Menu

Old April 30th, 2014, 10:36 AM #61
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Thank you guys very much. It makes me happy to see you are liking it!

You bring up some good points about the future. I have those all worked out and I hope you like the answers that will be coming! ^_^

I am glad you like the pictures being placed. I hope it makes it better to juggle all of the different characters. I hadn't realized until recently that it may be a lot to keep everything in line. On that note, does anyone have a preference between having the pictures on the screen, or keeping them as hyperlinks? It's all the same to me, so if anyone has a preference please let me know!

Thanks for the wishes! I just finished my last two yesterday. I don't feel like I did as well on my Anatomy final as I wanted, and I will probably retake the course to get the grade I was after. :/ I aced my Research final, though, so it was a bittersweet day yesterday. It ended well: I helped someone move out of his apartment with some buddies of mine. It was actually pretty fun. It helped me take my mind off that grueling Anatomy test. V_V

I am currently working on chapter sixteen. If you have any questions about something you may not understand, please let me know!
ShinySephiroth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:39 PM #62
> commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

I think just the hyperlinks are fine, since you have posted all the character photos on the first page if anyone wants a reference of them all.

In case I missed it, many chapters do you see unfolding? I'm really enjoying the story. I hope that once it is all finished that you will make a single big PDF file of every chapter together. I'm sure this is something I will want to come back to and read again someday.

I understand needing a distraction from exams and such. I'm in grad school right now and your stories are a good distraction for me from the writing I need to be doing on my thesis.
commander17 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:50 PM #63
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Congrats on getting into grad school! My hat is off to you. I hope your thesis isn't giving you too much of a headache!

I hadn't thought of compiling everything, so thank you for that suggestion. I will do that at the end of each "part". As of now, Origins is looking to be 3 parts, around 33 chapters per part. It may be slightly more or less. For example, I just combined 16 and 17 into one chapter. I don't know yet how the final count will be affected. Also, I do have things planned after Origins, as TheFightingSpirit mentioned on page one.

I will post sixteen as soon as I can. It is ready and just needing to be converted to RangerBoard.
Old April 30th, 2014, 05:44 PM #64
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Chapter Sixteen: The Fight for Status

Zordon, Estro, and Orion made their way to the training arena. This would be where The Trials would take place, as it always had. Estro was speaking with Orion about recent happenings.

“Orion, I know things are looking dire, so please ensure who is picked is more of a fighter than a thinker.” The king glanced at Zordon. “No offense, of course, Master Zordon. We all know you are a great fighter as well as a thinker!”

He continued. “Please look at these recruits for the power they could bring. What with The Gold Ranger, Master Vile, and our old friend Zedd possessed... well, we have a lot on our plate.”

Orion, not making eye contact with the man for whom he had no respect, continued walking. “Will do, Estro. Thank you for your advice. Now, shouldn’t you be taking care of managing The Alliance’s affairs at the moment?”

Nodding, Estro kept walking with the two others assigned to presided over The Trials. Orion pointed to Research and Development. “Zordon, I need to pick something up first. I left my workbook in my office.”

As they entered, Estro replied to Orion’s previous statement directed to him. “Yes, yes! While Masters Gerlit and Animus take care of some of the other paperwork and whatnot, I am here looking over this Alliance affair. What could be more important than the calling of a new Master?”

They passed Burai as he worked on restoring Lightning Cruiser after its last battle with Lord Zedd. It hadn’t fared too well and had been out of commission. As the three Masters walked by, Lightning Cruiser’s alarms started blaring.

“What on Andresia’s moons...!? Zordon!? Why is it doing this!?” Orion screamed.

Burai hurriedly disconnected some wires under the hood. “Sorry. I haven’t got all of the kinks out. That alarm is supposed to indicate an intruder in an area he is not supposed to be.” Burai sighed, using an oily rag to mop sweat off his brow.

King Estro chuckled. “I guess that would be my cue to head on back to HQ. I can take a hint!”

Burai jumped up. “No, sir! That’s not what I meant! I--”

Orion laughed and placed a hand on Burai’s shoulder. “He’s only kidding, Burai. Don’t get all caught up in formalities. Master Estro should be heading back, though.”

Estro’s face dropped at this, seeing how his joke backfired. “Okay! Okay! Good luck with The Trials, Burai!”

As Zordon left to grab Orion’s book, Orion turned to Burai. “Shouldn’t you be getting ready for the exams?”

Burai nodded. “Yes, but I promised I would do everything I could to get Lightning Cruiser back up and running. I figured I’d have some time before The Trials.”

“Well, kiddo, I think this can wait. Go get ready. We’ll be starting up soon.”

A little while later, Zordon and Orion sat at the judge’s table, watching Margaret, Cestro, and Burai warm up. As they did, Zordon remembered how it was for him when he went through The Trials two months earlier. The application process, once again, had scored him in the top three of The Academy, with Margaret coming behind Burai in a close fourth. He remembered how Cestro had done in the previous process. Zordon had a very difficult time with Cestro, and was able to barely squeeze out the victory over him. The rules of the battles for The Trials were simple: Each fighter starts on one side of the room. The room is littered with artificial boulders, ravines, and trees. The first person to cause their opponent to fall to at least one knee would be the winner.

Thinking back on the battle, Zordon remembered Cestro’s tenacity. At one point, Cestro had begun controlling the water in the ravine. He concentrated it as a torrent toward Zordon. Zordon touched his chest as he remembered the pain he had felt. He remembered flying through the air and landing. He remembered his masterful land as well: He landed with his palms outstretched and on the tips of his toes, in a push-up like position. Like a lion, he quickly sprinted up and hit Cestro in the chest, tackling him with his shoulder. As they landed, Zordon was on top of Cestro and Cestro lay with his back to the ground. Zordon had then reached down and rotated Cestro’s leg medially until Cestro’s knee touched the dirt. Rules were rules, and Zordon knew how to play by them.

Zordon glanced at Burai’s warm up. Zordon believed Cestro would be the victor today and become a Morphing Master, but still kept in his mind that Burai could pull an upset. When Zordon had battled Burai, the battle had not gone how Zordon expected. As the battle had begun, Zordon shot many currents of electricity at his opponent. Burai had pulled out a dagger of some sort, and placed it to his lips. He used it as a flute, playing an interesting tune from it. The shots deflected off of him as his triangular vest suddenly became a golden shield. Zordon was surprised Burai had Morphing Grid capabilities similar to Orion, to be able to conjure armor from The Grid itself. Only a few people could do such a thing, and Zordon was not one of them.

He remembered how tempted he had been to summon the saber he had created to tap into Saba, but he had been afraid that he hadn’t allowed time for Sentinel Knight to be able to accept tapping into totems for power. Zordon had feared that Sentinel Knight would deem it too close to tapping The Morphing Grid itself to become a powerful warrior, and such technology should not be distributed to those who did not have the natural ability to do such a thing, like Burai and Orion had.

If I had only listened to Saba and had spoken to Sentinel sooner... Zordon thought. He thought about what it would’ve been like to see his Saba saber clink with Burai’s dagger. Maybe someday in the future I’ll get the chance to see that... At that battle, Burai seemed untouchable. Zordon, already fatigued from his battle with Cestro, could not seem to keep up. He launched himself into the air for an aerial strike. Burai jumped up and met him there. For what seemed like longer than it could’ve possibly been, they exchanged blows in the air. Burai punched Zordon in the chest and, as he started falling, also swept the legs out from under Zordon. Once Zordon landed, he found himself facing the dirt, knees touching the ground. Burai had won.

The match that followed Zordon's defeat between Cestro and Burai had not been anything amazing: Burai began with the same tactic and Cestro, now knowing Burai’s new abilities, planned ahead. Cestro controlled the ravine again and shot a powerful stream at a tree. The tree was cut through its very center and starting falling toward Burai. As Burai rolled out of the way, Cestro lunged at him and kicked him in the head. Burai was out cold, and Cestro had been the winner.

Taking into account everyone’s record for the battles and also the interview process, Cestro and Zordon had tied for the top spot in The Academy, with Burai trailing behind them. This is why the conjecture about who would take Master App's place was so wide and varied at the time of his destruction.

“Wake up, kid.” Orion jabbed Zordon in the ribs. Zordon shot him an irritated glance.

“It’s time to interview. Burai’s up first.”

The interviews were a long and boring process. Each of the candidates spoke about what they had been doing for The Academy and what their future plans were. They all had great things to say about what they would do once they became a Morphing Master.

Dream all you want. It’s not like once you become a Morphing Master you’ll have any time to do what you had planned anyway... Zordon thought bitterly.

After their song and dance was over, the tough part of the competition was up: the battle. Looking at his paper, according to the scores given up to that point, Margaret was slightly in the lead, with Burai in second, and Cestro in third. Margaret’s contributions to The M51 War had helped propel her in this round of The Trials, while Burai’s application was incredibly built up from just two months prior, with all the help he had been doing in Research and Development. What garnered him extra points was the fact he had been the acting head of research ever since Zordon had become too busy with Alliance affairs. His past victory over Zordon was also taken into account.

Ironic... Thought Zordon. He was inadvertently helping Burai’s application seem stronger. Zordon made a mental note that if Cestro could beat both Burai and Margaret, then he could still be the one The Masters pick to have a field test and become a Master himself.

The first match would be between Burai and Margaret. Burai looked over at the girl. To him, she was as beautiful as ever. He knew this would be difficult for him, seeing he had feelings for her. He knew he would have to bury those feelings if he would become a Master.

Margaret smiled at her opponent as the bell sounded, indicating the beginning of the battle. Margaret stood, wanting to give Burai the first move. She knew he had feelings for her and was hoping this would play to her advantage. Looking at the determination on his face, however, made her think those feelings may not be a factor in this bout.

“Dragon Dagger!” Burai shouted. A green dagger appeared in his hand. Burai touched it to his lips and played a tune, causing a shield to appear on his person. “Dragon Shield: Activate!” His hands began glowing green as he twisted his trunk.

“Dragon Orb!” He yelled as he twisted again, sending a green ball of Grid energy at Margaret. The young woman flipped over the orb, her silver hair flying around her as she did, landing back where she had originally been standing. Burai thought the scene was beautiful, almost in slow motion: she stood, staring him down as a fire blazed behind her.

“Magical Focus: Shockwave Pulsar!” A blue ripple formed around her and shot out to Burai. He began playing his flute while a golden shine could been seen forming around his shield. It seemed to shield him from the blast.

“Magical Focus: Laser Eye!” Margaret yelled again. Blue energy beams shot out of Margaret’s eyes and hit Burai’s dagger, sending it flying from his hands. As Burai dove to grab it, Margaret got back into position for another spell.

“Magical Focus: Degenerator!” As Margaret pronounced this attack, Burai disappeared.

Orion and Zordon looked around, confused. Margaret seemed to stagger a little and lean against a tree. Of all of her spells, Degenerator was one that didn’t have a high hit ratio, but it always sucked a lot out of her.

Suddenly, Burai appeared again, falling from the top of the room onto the ground. He grunted loudly as he hit the earth.

“Match: Margaret!” Orion declared, looking at Burai’s knees covered in dirt. Burai pounded the dirt. He knew he would have to beat Cestro, and then Cestro beat Margaret, if he had any chance of being the next Master.

He stood and bowed to Margaret, turning around and making his way back to where he would wait. According to the random draw, he was on deck to fight Cestro next.

The bell sounded and Burai decided to start things differently: he charged at Cestro, summoning his shield as he did. Cestro did a mid air cartwheel to dodge the attack. Cestro produced a blade from within his robe. As he pulled it from its sheath, a laser appeared, being the blade.

Burai slashed at his Cestro, with Cestro parrying the blow. They circled each other, watching each other’s hips to try and predict the next move.

Cestro was the first to initiate an attack. He saw an opening and went for the slash to one of Burai’s legs. Burai quickly blocked it and, taking a step back, kicked dirt into Cestro’s eyes.

“AHH!!” The Aquitian yelled. At this opportunity, Burai simply jumped into the air and landed on Cestro’s back, causing Cestro to crumple with the weight.

“Match: Burai!” Zordon declared, slightly irritated. He wondered if Cestro could beat Margaret now, after seeing this impressive display of Blue Magic he did not know she had.

Zordon and Margaret had been friends in The Academy for quite some time. They always had a bit of a rivalry, playfully trying to one up the other with witty quips in class or trying to score higher on exams. Up to that point, Zordon had always come up the victor.

Zordon started imagining what it would be like with Margaret as a Master. It had been a while since there had been a female Master sent up. It would definitely help with the group’s diversity. Zordon thought. She was also proving herself to be a formidable fighter.

He looked as Cestro took his place to battle Margaret. Margaret put her hand to her head, grimacing.

“Is everything alright, Margaret?” Orion asked from his seat.

“Yes. I just have a bit of a headache is all. Not a big deal.” Margaret lied. Using powerful spells like Shockwave Pulsar and Degenerator were spells that always took its toll on its user. Margaret’s head pounded as she stared at Burai. She heard the bell ding.

I need to take this one fast. I don’t know how long I have. Margaret thought quickly as she moved into position.

Burning watched, tense. He had plans no one knew about. If they were ever to come to pass, he needed to become a Master.

Cestro didn’t want to take any chances. He focused the ravine into an arrow-like projection and shot it at Margaret.

“Magical Focus: Aqua Breath!” Taking control of the arrow, Margaret redirected it and shot Cestro with it. It flew through his shoulder before turning into a puddle around him. Blood spurt out of the hole.

“Magical Focus: Electrocute!” Margaret did not target Cestro with this attack: She targeted the pool of water around him. As Cestro realized what she had done, his eyes widened. He had no time to react. The next thing he knew, he was convulsing on the ground from being electrocuted.

“Magical Focus: White Wind!” Margaret cast her last spell, sending a magical wisp of air around Cestro, healing him of his wounds. She knew sportsmanship was something the judges might take into account.

Zordon and Orion looked at each other, pleased with what they saw. The other two members of The Top walked over to her and shook her hand. Burai, although disappointed, was glad that it was her. She was a special person and he knew it.

Perhaps I can still use her to get my plans in motion... Burai thought.

“Now, Margaret. Follow us back up to The Morphing Masters’ council room. We need to speak to you about your field exam, to complete your initiation.” Orion said.

She nodded. “Thank you so very much! But first...” She looked down to see some blood drip out of her nose. “Can I get something for my headache?”

. . .

“May we strike now, Master Vile?” The Gold Ranger asked.

Master Vile nodded, seemingly pleased. “Yes, I believe now would be the perfect time to strike! Madame Woe, you know what to do?”

Madame Woe nodded. Her spirit had recently been placed in a new body, created by Vile's best scientists. Once one of her vessels were destroyed, she always waited to be summoned again, to inhabit a new body. This was the curse she had to endure after having betrayed The Morphing Masters many a century ago.

Master Vile turned to Novact. “Turn off the shield to The Morphing Masters’ headquarters!”

Novact smiled and did so, using the code his insider gave him. The shield deactivated.

“ATTACK!”

. . .

As Zordon, Margaret, and Orion made their way back to their main room, an explosion rang out in the halls. They rushed forward to see Master Gerlit unconscious, covered in rubble.

“Power of Light: Activate!” Orion yelled.

“Defender Helmet: Activate!” They heard this come from the inside of the room. The trio rushed in to find Madame Woe and Animus in his Animal Defender Armor squaring off.

“Saba!” Zordon said, summoning his red saber. As he did, Madame Woe and Animus disappeared.

“Oh, no! He can’t go alone!” Orion cried out, exasperated.

“You won’t have time to think about him while you’re dealing with me!” They heard a voice from above. They looked to find The Gold Ranger staring down and them, cackling.

“Hiyah!” The Gold Ranger yelled. As The Gold Ranger descended, they began their battle. The Gold Ranger was able to fend off their attacks with ease.

“I can feel it... She is heavily tapped into The Morphing Grid.” Orion said as he felt the fighter be able to use The Grid to predict their every move.

Zordon shot lasers at The Gold Ranger, but they missed.

Margaret backed away for a moment before charging up for a Blue Magic attack. “Magical Focus: Homing Laser!

Six balls of light appeared around her, then beamed out toward The Gold Ranger. The blast hit the ranger hard.

“Ahh! Ugh...” The Gold Ranger said, putting a hand up to the power shield. Looking around while staggering up, The Gold Ranger teleported out in a cascade of gold light.

Margaret fainted. Zordon and Orion ran to her.

“What a brave young lady. I hope she’ll be alright.” Orion said.

Zordon nodded. “I hope so, too. I also hope Master Animus is okay...”

. . .

Animus hurriedly cut at the braids trying to ensnare him from Madame Woe’s head. He rolled and ducked, but did not know if he could hold on for much longer. He looked around at his environment, finding himself in the black wasteland Woe had a habit of placing her victims in.

“You have no chance of defeating me!” Madame Woe yelled.

Animus then had an idea. He allowed himself to get caught.

As she drew him closer, she cackled. “I told you to give up, and you did! Fool!”

At that, Animus commanded his suit to power down. As his armor disappeared, he wasn’t as thick as he had been with the armor on, and was easily able to slip out from Madame Woe’s clutches. He aimed his lance at her forehead and directed it right to the jewel on it. She screamed as they appeared back in the council room.

As this occurred, Masters Dimitria, Magnus, and Ivicar walked into the room. Ivicar took one glace and shot a purple beam of energy at Madame Woe, causing electricity to swarm her body. She then fell to the ground, exploding.

Everyone shielded their eyes until the fire disappeared.

“What is happening here!?” Ivicar demanded.

. . .

As the Masters, now with Sentinel, sat and listened to what happened, they took notes. King Estro sat amongst them as well. He had been found under the rubble when they pulled Master Gerlit out. The Masters allowed Margaret to stay in this council, much as they did with Zordon when he was first brought into their ranks not more than days earlier.

Ivicar nodded and stood. “With what happened to us back at Triforia, I think I have a clear picture of what is happening: Master Tria has used resources from Triforia to be able to hack into our mainframe. Zordon, you and Burai must work to enforce our firewall.”

After that statement, he turned to face Sentinel Knight. “Sentinel, it is obvious that Triforia is in league with Tria. They have shot at us and now attacked our base. We must act.”

Sentinel Knight looked down in distress. He shook his head in disbelief. So much seemed to be happening around them in such a short time: Master App’s death, Master Tria’s betrayal, the creation of Lord Zedd, Master Vile trying to get The Zeo Crystal...

“Everyone, listen carefully.” Sentinel Knight said. “This may be the biggest chain of events The Morphing Masters have ever seen. We must be up to the challenge. As of now... The Alliance is at war with Triforia.”
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:37 PM #65
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Incredible as usual and I love the hints of the classic Green Ranger powers origin. I also see some allusions to Mystic Force as well, I believe?
White Genesis is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 11:14 PM #66
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Yes! I was wondering if anyone would catch that. It is a nod to Mystic Force.

I am glad you liked it! I'm excited for the next installments!
Old May 2nd, 2014, 05:19 PM #67
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Chapter Seventeen: Trick or be Tricked

Tria looked around. She knew she could not be seen: she had finally mastered using The Golden Cog Rito had left behind during Master Vile’s attack on The Intergalactic Conference. She learned that junctioning it to her Power Staff granted an invisibility field around her.

She saw her prey and knew it was a matter of time before she would take its life. She held fast to her Power Staff.

Although she could not be seen, her prey had amazing senses and would hear her if she was not careful. When she knew she was in position, she struck. Leaping down from the tree, her Power Staff hit the prey, taking its life.

She focused on severing her connection to The Golden Cog through her Power Staff, then appeared. She was still in the jungle on an unknown planet. Ever since she had lost the ability to morph after her confrontation with Lord Zedd, she lived here. It had been weeks, but she did not know that: all she knew was that it would likely be her permanent home, and she needed to learn to survive.

She looked at the beast below her. She knew she needed sustenance, and weeks prior had scanned the area for animals she could eat that were not sentient. She recognized one from a report she had done back as a cadet in The Academy, and aside from berries and water, her diet was restricted to that beast.

As she prepared a fire to cook the animal, she heard something overhead.

Impossible! She thought. Looking up, a ship split the trees which had been a canopy over her during her time on the planet. She focused on The Golden Cog and became invisible, hoping to dodge whoever had come.

“Master Tria?" A voice said through the ship's external audio system. "We have a reading on your bio signature. This is The Triforian Police: We are here to take you home! Repeat: We come in peace and are here to help!”

Severing her connection to The Golden Cog, she fell to her knees. She looked at the blood on her hands and Power Staff. She looked at the environment around her. Although a short time, she knew she had grown into a tougher warrior here. She had become stronger and more diligent, even without The Gold Ranger powers.

For becoming a stronger warrior, though, she still had her emotions. She looked up at the ship as a tractor beam found her. She was laughing, tears of joy spilling down her face.
. . .

Lord Zedd looked at his opponent, fury burning in his eyes. Inhabiting the same mind, Commander Zedd peered through what had once been his eyes and caught a glance of his reflection, coming off of the ship his body was standing next to. Oh, my! He thought. He looked as if he had aged a significant amount in the weeks since he had been possessed by The Dark Lord. The strain his body had gone through during the short time between his possession and the creation of The Z Staff had taken a toll on his mortal frame.

Lord Zedd addressed his opponent. “How dare you stand against me! I am Lord Zedd. Bow to me, before it is too late!”

The man in the gold mask grinned. “There is nothing you can do to defeat me. I have more experience in battle in one week’s worth of time, than you have had in your entire life!" Dregon pointed a pistol at Zedd’s feet. "This I can tell by your stance.”

Zedd continued to glare. “Stand down now and let me take this planet as my own, and you will not suffer the consequences!” Lord Zedd, no longer constrained by the body he had as The Dark Lord, still had the need to feed, though not like before: All he did was point his staff at a planet's surface and drain it of energy until he was satiated. He had found a planet during his drifting, and something inside him told him the planet’s name: Edenoi.

What he had neglected to foresee was that it was currently being invaded by a bitter man: Count Dregon. Zedd targeted Dregon with a blast from his staff.

Dregon caught the blast with his hand and redirected it at Zedd. The explosion sent Zedd flying backward. Clutching his chest, he looked up at the tyrant before him.

“I admire your tenacity. I will grant you... a pass. Leave now. I am sure you can find some other place to attack.” Dregon said, honestly pitying what he thought was an old man before him. He must have been quite the warrior in his youth. I don't wish to be the one to bring him fully back to reality, to see what he has become.

Dregon gave the man before him another nod, followed by a gesture to leave. "Go now, Zedd. May the Power protect you."

Zedd, broken and embarrassed, teleported back into space from off Edenoi’s surface. As he flew off, he looked back in anger.

Commander Zedd could feel The Dark Lord attempting to find information about Dregon in the brain they shared. He quickly cut the intruder off from the information. Mentally laughing, he taunted his parasite: <I guess you're not the big, bad master you thought you were!>

Gritting his teeth and clenching his fist, he yelled, “I hate Count Dregon!”
. . .

Zordon looked at his wrist tech, going over the assignment again in his head. He was to go with Masters Orion and Michael to hunt down Master Vile. They had a plan they decided upon: They were going to make a false transmission, allowing Vile to overhear it. Planting false information, they would lead him to believe those three Masters had The Zeo Crystal, and were going to deposit it in The Deserted Planet. They planned on Vile showing up with a good portion of his army. Once he did, they would send a signal and Rahp and his men would appear, waiting in orbit, ready for a final confrontation with the demon.

He wondered how the other divisions of The Morphing Masters were. He knew Dulcea, Kamen, and Gosei were taking advantage of the plot against Vile to finish the final fortifications on Earth’s moon, and also the transferring of The Zeo Crystal to what they all hoped would be its new home under the palace of that moon. The palace once was the headquarters for The Morphing Masters, centuries ago. To ensure things went smoothly, Luka Miller, one of The Alliance's best generals, oversaw defenses, aided by Captain Louse.

While Gerlit, Animus, and Magnus took care of affairs back at The Alliance headquarters, Masters Ivicar, Estro, and Dimitria were to go to Triforia (with the proper paperwork, this time) and do some investigating. Ivicar had decided it would be best for everyone involved if Estro went with him instead of Magnus, due to what had occurred the last time Magnus went to Triforia a few weeks earlier. Magnus was extremely frustrated with the situation, saying it was not fair that he was being "benched".

What made Zordon, and everyone for that matter in The Alliance, uneasy about the current affairs was Sentinel Knight: he decided to become an active member in this fight, even with his commission over The Corona Aurora. Sentinel had taken fleets commanded by Alliance fighters Risp and Filcar with him to search for Lord Zedd, along with Master Delphine. Accompanying them was Margaret. She had finally recovered from the massive amount of Blue Magic she had used on the day The Gold Ranger attacked The Morphing Masters’ base of operations, and was ready to do her field exam. Upon completion of it, she would be the newest Morphing Master.

Getting his thoughts in order, Zordon approached Burai in the lab for Research and Development. Lightning Cruiser and Storm Blaster greeted him as he walked into the area. Saba trailed Zordon, looking around cautiously, still unsure of how to walk in public. Up until recently, Saba was a secret Zordon had kept, fearing how Sentinel Knight would’ve reacted to him and Zordon’s research. Now that Saba was proven to not be an Alliance taboo, he walked around freely.

“Burai, is the transmission ready?”

Burai nodded. “I left a small opening in the transmission's coding. It should look as if it was an overlook on our part. I cannot see how they would not think otherwise.”

Zordon looked at Masters Michael and Orion, already in the room waiting.

Orion gestured with his hand to the radio. “It’s all yours, kiddo.”

Zordon disliked being called a “kid”, but shrugged it off. There were more important matters on his mind. He approached the radio and began the transmission:

*This is Master Zordon broadcasting over a secure connection. This message is intended for Master Orion and Master Michael. We have finally secured an area for The Zeo Crystal: We will be heading to The Deserted Planet and arriving there at fourteen hundred hours, Alliance time. That is all.*

Michael looked at everyone around him. “Okay guys. Let’s get ready. We’re going to battle.”
. . .

Magnus sat, literally twiddling his thumbs in the council chamber. Gerlit practiced some spells with a key in a corner of the room, while Animus hurriedly ran through paperwork. They had decided to take shifts with the documents, and Magnus awaited his turn.

"This is a declaration to The Alliance." The familiar voice rang over the speakers. Magnus bolted out of his chair and turned on the communications monitor.

On the screen sat Tria, sitting next to the king of Triforia. She held her Power Staff, with the king's insignia sitting atop it, suggesting the king's presence in and of itself on screen wasn't enough to show his support.

"I was, until recently, a Morphing Master. A chain of events has occurred, and I have been branded a traitor. I am not a traitor: I was not the person who attacked The Alliance weeks ago. I have been stranded on a planet near Mirinoi for several weeks, and have evidence to prove this. Triforia has not been harboring me: I was recently rescued by them, and we have documentation of this as well.

"I wish to be an ambassador of peace. I implore The Alliance to end the war with Triforia before it starts. We await your response."

"Hmph. Just what traitor would say..." Magnus said.

Although he knew Tria better than Magnus, Animus had no rebuttal: the evidence was not good, and he personally had seen and fought against The Gold Ranger. Why are you doing this, Tria? He thought.

Gerlit broke his silence, looking at his peers with concern is on his face. "I wonder how this will affect Ivicar. He should be getting to Triforia soon..."
. . .

"We have the proper documentation. You have confessed over television that you have Tria: by law, you must give her to us for questioning!" King Estro demanded.

The troops blocking their way through the passport terminal refused to budge, holding their blasters in a sentinel-like stance.

"Incorrect, Masters." A general said, making his way to the three. "You declared war on us weeks ago. We actually have the right to blast you away if we wanted..."

Estro's eyes widened. "Oh, please, no!" He backed away, hands in the air.

"Do we look as if we have come ready to fight?" Dimitria asked.

The general chuckled. "You guys are Morphing Masters. You're always ready for a fight."

With this, he stepped forward. With a frightened look on his face, Estro started screaming. "Dimitria! Get down!"

He launched himself into the man, tackling him. Soldiers started firing as Ivicar pulled Dimitria behind a wall.

Ivicar looked around the corner to see if Estro was doing well. He snuck back to Dimitria.

"The king is holding his own. We must get back to the ship."

Dimitria groaned. "He just made things worse. That general wasn't attacking! I think we need to talk things out with Triforia."

Ivicar shook his head. "Estro may be impulsive when he gets nervous. He may have jumped the gun... but do you think with the way that general was talking things wouldn't have happened like this anyway?" Shots were heard from behind them.

He continued. "He may be a buffoon at times, but I think he may have bought us time. He isn't a senior Morphing Master by chance."

Dimitria scoffed at that. Becoming a senior member was as much about politics as anything else. Leaving out their individual ranks, though, Dimitria saw the wisdom in Ivicar's words.

Smiling, she nodded. "I guess there always is the optimist's perspective. Thank you, Ivicar."

With that, they made a dash back to their ship. They began running into soldiers on the way.

Focusing, Dimitria caused the ground around her to quake. To avoid the attack, Ivicar jumped into the air. As he descended, he sent cascades of purple lightning against those who kept their footing against Dimitria's maneuver.

As they approached the ship, a very muscular man stood, waiting menacingly. He wore a smile on his smug face. He then divided into three different versions of himself.

Dimitria smiled. "I can handle this." She winked at Ivicar and walked forward, assuming a fighting stance.

Two of them charged her, leaving the third watching in case she squirmed away.

"Let's dance, shall we?" She said. She tapped The Morphing Grid and suddenly found herself being able to perceive those around her as if they were in slow motion. To those watching, she appeared to move at speeds which were faster than light. She could feel the chronium particles bind with her neuronal synapses, increasing her reaction time.

She ran to the first attacker and pushed him into the one watching. To the clone left over, she grabbed him by the hair and dragged him behind the watcher. As fighter number one flew into the watcher, she kicked the legs out from under fighter number two. Once time resumed itself for her, she watched the sight: the two parts of the fighter collided into the third who was on the ground. They all fell in a heap.

Chuckling, Ivicar levitated them onto a rafter on the roof.

Dimitria looked around. "It seems as if the coast is clear." Ivicar nodded and they ran toward their ship.

Suddenly, they heard clapping coming from their intended destination. The Gold Ranger stood in front of their ship.

"Tria!?" Dimitria said, nervous. She had feared a showdown with The Gold Ranger was inevitable.

The Gold Ranger laughed and threw a small device at her. Dimitria felt shockwaves of energy hit her from the device. It felt as if she were being ripped apart on a molecular level, which was actually close to what actually had been occurring to her.

She turned slowly, hands outstretched to Ivicar. "...help..." She hardly had the strength to make this declaration. As Ivicar dove to grab her hand, she disappeared.

He turned to The Gold Ranger as Triforian troops encircled them.

The Gold Ranger looked at the troops and sent out an order: "Capture him: dead or alive." Extending an arm into the air, The Gold Ranger then teleported away in a gold light.

Ivicar had a look of disgust on his face. As he got ready to fight for his freedom, he noticed something: Estro sneaking behind the troops into the ship. As he boarded, he saw the ship's blasters activate.

Ivicar relaxed and shook his head. "Oh, if you boys knew what was coming next, you'd be running." He then ducked as the blasters started firing.
. . .

Michael punched the monster about to chomp on Zordon’s arm in the face. He was standing with Zordon, back to back, with a group of Vile’s henchmen circling around them.

"Ready for a final dance?" Michael asked Zordon. Wiping tufts of blue hair off his brow, Zordon nodded.

"Power up mode!" And with that, a ball of light appeared and wiped away the foes. Orion, in his enhanced armor, emerged from the ball of Grid energy.

"Rahp has his hands full with a group of twenty Blue Globbor on the other side of this city. I figured I'd come over and relieve you of your party guests so you could come over and help. Lightning Cruiser and Storm Blaster can only replace you two up to a point." Orion said, laughing as if the situation wasn't dire.

It worked: the Masters laughed and started walking to the other battle, trying to recover as they did.

"What I wouldn't do to be Dimitria right now, handling paperwork and bureaucrats in Triforia. Why do we get the hard stuff?" Michael joked.

Zordon smirked, thinking how his life had gotten so difficult in such a short amount of time. Looking at the remnants of the battle they had just endured, he turned to Orion. "So, who is the general right now? I figure Vile has yet to show, or I would've heard by now. So, is it Rito? I hope it's Novact. I have a score to settle with him..."

"You and me both, kid." Orion said, feeling the scar on his stomach where Novact had gutted him a few weeks earlier. "You know what? I haven't seen any general..."

The three stopped in their tracks. Michael turned away in frustration, all of them realizing what had happened.

"We're the ones being duped, aren't we?" Zordon said, leaning against an abandoned building, slinking down to a sitting position.

"Looks that way..." Orion said as they all forgot Rahp and his men.

Michael got off his wrist tech, shaking his head in disbelief and a look that said "of course" written on his face. "I see no evidence of any other activity in the area." He yelled and punched a wall.

"Well, if they're not here, then where are they?" Zordon wondered aloud.
. . .

"Novact, Rito. Are you ready?" Vile said, delight dancing in his voice.

Rito sniffed his armpits, then nodded. "You better believe it!"

Novact stared at Rito like the idiot he was, then turned to Vile. "Everyone is in position except Woe: Kegler's men haven't finished her vessel yet."

"Then we go without her! It's not as if she has been helpful as of late, anyway." Turning to Rito, he continued. "Your sister should be able to handle Woe's assignment as well as her own." Vile said in a moment of clarity that shocked and impressed the now ever skeptical Novact.

He looked out of the window of the Skull Ship at the palace on Earth's moon.

"We've done it, boys! The Zeo Crystal will finally be ours!"

Last edited by ShinySephiroth; May 2nd, 2014 at 07:33 PM. Reason: I didn't realize I named a character General Mills *facepalm*
Old May 2nd, 2014, 05:57 PM #68
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Excellent!
Old May 4th, 2014, 01:59 PM #69
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Thanks for the encouragement! It means a lot.

I am very excited for the upcoming chapter, btw. I hope you guys enjoy it as well!
Old May 5th, 2014, 06:47 PM #70
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Chapter Eighteen: The Palace on the Moon

General Miller walked onto the moon's surface. She was glad to know the atmosphere around this satellite did not contain anything poisonous. It was one less thing she needed to worry about.

"General?" She heard someone say behind her. She turned to see her right hand man, Captain Louse, standing behind her. His uniform shirt was untucked.

“Tuck in your shirt, Captain. You are supposed to be an example around here.” She said habitually. Although he never listened to her, she felt obligated to at least mention the procedure to him. After stone facing each other, they both laughed.

“So, Luka, my unit has just finished setting up the equipment from Edenoi in the palace itself. We have different dimensions now set up: some for training, and some for imprisonment.” Louse said.

She smiled. “Thanks for getting that set up, Marv. My unit has just finished placing The Zeo Crystal in the labyrinth we carved out.” General Miller was very well known and trusted in The Alliance. The Morphing Masters informed her of The Zeo Crystal and their plans to secure it from enemy hands. Over the past few weeks, she and her unit had been working alongside Masters Gosei, Kamen, and Dulcea in carving out a labyrinth under the palace which once housed The Venerated Ones long ago. All the while, Dulcea had been using some sort of ancient magic around the maze, coating it with magic.

Dulcea had explained the magic to her, after an incident with Captain Louse that greatly amused her: the magic used the impurities inside of a person in the maze against them, turning into delusions. If the person had enough impurities, the delusion would be some sort of manifestation from the person’s past; if there was not enough impurity in the person’s past, then the manifestation would simply be something random. Captain Louse had inadvertently walked into the caves while Dulcea was finishing the spell’s implementation. His screams could be heard ringing through the walls of the cave. Dulcea told everyone they could not enter, because they would only increase the spell of the delusion. Through telepathy, Dulcea was able to instruct Louse on how to navigate back to the cave’s entrance, to avoid the delusion. Luckily for Luka, Louse had left his camera hooked up to the ship, so she was not only able to watch the “battle”, but also record it onto the ship’s mainframe. What made everything so humorous to Luka was who the delusion was of: a giant human baby. He tried to defend himself later by trying to convince everyone how creepy babies looked. Ever since, Luka couldn’t help but smile when she thought of the incident.

As Louse explained to Luka what was going on, she started staring over his shoulder. She then widened her eyes in horror and started pointing. He looked at her, concerned. “What is it, Luka!?”

She shouted, “A GIANT BABY!!!”

Marvin Louse’s face dropped to the ground as he ducked. He pulled out a blaster and turned around, only to see a sand dune. When he turned again to face Luka, she was laughing hysterically, now pointing at him instead of the sand dune.

“Come on, Luka! Don’t be like that!” He said angrily, giving her a shove.
As they laughed, Luka looked back over his shoulder, going through the same process of pointing she did before.

“No, no. I’m not falling for it again!” Louse said.

She shook her head. “No... this time I’m serious. It’s Vile.” Luka grabbed him by the shoulders and spun the captain around.

He groaned. “Ah, man. I was going to have my lunch...”

She patted him on the shoulder, smiling as the ships flew overhead and dozens upon dozens of Tenga Warriors descended on the small planet. “Well, then... let’s get this done quickly, shall we?”

He smiled. “Okay, fine. But let’s make it showy!”

. . .

Gosei walked in to the main room in the palace. He found Kamen and Dulcea going over maps of the area, trying to make sure all possible fortifications had been dealt with.

“Guys, we have a problem.”

“What is it, Gosei?” Dulcea asked.

“Master Vile is here, and he has a massive army. General Miller and Captain Louse are currently fighting them off.” Gosei replied.

“Impossible!” Kamen shouted as he pounded his fist into the table. “There is absolutely no way they could’ve found out where we were! They should be at The Deserted Planet with Orion right now!”

Dulcea looked down. It must be the same person who is framing Tria... She thought. She was one of the few members of The Morphing Masters who believe Tria had not planned several attacks on the group. She believed there was an insider in The Alliance, feeding their enemies secrets and even posing as The Gold Ranger. She had no proof, though, and hadn’t mentioned anything.

Suddenly, Master Delphine staggered into the room, blood on her face. “...Water... I need... water...”

“Delphine! What are you doing here!?” Gosei yelled as he pulled her into the room to drink from their containers.

“We... tracked down Lord Zedd... he is here... We believe he has been following Master Vile. We only saw Vile, unfortunately, after it was too late: they had already begun their attack here. Sentinel and Margaret are outside, battling with The Alliance troops. I’m afraid they’ll be here soon...” Delphine explained.

Kamen and Dulcea exchanged worried glances. Dulcea nodded to The Masters in the room and ran toward the patio branching off the room they were in. She looked down to see Tengas flooding the moon floor. She jumped down in the middle of the fray.

“Commander 17! Commander 17! Can you hear me!?” She heard a medic say as she pulled an injured soldier to the side.

Dulcea ran to them to help fend off attackers. She looked at the girl’s name tag and read her name. “Priscilla, will you be ok?” She asked.

The medic nodded, looking around cautiously. “I think so. I should be able to care for his wounds in this enclave.”

Dulcea, angry, pulled herself out of the ditch and faced a squadron of Tengas. She produced her lance, separating it into two batons. She knew Tengas had heightened hearing, so she decided to take advantage of it. She began to spin the batons. The whistling sound it made was originally meant to inform Alliance troops in older days that enemies were approaching, but in this instance, it was a weapon.

“AHHH!!! It’s like nails on a chalkboard!” One Tenga yelled. They abruptly turned away and took flight.

Not today! Dulcea yelled as she chased after them.

. . .

“Project White Genesis is a success!” Vile said, staring down at the moon from his Skull Ship. Flames could be seen dancing on its surface.

Novact nodded, mesmerized by the chaos he had helped create down below. He turned to Vile. “I have news: the being Count Dregon informed us of, Zedd... he is here. Apparently he feeds on planets and such. I fear he is wanting to feed off The Zeo Crystal.”

“Ah, him. Good! He can be a distraction! Where is he now?”

“He is currently fighting Sentinel Knight.”

Vile laughed. “Oh, this is too perfect! The final part of the plan will be initiated soon!”

Novact raised his eyebrows. “You mean... your daughter?”

Vile nodded. “Yes! Tell Rita her time is at hand! Tell her to strike down Sentinel Knight!”

. . .

Lord Zedd stared at the two warriors before him. He had never felt such power. Both of them were amazing fighters, and they made Dregon look like an ant in comparison. Zedd had recently fed, though, and was a better opponent. Fearing for his life, though, he was much more cautious in his approach. He knew one haphazard attack would mean the end of his existence.

Commander Zedd looked at the man who he once called his leader. He feared the worst for him. Alongside Sentinel Knight was a girl he did not know. He figured she must be a new Master. So much has changed since I left... He thought.

<Give up! You can’t beat them! You’re outnumbered!> Zedd yelled at The Dark Lord. He was ignored, as he usually was.

“I advise you to stand down, Zedd. This can only end badly for you.” Sentinel Knight warned.

Zedd lifted his hand to his face, his digits dancing as he spoke. “I advise you to not stand in my way!” He pointed his staff and shot a beam of energy at The Master.

Sentinel Knight easily dodged the shot. He could feel the kind of power it had, though. What are you? He thought.

Magical Focus: Ultra Waves!” Margaret yelled. Rings of energy pulsed out of her and shot themselves at Zedd.

Zedd leaped over a sand dune and landed rather close to where the Tengas were fighting The Alliance. For the first time, he laid eyes upon the palace on the moon.

“Ahh... how nice. You made a palace for me!” He raised his arms in the air as if he had just won a victory. Sensing something approaching, he ducked and rolled. As he did, Sentinel landed where Zedd had been standing.

Sentinel shot a blast of energy at Lord Zedd. To counter, Zedd shot a blast of his own from his staff. The two beams of energy met halfway between the two fighters. It looked as if the energy beams were playing an odd game of tug of war. The blasts kept pushing each other back, trying to approach their intended targets.

Sentinel looked up and saw Margaret gracefully land atop a dune. Good, he thought. The tides are always in favor of those fighting for justice!

Magical Focus: Ray Bomb!” She yelled. She stared down and focused on her target.

The power of her blue magic descended down the dune, rippling and bringing up sand as it did. The blast hit its target with a ferocious explosion.

“AHHH!!!” Sentinel Knight yelled, caught off guard. As the blast hit him, Zedd’s blast also connected. Sentinel Knight went spiraling into a sand wall. He stood back up momentarily, only to fall back down. He looked up and saw Margaret slowly walk toward him.

She bent over and patted him on the head. “There, there. Just go to sleep. Oh, but before you do... hand over The Corona Aurora!” She yelled as blood dripped from her nose from the extensive use of blue magic.

“Hey, you!” Zedd yelled as he landed behind her.

She turned to face the man. She smirked in amusement. “Ah, yes: The old man Dregon pitied.”

Zedd’s face turned red. “Wha...!? How dare you!? Who dares speak to Lord Zedd in such a manner!?”

Margaret bowed before him in a mocking way. “These fools know me as Margaret, but you can call me by my preferred name: Rita Repulsa!”

Last edited by ShinySephiroth; May 5th, 2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old May 5th, 2014, 07:22 PM #71
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Whoah. Rita is Margaret!? Now there's a twist. And Project White Genesis? I'm touched.
Old May 5th, 2014, 08:54 PM #72
> Ayame Ubi
Power Ranger

Ayame Ubi
Power Ranger

Really loving where this is going, can't wait for more, please update soon.
Ayame Ubi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 12:37 PM #73
> commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

Wow…I did not see that coming. Rita as an infiltrator in the Morphing Masters! I guess you had hinted at it though, I do remember you making a specific mention of Margaret's long silver hair. Perhaps Burai's feelings for Margaret will somehow lead into the Green Ranger's attachment to Rita Repulsa. Hmm…who knows...

I felt honoured to be made a brave soldier in the armed forces of the United Alliance. So grateful to be included in your storyline along with White Genesis.

The story keeps developing in unexpected ways, yet they all make sense. It was good to see the original run-in between Zedd and Dregon, now we know why Zedd hated all those years later. The character development you have done with all the members of the Morphing Masters and the complexity of their relationships with each other gives the story a lot of depth and 'drama' often missing from some fan fictions. And reading the chapters I'm reminded of how vast the Power Rangers universe really is, so many characters, planets, and powers…supplementing that with Masked Rider and Super Sentai elements just makes it that much better. Oh, and your random photo links to oddball ebay ads and such also bring a little lightness and some smiles every now and then.

I'm wondering about the source of powers among the villains, like Vile and Dregon. Where do they get their magic? Is it some perverted 'dark side' of the morphing grid? Or something else?

Keep the chapters coming.
commander17 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:39 PM #74
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

I'm glad the two of you liked the cameos. Thank you for your support! I know there are others who are reading, too, so I thank all of you for the support. I am so happy this take on PR has followers!

Nice to meet you Ayame. I am glad you find the story fun! I am having a blast writing it.

I am very happy the Rita twist went well! I always wondered where her headaches came from! Haha

Thank you for the compliments on the character development. It actually was daunting when I finally decided to write the fanfic, looking at 20+ years of material I decided I wanted to be loyal to. I spent 3 or 4 weeks making the rough draft for the Origins Trilogy, and while I have been writing out these chapters I have been working on the other drafts that follow Origins. I am excited to get to that point!

I am glad Luka and Marv are being welcomed. I have plans for them!

I'm not planning on going super in depth on a lot of the villain's power sources: there are some who tap The Magic Realm, and others who tap The Morphing Grid. I do have stories related to certain villains, when their source plays a key role in the plot... I will do some editing in future chapters to make sure their source is a little clearer.

Burai sure is a fun character...
Old May 6th, 2014, 02:11 PM #75
> AM Dragon
The American Dragon

eBay
AM Dragon
The American Dragon

eBay

Just read all of this over last 2-3 days. Really liking it so far. I had Rita pegged as the other Gold Ranger but the Margeret twist was really good. Looking forward to seeing more.
AM Dragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM #76
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Awesome! A few questions:
1. Where is Ninjor?
2. I know you probably can't answer because it involves spoilers but Ivicar wouldn't happen to be the future Ivan Ooze, would he?
3. Just a tiny nitpick but why isn't Master Magnus' morphing call "Magna power?" That's what Mike used in Lost Galaxy. I'm not asking for a change but I'm curious,
Old May 6th, 2014, 04:48 PM #77
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

FYI: I am currently hashing out the final two scenes of Chapter nineteen.

AM Dragon: Thank you so much for your support! I hope the story continues to be enjoyable for you!

White Genesis:
1) He is currently in the temple on Earth. He will play a bigger role later.
2) Sorry: Can't reveal anything about the ooze man yet! Keep your eyes open, though.
3) Magnus isn't morphing. Orion is one of the people who is able to manifest armor on themselves from The Grid: most others cannot. The Defender suit is a mechanical suit created by Zordon and is not attached to The Grid: it's just high tech armor. The only two operating Defender suits right now is Magnus' prototype and Animus' Animal Defender armor. Magnus doesn't morph, but Mike does when he obtains a morpher from Magnus.

As a side note: I got the score I needed to progress in my program from my Anatomy class! I didn't think I would've done well enough on my final! So happy right now.
Old May 6th, 2014, 05:34 PM #78
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Thanks and congrats on your score.
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:14 AM #79
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Chapter Nineteen: Inner Beauty Exposed

Lord Zedd looked at the silver haired woman defiantly. How dare she mock my greatness!? He wondered in sincere confusion.

The man whose body The Dark Lord now inhabited, the real Zedd, who once was a commander in The Alliance, laughed. <Maybe she doesn't find you attractive. Don't worry: you'll find your dream ghoul someday!>

The valiant man, a prisoner in his own body, had found a way to keep himself sane: if he constantly mocked his parasite, he would be able to feel as if he were winning something. Although The Dark Lord consistently ignored him, the comments were starting to get on his nerves. Commander Zedd knew this, which gave him some solace in such an awful situation.

Rita, a mole inside the highest ranks of The Alliance, looked again upon Sentinel Knight. She bent over and patted the being on the head again, mockingly. "You were right to stay cooped up all these years. The Corona Aurora is still highly sought after. It's okay... my father will give it a good home!" She cackled as she turned to face Zedd again. He had preoccupied himself with a small feeding from the moon's almost nonexistent lifestream.

"Hey, old guy!" Rita said, losing the composure she had for so long as a member of The Alliance.

Zedd lifted up his staff at the witch. "You have the small armored man. I am here for something else. Now leave me be." Zedd could feel an energy source nearby, and knew it would be protected. He needed to feed a bit longer to be ready to fight for it.

Rita flashed a smile. "You're here for The Zeo Crystal! Come with me and we can get it together!"

The name rang through their shared mind. Commander Zedd quickly blocked all he knew about it to The Dark Lord. So this is where they decided to hide it. Interesting... Commander Zedd thought to himself. He found it curious that it was that artifact that brought him to Earth's moon. His prized discovery. The object he thought that would make him a renowned archeologist. He wondered if the fates were playing a cruel joke on him.

Commander Zedd watched in wonder when The Dark Lord was able to recall information about The Zeo Crystal. First Edenoi, now The Zeo Crystal... How does he have such information!? Zedd wondered to himself.

The images that flashed were static-like. Both Zedd and The Dark Lord were only able to make out small bits of the information The Dark Lord had on The Zeo Crystal: a cave under the moon's palace; a monstrous red being, whose characteristics couldn't be made out in the shadows. He sat on a throne in the palace; Rita bowing before him, kissing his feet. An ape-like creature stood next to her in gold armor; a fighter in white grabbing the crystal. It was blurry and his details could not be discerned; the final image was of five warriors, wearing colored outfits. They each had symbols on what could only be helmets- the one in pink had an oval; the yellow one’s helmet had two longer, thinner, horizontal ovals; the one in blue had a triangle; the green one had a rectangle; the final scene in his "memory" was of the blurry man in white suddenly becoming the red warrior, a five point star being his symbol.

The Dark Lord looked around. He realized, somehow, that all around him would be his. He also knew there was one thing that would stand in his way: The White Warrior. Zedd knew he had to get The Zeo Crystal before the anonymous warrior did. He then looked at Rita, the woman he had seen bowing before him in his mind. He laughed and pointed his staff at her.

"I work alone." He focused his energy into his staff and blasted the silver haired witch. Laughing, he turned around and headed toward the palace.
. . .

Dulcea fought through crowds of goat-men and Tenga Warriors. Her stamina was at its peak. She felt as if she had never been stronger: she had recently used powers she hadn't tapped in quite some time. These were the powers of her ancestors, The Nathadians. With their power coursing through her, she was a force to be reckoned with.

She jumped into the air, planted one foot on the side of the palace's outer wall, and propelled herself into a mass of villains. She swung her staff, beating many enemies in one fell swoop.

"Now that's showy!" Captain Louse remarked, stopping mid-battle to admire Dulcea's abilities. He used his sword to pin his opponent to a wall as he exerted pressure on the foe. Annoyed, the goat hybrid grunted as a complaint. Louse put his index finger to his lips, signifying he didn't want to hear from his opponent.

Curious, Luka walked through the battlefield, shooting and kicking opponents out of her way nonchalantly. She walked up to Louse, considered the monster he had pinned to the wall, and punched it, knocking it out cold. She looked and Dulcea and nodded. "You're right. She is good! I guess that's why we aren't Masters!"

Marvin Louse winked at his friend. "Not yet, anyway!" And with that, they began again fighting the hordes around them.

Worried about the other Masters, Dulcea started back toward the palace. As she did, she felt something powerful hit her in the back. Unconscious, she took a hard fall to the ground beneath her, sand and rocks cutting into her skin.

Lord Zedd looked at the fallen warrior and smiled. "Another one down... This is like swatting flies!" He proclaimed as he entered the palace from its entrance at its base level.

As he did, one of the medics, Priscilla, saw the warrior who had fallen on the ground. Monsters were making their way toward her. It's my turn to help you... She thought. She ran into the circle closing in on Dulcea, ready to fight.
. . .

Lord Zedd looked around as he found his way through the palace's basement. Suddenly, he was at the entrance of The Caves of Deception. Before he took his first step in, he spun around as he heard footsteps behind him.

Novact stood in front of him, blaster aimed and ready. "My boss is very upset with you. You see, that young lady you tried to destroy, Rita... well, that was his daughter..."

Commander Zedd beheld the scene in amazement: the man who he pitied and let onto his research team not too long ago had become one of the generals of one of the most evil empires in the universe. He was staring at him from his possessed body, as his parasite argued with the traitor for the artifact which he had discovered in the first place. Zedd knew not whether to laugh or curse his luck. The situation was far too surreal to make sense to him.

"This is why people should work alone: no attachments, no weaknesses." Lord Zedd retorted simply.

The words struck a cord deep in Novact's mind. It was a simple thought, but it made a lot of sense to him. He nodded.

"Though you may be right, nonetheless, you are in my way. I need to get to The Zeo Crystal."

Zedd looked at this man. Is he The White Warrior? Deciding not to chance it, Lord Zedd attacked Novact.

The magic Novact was given by Master Vile amplified his natural abilities to tap The Morphing Grid. He felt uninhibited in battle, and this was no different. He drew his blade and held a blaster in the opposite hand. His sword clinked on Zedd's staff.

Zedd was surprised at the man's abilities. Novact had so much pent up rage in him, when he focused on it, he became a beast in battle.

Responding to the alarms going off from the intruders, Masters Gosei and Kamen made their way to the cave's entrance. They stopped as they watched the two former archeologists battle it out, with powers rivaling the best among the ranks of The Morphing Masters.

Gosei's eyes became white as he focused on his connection to The Morphing Grid. Chunks of rock were ripped from the ground as he focused. He sent several toward the battle.

Sensing the attack from the third party, Zedd locked arms with Novact. Novact took the opportunity and stabbed Zedd in the ribs. Both inhabitants of the vessel mentally cringed in pain. The Dark Lord activated many inhibitory neurons in Zedd's body to stop feeling the pain. As he did, he also swung Novact in the direction of The Morphing Masters. Novact collided with Gosei's attack. Taking advantage of the situation, Lord Zedd quickly sprinted into the cave.

Jumping over Novact, Gosei and Kamen took pursuit.

Master Vile, Rito, and Rita entered the same area. Looking down at Novact, Vile ordered Rito to take Novact back to The Skull Ship. They, too, then entered the caves.

As Zedd made his way, he felt a curious magic course through the walls. He felt it penetrate him and search his mind. Commander Zedd suddenly saw images of his worst fears: being stuck as "Lord" Zedd indefinitely; destroying everyone in The Alliance; seeing The Dark Lord obtain The Zeo Crystal. Unaffected by the powerful magic, The Dark Lord directed Zedd's body deeper into the labyrinth. Zedd noticed The Dark Lord's immunity to the magic, and repeated his thoughts from earlier: What are you?

Gosei and Kamen approached every corner cautiously. They feared behind one of them would be a villain, ready to attack. Although they had some confidence in Dulcea's magic, it was only some.

Kamen looked down on his arm. He, Gosei, and Dulcea had been branded with a symbol. Dulcea said the symbols would cause them to be impervious to the magic of the caves. I hope you're right... Kamen thought as he continued navigating.

Master Vile and Rita weren't faring as well as the others. Vile had so much impurity in him that his vision was simple: himself. His ego and evil were so large, the only thing he feared was himself. He began battling himself, being afraid that this time, he would not come out the victor.

Rita backed away, not knowing which Vile to attack. She decided to go ahead, to not lose their chance at The Zeo Crystal. As she turned the corner, she found two humans standing with their backs turned to her.

She got into a magic casting stance. "You had better move if you know what's good for you!" She warned.

They turned, looking at her. They smiled at her. It was a man and a woman. The woman reached out her hand. "Come with me. I will cleanse you."

Her head started throbbing. She fell to her knees. Suddenly, she saw a series of images: a little girl playing by a stream; people running and screaming; the woman and man who were currently before her, running to grab the girl; a shadow descending upon the girl; the girl screaming.

And with that, the pain faded. She looked up to see the two melting, covered in green and black flames. She turned to see her father standing behind her, a look of pride on his face. "There is but one Master Vile! No cheap parlor trick can mimic me! Let us go now, Rita. Destiny awaits!"

Zedd found himself at the end of the cave, staring at The Zeo Crystal. Suddenly, the helmet of The Red Star Warrior floated back to the front of his mind.

"Zeo..." He grunted. He reached toward the artifact. Commander Zedd watched, knowing his fears were becoming a reality.

"Stop!" Kamen yelled.

Zedd turned to face the two Masters. "Or what?"

Kamen shook his head. "It is a warning. You have no idea what kind of enchantment the crystal is under. Trust me... you don't want to do this!"

Zedd laughed. "Has that line actually ever worked for you, dear? Haha! THIS IS THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA! WITNESS THE BIRTH OF PURE EVIL!" Zedd cried out in glee.

As Kamen predicted, the enchantment Sentinel Knight had recently put over the crystal took effect: it read The Dark Lord's intent for The Zeo Crystal and began attacking him. Meanwhile, a second occurrence was ongoing that no one else saw: The Zeo Crystal read Commander Zedd's good heart, and embedded the body the two beings shared with a portion of Zeo power.

Unfortunately for both of them, the second side effect could not negate, or even numb, the spell's first consequence, targeted at The Dark Lord's evil ambitions. Zedd fell to the floor, howling in pain. Gosei and Kamen backed away in horror.

They couldn't help but watch the power before them, though: Zedd's skin tore at its cleavage lines. Kamen noted Lord Zedd had no blood: green light flowed out when his skin tore, returning to the environment around them from which it came.

Commander Zedd screamed in pain in his own mind. The stress was unbearable. The Dark Lord desperately attempted activating inhibitory neurons but to no avail.

After the skin lay on the ground, like a snake’s leftover shedding, Zedd's muscles regressed into their respective body cavities. This continued until Zedd's bones were on the outside of his body. He had an exoskeleton.

The portion of The Zeo Crystal that corresponded to the silver wavelength of The Morphing Grid was the portion allotted to Commander Zedd. It was just as powerful as the gold portion Tria took for herself. This portion of Morphing Energy activated in Zedd's body. The exoskeleton turned into a silver armor. His skull melted away into a grill, and what had been his septum floated upward, turning into a small "Z", as a symbol of his power.

The transformation was complete. Exhausted from the energy transfer, as well as the destruction of their body, Lord Zedd lay unconscious on the floor of The Caves of Deception.
Old May 7th, 2014, 01:53 PM #80
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Excellent!