Home Menu

Menu

Old March 6th, 2015, 11:35 AM #81
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Because being exposed to the sun at a closer distance caused the Ark people to develop immunity to the radiation at a much faster rate than the grounders.
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 10:06 PM #82
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

There's a giant snake in the river and apparently an even bigger one in the ocean? :/ And Jaha threw one of the guys overboard to save him and Murphy. Wtf.

...did Indra just dismiss Lincoln's guard AND leave him a weapon? So she DOESN'T agree with Lexa? O_o

Raven just has everythinig bad happen to her :/ I screamed in horror when she big through that guy's neck though. :/

And Clarke kills the old president to show the new president she isn't kidding... then threatens to irradiate level 5, killing everyone, even the children if he didn't let the Ark people go. Holy shit Clarke is a badass. Haha.

...why didn't Clarke just use the loudspeakers to announce to everyone that the President is willing to sacrifice all of them instead of being diplomatic and coming to a deal that would work for everyone? Methinks everyone else would beat the President until he was dead. >_>

So Jasper intends to kill the President because he tried to kill Maya. Let's see how this goes shall we.

:/ Clarke/Bellamy killed all of the mountainmen, even Maya and the children in order to save Octavia and Abby. :/

And the President and Emerson escape, but Cage is found by Lincoln... and promptly has his hand chopped off then Lincoln kills him by injecting him with the red serum they used to make reapers. Damn karma. Damn.

And why are they back at Camp Jaha? Wouldn't Mount Weather be much more secure and safe?

Clarke leaves everyone, knowing the guilt of what she did would be on her mind anytime she saw one of their faces...

Murphy finds a bunker with a video inside showing a man admitting to beiing the reason the launch codes were found (and presumably why the world ended), mentioning "she" did it. Jaha follows the drone and finds the city of lights... a pristine Mansion... with a strange woman inside... who is a hologram, saying she's been waiting for him for a long time.

...and it's apparently the consciousness of the woman the man talked about, as she found Jaha's missile (that he landed on Earth in), and apparently intends to nuke the world again. :/

And that is the end of season 2... the Grounders/Ark alliance is questionable, the 43 are reunited with Camp Jaha, Clarke left the group out of guilt because she and Bellamy killed all the mountainmen, Jasper seems like an empty shell over losing Maya, Lincoln was exiled from the grounders, Indra betrayed Lexa by allowing him to leave, and all of the mountainmen are dead except Emerson, the guard they "rescued" a while back. And Murphy/Jaha are on another island/continent. One in a bunker with a ton of premium amenities, the other in a mansion with a holographic lady with a nuclear torpedo.
Old March 13th, 2015, 12:34 AM #83
> scoots99
Drago Power

scoots99
Drago Power

Myzou wrote: View Post

There's a giant snake in the river and apparently an even bigger one in the ocean? :/ And Jaha threw one of the guys overboard to save him and Murphy. Wtf.

...did Indra just dismiss Lincoln's guard AND leave him a weapon? So she DOESN'T agree with Lexa? O_o

Raven just has everythinig bad happen to her :/ I screamed in horror when she big through that guy's neck though. :/

And Clarke kills the old president to show the new president she isn't kidding... then threatens to irradiate level 5, killing everyone, even the children if he didn't let the Ark people go. Holy shit Clarke is a badass. Haha.

...why didn't Clarke just use the loudspeakers to announce to everyone that the President is willing to sacrifice all of them instead of being diplomatic and coming to a deal that would work for everyone? Methinks everyone else would beat the President until he was dead. >_>

So Jasper intends to kill the President because he tried to kill Maya. Let's see how this goes shall we.

:/ Clarke/Bellamy killed all of the mountainmen, even Maya and the children in order to save Octavia and Abby. :/

And the President and Emerson escape, but Cage is found by Lincoln... and promptly has his hand chopped off then Lincoln kills him by injecting him with the red serum they used to make reapers. Damn karma. Damn.

And why are they back at Camp Jaha? Wouldn't Mount Weather be much more secure and safe?

Clarke leaves everyone, knowing the guilt of what she did would be on her mind anytime she saw one of their faces...

Murphy finds a bunker with a video inside showing a man admitting to beiing the reason the launch codes were found (and presumably why the world ended), mentioning "she" did it. Jaha follows the drone and finds the city of lights... a pristine Mansion... with a strange woman inside... who is a hologram, saying she's been waiting for him for a long time.

...and it's apparently the consciousness of the woman the man talked about, as she found Jaha's missile (that he landed on Earth in), and apparently intends to nuke the world again. :/

And that is the end of season 2... the Grounders/Ark alliance is questionable, the 43 are reunited with Camp Jaha, Clarke left the group out of guilt because she and Bellamy killed all the mountainmen, Jasper seems like an empty shell over losing Maya, Lincoln was exiled from the grounders, Indra betrayed Lexa by allowing him to leave, and all of the mountainmen are dead except Emerson, the guard they "rescued" a while back. And Murphy/Jaha are on another island/continent. One in a bunker with a ton of premium amenities, the other in a mansion with a holographic lady with a nuclear torpedo.
That guy that killed himself created skynet(the woman) calling it now
scoots99 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:39 AM #84
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

So, the actor who plays Murphy was promoted to main cast for season 3...

However, Raven, Jasper, Monty, Lincoln, Kane, and Jaha are not seen on the cast listing... at all.

Obviously probably just still in negotiations but it's still weird. :/ Clarke, Bellamy, Abby, and Octavia are also confirmed to still be main cast, so I don't know why 6 others are missing, that's just weird.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:42 AM #85
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I don't want to live in a world where Raven's not on the show.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:49 AM #86
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

They built Jaha up, so I don't know how he could be written out.

I'm just assuming until confirmation that the other 6 are in cast negotiations. Wouldn't surprise me if it was "We want more screentime" considering most of them aren't even in the show much
Old January 26th, 2016, 01:53 AM #87
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Sorry to bump this thread but i figured since last week was the season premiere. I still haven't seen it yet but it's on my dvr. I must say i wrote this show off, i quit after the pilot because all i saw was just another cw show. But after just watching the past 2 seasons on netflix and waiting to watch the 2 part premiere in entirety i must say i like this show now.
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 03:19 PM #88
> warrior shark0
Power Ranger

eBay
warrior shark0
Power Ranger

eBay

The 100

Is anyone else a fan of this series?,

A few friends of mine got me into the series back when Season 2 was just finishing up and I have become hooked since. I caught up within two weeks and have watched weekly since then.

I love the characters and the plots, although many things have been done before with a post apocalyptic world, this was a breath of fresh air and I am excited to see where they are going to go with the series now that the source (the 3 books) have been played out on TV,

Your thoughts?.
warrior shark0 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 03:25 PM #89
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

warrior shark0 wrote: View Post

Is anyone else a fan of this series?
Evidence of yes.

I still have to catch up with the second season, which is why I haven't been watching this year.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 03:26 PM #90
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Already a thread for this show: http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=167728
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 03:27 PM #91
> warrior shark0
Power Ranger

eBay
warrior shark0
Power Ranger

eBay

that died and besides one in Jan was almost a year ago lol
warrior shark0 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 03:29 PM #92
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

warrior shark0 wrote: View Post

that died and besides one in Jan was almost a year ago lol
Doesn't matter, you're supposed to use an existing thread, not make a new one.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 08:48 PM #93
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

The fact they killed Lexa entirely because her actress landed a role as a regular on the new Walking Dead show is annoying.

I have to say, although Jaha's storyline was ridiculously boring, I actually find myself more interested in it now that it's collided with the other ones and even the Grounders.
Old March 6th, 2016, 12:04 AM #94
> Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

i don't watch but apparently the gay community is all in an uproar over the disrespect the show had for its portrayal of the queer community with the recent killing of Lexa, saying how it's a disservice to give hope to the lgbt community and then rip it away from them with that death, or something like that. there's been a big unfollowing campaign of Jason Rothberg the exec producer, that is almost getting to fine bros levels, with him dropping like 15k followers on twitter after the last episode aired. the show will prolly keep going on fine tho, we'll see.

i think Richard harmon is on the show when i looked it up. I've seen him before on Continuum, so i know he's pretty good. i believe he's ciara hanna's bf but what do i know.

i might start watching it in the future but right now i have too many shows i currently keep track of XD
Lightsaberboy is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 02:20 AM #95
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

LOL, those people are ridiculous. They're just upset because a pairing they liked didn't get to stay forever, either being endlessly teased or given a happy ending. There are several LGBT characters on the show and they certainly have not all been killed. Even if they were, they would not be alone, since mountains upon mountains of people die on this show (and I do mean that literally).

The show is spectacular. It started off rough, but I just accepted that it would be this way. By the time you reach the current stories, you realize that some of the stuff people complained about either had an explanation waiting in the wings, or those points were developed into a workable, interesting plot. It's exceeded the crap out of my expectations and is now probably the best thing on the network for me.

And honestly, there's another actor who just got a big role elsewhere, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them get a dramatic sendoff either. Meanwhile, Lexa's death works so ridiculously well with the current storyline it's not even funny. Tragic as it was, it's opening the door to a smorgasbord of new directions for the surviving characters and their world as a whole. And really, this just makes the show much less predictable than most others going after the young adult market.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 03:00 AM #96
> Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

Lightsaberboy
COME ON!

i think it's more than just the ship pairing. i've seen articles and tweetts like this pop up saying how the death hurt the queer community.
https://twitter.com/versatilelexa/st...07997125316608

https://medium.com/@thrace/the-100-l...964#.i7c2x0qrv

i get that people would like proper representation in their shows and movies, but i don't really put that much stock in it cause most of the time the stories are fictional. but i'm not gay so i don't know if this is something people are really vying for. to me it seems more of a low self-esteem issue from a lot of viewers who are giving all the backlash. but is it low self-esteem because they're gay and have no one on tv properly representing them to give them hope? should tv even be something that people become depending on for representation and hope for those issues in the first place?

then again i don't put much stock in looking for the meaning behind those things in tv. i just watch it to be entertained, not to be insensitive . i jsut saw a lot of this kind of stuff filling up my twitter TL after the last ep aired so i figured it must've been a big deal or something >_> XD

i'll have to remember to watch this show. maybe i'll start it sometime in the summer when all the other shows are on break. one thingi noticed is that they never get a full season order tho, not even after the first renewal. is there a reason they don't give it a full 22-23 like the other cw shows other than the ratings?
Lightsaberboy is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 03:33 AM #97
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Yeah, that's the kind of reactionary stuff I'd expect to see. Forget story, or context, or character development- just focus on a character you like dying and comparing it to everything else you ever disliked on TV.

The thing is, I sympathize with the general sentiments. Gay characters have been marginalized and treated in all sorts of odd ways over the years, and it's sometimes annoying- occasionally really, really annoying. But that's usually because the story in question really only features one character of that type and so an identifying viewer feels an extra sense of loss when this character is handled "badly".

Except this is "The 100" and Lexa was a recurring guest star in a romance with Clarke the top series regular castmember, who is also LGBT and also awesome, and she's already been more-than-friendly with females other than Lexa. I understanding liking Lexa more than anyone else, but it's not like she's amazingly unique. She's not even the only queer female, let alone queer of any gender (there's at least two dudes I can think of, off the top of my head).

It's a post-apocalyptic show where people struggle for survival, from acid fog, wild animals, enemy tribes, political intrigue, treacherous friends, collapsed alliances, and more. Death occurs in almost every episode. Lexa's not the first, nor the last, even this month. She just happens to be a big favorite. I get why it sucks for those reasons. I also get that half the people calling for the showrunner's head will be glued to the TV next week, no matter how righteous their fury is this week.

I can't wait to see what people say when Clarke and Bellamy start earnestly courting each other and there's a flood of claims that her gayness was erased, entirely forgetting the fact that they killed Bellamy's love interest a few episodes before they killed Clarke's.

It's called drama! Just because they don't all get perfect happy endings doesn't mean the show doesn't respect the characters and the role they facilitate for viewers. Being temporary to a plot doesn't negate the statement characters made by being the kickass people they were for as long as we had them. It just makes it more precious. If we want an awesome lesbian hero that will never die or suffer a "minority fodder" fate, we should look on a show that doesn't routinely kill people of all types- that's all I'm saying.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2016, 06:31 PM #98
> Slippy1004
Power Ranger

Slippy1004
Power Ranger

I've seen a number of fanfics written by Clexa shippers that either have Clarke taking the bullet that would've hit Lexa, managed to heal Lexa after being hit, managed to get Lexa back to Abby so her mother can save the commander, or my favorite...somehow knew exactly when the gun was going to fire and pushed Lexa out of the way so she doesn't get hit.
Slippy1004 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2017, 03:49 PM #99
> Zhane
Aussies Rule PR '06 -'09

Zhane
Aussies Rule PR '06 -'09

CW show related:-

6 of "The 100" characters are getting their own pop vinyl figure!!

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/catalo...ult/?q=the+100
Zhane is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:12 PM #100
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

>_> Extracting Bone Marrow and Injecting it into people to help prevent radiation.

GEE. I wonder why this sounds familiar.

They're not much better than the mountain men now.