Home Menu

Menu

Old May 15th, 2019, 04:43 AM #481
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Superman#11

Zarr and Jax-Ur approach Zod and offer to give him answers about Krypton in exchange for tips on how to escape the Phantom Zone. We flash forward to Clark and Jon finding Jor-El's ship under attack by war vessels belonging to the Thangarians, the Kunds, and the Trillium Collective. According to Jor-El, this is an assassination attempt disguised as a military battle. Clark spots Rogal Zarr, who seemingly retreats. Jon offers to help Jor-El prepare the ship for a jump, Jor-El tells him he returned him to Earth for a reason and to stay safe. Jon tells Jor-El to bite him, but is then ambushed by Zod. Clark is distracted by the armies attacking the ship and Zarr himself. Suddenly, Kara and Krypto arrive

Spider-Man: Life Story#3

Peter returns from Battleworld with the alien symbiote, MJ gives birth to twins, Benjamin and Claire. Meanwhile, a Spider-Man imitator (Kraven) is going about killing criminals

Peter knows the symbiote is attempting to take control of him and chooses to wear it sporadically, placing it in a container. He later gets into an argument with MJ when the dementia-stricken Aunt May wanders off with the children and is brought home by police. MJ wants May put into a home. Peter leaves in his classic suit to prove to MJ he is not addicted to the symbiote. Kraven attacks Peter and traps him in the grave ala Kraven's Last Hunt

The symbiote senses Peter is in danger and travels to the grave site, bonding with Peter. Peter confronts Kraven and almost kills him, he begins turning in to Venom. MJ arrives with a weapon Peter invented earlier and removes the symbiote from Peter. MJ decides to take the kids and leave Peter.

Some of DC's August title covers have been revealed, each will tie in to the "Dark Gifts" portion of Year of the Villain and all the logos will be battle damaged

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...solicitations/

Amazing Spider-Man#21

Caroline Trainer, Lady Octopus, appears and reports on the progress of the battle to The Vulture. Peter is overwhelemed by the Vermins and proclaims his love for Mary Jane. There's another callback to Kraven's Last Hunt as Peter finds himself in the warm white void he experiances near death. I was expecting Ned to appear again here, but no dice, instead Kraven shows up demanding Peter 'rise'

Peter wakes up to find himself dressed in a fresh black suit (Peter even wonders aloud where Kraven keeps these), and is met by Curt Connors in human form. Curt ask Peter if he has kids, Peter says no, and Curt tells him he knows nothing of true responsibility (hmm, wonder if that's foreshadowing anything). It's also confirmed that the clones in Clone Conspiracy do indeed possess the souls of the originals as Curt went to see Doctor Strange who verifies this. Billy recalls being killed by his father, and that is why he is afraid and angry with him.

Peter is told by Curt to sever the inhibitor chip to make him transform and posesses the strength necessary to stop Kraven's clone from killing Billy and Felicia.

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; May 15th, 2019 at 06:53 AM.
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:48 AM #482
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

I can see that being a pretty decent team
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:49 AM #483
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Interview with Romita Jr and Frank Miller with details on Superman: Year One

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...erman-year-one

Old May 15th, 2019, 12:13 PM #484
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Omigod the font XD
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 01:37 PM #485
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Looks like Doc Ock is in his decayed form which lasted from 2009 to 2013...Superior adaptation coming?

Marvel's Prodigal Son saga continues with Silver Surfer. Creative team are Peter David and Francesco Mannia

Neil Adams is returning to Batman in a six issue mini-series. Batman vs Ras Al Ghual

https://www.newsarama.com/45196-batm...this-fall.html

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; May 15th, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old May 15th, 2019, 02:12 PM #486
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

If that's not supposed to say Prodigal SUN, it's an awful logo.

Tommy Donvaband has died. He was Tim Traveller's writer for The Beano and a children's author.
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...donbavand-rip/

Last edited by Digifiend; May 15th, 2019 at 02:12 PM.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 04:48 PM #487
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Green Lantern#7 will be a highly emotional story celebrating the one true love of Hal's life...but it's not who you think

It's actually the physical manifestation of his power ring

https://www.newsarama.com/44980-the-...true-love.html
Not the hugest surprise. It was either that or the lantern.

Another big change in BOOM's Buffy Universe

NOW I'm scared
Is this 'big' being used ironically?

Adara.2 wrote: View Post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5l1XV3W0AA7rAR.jpg
On one hand, I would think most media besides comics would have Batman be a good parent and try to get help for Cassandra. On the other hand, I really don't want Didio's editorial decisions anywhere near Cassandra.
How would Cassandra go about getting help? I mean, she doesn't have the best track record in that regard.

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

"You all have radiation poisoning!"
Marvel's latest do over - Silent War: Spider Edition. The plot is derived from the basic premise that people develop Spider-Powers for a few days and then die.

I can picture Damian singing that and being good at it. I cannot see Colin (with his history) ever being willing to touch a lighter.

1st one - I think Damian would use it. Probably Duke too but I don't know him well enough to say for sure. Cass might depending on whether she's in one of her depressed stages or not, same for Kate. Harper probably doesn't but only because she can't afford it. Bruce certainly would though - Bruce Wayne has to be the pinnacle of physical perfection as part of his playboy act after all.

2nd one - this is followed up by Linda getting an old slide projector out to do exactly that. Either that or she pulls a Stephanie and tells it in the form of child's drawings.

3rd one - that no reason to ban J'onn; it's a reason to insist that every round he's playing M'gann is on the other team. Except that doesn't work because beach volleyball is 2 v. 2, I was thinking of regular volleyball. I don't know.

Digifiend wrote: View Post

Press release and a better look at the promo art. Confirmation, he's exclusive to Marvel. Bendis now needs a new artist on two of his books!
I've never taken much notice of artists, what's happening with Bendis's?

Virus wrote: View Post

Rose? That's disturbing.
Kori I don't see but I can't think of anything wrong with it.
Artemis Crock I still don't know so can't comment on.
Artemis who filled in for Wonder Woman? Really? Who headcanoned that one? (Other than me getting the wrong end of the stick in the shipping thread that is, but I hope that wasn't the origin).
Zinda? Really?
Donna? I see him trying it, not getting much success though. That said, he's still probably a better choice than her actual love interest. (Unlike Batman however, she'd have punched Joker's head off at any chance she got.)
Huntress? That I can see. I'm not sure I like it but I can see it.

Unstoppable Wasp #7:
Nadia has a birthday party. Cassie and Viv introduce Nadia to a bunch of people - the Young Avengers, Jocasta, Tigra and her son William, and then Mockingbird introduces her to her friend James Barnes... aka Winter Soldier. Ying attacks him, using Hercules' mace, because he's the one who sent her to the Red Room. But Bobbi points out that he was brainwashed back then. Bucky explains himself and then the introductions continue, but Viv crashes when trying to explain Wiccan and Speed's relationship to herself and Nadia! After they explain their origin, America Chavez ports them all to a nightclub. Viv mentions that it gets attacked weekly, promoting Cassie to admit she picked it deliberately - her birthday present is a YA/Champions team-up! So the heroes who weren't already in costume suit up (Cassie using her Stature powers and and a purple version of that costume , despite being introduced as Stinger) and fight the villains. Later, after everyone goes home, Nadia is getting ready for bed when she gets a video call... from Maria Pym! Her mother is ALIVE!
A team-up, much better than the versus match that was suggested before.

I'm more bugged because if they were to bring back everyone's kids/younger siblings, Damian is farther away age wise. Though, thats just my personal view.
Who else from that age range hasn't been brought back yet? Sin I guess. Also, I'm sure I remember a big hoo-ha about Lian Harper coming back around the same time as Steph and Cass but I didn't hear anything about her after that so her too?

The Marvel Summer Special has been cancelled. I wonder if it's material will end up in this Marvel #1000 thing we've been hearing loads of creative team announcements for?
https://www.newsarama.com/45115-marv...-canceled.html
Marvel was planning on releasing another swimsuit special? Why? I'm not surprised that got cancelled.

So, what's the legacy numbering shenanigans required to get this to #1000?
I'm wondering that as well.

They could at least try to change some origins. Like in the cartoons. Like, Barbara Gordon can become Oracle without The Killing Joke.
Do you mean the shows should change the characters' origin stories? Why?

(And The Killing Joke is not likely to come up as nobody's proposed an Oracle show, or even a Barbara or Jim Gordon show.)

DC needs to issue an ultimatum: No more Batman until everybody loves the other characters as much as Batman.
In that case we'll probably be getting a Gotham guarded by Damian, Cass, Steph, Harper, Kate and occasionally Tim and Dick into the next century. After all Batman's beloved stories aren't the ones coming out at the moment.

Doubt comics Damian would be so... gleeful about it.
Comics Damian wouldn't be so openly gleeful about it. Whether or not he'd be secretly gleeful depends on the writer.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/169ed0bd...iy8no1_500.jpg
I can see that being a pretty decent team
So Sin's the stand in for Black Canary (although she lacks the scream so more Jade Canary), Emiko (I had to look her up) for Huntress and Maya because they need an extra girl?

Also, Damian is occasionally drafted in because robins are bird-themed (similar to how Barbara would occasionally get Tim to help).

And it's missing an Oracle stand in.

Also, while that's an eventual team and I I'd like to see Cass, an archer (Cissie hates being a hero so Mia? Not someone I'm that familiar with but she's their age and uses a bow) and one of Steph or Harper all being directed by Wendy first (with a revolving door of others of course), as that can never happen (since Wendy's ret-gonned unless I missed something.) maybe roll on the team of tomorrow now.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 05:59 PM #488
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Uncanny X-Men #18
Remember when Captain America appeared a few issues ago? He's Mystique, who is working with Emma. Wolverine and Karma leave the team. Chamber is killed, so Karma takes Shogo with her. Harry's Hideaway is destroyed by Mister Sinister, but Karma's parting gift is a new home for the team.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 06:49 PM #489
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Earlier finished gn that told the story of Frederick Douglass and enjoyed it. So thought I'd ask if there are any other historical comics guys would recommend? Myself, would recommend what I read.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:02 PM #490
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie wrote: View Post

Do you mean the shows should change the characters' origin stories? Why?
Most likely and it's not uncommon to have origin stories being different than the source material for media adaptations. The Joker killing Bruce Wayne's parents in the 1989 Batman film is one major example.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:05 PM #491
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Is this 'big' being used ironically?
That and "NOW I'm Scared" were ironic, yes

Uncanny X-Men #18
Chamber is killed.
Noooooooooooooooo
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:34 PM #492
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

2nd one - this is followed up by Linda getting an old slide projector out to do exactly that. Either that or she pulls a Stephanie and tells it in the form of child's drawings.
Given Linda is an artist, I'd think they would be better than kids drawings.

Rose? That's disturbing.
Kori I don't see but I can't think of anything wrong with it.
Artemis Crock I still don't know so can't comment on.
Artemis who filled in for Wonder Woman? Really? Who headcanoned that one? (Other than me getting the wrong end of the stick in the shipping thread that is, but I hope that wasn't the origin).
Zinda? Really?
Donna? I see him trying it, not getting much success though. That said, he's still probably a better choice than her actual love interest. (Unlike Batman however, she'd have punched Joker's head off at any chance she got.)
Huntress? That I can see. I'm not sure I like it but I can see it.
Well in New 52, they hinted that they did sleep together. Though that could have been reconned
Well, they were friendly with each other. Personally, I think she's a better fit with Jason than with Dick
Similar backgrounds and temperament maybe?
They got shipped teased during Red Hood and the Outlaws when they were both on the team.
Both are wild gun nuts. The two would probably find each other fun. Though Zinda would probably ask if he was "fancy"
Actual love interest? You mean Roy or Kyle?
I'm surprised those two haven't met at some point yet.

Who else from that age range hasn't been brought back yet? Sin I guess. Also, I'm sure I remember a big hoo-ha about Lian Harper coming back around the same time as Steph and Cass but I didn't hear anything about her after that so her too?
The West Twins were confirmed to be in the Speed Force and I guess Jaime's sister is still around, but thats about it

So Sin's the stand in for Black Canary (although she lacks the scream so more Jade Canary), Emiko (I had to look her up) for Huntress and Maya because they need an extra girl?

Also, Damian is occasionally drafted in because robins are bird-themed (similar to how Barbara would occasionally get Tim to help).

And it's missing an Oracle stand in.
Whos to say Oracle wouldn't still be there?
Old May 16th, 2019, 04:11 AM #493
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

The forgotten characters of Atlas Comics may be brought back into the spotlight, thanks to a new deal with Paramount,

https://deadline.com/2019/05/paramou...es-1202616181/
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 06:44 AM #494
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Superman: Year One has had it's age rating changed from Mature to Teen and Up

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...-readers-only/
Old May 16th, 2019, 06:47 AM #495
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

Superman: Year One has had it's age rating changed from Mature to Teen and Up

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...-readers-only/
I guess they convinced Miller to include only one whore instead of twenty like he wanted.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 16th, 2019, 07:42 AM #496
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Advance review of Year One from Newsarama. A 7 out of 10.

https://www.newsarama.com/45203-best...ear-one-1.html

And oh crap

There's an implication in the review Lana is threatened with rape

And they somehow LOWERED the age rating?
Old May 16th, 2019, 08:11 AM #497
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Advance review of Year One from Newsarama. A 7 out of 10.

https://www.newsarama.com/45203-best...ear-one-1.html

And oh crap

Wasn't Identity Crisis rated T?

New Wildcats book coming
https://www.newsarama.com/45207-warr...in-august.html

Last edited by Virus; May 16th, 2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:22 AM #498
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Fantastic Four one-shot specials announced, starting with Yancy Street for August

https://www.newsarama.com/45208-fant...in-august.html
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:42 AM #499
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

The forgotten characters of Atlas Comics may be brought back into the spotlight, thanks to a new deal with Paramount,

https://deadline.com/2019/05/paramou...es-1202616181/
But will anyone care is the question.

They got forgot for a reason, yo.

Before they lowered it,
she was probably just raped outright.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:44 AM #500
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

And here's a lettered preview of Superman Year One, just wait until you get to how he writes Johathan and Martha

https://aux.avclub.com/frank-miller-...erm-1834814755