riverdale has a dark side, so I wonder if that means we're going to get Sabrina and her aunts at some point.
If halfway through the season, this show turns into Afterlife with Archie then it'll be the greatest thing ever.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2016, 12:45 PM #40
ZandarLantyriel's Avatar
> ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 580
ZandarLantyriel
Bandora's Apprentice
ZandarLantyriel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 580



Pepper wrote: View Post

Why not? While The CW is the pretty people network their settings are actually relatively varied. The Vampire Diaries is filmed in Georgia, it has a southern, old timey feel. iZombie is contemporary and urban, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is in sunny California. The Flash is also urban but a bit futuristic (except when it's retro on Earth-2) and The 100 takes place on post apocalyptic earth.

Going for a slightly retro look would help set Riverdale apart from all the other teen dramas visually. That doesn't mean setting it in the 50s just that it looks like it to some degree. Think Grease with cell phones but keep the old fashioned cars, no poofy skirts but modern attitudes, their hang out could look like a 50s diner but serve sushi.
I could easily see Veronica in pencil skirts and Betty in capris and flat shoes for example.
I actually didn't mean the setting but rather the saccharine 'everything's-perfect' tone (ironic or not) of Pleasantville. You're right, a retro-esque feel to the town would be fun, a great homage to the source material, and help it distinguish itself from other like shows in the genre. Much like how "Bates Motel" updated itself with flashdrives and smartphones and yet Norma drives the same older period car.
ZandarLantyriel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.