Old March 16th, 2018, 03:09 PM #1
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Cyber Unit RPG

First, the world was rocked to its very core when General Nek Atlas led a vicious campaign against Earth’s mightiest protectors, the Power Rangers.

Then, the fate of the planet was threatened past the confines of space and time by the villainous Digital.

Now... Nek has returned and equipped with Digital’s power, he continues his machinations toward total domination.

Ultra Force began the fight, but ultimately Nek escaped...

Omega Strike fought with all their might and even though they defeated Digital, his powers continued on to threaten mankind...

A team is needed to protect Earth. A team strong enough to take on the combined force of all of the major threats up to now. This team is known as...

Cyber Unit
ShinySephiroth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 03:10 PM #2
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

***New Players Accepted***
Cyber Unit
Jezebel Bitao (Ruby Ranger) - MichelletheEditor
Blake Maxwell (Obsidian Ranger) - RedLegacyRanger
Gabe Morales (Emerald Ranger) - MichelletheEditor
JB Arrington (Zenith Ranger) - ShinySephiroth

Team Patriot
Derek Radcliff (Patriot Ranger) - ShinySephiroth
Luzianna Lux (Patriot Ranger) - MichelletheEditor
Dr. Sampson - ShinySephiroth
Jenkins - ShinySephiroth
Lacey Nocht - MichelletheEditor

Dark Justice
Dean (Rage Ranger) - ShinySephiroth
JB-2/Joe (Nadir Ranger) - ShinySephiroth

Allies
Vincent Pierce -
Danny Webbs -
Gosei - MichelletheEditor
Mystic Mother - ShinySephiroth
Chief Simons - ShinySephiroth
Barney - RedLegacyRanger
Jamie - MichelletheEditor
Daggeron - ShinySephiroth
Trey - ShinySephiroth

SPD
Charlie (A-Squad Red) - ShinySephiroth
Anubis Cruger - ShinySephiroth
Dr. Kat Manx - ShinySephiroth
Boom - ShinySephiroth

Villains
General Nek Atlas - MichelletheEditor

Last edited by ShinySephiroth; March 18th, 2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old March 16th, 2018, 03:26 PM #3
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

“Yea,I’ll be there in a few minutes.” Blake said as he hung up the phone and took a giant swing of his Jack. An old friend asked him to help him at SPD headquarters. Blake got up out of his seat and looked down at his morpher. “Back to work old friend.” he said, as he headed out the door to go meet up with his friend.
RedLegacyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 03:52 PM #4
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

"He'll be here soon," JB said, turning to look at the commander of Earth's SPD unit, Anubis "Doggie" Cruger.

"Good," Cruger stated, nodding unconsciously. "If our intel is correct, we need this little experiment of yours to get started."

A scoff was heard as Cruger's words finished. The sound made the hairs on JB's arms stand on end, for he knew from who the sound had come. The woman who had been on his case ever since he began helping SPD: Charlie, A-Squad's Red Ranger.

"You have something to say?" Cruger asked, turning to her.

"I just don't understand why you don't send my team and why we are still wasting resources on this new team," Charlie replied nonchalantly. "I mean, we have more than two years' worth of data to see how well JB's affiliates have done in 'protecting' Harwood. And who do we have? Hmm?

"Blake Maxwell, someone who our reports confirm is the vigilante running amok in the city and led both Ultra Force and Omega Strike into several debacles, which my team was fortunate enough to save during the whole Digital thing.

"Gabe Morales, a kid with EMT training who was pushed into this line of work and who hasn't been the most emotionally stable.

"And, of course, Miss Jezebel Bitao. A former associate of General Nek's who--"

"Please, no more," JB stated, losing his patience. "You have some weird beef with me? Whatever. But you are being extremely unfair to those three. They have done nothing but sacrifice for the people of this city. And you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to them. Gabe is going through a... very hard time in his after what just happened to him. And Jezebel? You will never understand the sacrifices she has gone through."

"And that qualifies them to be rangers? To protect this city over my team?" Charlie asked, not changing her tone.

"Enough. This is my business. We've been through this, A-Squad Commander. I have other projects for A-Squad to deal with up in space. Got it?" Cruger answered/asked/ordered.

"Sir, yes sir." Charlie answered, saluting Doggie before leaving.

That caused JB to swallow hard. In his timeline, in the year 2025, Charlie betrayed SPD and almost caused an evil warlord known as Emperor Gruumm to take over the galaxy. Knowing this Charlie, now in the year 2022, was about to go up to space... it led to JB being more than concerned. Would she follow in the steps of her temporal counterpart? He hoped not...

"Now, JB?" Cruger asked. "Let me know when Bitao, Morales, and Maxwell arrive. I'll be in my office until then."

"Yes, sir." JB answered, taking a seat as Cruger left.

This is it... JB thought. The beginning of Cyber Unit...

Walter Ore walked down the street. He felt the "items" weighing down his pockets. He was nervous having them. So nervous it was almost as if they were burning a hole into his pants.

This will work... He thought to himself. The warehouse's inventory is so messed up... there's no way Nek will ever find out about the ones I stole! The research said it would work... this'll make me a billionaire!

He went to his neighborhood, hoping to find some people to give a couple of free samples to give them a taste of what he could get to them. That's when he saw one of his old friends from high school. A kid named Parker.

"Hey, yo! Parker!" Walter shouted. "How's football practice up at the university goin', my man?"

"Uh... meh, really," Parker said, disappointed. "Coach benched me."

This was Walter's moment. Perfect.

"Well... you know how I work in that science lab, right?"

"...yeah?"

"Guess what? I may or may not have something here that'll make you go beast mode on the field..."

Parker sighed. Ever since he'd been benched, he'd been thinking of taking "alternative" routes to upping his performance, but didn't know where to look.

Maybe this is what I've been looking for? Parker thought.

"Go on..." Parker said.

Walter smiled. "So... all you do is suck on one of these for thirty seconds, and your whole world's gonna change, my man..."

Parker watched as Walter pulled out what looked like a green Starburst from his pocket. He reached for it with slight hesitation.

He put the object in his mouth. I mean... what's the worst that could happen, right?
Old March 16th, 2018, 06:36 PM #5
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Gabe and Jezebel circled around the sparring ring, not taking their eyes off each other. It being early afternoon on a weekday, the gym they were in was sparsely populated. A five-year-old pop song rose and fell in the background, accompanied by the hum of air conditioning. Both of the pair were breathing hard, and Gabe had just about sweated through his shirt on all sides.

He lunged forward, right fist first. Jezebel ducked and blocked with raised forearms. Her ponytail whipped into her face as she turned. For a second, she hesitated. Gabe's left hook snapped her head to one side. Down onto one knee she went with a grunt. He backed up quickly.

"Sorry! Are you okay?"

Jezebel straightened, shaking her head. She spat out a mouthful of hair. "No, it's fine. Actually I think your aim has improved." A glance sideways, and she grinned at him. "Plus I see you've learned to stay in guard stance."

Gabe smiled briefly, still keeping his arms raised. "I don't like getting punched in the face either."

Jezebel went back into her own fighting stance, but before she could attack, a phone started ringing. Gabe climbed out of the ring and pulled it out of his coat pocket, lying on top of his bag. His smile vanished as he saw the caller ID. He answered immediately, his voice suddenly serious.

"This is Gabe. Hi Boom." Jezebel leaned on the ropes and stretched her back out, started to unwrap her hands. "That's what I thought. Jezebel's actually right here, I can tell her for you. Yeah. I think about thirty minutes, but I'll say forty in case we hit traffic or something." Something dark flickered across his expression, a cold kind of satisfaction. "No, I'm ready. Okay. Bye."

He hung up. Jezebel ducked between the ropes and climbed out of the ring.

"SPD?" She asked, swiping her hair out of her face as she walked over to Gabe and her own gym bag.

"Yup. I don't know if it's Blake's vigilante thing or they had some other kind of breakthrough, but Boom said they want to start dealing with the Nek thing again."

"Thirty minutes, you said?" Jezebel asked, starting some cooldown stretches.

"It's only a couple of minutes' drive, I figured we'd want to at least shower before we went."

"It takes you half an hour to shower?" Jezebel asked, bemused.

Gabe shrugged, a little defensive. "I just like having enough time so I don't have to rush."

"Fair enough." Jezebel went back to her routine. Gabe collected his things and headed off to the locker room, and soon after Jezebel followed suit. Almost too quickly she'd cleaned up and found herself staring absently at the mirror, her thoughts far away.

Jezebel had known this moment was coming, almost wished for it, but now she wasn't so sure she wanted to get back in the suit. She didn't like looking over her shoulder all the time, but open combat wasn't actually much better. She'd tried to convince herself this would give her closure, finally stopping General Atlas, but it wasn't working. He’d killed or defeated many better, more experienced Rangers before now. She’d fought him three times, and each time he’d either won, or faked a defeat. Even though they had SPD, their team was much smaller than last time. Did they really have a chance?

She let out a huff of air, clouding the mirror. “Don’t be stupid,” she said out loud. Nek might still be here, but each time they’d taken a little more power away from him, won back a little more ground. It wouldn’t be easy, but then again, that was why there were Power Rangers to begin with.

Jezebel focused on her reflection, in particular the clumps of black hair hanging around her face. She should have been able to see that punch coming. Granted, Gabe had improved significantly since last year--he’d been training like his life depended on it--but still. It was a potential liability, even with the helmet. Not something she could afford right now. Unzipping the inside pocket of her gym bag, Jezebel pulled out a folding knife--she never went anywhere unarmed anymore--and started cutting.

Ten minutes later she emerged from the locker room with slightly ragged, chin-length hair and a determined stride. When Gabe came out to meet her at the doors he did a double-take.

“It was in the way” was all she said. “Let’s go.”

Last edited by MichelleTheEditor; March 3rd, 2019 at 11:03 AM.
MichelleTheEditor is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 08:35 PM #6
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Blake got to SPD, and walked through the doors. He walked up to the desk and lifted up his sleeve to reveal his morpher. The officer at the desk said “top floor” noticing Blake’s morpher. Blake got into the elevator and pressed the button for top floor. The doors slid open and he walked onto a busy floor, trainees were running with their officers barking orders at them. Then, he saw JB. “Long time no see hombre!” Blake said with wide grin
Old March 17th, 2018, 02:49 PM #7
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB smiled at Blake. "I should have known you'd be here first! How are ya', bro?"
Old March 17th, 2018, 04:35 PM #8
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

“Ya know, same crap, different day, how about you man, what do they have you doing over here?” Blake said as he crossed his arms and leaned up against the wall.
Old March 17th, 2018, 06:50 PM #9
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

"Well, pretty much the same thing I was doing from my own base," JB started. "But ever since you came to me with your idea for Cyber Unit, well... they've had me here to directly look over me. If I'm going to be using SPD tech to build these new morphers, I suppose they wanna make sure I'm under their watchful eye. Hopefully after your first mission I can move back to my base full-time..."
Old March 17th, 2018, 09:34 PM #10
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Looking down at his morpher, a wide grin came across his face “So,about the first mission what are you getting started with it?” Blake said as he pushed himself off the wall and began to walk even though he wasn’t sure what room he was supposed to go into.
Old March 18th, 2018, 08:38 AM #11
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

"We'll tell you the mission as soon as Jezebel and Gabe arrive," JB said. "By the way, how's Barney? Doing well?"
Old March 18th, 2018, 09:13 AM #12
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Parker felt more energy run through him than he had in quite a while. It was... beyond anything he could describe.

"You okay?" Walter asked suddenly.

"... I'm fine..." Parker whispered. "Just... hungry..."

"Hungry?" Asked Walter, confused. "What--?"

"Yah!" Screamed Parker, suddenly leaping into the air and landing on the roof of a nearby house. "So hungry!"

Walter began slowly stepping away as people began crowding around the house in confusion. Hoping to not be seem, Walter spun around to flee the scene. Before he took two steps, he ran smack into a guy in the neighborhood who he'd gone to school with. A young man a few years younger than him by the name of Danny Webbs.

"Oof!" Walter gasped as he fell to his back.

Dang... felt like hitting a brick wall... He thought.

"Suh... sorry, man," Walter stated as he picked himself up.
Old March 18th, 2018, 03:40 PM #13
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

“Say no more, but the old man is doing good.” Blake said.
Old March 18th, 2018, 05:13 PM #14
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Jezebel and Gabe arrived together. The officer at the front desk recognized them and directed them upstairs as well. They soon emerged into an area not unlike the gym they'd been in earlier--although here there was a good mix of weapons-based training going on, ranging from simple melee combat to trainees using alien-looking devices on dummies. JB and Blake were the only people standing still. The new arrivals headed over.

"So we're finally going to catch up with you on the whole 'new powers' thing, huh Blake?" Gabe asked, half-teasing.
Old March 18th, 2018, 05:56 PM #15
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Seeing Jezebel and Gabe arrive made Blake happy. He hasn’t seen his teammates in a while, and now they are finally getting back to action. “It’s about time, you guys are due for an upgrade!” Blake teased back. Looking at JB, “So, the gangs back together, let’s get this party started huh?” he said with a smile:
Old March 18th, 2018, 06:20 PM #16
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

JB smiled. "It's great to see you all together. Thanks for the patience as we got things going and this new project online.

"So, I know Blake has been trying to keep track of Nek's dealings, running after any hint of him. Like him, Team Patriot have also been trying to keep track of Nek. I know it won't come as a surprise to any of you, but both teams of people haven't had much success except for whispers here and there. Chief Simons has done what he can to try and piece together what they've found, and SPD has filled in the rest.

"So... Commander Cruger has decided to test Blake's brainchild with you guys. No pressure, huh? Hehe... A-Squad has tracked down a warehouse with an unusual amount of power being consumed here in the city. With all of the puzzle pieces being put together, we think it's a Nek hub for... something. We are sending you guys in to check it out, and we are fairly certain whatever you find, being Nek sponsored, will be dangerous and needing ranger powers. Team Patriot and A-Squad will be on standby to help. If you look to the table in front of you, a map is provided to the location and what we could find of the schematics in the city plans."
Old March 18th, 2018, 06:35 PM #17
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

Gabe grinned and moved to shake Blake's hand. "Glad to finally join the party. I heard you've been playing Batman--going after muggers with Ranger powers seems like overkill, but hey, it's not a bad hobby."

Jezebel came over to study the table map, her game face already on. "Not many entrances," she noted, looking over the schematics. "What's the recent activity been here? How long ago did you detect that power spike?"
Old March 18th, 2018, 07:13 PM #18
> RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

RedLegacyRanger
Red Legacy Ranger

Blake made a slight grin and let out a slight chuckle, “Yea, you know, you have to do what you have to.” he said. But then, he walked over to the table and stood next to Jezebel, “Do we have anyone on the inside, or they holding any innocents?” Blake said, stroking his chin.
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:01 PM #19
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

"We don't quite know what the activity is," Answered JB. "Spikes of activity popping up in waves. It was trying to be masked on the city's records by being split up between several local businesses, but it was still an unusual amount of energy for the area. Seeing it caused SPD's number crunchers to take a deeper look. Last time was two days ago. Surveillance has shown plain white trucks moving into the area during the early morning hours and leaving around 7pm every night, though."
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:09 PM #20
> MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

MichelleTheEditor
"Creator Corps Yellow!"

"I don't think they have hostages if they're trying to avoid attention," Jezebel said. "But that does mean we don't know what we're dealing with until we actually find it, so I'd recommend going in quietly if possible."'

"I feel like that's more of a 'how long' than an 'if' kinda question," Gabe said, coming over to join the other two. "Unless those new powers are reeeaally different from regular Ranger stuff, it won't be very subtle."

Tags
crisis crunch, here we go again, nek is back, new beginnings, rpg