Home Menu

Menu

Old August 8th, 2018, 09:28 AM #121
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Well, that was obviously meant to be a series finale. I don't think the creators/writers expected a season 6 pickup. I know I was shocked they got one so early.

As per usual, since pretty much no one else posts in this thread, not gonna bother with spoiler tags, lol.

With Monty perishing in the finale, that leaves just Abby/Clarke, Bellamy/Octavia, and possibly Kane as main cast members from season 1 still on the show. >_>

Overall this wasn't a bad season. I felt like they handled the criminals a little worse than they could've, (the 2 factions were kinda pointless), and they made Octavia do a 180 on her new behavior back to her old behavior in the finale, which was odd. But overall I liked it.

Seemed a bit weird the grounders just accepted Madi as their new leader though considering they went 6 years with Octavia.

And flash forward 125 years to a new planet. Kinda interested to see where season 6 will go. I assume they'll encounter the other mining operation people who lost contact with the ship they mentioned.

I am curious why Monty and Harper never woke up one of them to tell them what they were doing and instead trusted that their son's chamber would open before everyone else's. >_>
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 10:50 AM #122
> Claymore
Angemon!

Claymore
Angemon!

Fyntabulous wrote: View Post

As per usual, since pretty much no one else posts in this thread, not gonna bother with spoiler tags, lol.
Awww.

I've always popped into this thread every now and again just to see some quick glimpses of opinions as this show has been on my 'to watch list' for AGES. I mean, I'm a massive fan of The Tribe, so this show is going to be golden. Really need to start this soon.
Claymore is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 03:02 PM #123
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Now would be a good time to watch it.

Seasons 1-5 look like they're going to be pretty much self-enclosed.

Season 6 is starting off on a whole new story. Most of the main cast will obviously carry over, but that's about it.
Old August 8th, 2018, 06:02 PM #124
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Yeah, season five was pretty clearly intended as a final season, or at least written with that in mind just in case they didn't receive another season order. This season was good, though there were some things that I found to be a little strange - like how they portrayed Octavia as a leader. I really wanted to see her lead well, but... I guess that made sense. She has a redemption arc ahead of her.

The Grounder's never seemed to really be all in on the 'red queen' thing, so Madi coming in and taking over her role as commander and them following after Octavia was proven not to be perfect made sense to me. Also, in the last act, some of the most emotional scenes came from Madi as commander so I'm willing to overlook it. Like when Lexa showed Madi Mt Weather.

I'm sad that Monty and Harper are gone, but I'm glad that they had each other up to the end. It's such a touching and fitting ending for them after their arcs over the season.

I'm excited to see the new planet. I hope they take advantage of it being strange, different, and new like they did with the radioactive butterflies in season one.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2018, 01:51 AM #125
> CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

very curious what they will do for the 6th season. They could end up taking the show in an entirely different direction with maybe them encountering a technology advanced culture. It would make an interesting contrast with the grounders and a advanced race
CaptainCanoe is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2018, 03:29 AM #126
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

I'm excited to see the new planet. I hope they take advantage of it being strange, different, and new like they did with the radioactive butterflies in season one.
I'm still bitter they never revisited that giant mutant river snake from the pilot.
Old August 28th, 2018, 02:37 AM #127
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

I waited to watch the season at a faster pace once it finished airing. And yeah, it's still the best thing the CW has, and still criminally underrated. When it finishes, they need to do whatever they can to keep the writers for something else after.

I had to check and be sure this wasn't the series finale with that ending because it kinda seems like this would be the best place for it to stop. I don't know how you continue on and stay satisfying with all the action and drama fans expect out of it without burning out once you move to a whole new planet with the supposed hope for something better. Especially if the show only goes another season or two (and beyond that, I don't know if I'd even want it to try to force itself forward).

In any case, what we've got, as usual, is much better than one could expect if comparing this show to most of the other stuff on the CW. It's not perfect, but it's extremely good with character drama and sweeping action/suspense. The other shows could learn a thing or two from them.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2019, 06:47 PM #128
> Zhane
Aussies Rule PR '06 -'09

Zhane
Aussies Rule PR '06 -'09

Here is the extended trailer for Season 6, out April 30th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTwy1E6CW4w&t=0s
Zhane is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2019, 05:40 PM #129
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

looks like the first 2 episodes of season 6 have leaked
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:38 PM #130
> scoots99
Drago Power

scoots99
Drago Power

First 2 eps of the new season were great

I STILL can't believe how likable resident cockroach Murphy has become he's come such a long way to being a good person without losing any of his edge

Sanctum's giving off major cult vibes with the constant "let me tell you how to think" Intercom going off eager to see the dark secrets that await

The Children of Gabriel are equally fascinating I hope we get to see their stomping grounds next

Octavia needs to get ahold of herself and stop with the "sword first questions" later or she's gonna end up dead like she wants Bellamy was right to disown her they can't have her fucking shit up for them

Poor Naive Jordan almost screwed Skykru with his big mouth and he got cockblocked by a CoG it was not his night

Dyoza is still a preggo badass I hope she is able to survive outside the shield and join with the CoG I'm beginning to think they are gonna be the lesser of two evils on Sanctum notice how they didn't kill Dyoza/Gaia/Maddie when they had the chance tells me they are not for killing unprovoked unless it's Prime related and for all we know that's justified

CoG cut off their dead friend's head and have a mantra of Death being life not to mention Russel's peeps are oddly set on retrieving the bodies Dyoza killed on the ship methinks Murphy ain't the only one coming back from the dead on Sanctum

Clarke's gotta a lot of work to do to earn Raven's and the others trust back after she betrayed them like that last season get to it Clarke

Poor Cain (Kane?) got to wake up for a hot second before almost dying again I hope he pulls through

I love this show so much highly looking forward to the rest of the season
scoots99 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 12:12 AM #131
> CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

CaptainCanoe
Pssssst. behind you!

Man crazy episode four

I guess Clark should of listened to her instincts and "Get Out" while she had the chance
CaptainCanoe is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2019, 09:03 PM #132
> Zhane
Aussies Rule PR '06 -'09

Zhane
Aussies Rule PR '06 -'09

Meet Mr. & Mrs Morley:-

https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-100...vwAVxZuFu4kJZE

Didn't see that coming!!
Zhane is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2019, 06:52 AM #133
> Co-Chan
Power Ranger

Co-Chan
Power Ranger

It has been confirmed there will be a season 7! yay!
Co-Chan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote