Home Menu

Menu

Old April 16th, 2014, 11:50 PM #21
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Finally, an episode not centered on the teenagers!

I've loved everything about the space station politics up to now. The idea that the Chancellor would be willing to lay down his life to show his dedication to the people, that his arch rival would prefer he remain alive when he was undoubtedly the one who asked Bellamy to shoot him in the first place was quite the swerve, the unfortunate truth that Clark's mom realized she got her husband killed for nothing, and the grand shock: That when faced with disaster, a collective of individuals can actually become more selfless as a result. See, teenagers, this is how you do the whole human thing properly.

Predictable love triangle BS, in Finn just happening to be the boyfriend Raven's been missing, but other than that, great job. BRING ON THE GROUNDERS!!!1!!!!1!2!
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:55 AM #22
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I loved what they did with the Grounders, in that we still have no idea what they're about. Bloodthirsty to be sure, but perhaps out of fear rather than aggression, given the one that tended to Octavia.

Also an interesting swerve in the lieutenant being the one who set up the hit on the Chancellor, which now makes me believe there's an entire coalition set against the current rule of the ark. And good on Octavia for calling Bellamy out on his shit, she didn't do anything to get him into all the trouble he has, at least up to the point where she ran off alone and hurt herself to where the Grounder could find her...

And speaking of good on a female character, "He could have waited more than ten days." You go, Raven, Finn doesn't deserve you. To grow up with someone, and not even give them a second thought the moment your circumstances change is beyond triflin'.
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:22 AM #23
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

I like that last episode was heavily focused on the Ark, while this one was mostly on the ground, with only flashbacks to Ark life from before the first episode. While the first few flashbacks added a bit of texture to the characters, I was glad to see that something we didn't know (that we couldn't just infer from everything we've been told already) was revealed at the end. They keep throwing revelations at us that I genuinely don't see coming at all.

And I can't emphasize enough how much better the romantic stories in this show are for me than in most of the other new CW shows right now. I like that, though Clarke is into Finn, she's sensitive to the situation and isn't acting like she's ready to fall apart just because the boy she likes isn't 100% devoted to her at all times. And she's certainly not going to leap to some crazy-dramatic actions based on her "epic love" that only started five minutes ago. Raven also continues to be awesome, even with the prerequisite love triangle stuff.

I still honestly don't know exactly where they're going with the season arc. I mean, I can extrapolate and make some guesses about what will happen with the Ark, but I like that it's not obvious how this might end.

I'm wondering if there aren't multiple tribes of Grounders, and they're not just all the exact same wild enemies, ready to chop all Ark people to pieces.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 02:52 PM #24
> Aris1013
Power Ranger

Aris1013
Power Ranger

I started watching this show just for Devon Bostick (Jasper) because I really like him as an actor, but now I'm hooked! This show is so good, it has been a really long time since I've watched a show that I cannot stop thinking about, and am super excited for the next episode. The show seems to be getting darker as it goes and I can't wait to see where goes from here.
Aris1013 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 03:00 PM #25
> wildranger
Banned

wildranger
Banned

Kick ass show
wildranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 06:11 AM #26
> varaques
Pink Ranger

eBay
varaques
Pink Ranger

eBay

ive been watching it so far its ok i hope it moves just a little bit faster tho
varaques is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2014, 02:22 AM #27
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Once again, it's the stuff happening on the ark that draws me in. Clarke's mom did a good thing, but that doesn't mean you get off the hook for it, so her seat of power is kicked out from under her. The chancellor decides that it's the secrets that are making everyone hate them, and he's totally right. Marcus is actually saddened by the loss of the 300 people they killed, so he's really not as evil as we thought. And suddenly there's this former chancellor who picks up all of the council's scraps, so she's probably exactly as evil as we think. And the biggest wrinkle of all, that apparently everyone was hoping that Earth was still uninhabitable, because now that they're sure it's not, they have no plan in place to rescue most of the population. Which would then make me wonder why the 300 people that just died affected them so much, when they knew they'd end up dying later anyway.

The kids really bored me this week. I went in thinking we'd have to deal with the tribulations of performing rudimentary surgery through auditory coaching and storming conditions, but we finish that relatively early and spend the rest of our time torturing a guy. Raven still gets my badass award for just stomping up there and electrocuting the Grounder, even if it didn't work. And hey, instead of just standing there and cursing everyone's name for picking on the prisoner, Octavia could have sliced herself open a long time ago and avoided all of that.

Also, shocker, Grounders speak English. A language barrier actually would have been different and nice, but noooo...
Old May 1st, 2014, 06:10 AM #28
> JP317
VIP Rider

JP317
VIP Rider

Well as they are survivors left on earth (and I'm guessing in America) it makes sense that they speak English, I mean it's only been just under 100 years so if we say life expectancy dropped due to most modern medicine being lost/contaminated by radiation and such it's only 2, maybe 3 tops, generations down the line.
JP317 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:49 AM #29
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

So now they suddenly have video communication? Well, that's handy. They should have called this episode Nuts.

While I don't generally enjoy the trip-out trope, I appreciated that multiple characters used it to their advantage. Octavia used her info to get Miller stoned and get her (fourth) boyfriend out of danger, and Dax used it to almost kill Bellamy before it wore off. He really should have worked faster. And please, can we not start the Clarke/Bellamy 'ship so soon? She just literally stopped riding Finn's dick, give me a chance to see her as her own person for a while.

I wish we hadn't gotten a chance to see the Dana swerve coming. We knew she was up to something from the beginning, so when Shumway went down for the attempt on Chancellor Jaha's life, by Marcus's own hand, it was a slam dunk that he was working with her. Now let's see how she manages to take over again.

Oh, and "I'm not doing this with you." I love Raven so much. 0% bullshit.
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:39 AM #30
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

I kind of like this show, I mean its not great but still good but some of these characters can be very annoying.

For the episode last night, I wasn't really into it all that much until the end. Out of all of the characters the one I really don't like is Octavia. She is just so annoying to me. Actually most of the kids on the ground are wither annoying or just kind of there. I do like Raven, and I kinda like Jasper, but other than that they could be better. The people on the ship are pretty good. This new lady (I forgot her name) seems interesting to see what she wants to do. So, decent episode but could be a little bit better.
SuperMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:18 PM #31
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

The 100 avoids extinction
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:19 PM #32
> ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

ZeoFan88
Power Ranger

Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

damn
ZeoFan88 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 03:49 AM #33
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

I've never liked hallucination/nightmare/vision episodes as a concept, and much of those moments here were more of the same for me. However, the actual plot of the episode and what this all means for the characters was pretty good.

Ellen Tigh came completely out of nowhere as Evil Blonde Chick. I think I would have liked her part in these last two episodes if she had been seen prior to when she's revealed as a straight-up villain. As it is, the revelation was almost unnecessary, as her evilness was obvious from the moment she showed up. The guy she killed was a more surprising bad guy.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 05:58 AM #34
> JP317
VIP Rider

JP317
VIP Rider

Maybe Luke Mitchell, John from The Tomorrow People, should get a part in The 100 as I'm not sure they have enough Neighbours alumni on the cast yet (OK so I can only currently name three off the top of my head but still.)
Old May 15th, 2014, 02:00 AM #35
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Once more, the ark stuff is just so many worlds more compelling than the Earth happenings, even if we got the Grounders' side of the story at long last.

Marcus has now become even more sympathetic with the loss of his mom, and almost getting axed himself when the mutineers locked him in a makeshift freezer. Diana's treason was incredibly obvious, but I loved when she successfully turned the tables by outing the secret that not everyone would make it to Earth. However, wasn't she damning them all to the same fate by stealing the drop ship? And if they all (except for the ones we know) just died in the crash, that'd be a really lazy way to continue the teenage wasteland plot.

I like how the war they're engaged in makes complete sense from both sides. Obviously Finn had a point about the Grounders attacking what they didn't understand, but even the flares they launched killed people? That was a twist and a half. Plus, we'll never know for sure whether or not the soldiers in the trees were there as backup just like Bellamy or if they planned to kill Clarke, which is awesome. Sorry, Finn, you can't cheat on your girlfriend and then expect the girl you cheated with to believe you.
Old May 17th, 2014, 04:29 PM #36
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

I do enjoy this show but it has one major problem that really hurts it for me.

The majority of the characters on this show are either unlikeable or just there and don't seem all that interesting.

The teenagers on the ground can be really annoying. Octavia is the most annoying character on this show and I just can't stand her. Clarke is decent at times but there are also times when she is annoying to. Finn, I used to like, but not anymore after this last episode. Don't care for Raven anymore, mostly because of the love triangle. Jasper doesn't seem to do much and Bellamy is just decent.

The adult characters are a little better but not by much. This show it still alright but it has a bunch of problems.
SuperMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 01:30 AM #37
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I don't get it, how do you spread a virus with no antidote? Is it like chicken pox, and all of the Grounders already had it so that they wouldn't have to worry about any incapacitation on their end?

In the end, most of this episode was just a showcase for age-old tropes, from the painful breakup of Octavia and Lincoln to the flimsily fractured friendship of Jasper and Monty to the wholly unsurprising surprise of the asshole they can't trust being an asshole they can't trust. Even the bomb ingredients were ridiculously convenient.

What I did love and continue to love is Raven. She noticed Finn's hesitation in two different scenarios, and then and there became okay with dying if she couldn't be loved the way she wanted to be. And when her life was saved, she decided to dump him like a bad habit. Go, girl.
Old May 26th, 2014, 07:53 AM #38
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

Lincoln and octavia x3333333333 my new passionate couple i ship...

Ricky Whittle reminds me again why i loved Hollyoaks and started to dislike it after he left... Ricky was ONE OF THE REASONABLE Dudes they could act on this shitty Soap... THANK GOD he left with an ultimative badass storyline and Exit.. he deserved more and he knew that

JP317 wrote: View Post

Maybe Luke Mitchell, John from The Tomorrow People, should get a part in The 100 as I'm not sure they have enough Neighbours alumni on the cast yet (OK so I can only currently name three off the top of my head but still.)
sorry bro but Luke never was on neighbours... he was on the other Soap.. the better one... home and away.... with Samara weaving.. adorable chemistry
ZackMallory is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:05 AM #39
> JP317
VIP Rider

JP317
VIP Rider

ZackMallory wrote: View Post

sorry bro but Luke never was on neighbours... he was on the other Soap.. the better one... home and away.... with Samara weaving.. adorable chemistry

'Sorry bro' but he played a character called Chris Knight in Neighbours before he was Romeo in H&A, just like Bobby Morley was in both shows (granted he was in H&A first and Neighbours second). But yeah I'll agree 100% that H&A is the better of the two.
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:19 AM #40
> ZackMallory
Power Ranger

ZackMallory
Power Ranger

Chris Knight.... OMG... that was just an Little guest stint right? like 3 weeks or something like that? xD yeah forgot about that. sry ^^
ZackMallory is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote