Home Menu

Menu

Old May 27th, 2014, 05:49 AM #41
> JP317
VIP Rider

JP317
VIP Rider

Yeah it was short, it was about a month and a bit in total but he wasn't in many episodes over that time so it was probably about three weeks worth of eps in total, if that.
JP317 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 12:30 PM #42
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

Woo, ratcheted tension. Finn's captured, Clarke's caught in a trap and now Monty's gone missing. You'd swear the finale was next week and not two weeks from now.

Bellamy and Raven's relationship was somewhat expected, so I'm glad Raven just decided "Hey, let's just bone and get it over with." Still like this girl a lot.

Non-shocker: Clarke's mom survived because she wasn't actually on the ship. Actual shocker: Meat suit Miles managed to survive the two arrow wounds for an entire afternoon! Yay for third wheels everywhere!

And adults refuse to go to the mess hall and save themselves, instead digging out fellow survivors from Earth monitoring. Teenagers keep stoking fires just to piss someone else off, burning everyone's food to ashes. WHY ARE WE ROOTING FOR THESE JACKASSES?
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 03:00 AM #43
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

So, let me get this straight. Murphy is almost killed, tries to kill someone else, gets exiled for it knowing full well that the Grounders would get to him, he returns to camp, they give him a second chance, he kills the people who would have killed him the first time, almost gets caught for it, blows a hole to escape through, and is let go knowing full well that the Grounders will get to him. What an incredible waste of time this has been. Where the hell is Monty?

Of course they wouldn't share equal time with the good story, that the Ark can make its own crash landing on Earth. Though, I found it incredibly hammy that Marcus would run a bajillion simulations and never once think of what was easily available on a home movie to a drunk Chancellor Jaha. Aiming thrusters toward the planet is 2 + 2 for a layman.

Oh, and Multiple Man, how'd you like your guest appearance this week?
Old June 6th, 2014, 02:22 AM #44
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Not bad.

I'm thinking maybe these Reaper characters are cannibals. And I'll assume that, wherever the surviving Ark lands, it'll be far enough away that we'll have at least half a season before any major reunions take place. Which works out fine, considering the current crisis, which I doubt will be resolved in an episode.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2014, 02:00 AM #45
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

Pretty good finale. Bellamy and Finn are presumed dead, Raven's probably paralyzed for good, Jaha's days are numbered, and Clarke, Monty and the gang have been taken captive by The Others--I mean the humans who stayed with the supplies that the 100 were supposed to have collected way back when we started this adventure before the Grounders distracted them. Speaking of which, good plan bringing in the Reapers (that we'd only heard about a week ago) to distract your enemies. How did they manage that without just getting killed by them instead?
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:10 AM #46
> darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

This just started in the UK on E4... after watching episode 1... Well, I finished the series in 2 days lol

Great show and looking forward to season 2.
darkshadowranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 01:50 AM #47
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

So after playing Lord of the Flies for a year, now we're playing The Hunger Games. Goody.

I'm glad Clarke can see through the lies. There's no way a civilization with their kind of resources could have missed Finn, Bellamy, and the ark itself in their sweeps. Now she's going along with things while mounting a true escape plan, that's what a leader would do. That's what her mom would do.

Octavia's plot bored me. More poisoning that has to be counteracted, big whoop. I guess we got the joy(?) of knowing where Lincoln got his name.

And with the adults now large and in charge, I can only wonder if that means a more cohesive populace, or a more chaotic one. The rules talk after Bellamy attacked Murphy sent a pretty strong message.
Old October 23rd, 2014, 02:15 AM #48
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

So after playing Lord of the Flies for a year, now we're playing The Hunger Games. Goody.

I'm glad Clarke can see through the lies. There's no way a civilization with their kind of resources could have missed Finn, Bellamy, and the ark itself in their sweeps. Now she's going along with things while mounting a true escape plan, that's what a leader would do. That's what her mom would do.

Octavia's plot bored me. More poisoning that has to be counteracted, big whoop. I guess we got the joy(?) of knowing where Lincoln got his name.

And with the adults now large and in charge, I can only wonder if that means a more cohesive populace, or a more chaotic one. The rules talk after Bellamy attacked Murphy sent a pretty strong message.
I'm saying chaotic
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 10:34 AM #49
> MMPRtheBEST
Power Ranger

MMPRtheBEST
Power Ranger

Watched season 1 over the summer, season 2 has started strong

Love Clarke's determination and that the adults are now on Earth
MMPRtheBEST is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:19 AM #50
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

So the name of the game this week was Gravity? All right, whatever gets Jaha back to Earth. Hard to believe it took him so long to figure out it was Wells guiding him, even an amateur could have figured it out by the time he started playing with the chess piece. Oh, and let's just ignore the fact he should have died and exploded the nanosecond his visor broke.

I'm happy for Raven even if her left leg's bad, hobbling's not nearly as bad as crawling. But I'm gonna call foul on this rescue party already, since three trained soldiers with firepower got gutted like they were ants. They'll probably succeed, but it's so fake if they do.

And boy, is Mt. Weather intriguing. They're getting infusions from kidnapped Grounders to heal their radiation damage? Pretty genius, even if it's evil genius.

And boy, is everything Octavia doing not intriguing. I don't care about your vampire/werewolf war, Bella...
Old November 1st, 2014, 08:16 AM #51
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Like many others, I was skeptical of this show and never showed interest, but I decided to give it a chance.

Although blood makes me queasy, I ended up binge watching the entirety of season 1 in 2 days and now I'm working on the 2 released episodes of season 2.

Thoughts on the characters so far:

I dislike Finn and Lincoln. Unnecessary characters. Would have much rather had Anya be the one who helped them to be honest. She's a much more likeable character, even with her bloodthirst, and that's saying something. :/ As for Finn, I don't see much reason for him to exist other than to create a rift between Raven and Clarke in season 1.

Bellamy I'm on the fence on, same with Clarke. They seem a little too Mary Sue. On that note, does Clarke remind anyone else of Rose McIver? She looks and sounds remarkably similar to her.

My favorite characters are Octavia (sans the romance with Lincoln), Jasper, Raven, and Monty. Even with little screentime, they're much more likeable and relatable. I don't have opinions of the adults really.

So onto thoughts about the second season:

Why are the mountain men being so nice to the 48 but so hostile towards the Grounders? I mean, it can't be the fact the 48 actually talk to them. There has to be something more there. And how is all of their food coming from an underground garden? They have dairy products, eggs, etc.

Why did no one question where Anya was? >_>

I really hate when shows manage to make a completely unlikable person like Murphy into someone you want to like. :/ He's also very multiple personality. Nice and helpful one second, next second murderous. >_> And how did his mother get so much alcohol if they were in space? The Ark didn't seem to have much.

Kane went from a character I was starting to like to someone I hate again. Ugh. Make up your mind. Compassionate or Dictator? FFS.

And the mountain men... harvest Grounder blood because apparently it has healing properties? O_o Can already see where this will go. Clarke and the other of the 48 will break out, save the grounders, and they'll form an Alliance against the Mountain Men. Just a matter of if Camp Jaha will be with or against them.

I think I understand why they're being so nice to the 48 now. They want them on their side. They can leave without radiation poisoning. If they get them to become their scouts to kidnap grounders, then they don't need to constantly waste grounder blood healing the people who went out.

On a random side note, am I the only one who really wants them to explore the ginormous sea serpent that attacked Octavia in the first episode again?

Also, I love the CW shows because they always cast such adorable guys, haha. Jasper, Monty and Bellamy's actors = <3 (Yes, I can see the appeal in people like Lincoln and Finn, but just not me. xD I dislike long hair on guys and as for Lincoln, my mind's kinda tainted from all the times we saw him with all that dirt, blood, and stuff all over his face. Really grossed me out as it looked like guts. And unlike the other guys, almost every appearance has had them. :/)
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 03:46 PM #52
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

Myzou wrote: View Post

On a random side note, am I the only one who really wants them to explore the ginormous sea serpent that attacked Octavia in the first episode again?
They seem to like dropping plot points such as those.

Yellow fog cloud of death, anyone?
Old November 2nd, 2014, 03:03 AM #53
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

God I hope not. X_x

At least the acid fog was mentioned again a few episodes later when Lincoln blew the horn.

I think what bothers me is the Grounders and 100 would've had a truce if Clarke had been smart. Add a little addendum to the "Try everything to get them to honor our agreement" thing with "And if they don't, we'll side with you."
Old November 2nd, 2014, 03:30 PM #54
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

I think what bothers me is the Grounders and 100 would've had a truce if Clarke had been smart. Add a little addendum to the "Try everything to get them to honor our agreement" thing with "And if they don't, we'll side with you."
But if Jasper hadn't fired, they might have just had one. That, or Clarke might have been killed.

If she's able to get Anya off Mt. Weather, we still have a chance at it.
Old November 6th, 2014, 03:00 AM #55
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

Wow, even when the adults finally look like they've descended into chaos like the kids, they STILL manage to pull a swerve. And I'm sure Abby will make a better chancellor than Marcus or Jaha did.

Clarke and Anya's agreement is as awkward as if it were real, constantly helping and then turning on each other. This is good, I like it. What's not good? The new Finn, which I don't buy for a second. That and all the crap Octavia's going through right now, saving the Grounder lady to get in her good graces was way too easy.
Old November 6th, 2014, 10:45 AM #56
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

The new Finn is just bad. :/ And how did the Grounders go from wanting to kill Octavia one minute to agreeing to use her as bait another? :/

And the Mountainmen drop the grounders who have lost too much blood in the tunnels, where the Reapers find them and bring them to the group to eat. :/

That's fucked up. And why did Anya save Clarke if she knew they'd have to jump off the dam and likely not survive? I'm not tbuying the "I need a prisoner" thing.
Old November 6th, 2014, 04:25 PM #57
> Cammy
This cage demeans us both

Cammy
This cage demeans us both

And why did Anya save Clarke if she knew they'd have to jump off the dam and likely not survive? I'm not buying the "I need a prisoner" thing.
Unfinished business. First Clarke, then the others.
Cammy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 04:29 PM #58
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

But the preview seems to suggest they're going to turn the tables and have Anya become Clarke's prisoner, and I assume at one point they're going to become allies, as they did save each other. Almost all of Anya's people are dead, yes, there are other grounders in her tribe, but they have other leaders, her people are mostly gone, and based on what we've seen with the grounders, it'll be seen as her fault. Anya needs Clarke and the others, and I think that's why she's doing it. Not so she has a prisoner to give the others, but because she needs them or she'll be all alone.

Knowing how this show work, I suspect Clarke & Anya, Kane & His Group, and Bellamy/Finn will show up at Luna's camp on the East Coast at the same time, whereas Octavia will be caught by the mountain men and find Lincoln. Lol.
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:09 PM #59
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

Well damn. There goes Sterling. Even if he was a background character, was getting used to him being around.

And Jaha winds up in the desert with the first non hostile grounders... naturally. >_>

Octavia saving Bellamy and the others seemed a little... annoying. You'd think the grounders would figure out that sometimes the horn won't be a real warning? We've yet to see the acid fog since it first appeared so it can't be too common.

That woman soldier... I want to see her just get fucked up.

And Jaha is betrayed by the people, because there's a bounty on "Sky People." I'm assuming she only told him what she did because he was willing to give himself up to save them.

And Clarke beating her in combat then letting her go once they reach Camp Jaha gave Anya a change of heart about setting up a meeting with their leader... then Anya gets shot and killed by the Camp Jaha guards. :/ The fuck, I actually liked Anya. -.-

Something tells me Abby's not going to be too thrilled that they shot Clarke then whacked here in the face with the gun though.
Old November 13th, 2014, 02:30 AM #60
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
The path I recommend

I thought the teenagers had finally smartened up, and then they don't even bother to look at a rope while a person REPELS down a cliff with it? Jesus Christ. But we obviously needed Bellamy to put his life in jeopardy so we could finally put the beef with Murphy aside, because them in the cage together a couple of weeks ago wasn't good enough. And right when they mention the deathly fog of death again, it's a literal false alarm? Bleh, bleh I say!

Raven, I can never say enough good about Raven. Yes, she's got a bum leg now, but she refuses to let that stop her. She tries to climb a freaking antenna with it, and instead of collapsing in tears when she fails, she just climbs down and gets to work on something else. When she's offered a better way to move around, instead of flying off the handle, she deflects the discussion with biting humor. This is a person who doesn't sulk, doesn't pout, she just deals. When people talk about realism in fiction, they need to understand that this is what that actually means, because the real world doesn't have time for our shit.

Speaking of real, I loved everything that happened with Jaha. He had to eat bugs to survive, he got understandably freaked out by the kid's appearance and the kid got understandably depressed thanks to it, he noticed the difference in choosing family over community, refused to leave that family in a lurch when the bad guys showed up, and figured out that he was sold out by the mom and totally forgave her for it because it would do them good in the end. Beautiful story all the way around.

And what the hell was with Anya? Yes, I get that the sky people are your enemies, and I know that Clarke's people killed your people, but Clarke couldn't have possibly helped you more in the past day than she already had, and still you want to kill her? I wonder if proving yourself in a fight is a Grounder thing or just her personal hangup.

And Clarke beating her in combat then letting her go once they reach Camp Jaha gave Anya a change of heart about setting up a meeting with their leader... then Anya gets shot and killed by the Camp Jaha guards. :/ The fuck, I actually liked Anya. -.-
My sentiments exactly.

Well damn. There goes Sterling. Even if he was a background character, was getting used to him being around.
I thought the girl made a much bigger impression, which is I guess why she lived, ever after getting hit with that arrow.