Home Menu

Menu

Old May 3rd, 2019, 12:49 PM #881
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

LIb Dems are bouncing back a little from the seats they lost in 2015. Labour and Conservatives are quite happy to blame delays over Brexit for this because it stops people thinking it was due to domestic matters. To be honest best news I had today was that one of my local councillors had lost his seat, it also shows that they're ignoring the fact people in this area wanted a second referendum as the guy who lost made criticising remoaners a key part of his manifesto.

Incidentally for those who didn't see it, the Tories announced last Sunday that their strategy for the EU elections is to get a deal through so there won't be any. I have a suspicion that UKiP and the Brexit Party are working together so UKIP makes itself so outrageously unelectable that Brexit Party is the obvious choice.
ShadowRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:53 AM #882
> DekaMax
Power Ranger

DekaMax
Power Ranger

The infamous Esther McVey wants to become Prime Minister.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/903754...rime-minister/
DekaMax is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 12:05 PM #883
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

DekaMax wrote: View Post

The infamous Esther McVey wants to become Prime Minister.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/903754...rime-minister/
The Broom Cupboard's least favourite daughter
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:20 PM #884
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

Looking through the list of potential Tory leaders, you have Andrea Leadsom and Esther McVey whou are both horrible choices in themselves. Then you have Boris assuming he can get passed his legal issues and Gove. Gove is actually the worst candidate because if he gets it you could end up with Ree-Mogg as chancellor and a role for Chove. I don't think for a moment Rees-Mogg would enter the race, he prefers to hold the purse strings and be the power behind the throne.
Old May 10th, 2019, 01:19 AM #885
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

I don't really see what changing the Tory leader will achieve. When May took over Cameron she was hamstrung by not having a mandate for her new policies, so the new leader is going to be in the same position.

Worse still, the Tory party is so split that the only person who could possibly win enough votes would be someone who lacks a vision to avoid offending anyone, so they'll just be a different shade of May.

Also, one of May's problem is that she lacks a majority. If the recent council elections are anything to go by, it wouldn't be wise to have a general election any time soon, so this new leader will continue to lack a majority. And lack a mandate. And lack a vision. What's the point?
big smile is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 01:22 AM #886
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

A fourth vote on May's deal has been scheduled for early June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48275827
Old May 16th, 2019, 03:38 AM #887
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

As mentioned in the article, if her deal is defeated, there will then be a vote between no deal brexit or no brexit. I can't see parliament backing May's deal or a no-deal brexit, so does this mean Brexit is over?

---

My postal vote for the EU elections came, together with all the marketing letters for the various parties. I was hoping the Brexit vote in 2016 would have been a wake-up call to the parties, but judging from their pitches, they seem more out of touch than ever before.

I've got no clue who to vote for. There isn't even a least worst option.
Old May 16th, 2019, 04:03 AM #888
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

big smile wrote: View Post

As mentioned in the article, if her deal is defeated, there will then be a vote between no deal brexit or no brexit. I can't see parliament backing May's deal or a no-deal brexit, so does this mean Brexit is over?.
Oh that'd be convieniant, they won't put the vote to the people but they'll put the vote to those sheepherding
Old May 16th, 2019, 04:14 AM #889
> DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

I had some fluff from the Brexit Party through my door the other day. Went straight in the bin.
DekaRed Prime is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 05:48 AM #890
> big smile
VIP Rider

big smile
VIP Rider

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Oh that'd be convieniant, they won't put the vote to the people but they'll put the vote to those sheepherding
Most polls suggest a second vote would probably have similar results to the first, which is probably why they don't want to go ahead with it.

Regardless, the cancellation of Brexit won't put the matter to rest. We've already effectively had three votes on it and polling suggests that The Brexit Party is on target to win a third of the European votes (which is a big deal considering the party is only a few weeks old), so there's clearly a lot of energy in the population for Brexit. Hence if it is stopped, that energy will just push it back on the agenda.

Brexit is going drag on and on.
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:30 AM #891
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

May will set a timetable for her departure after the vote on her deal, but sources say she ought tol resign immediately if it's rejected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48290760
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:58 AM #892
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

I still say that "Vote for my plan and I promise to go away and not bother you anymore" is the funniest damn political tactic I've ever seen.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:01 AM #893
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

I still say that "Vote for my plan and I promise to go away and not bother you anymore" is the funniest damn political tactic I've ever seen.
And people wonder why the days of Thick Of It and VEEP are past us...the universe has injected their brand of political comedy into day to day farce.
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:57 AM #894
> DekaMax
Power Ranger

DekaMax
Power Ranger

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

Or it could be quite ingenious - "vote for my deal, or I'll resign and you'll end up with Boris as Prime Minister"
DekaMax is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 07:25 PM #895
> darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

May will set a timetable for her departure after the vote on her deal, but sources say she ought tol resign immediately if it's rejected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48290760

May 4th 2022.

Incidentally the day before the next general election.
darkshadowranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 09:54 AM #896
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Farage got shook by Milkshake

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...inst-live-news
Old May 20th, 2019, 10:49 AM #897
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

It's clear that The Left have lost the art of debate when their solution to all people they don't like is "throw a milkshake on them and call it a victory".
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 01:35 PM #898
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

So in the last week there has been a research organisation looking at the poll results and using them to determine how remainers should be voting to gain the maximum chance of getting a pro-remain candidate. They published that result yesterday, the polls that came out shortly after changed the reuslts cfausing them to reissue their advice. In the end they came to the conclusion that remainers should vote Green or Lib Dems for the best chance of a remain MEP. Voting UKIP or Brexit Party is the same guarantees for the leave parties. Voting Conservative at this time is considered wasteful as one of their peers has just lost the whip for supporting the Lib Dems and another MP is likely to have the whip suspended for casting her support behind the Brexit Party. Although it could be said that a voote for the Brexit Party is absolutely a vote for Brexit because they don't have a manifesto, they are a pure protest party.

Change UK is considered a wasted vote according to polls because they just haven't gained momentum. And Labour... nobody can tell as it stands if a vote for Labour is a vote for leave as their leader would prefer or remain as the majority of his cabinet, backbenchers, peers and conference voters seem to believe.
Old May 20th, 2019, 01:37 PM #899
> ⚡ShadowRanger

ShadowRanger

DekaMax wrote: View Post

Or it could be quite ingenious - "vote for my deal, or I'll resign and you'll end up with Boris as Prime Minister"
Said it before: I don't fear Boris as PM., Same is true of Michael Gove. I do however dread that he would appoint Jacob Ree Mogg as chancellor and Esther McVey in any position.
Old May 20th, 2019, 02:32 PM #900
> Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

Judge Joker
Goodbye, bro!

ShadowRanger wrote: View Post

So in the last week there has been a research organisation looking at the poll results and using them to determine how remainers should be voting to gain the maximum chance of getting a pro-remain candidate. They published that result yesterday, the polls that came out shortly after changed the reuslts cfausing them to reissue their advice. In the end they came to the conclusion that remainers should vote Green or Lib Dems for the best chance of a remain MEP. Voting UKIP or Brexit Party is the same guarantees for the leave parties. Voting Conservative at this time is considered wasteful as one of their peers has just lost the whip for supporting the Lib Dems and another MP is likely to have the whip suspended for casting her support behind the Brexit Party. Although it could be said that a voote for the Brexit Party is absolutely a vote for Brexit because they don't have a manifesto, they are a pure protest party.

Change UK is considered a wasted vote according to polls because they just haven't gained momentum. And Labour... nobody can tell as it stands if a vote for Labour is a vote for leave as their leader would prefer or remain as the majority of his cabinet, backbenchers, peers and conference voters seem to believe.
Yeah, what you’ve said applies to literally just England, btw. You’ve got three other countries who are trapped in this British mess...
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
brexit, insanity wins, nero fiddled as rome fell