Home Menu

Menu

Old April 4th, 2019, 06:13 AM #241
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

interesting, Miraculous will begin airing on the Disney Channel in the USA starting Monday...

Astruc is encouraging people to watch the heck out of the show because its survival in the USA is critical...

being on Disney is probably a step up from Netflix in terms of visibility and a better match than Nick ever was (expecially considering Disney does have a hand in production of Miraculous)
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2019, 08:44 AM #242
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

bearytrek wrote: View Post

Interesting, Miraculous will begin airing on the Disney Channel in the USA starting Monday.
I'm not surprised, given that the show has aired on non-US versions of the network.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2019, 08:57 AM #243
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

interesting, Miraculous will begin airing on the Disney Channel in the USA starting Monday...
I wonder why we didn't hear about this months ago.

But getting away from Netflix makes sense, KidsClick even ran one episode from the second season's back half before it appeared there and KidsClick doesn't even exist anymore.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:34 PM #244
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

hmph, so the on again-off again Luka romance is back on again with Silencer

though I thought he recognized she's got a thing for Adrien way back in Frozer, I guess she doesn't realize he was steering her towards Adrien...

some wonderful character animation in this episode...no doubt because they couldn't rely on dialogue during a lot of the action...

clever solution with the fake-out though its weird how the vacuum worked on magical disembodied voices...
Old April 8th, 2019, 10:13 PM #245
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Man, I just checked the listings last Monday! Guess I have to do it more than once a week now...

Were we supposed to know XY was the producer's son? I don't remember him saying anything about that back when Jagged Stone was competing with him.

And Ladybug's plan to get Silencer to say 'Lucky Charm' really was brilliant.

though I thought he recognized she's got a thing for Adrien way back in Frozer, I guess she doesn't realize he was steering her towards Adrien...
Does she even know what she wants right now? She was excited about his declaration of love and surprisingly didn't bring up Adrien once.

clever solution with the fake-out though its weird how the vacuum worked on magical disembodied voices...
Well, they were technically jellyfish-bodied voices, and Ladybug grabbing hers would mean vacuums could work just as well.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:13 AM #246
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Astruc was apparently at some event in Italy and had this to say

"Do you already have the finale of the series in mind or do you have different options?"

Thomas: "I know how I want to finish the series & what's the best finale in my opinion. I will have to convince the producers and distributors it's the right choice."

hmmm...sounds like the ending may be somewhat controversial
Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:37 AM #247
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

sounds like the ending may be somewhat controversial
"So they NEVER hook up?! WTF, Tom?!"
Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:15 AM #248
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

"So they NEVER hook up?! WTF, Tom?!"
I hope it doesn't end like that.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; April 26th, 2019 at 11:19 AM.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2019, 11:11 AM #249
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Lila is easily the most interesting dynamic the show has ever had, she constantly subverts expectations in what has been a highly predictable and formulaic series. Even the characters themselves are surprised by her and have to navigate their way around how she chooses to handle things. And the solution to deal with Oni-Chan was interesting since
it wasn't even available without messing up first.

And I LOVE the design for Bakerix. Beard made of loaves, horns and shoulder pads made of croissants, a belt buckle made of a pretzel, so much ingenuity went into that look. And I love bread more than any other human being on Earth, so that helps. Weird how
Marinette's grandma is around right when she finally meets her estranged grandpa...

When do we meet her mom's side of the family?!
Old May 4th, 2019, 07:49 PM #250
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

I know its a cartoon show but having those mice help out Grandpa Dupain in Bakerix just screams for an explanation because it seems like its so...normal...is that how they made bread back in the olden times too?

And its hard to be sympathetic towards Lila, but the second episode of today (!) almost...almost...accomplished that...

of course she can't stop lying and it looks like a devil's partnership between her and Gabriel will be a regular thing going forward...

what I wish they had done was establish more of the Kagami pseudo-romance with Adrien because she just doesn't appear enough to reinforce that angle (just like Luka's been mostly absent) so it seems kind of jarring whenever the rivals to the love square declare their love...

some nice goofy Marinette antics in Oni-chan...it apprently does take Lila to drive Marinette up the wall,,,
Old May 4th, 2019, 10:12 PM #251
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

I know its a cartoon show but having those mice help out Grandpa Dupain in Bakerix just screams for an explanation because it seems like its so...normal...
Let's ask the rock star's pet alligator.
Old May 8th, 2019, 07:37 PM #252
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

a thought occured to me after the ending to Onichan...

we saw Gabriel and Lila striking a deal...

way back we were told we'd be meeting Hawkmoth's boss, and naturally everyone assumed it was the peacock miraculous holder...

while that was sort of the case, as Nathalie did sort of give powers to Hawkmoth, wouldn't it be wild if Lila ended up somehow getting more powerful than Hawkmoth, be it via the peacock miraculous or some other means, and becoming his superior?

if anyone can out-evil Hawkmoth it's going to be Lila

Last edited by bearytrek; May 8th, 2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old May 8th, 2019, 08:57 PM #253
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

way back we were told we'd be meeting Hawkmoth's boss, and naturally everyone assumed it was the peacock miraculous holder...
No, we didn't. They straight up told us Mayura was Hawk Moth's superior.
Old May 15th, 2019, 05:24 PM #254
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

re: Miraculer

wow, lots to digest from this episode...

Mayura
returns...apparently Gabe doesn't have much concerns for Nat using it any more?

At any rate, they finally pay off on the "why don't they just threaten Chloe to get the bee miraculous since everyone knows who she is"

and using Lila to instigate the plot...

gotta love Chloe's Bee Signal...thought it was only going to be a one-off gag

"Bye Bye little feather" just doesn't have that same ring to it...

but how did Ladybug know the pacifier was what would destroy the...not-akuma monster (what are they called exactly?) It wouldn't be particularly obvious unless she spoke to the mom...maybe it got cut for time...

another question, why doesn't Gabe overwhelm Ladybug and Cat Noir with multiple akumatized villains one after another if he knows they can only use their powers once?

shocker #1 of the episode: Chloe was able to resist being akumatized...her heart has changed but her attitude apparently hasn't...that's probably what makes it the hardest to comprehend...it just doesn't seem to connect...

odd that Miraculer's swiped Cataclysm power was not so fatal...or perhaps Cataclysm on a living being would never be fatal anyway, as it was a Lila illusion in Heroes Day where Cat got dusted...still doesn't look like it would be very fun to be on the receiving end...

cool to see (mostly) the whole team in battle again...they really gotta work on their teamwork though, as everyone's powers got swiped and Mayura almost got away with the bee miraculous...

shocker #2 of the episode: Chloe rejects the offer to take the bee miraculous from Mayura...this is somewhat hard to resolve given her attitude but maybe the whole plot was just to create friction within the team and lay the seeds for Chloe to just keep it next time Ladybug gives it to her

so Hawkmoth's Legion of Doom struck out but got pretty close to getting one of the other miraculouses...would have been neat if Queen Bee actually managed to swipe Mayura's peacock...
Old May 18th, 2019, 06:42 AM #255
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

re: Timetagger

wow, another awesome episode and one that has tanatalizing hints at what's to come

first off, funny how Mr Pigeon has become a running joke of a villain who can get defeated so fast they have time to have a snack with him afterwards

a time-travelling villain obviously means Alix is going to be involved in the episode but how cool it turns out a future Alix is actually the rabbit miraculous holder? Pretty slick costume...not sure about the umbrella though...is it because it sorta resembles the hand of a clock? Seemed like it would belong to the Stormy Weather girl but anyhow some awesome powers..

I thought how depressing they're still fighting Hawkmoth as adults, but the twist that Gabe is not Hawkmoth in the future! Of course they just said history is not set, but is it really true if it seems like they set up all sorts of stuff that apparently will close the temporal loops and stuff that were going on in the episode, like it was fated to be?

weird that Alya trusts Lila, but I guess only Marinette and Adrien really know the true depths of Lila's deceitfulness...the fact that she's going to corrupt Alya's brother...does that mean she's the future Hawkmoth, thus becoming the 'boss' of Hawkmoth in the future?
Old May 18th, 2019, 12:25 PM #256
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

Wow, these two episodes really shoved a lot of lore into the series.

Mayura
returns...apparently Gabe doesn't have much concerns for Nat using it any more?
This was BS. We were clearly shown that
the Peacock Miraculous overwhelmed her, otherwise why wouldn't Hawk Moth have given it to her from the beginning? She's always there, and he's fighting two different heroes anyway.

"Bye Bye little feather" just doesn't have that same ring to it...
Not to mention why is she
talking to a feather? At least butterflies are alive and don't deserve what Hawk Moth does to them.

the...not-akuma monster (what are they called exactly?)
Apparently she called them
Centimonsters.

This whole episode feels like we missed a few in between...

another question, why doesn't Gabe overwhelm Ladybug and Cat Noir with multiple akumatized villains one after another if he knows they can only use their powers once?
You saw he needs negative emotions to create good villains, they don't just pop up out of thin air.

shocker #1 of the episode: Chloe was able to resist being akumatized...her heart has changed but her attitude apparently hasn't...that's probably what makes it the hardest to comprehend...it just doesn't seem to connect...
Because Chloe's heart and mind don't connect.

Remember, her mom psychologically scarred her. She desperately wants friends because she was emotionally abandoned, but doesn't want people close enough to her that they'll hurt her if they abandon her, which is why she puts on the mean girl facade. She projects power because she's insecure.

odd that Miraculer's swiped Cataclysm power was not so fatal...or perhaps Cataclysm on a living being would never be fatal anyway, as it was a Lila illusion in Heroes Day where Cat got dusted...
I thought the implication was that it could be
fatal, which is why Plagg mentioned the dinosaurs of all things.

My favorite part about this episode was the way Sabrina
talked about dress-up and the flashbacks definitely give enough fuel to the fanfic writers that she's into Chloe.

re: Timetagger

first off, funny how Mr Pigeon has become a running joke of a villain who can get defeated so fast they have time to have a snack with him afterwards
More to the point, that
Mr. Ramier is so mentally unstable that anything bad happening to a pigeon sends him into panic enough to be akumatized.

a time-travelling villain obviously means Alix is going to be involved in the episode but how cool it turns out a future Alix is actually the rabbit miraculous holder? Pretty slick costume...not sure about the umbrella though...is it because it sorta resembles the hand of a clock?
Alice in Wonderland reference, the White Rabbit carries a pocketwatch and an umbrella.

I thought how depressing they're still fighting Hawkmoth as adults, but the twist that Gabe is not Hawkmoth in the future!
I was laughing at Nathalie's suggestion he
succeeds in the future, when we already know Ladybug and Cat Noir are still active as adults, meaning he never got their Miraculous like he spends literally every episode doing. LOL

weird that Alya trusts Lila, but I guess only Marinette and Adrien really know the true depths of Lila's deceitfulness...the fact that she's going to corrupt Alya's brother...does that mean she's the future Hawkmoth, thus becoming the 'boss' of Hawkmoth in the future?
I LOVED that implication, it would be so like Lila to
be bitch enough to overthrow Gabriel at the perfect moment. she only loves herself.

But Alya actually liking Lila after all this time floored me. Some best friend she is...

The part I actually found most interesting about this episode was that their Kwami
apparently only run low on energy because their teenage bodies aren't shouldering enough of the load.
Old May 19th, 2019, 02:40 PM #257
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

it was kinda weird that the first thing
future Alix did was head to the bathroom
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:17 PM #258
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Gritty as a Princess

it was kinda weird that the first thing
future Alix did was head to the bathroom
She hadn't peed in thousands of years!
Old May 20th, 2019, 01:48 PM #259
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

going all back to the season one episode with Alix and her unusually high-tech heirloom watch...I wonder if someone from the future, namely Bunnix, went back in time to give her ancestors that very same watch that would eventually become her miraculous...
Old May 20th, 2019, 05:50 PM #260
> Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Long Time Newbie
Power Ranger

Well, the boy from the Christmas Episode tried that at least.

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Not to mention why is she
talking to a feather? At least butterflies are alive and don't deserve what Hawk Moth does to them.
Is it ever explained just what he does to the butterflies? My viewing of this show is rather uneven.

Actually scratch that, is it ever explained if Marinette could (hypothetically) do something like that with ladybugs, Adrien with cats et cetera?

The part I actually found most interesting about this episode was that their Kwami
apparently only run low on energy because their teenage bodies aren't shouldering enough of the load.
I suppose that explains why Hawkmoth never seems to need to recharge - I just assumed it was because he almost never used his powers in direct combat.
Long Time Newbie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote