Home Menu

Menu

Old April 13th, 2019, 07:13 AM #2681
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Oh man, a big thank you to whoever decided to name him Unicron. Because frankly Ingestor sounds like a horrible name. For a Decepticon or Predacon, the name could work, but for this nightmarish terror? No one would've taken him seriously with that name. Plus I think that would've been mean-spirited towards Orson Welles. I'm pretty sure that the jokes have been made about Orson Welles voicing a huge robot that wants to gobble up planets.
------------------------------
On another note...it's finally mine.

Of course I had to end up finding it in Manila, because the provinces always get screwed over with Transformers releases. In fact it wasn't enough that I had to get in Manila, I ended up getting the very last one being sold in a department store after they were sold out at the ToysRUs and Toy Kingdom in the mall I went to. Fortunately toy prices are the same no matter what store so it wasn't as if I needed to shill out more by buying it at a department store. In my mind as I bought it I was like Jafar from Aladdin.

Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2019, 03:31 PM #2682
> leolim
Power Ranger

leolim
Power Ranger

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/03/10/...QXIi-Qq6euypiA
So they finally explained why the anime Beast wars took place after beast Machines although it contradict what the Oracle stood for.
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2019, 05:18 PM #2683
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Whole.E.Crap. TBH I never heard of this group until the announcement that this would be the next episode so I deliberately didn't look anything up so as to be surprised. But some were commenting at how this group made the likes of the Wreckers and Overlord look like babies in comparison. Having just finished this episode...god damn the DJD are monstrous.

On the subject of comics, #3 of the new run continues some good buildup on the mystery and how things are slowly spiraling out of control on Cybertron and the fracturing of the race. Some are criticizing how the comic is completely barren on action, but for me I don't mind that too much as the rest of the franchise has the action quota filled for me.
Old April 20th, 2019, 09:45 PM #2684
> ⚡TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay
TuxedoK
Old School Mod Justice.

1 eBay

TuxedoK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2019, 09:53 PM #2685
> leolim
Power Ranger

leolim
Power Ranger

Shockwave:"This is no place for a one-handed Autobot."
Ultra Magnus:"I'll take one bum hand over one good eye any day."
Sorry I had to Say it.
leolim is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2019, 09:09 PM #2686
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

My brother and dad managed to snag me a galaxy upgrade Optimus and idw Optimus model kit. I would show pictures, but I donít know how here
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 05:59 AM #2687
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 09:48 AM #2688
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Poor Blaster, always getting screwed over because of Soundwave's popularity. Still one of my favorites because of how he's portrayed in G1 not only as being showy, loud and boisterous, but all these traits being lined up to almost being the anti-Soundwave, a perfect counterpart.

He's also definitely among my Top 10 Autobots:

10. Sky Lynx
9. Ironhide
8. Jetfire
7. Blaster
6. Windblade
5. Perceptor
4. Punch
3. Optimus Prime
2. Star Saber
1. Ultra Magnus

Last edited by Xalfrea; May 9th, 2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old April 27th, 2019, 06:45 PM #2689
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

thoughts on some of the recent Studio Series releases:

41 Scrapmetal is a nice classic transformation...would be a decent transformer toy if it were released in the titans return/potp/classics line as well

40 Shatter is also pretty good...hoping to get her jet form someday, but I guess they didn't license Harrier, hence the odd jet modes for the other toys they've made of her...

39 Cogman is a repaint, so nothing new here other than the deco...I expect that deluxe knight steelbane figure to be rereleased in this line eventually too, even if his scale would be off...Cogman technically doesn't really exist in this mode, so for a line dedicated to doing movie-accurate versions he's a bit of an odd fit...his metallic silver paint is a huge improvement over the previous version...

38 BB Optimus is by far the best of the most recent releases, so its no question why he's the hottest selling figure in recent months...generally classic in design and transformation, his only flaw is a gap in trailer mode behind the cab...

37 Rampage has got a pretty simple transformation for what looks like a very intricately detailed figure...satisfying in bulldozer mode...still odd they don't really advertise the Devastator combination on the packaging...

36 Drift w/dinos has got to be the absolute simplest studio series to transform...you rotate the roof/windshield and the arms and legs just fold in to compete the car....I do like the deco on this guy even if I'm not a fan of the more humanoid designs from the latter Bay movies...the little dinos are cute...

35 Jetfire is a hot mess undercarriage-style jet we've all come to know and love from decades of TF toys...if I recall, he's pretty similar in transformation to the leader sized toy that came out years ago...his combo mode to make Jetwing Prime is really horrible though...or at least the instructions are horrible as they leave out multiple steps and you're left to figure out what to do with leftover parts and how to transform one half into a blaster...still not sure why he comes with an extra Optimus ab piece...

34 Megatron truck is very hollow behind the cab in truck mode...a step back from the voyager release mechtech toy...the robot mode is really nice though...not sure if he's supposed to be that big compared to Optimus or if the forthcoming Leader Optimus with trailer is the one we're supposed match him up against...

33 Bonecrusher for some reason is not as satisfying as the classic deluxe movie toys of 2007...he's larger, and people have wanted a larger version, but he's still not as fun as the 2007 toy for some reason...and lacking some deco, which is weird for an officially licensed version...

32 Optimus redux...has got the better chest windows, but otherwise not a big improvement over the very first version...only reason to have him is to combine him with Jetfire...

31 Megatron damaged...he's got a different head and more deco than the other version, but otherwise not a lot new here...

found the Cyberverse Thundercracker at a Go!Calendars store in the mall...these were TRU exclusives overseas but had no known distribution in the USA until now I guess...those seeker molds are decent enough but I generally feel like the Cyberverse line is not really great except for the unique characters they've made for the first time...I may get some of those armor-up figures though, as they look kind of fun...

i'm really looking forward to the Ghostbusters Optimus SDCC exclusive...that Roller as ghost trap is ingenious

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/04/25/...-images-387468
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2019, 07:22 AM #2690
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Hasbro have initiated a MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE media campaign to celebrate the franchise's 35th anniversary

https://www.newsarama.com/44960-tran...-campaign.html
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2019, 05:05 PM #2691
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

A bit late, but my thoughts on #4 of the IDW relaunch. Still continue to like it as being a differently told kind of TF story with things still on the slow burner and building up what is most likely a big event that'll see Cybertron split and the creation of the actual Decepticon faction. Still a bit amusing and odd to see things so parallel the real world with stuff like different Cybertronian beliefs and all that. One page in the comic involving one of my favorite Decepticons is certainly a WTH moment that I'm hoping will get a good answer down the line.

I can see though where some IDW vets would be turned off by this since for all intents and purposes, nothing world-shatteringly big has happened yet and there's not any giant robot fighing action yet. And any other newcomer might be turned off because when people think Transformers...they think of giant robot fighting action, not Megatron and Orion Pax sitting down and discussing matters regarding a Cybertron ceremony and fearing about protests.
Old May 9th, 2019, 05:13 PM #2692
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Xalfrea wrote: View Post

A bit late, but my thoughts on #4 of the IDW relaunch. Still continue to like it as being a differently told kind of TF story with things still on the slow burner and building up what is most likely a big event that'll see Cybertron split and the creation of the actual Decepticon faction. Still a bit amusing and odd to see things so parallel the real world with stuff like different Cybertronian beliefs and all that. One page in the comic involving one of my favorite Decepticons is certainly a WTH moment that I'm hoping will get a good answer down the line.

I can see though where some IDW vets would be turned off by this since for all intents and purposes, nothing world-shatteringly big has happened yet and there's not any giant robot fighing action yet. And any other newcomer might be turned off because when people think Transformers...they think of giant robot fighting action, not Megatron and Orion Pax sitting down and discussing matters regarding a Cybertron ceremony and fearing about protests.
I'm salty that IDW doesn't try making a story where MTMTE Megatron was the Pre-War Megatron. Like, what if Megatron was all "Peace Through Empathy" and someone else started the War? Like Galvatron.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2019, 09:36 PM #2693
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Old May 15th, 2019, 08:05 PM #2694
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

I finally got my updated micromasters! Only took about 30 years.

Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 04:12 AM #2695
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 09:06 AM #2696
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron review with special guest star
Old May 19th, 2019, 10:24 AM #2697
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

So, I've been a transformers fan for a while but...after buying Seige Soundwave, I never realized the similarities between Optimus and Soundwave. Both have mouthplates, shapes on their crotches and boxy glass chests (in away). Was all of this ever intentional? lol
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 06:11 PM #2698
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

Most transformers designs are made to look cool, lol.
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 06:48 PM #2699
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Activator wrote: View Post

So, I've been a transformers fan for a while but...after buying Seige Soundwave, I never realized the similarities between Optimus and Soundwave. Both have mouthplates, shapes on their crotches and boxy glass chests (in away). Was all of this ever intentional? lol
Unlikely. Optimus and Soundwave's designs came from two different Microman toylines (Diaclone and Micro Change) at different times. They were likely just recycling design elements.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 07:59 PM #2700
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Got BB Optimus. He was supposed to be out on the 12th... never put out. Asked one of the employees thatís always been helpful... (and said heíd be out on the 12th)... he said they had 4.

No, they had 3 of the 32 Optimus and ONE 38 Optimus. Needless to say, I finally got him after months of searching.

Donít know why my Target had him dated. Hands down the best Optimus ever.

Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote