Home Menu

Menu

Old April 9th, 2014, 10:00 PM #21
> commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

An absolutely excellent story. This is the background I always wanted to read. Looking forward to further development.
commander17 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 08:02 AM #22
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Thank you guys very much! I am glad you are enjoying it. So far the story is coming out as I planned with only subtle differences (which were made for the best). I also have chapter seven done, so that will be posted as soon as I can type them out from my notebook. That's as far as I have translated from my story map.I am very excited for chapter 8.

I hope you guys stick with me for the long haul. I have a lot planned for this project! Let me know also if things are too whacky with the actual PRU timeline.
ShinySephiroth is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 10:27 AM #23
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Hope to see some early Rangers soon.
White Genesis is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:19 AM #24
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

White Genesis wrote: View Post

Hope to see some early Rangers soon.
Hmm... let's see what the tides have in store for the early PRU...
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:57 AM #25
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Chapter Seven: The Added Threat

Sentinel Knight looked at the masters. He knew each of them at that moment was apprehensive to know the Zeo Crystal’s fate. He was as well. He knew, though, that there were other matters that needed their attention.

“Magnas, you now have the floor.” Sentinel took his seat and watched the big warrior approach the holographic monitor at the podium. Magnas turned to face the masters.

“Recently, a cargo ship disappeared near Mirinoi. Upon further investigation, the source was found near the entryway to The Lost Galaxy. It is some sort of... entity. Here is the transmission we received yesterday...” He turned to the podium as a hologram began playing.

The hologram showed an Alliance War Star ship’s command deck. The captain was standing, facing a monitor showing the space surrounding the ship. The captain turned and motioned for whoever was holding the camera to point it at the large, flat monitor.

The image was of a giant mass. It resembled a cloud. Suddenly, large tendrils of smoke appeared from the cloud, stretching out toward the ship. There was no sound from the recording: just the image of the crew fleeing their seats as the tendrils hit the ship. At that point, the hull was observed to break, and the crew started floating into space. As they did, more tendrils appeared and dragged each person into the large, smoky mass. These scenes could be interpreted from the camera, which was rolling in space after its holder was taken by the entity. The images ended when a tentacle of smoke grabbed the camera, pulling it into it dark core.

Magnas turned back to the council. “Amidst Vile’s attempts at the Zeo Crystal, this new threat has appeared. Its origins are unknown. It is unknown whether it is sentient. What I do know is it must be stopped. It is slowly inching toward Kouevn, and also Mirinoi. Both civilizations do not have the means to fight off something like this... Our astronomers say it is merely a matter of time before it reaches either planet.” He clenched his fist and raised it up.

“It must be stopped.” He continued in his grainy voice. “I sacrificed and fought to ensure my people had a planet to colonize. I plan on cultivating my new world. I plan on having a family. I do not ask for us to spread The Alliance thin: I ask only for one of you to offer your resources. Please.”

Kamen looked around, then stood. “Ever since Dregon rebelled when Lexian did not choose him to be prince of Edenoi, my people have needed to worry about their safety. Without Alliance support, I truly believe Edenoi would have succumb to Dregon. I know the importance of Alliance support. Magnas, my military is at your disposal.”

Magnas, looking grateful, closed his eyes and bowed his head toward Kamen. “Thank you very much. I ask that you and some of your troops meet me as soon as the Zeo Crystal has been secured.” Magnas thanked the council for their time before returning to his seat, his crimson robe billowing behind him as he did. Sentinel Knight stood to continue the meeting.

. . .
Storm Blaster: stop.” Tria commanded the vehicle when she thought they were sufficiently far from the battleground. She turned to look at Filcar. He was still out cold.

She felt odd, speaking to a machine. The technology Zordon created for this contraption to behave as it did astounded Tria. When she was an Academy cadet, and even as a member of The Top, her focus was history. She never felt like she had the mind of a scientist, though she did read many articles.

At this particular moment, Tria recalled one of her favorite moments of history: The Morphing Masters had been fighting to protect the jewels of the Corona Aurora. During a particular battle, one master stayed behind to be the crown’s defender. He figured he could sacrifice himself to cast a protective barrier around the jewels, using his own life force. How the story ends, however, is another member, Sentinel Knight, returning to defend the master. The two were able to escape the enemy hoards together with the Corona Aurora. Sentinel Knight had been its keeper since that point, having earned the confidence of the other Morphing Masters. The story was commonly told to children as an illustration of loyalty.

Tira looked into the sky and saw a fleet of Vile’s ships leaving Solaris 8 and entering the atmosphere of the moon on which they found themselves. Tria thought on Sentinel Knight’s example. She thought of her comrades. She thought of Zordon, who was thrust into this mission, and if he fell here, of all of the inventions the universe would lose. She thought about Zedd, and how unfair it was that his findings turned him into a soldier. She thought about how they did not deserve to fall here.

She deliberated within herself.

“We must go back. We must stand by our comrades.” Tria of Courage announced.

“We need to secure the Zeo Crystal. Nothing must happen to the fragment of The Morphing Grid.” Tria of Wisdom said.

“Our friends need us.” Tria of Heart counseled.

Coming together in her mind, Tria realized she needed to compromise. But what am I to do? I don’t have the power to stop anything! All I have is my weapon... She summoned her staff. It was given to her by the king of Triforia. It was to be a symbol that she was picked by royalty to defend Triforia. The staff had a universal symbol on the top which signified “king”, representing the king of Triforia’s stamp of approval. She never showed it to anyone, keeping it sacred to herself. She had never even used it in battle.

She sighed in frustration as she saw the fleet drawing closer to Orion and the others. She didn’t have the power to fight them back.

Or do I? She looked at the Zeo Crystal. Her mind was directed by Tria of Wisdom back to the events during The M51 Galaxy. Of the division within the scientific divisions of The Alliance about whether or not The Morphing Grid should be tapped to create weapons. As a Morphing Master, she knew how to manipulate The Grid for her purposes, but even that could only get her so far against forces which were able to defeat all of The Masters together, destroy one, and simultaneously defeat the entire Alliance military.

She then recalled Zordon’s presentation from a day earlier. His words about using totems to power soldiers. What better totem than an actual piece of The Morphing Grid itself? It seemed to her that all three of the beings which comprised her conscious self were saying, “Yes... this is the way...”

She walked toward the back of Storm Blaster. As she did, she checked to ensure Filcar was still unconscious. She felt bad needing to do this all in secret. This wasn’t normally in her nature. Tough times call for tough decisions. Tria thought. She pulled the crystal out of the trunk. She felt it glowing at her. She raised her staff and, lifting it in the air, propelled it down. A spark of energy shot out as a substantial chunk separated itself from its source.

It was glowing a black and gold hue. Totems... She said, thinking back on Zordon’s words. She began to concentrate, feeling her connection to The Grid power up her body. She willed the power to concentrate into her arms. She followed this by sending the currents of morphing energy into the staff. She then touched the staff to the Zeo Subcrystal.

The staff had become a conduit for the subcrystal. She looked down to the ground to see the subcrystal had disappeared. She looked at her staff. Its glow was like a flare of golden sunlight. The glow was so strong that at certain angles, she could make out circular rainbows. She averted her gaze until the shine subsided.

She gripped the staff tightly and concentrated on it. As she did, she felt the energy from the staff fill her body. She focused on the energy until she had completed the process. She had junctioned herself to the staff, which was now the source of the Zeo Subcrytsal. Once the junction was complete, she staggered, leaning on Storm Blaster for support. She felt her limbs aching. Her head throbbed. She felt as if she were underwater for a moment.

“Vwomp-vwomp! Vwomp!” Storm Blaster cried out in panic.

Tria composed herself. Perhaps I took a piece which was too large? She shook off the thought, for she didn’t have time to dwell on it. What’s done is done.

After catching her breath, she turned to Storm Blaster and placed the remaining chunk of the Zeo Crystal in its trunk. She then walked to the vehicle’s front to give it instructions.

“I need you to drive to the next moon and wait there. When you receive a transmission with my voice, you come back to this spot. Understood?” Tria looked at the machine, awaiting a response.

“Vwomp-vwomp.” Storm Blaster’s blinkers flickered on and off as it responded.

“Keep the soldier and the crystal safe. Now, here is the frequency I will contact you on.” She reached into Storm Blaster and pushed some buttons on his dashboard. She tuned the vehicle’s frequency to match that of the private frequency on her wrist tech.

She patted the machine’s hood and waved it off, smiling at it as it pulled around her. She then turned and started walking away. She hear the machine fly away behind her as she slowly approached the battlefield, ready to embrace her destiny.

Last edited by ShinySephiroth; April 10th, 2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old April 10th, 2014, 02:12 PM #26
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Quick plot hole as Dregon was Lexian's son in cannon,,,unless these are ancestors with the same names?
Old April 10th, 2014, 04:17 PM #27
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Wow. Totally messed that up! I only saw he was Dex's uncle. Thank you so much for pointing that out! Fixed!
Also: chapter 8 is finished. It will be up sometime in the next 20 hours. ^_^

Thanks again, White Genesis! I appreciate your help and also all of your support so far!
Old April 10th, 2014, 04:31 PM #28
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

No problem,
Old April 10th, 2014, 04:54 PM #29
> TheFightingSpirit
Power Ranger

TheFightingSpirit
Power Ranger

Seph, you continue to impress me with this dude.

You're not really messing up on much after all. Besides I could just ignore the fact it's suppose to fit in with canon, because the story is pretty awesome on its own.
TheFightingSpirit is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 11:25 AM #30
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Why, thank you very much! It's been really fun. The only hard part is writing it in my notebook, then spending the time to type it out. V_V I wish I had the ability to type it without writing first, but I don't have access to a computer for most of the day.

Alright. I am just adding the pictures to chapter eight. It should be up very soon.
Old April 11th, 2014, 12:43 PM #31
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Power Rangers: Zeo and all other property by Toei, Saban, and Bandai belong to their respective owners. Any similarities are an homage to these products and/or shows

Chapter Eight: The Power of Gold

Zedd looked over as he saw Orion fall to Novact’s blade. Anger filled him. It was anger toward Novact himself: he chose to abandon The Alliance for personal gain. This traitor had once been considered by Zedd to be a victim of circumstance. Upon seeing the malicious look on his face, however, Zedd lost any and all pity he had once had for the man.

Novact was what many people called “a loner”. He kept to himself. Zedd first saw the man during the interview process for acceptance into his archaeological group. Novact had stuttered his way through the entire thing. Zedd had seen, however, promise in him through his written application, so out of pity he brought him onto his crew.

Biggest mistake... Zedd thought as the worm laughed at Orion’s body, lying broken on the boulder they were upon.

Zedd charged toward Novact, leaving Rahp with Lightning Cruiser. One beast charged at him. Zedd performed a somersault, having both his feet connect with the monster’s chin as he twirled backward. Both the monster and Zedd found themselves on the ground, though only one was conscious.

Another beast spied the event and ran forward, lifting up its leg to stomp Zedd. On his stomach, Zedd caught sight of the henchman through his peripheral vision. Zedd spun his legs around, hitting his opponent’s ankles. Using the momentum, he found himself back on his feet. He continued his pursuit of Novact.

Lightning Cruiser and Rahp gave Zedd cover as he ran forward. Zedd leapt onto a small rock to use the extra height it gave to jump onto Novact’s location. As he did, midair, a blast hit him in the left side of his rib cage.

Zedd fell to the Earth. Master Vile shrieked with laughter, now merely playing with his prey. He walked over and kicked Zedd’s smoldering body.

Zordon watched everything from the bottom of the pile in which he found himself. Perhaps out of spite, those atop him didn’t do anything but pin him down. Zordon screamed to Orion to stand up. Sweat and dirt hugged his face.

It can’t end like this! Zordon thought. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion for him. Then, from out of nowhere, Zordon found himself free. He sprang up to see Rahp.

“If they’re just going to lie there, they really make themselves easy targets. Now, let’s go save Master Orion!” Rahp lead the way, blasting and kicking a path for Zordon to follow. As Rahp met a wall of opposition, he screamed to Zordon, “Just go! GO!”

Zordon took a running start and flipped over the mass, landing beside The Morphing Master. Novact stared him down. Zordon shook Orion’s body.

“Are you alive!?” Zordon asked urgently. After a pause, he heard laughter.

“You always were direct with your questions...” Orion wheezed as he turned onto his back. A pool of blood lay where his body had been. Orion grabbed Zordon’s hand tightly. “Rip that kid apart...”

This knocked Novact out of his daze. He was surprised that from all the power Master Vile had given him, he was unable to place the finishing blow on Orion. Novact drew his blade. He beckoned Zordon over with his index finger.

Zordon wiped blue hair from off his sweaty brow. He heard Rahp and Lightning Cruiser behind him, fighting the horde. Zordon had subconsciously charged two orbs of power. They sat menacingly in his hands.

Suddenly, more henchman, mainly Tengas, appeared onto the scene, dropping down from the ships Master Vile had sent after him from Solaris 8. Novact snapped his fingers in mock disappointment.

“Shucks, kiddo. See ya later!” And like that, Novact was teleported aboard one of the ships.

In a rage, Zordon released his energy, blowing away a couple dozen enemies about to come upon him and Orion. This blast, unfortunately, hit Rahp and Lightning Cruiser. Rahp flew through the air and hit his head against a rock wall, falling to the ground out of consciousness. Lightning Cruiser jerked up and down, blinkers flickering on and off. Then, it stopped moving altogether.

In the midst of the chaos, Master Vile approached Zordon and Orion, howling with laughter. He was flanked by henchman on both sides. “Bravo! Dazzling performance. It is a shame it must... come to an end! I will now destroy you myself!”

Zordon continued to stand, unflinching. He wore a sneer on his face. “Bring it on, Vile.”

They rushed toward each other. As they met in the middle, Vile wrapped his arms around Zordon. After rattling him for a moment, he flung Zordon onto the side of a gravel encrusted slope. Zordon rolled down, grunting as he did. Once at the bottom, Zordon was surprised to find Orion waiting for him, his sword digging into the ground as he used it as a crutch.

Orion chuckled as he saw Zordon roll to his feet. Looking down, Orion said, “This monster’s pretty tough.” He helped Zordon to his feet.

Master Vile flew down to their location, proclaiming, “It gets worse!” As he landed, he waved his short staff and caused the ground around the two to explode, hurling chunks of earth at both of them. More Tengas flocked around Master Vile.

Zordon struggled to get up. Orion lifted himself again with his sword. Zordon looked at Orion. “We can’t let Vile win, Orion.”

Master Vile chuckled some more. “Let me win? You are letting me win? Face it, you are powerless against m-- Huh!?”

Suddenly, the Tengas to his right crumpled to the ground. Master Vile heard the wind whistling to his left and as he looked, he saw what looked like a shadow pounce on and off those to his left. He then felt the shadow land on his chest, a force more powerful than any other he had ever felt. The next thing he knew, he was on his back.

Zordon and Orion followed the shadow’s movements. Zordon lost track of it after it toppled Vile. Orion was able to follow it to the top of the trench in which they found themselves. “Look, Zordon. Up there!”

As Tria glided up to the top of the trench, she focused all her power on the connection to the staff, wishing to mask her appearance in some way. What she hadn’t realized is upon concentrating as she did, she unlocked the true potential of The Morphing Grid. Upon landing, gold lightning surrounded her. She was instantly enveloped by a black suit with gold armor. The final part of her armor was a helmet, taking upon it the insignia the king of Triforia gave her so long ago.

She stared down at the sight of her allies, while the enemy regrouped. She focused on her opponent’s. Moving into her fight stance, she found herself kiaiing.

“Wa-Watsaw!” She yelled.

“Hey! Where did he come from!?” Master Vile roared.

“Another fighter?” Orion said, turning to Zordon.

Zordon couldn’t take his eyes of the golden clad fighter. “But whose side is he on?”

She tapped herself on the chest, proclaiming, “Okay. Now it’s my turn!”

She then swan dived into the middle of the horde, flipping before she touched down. She swiftly kicked to Tengas who approached her, dodging another before landing a gut punch on a fourth. She faked a high kick, only to sweep the legs of another enemy.

She turned and got back into her fighting stance. “Who’s next?” One Tenga advanced while the others stared apprehensively. She blocked its every punch, as if her Zeo Subcrystal was enhancing her ability to read the enemy’s body language. She then grabbed its arm and sent her elbow into his gut, sending the monster to the ground.

After taking out two more grunts, Zordon turned to address Orion. “Orion, he’s incredible!”

Orion nodded, watching her. It was then that he first noticed something about the uniform: it had a skirt.

He nodded and looked at Zordon. “But why haven’t we seen her before?” Zordon’t eyes widened as he turned and noticed this himself.

Novact stared down from the window of the starship. He pounded the wall with his fist, turning to the others in the ship who had been watching from a monitor. He said, fumin, “Another fighter!? What’s going on here!?”

Madame Woe fanned herself, covering her eyes with the fan. She turned her back toward the monitor. “Oh, I just can’t bare to watch any more of this!”

Vile’s son, Rito, shrugged. “I have no idea where he came from, Novice.”

Novact pushed Rito out of his way. “Fool! The name’s Novact.”

Rito picked himself up. “What’ll we do with more fighters?”

Novact slowly turned to them. He sneered as he said in his raspy voice, “Destroy them all! Send in more troops right away!”

As more beasts flew down, Zordon and Orion were ignored as the Tengas attacked Tria. She continually beat them all into submission.

Meanwhile, Master Vile found himself with a tough battle. Zedd had awoken and battled his way to where the others were, and now he was giving Vile everything he had. Zordon saw this and ran to his aid. As Zordon approached, his eyes glowed with a white light. He fired currents of energy at Vile. Zedd used what little magic he could, but he wasn’t nearly as proficient as anyone who made it to The Top, let alone someone who could become a Morphing Master.

Master Orion watched them from behind a boulder. As he felt his energy return, he tapped into The Morphing Grid to heal himself.

Suddenly, Tria found herself outnumbered. Some of the goat-men fired on her. She rolled for cover. Almost like an instinct, she knew what to do. She stood up and stretched out her arm.

“Alright.” Focusing, she summoned her Power Staff into her hand. “It’s time for a gold rush!” Her staff, for the first time, went into battle mode. She felt it brimming with power.

Getting into a running stance, she stretched the staff out before her and bull rushed her opponents. “Wa-Watsaaaaaaw!” She yelled as she hit them, residual energy coating them. The monsters exploded behind her as she resumed her fighting stance.

“Power of Light: Activate!” Orion jumped into the fray, pulling Vile away from Zordon and Zedd. “I’ve got this demon by the horns.” He announced as he grabbed Vile’s head, causing Vile to almost take a knee.

Vile suddenly glowed with a light, teleporting away from Orion. Orion, Zordon, and Zedd prepared themselves to fight as the gold clad warrior landed in front of them. Vile yelled frantically, “I will destroy you, too!”

Grunting, Tria took the challenge and charged at him.

Zedd yelled after her, “Hey! Be careful!”

“Hiyah!” Master Tria screamed as she did another swan dive into Master Vile. She suddenly was in her Shadow Form again, constantly plowing into her foe. He fell to the ground again as she desisted.

As she landed, she groaned. That attack takes WAY too much out of me!

Zedd turned to Orion. “Master, who is this fighter?”

Orion shook his head. “I don’t know, but I’m glad she’s here.”

Vile pointed his staff at Tria. “Alright. No more fooling around!” He sent several blasts at Tria, only a few connecting. She flipped out of the explosion and landed nimbly on her feet, crouching to a knee with her own staff in tow.

Suddenly, her body was flowing with Zeo energy. Autonomously, she clicked a button on her staff, causing the ruby atop to glow. She pointed it at Master Vile and several orbs of gold blasted him. He erupted into a black flame.

Tria stared at the smoke and flames. Is it over? Did I...?

She joined the other three. They were about to speak to her as they heard laughter.

“You cannot rid yourselves of me! Until next time, Gold Warrior!” He then teleported onto his ship. It turned and began its flight back to Gamma Vile.

Orion turned to The Gold Warrior. “Thank you for your help.”

She bowed her head, placing a hand up to her shield. “I am only glad you are safe, Orion.”

“How do you know me?”

Tria turned away, thinking of how foolish she had been. She went into Shadow Mode and bounded away.

“Wait!” Zordon yelled.

“Who was she?” Zedd thought aloud.

“I don’t know,” Orion said. “But be sure The Morphing Masters will find out the mystery of The Gold Warrior.”

Last edited by ShinySephiroth; April 11th, 2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added Chapter Name
Old April 11th, 2014, 01:06 PM #32
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Excellent! An ancient gold ranger and a nod to to the mystery of the character in the Zeo arc. Will you perhaps incorperate pre-zyu rangers as well?
Old April 11th, 2014, 01:37 PM #33
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Trey's first appearance is easily my favorite ranger debut. I had a blast introducing Tria in this chapter.

I was going to wait, but it doesn't ruin the integrity of the story. There will be non-adapted rangers appearing in the PRO universe. I hope I can do them the justice they deserve!

Spoiler: Just wait until you see who Big One from JAKQ is!
Old April 11th, 2014, 01:45 PM #34
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

I have a feeling I know who it will be but I'll wait and see if I'm right. Looking forward to it!
Old April 15th, 2014, 12:59 PM #35
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Chapter Nine: The Master Born

“...And then The Gold Warrior disappeared.” Zordon ended his report. He looked over to Orion. He was still weak from the battle. Having used too much power too quickly, his body was taking the brunt of the abuse now. He was in a wheelchair, an IV attached to his arm.

Tria looked at them both. Guilt twisted her insides. She knew that although she didn’t technically break the law, its spirit was shattered. The Zeo Crystal was a fragment of The Grid, and she tapped it. But I didn’t tap The Grid directly. She justified to herselves.

Sentinel Knight stood up. “Power is a responsibility not to be taken lightly. Laws are in place to set a measure for people to know how they may live their lives, within a range that is safe. This Gold Warrior has done that which we have forbidden: she tapped The Morphing Grid. I don’t know how she did it. I did not, and do not, feel any fluctuations with The Grid, but all of her characteristics match a fighter who has tapped the morphing powers.”

King Estro raised his hand. The knight gestured for him to speak. “How do you know she did this? How do you know the characteristics of someone who has tapped the grid to don this power?”

Sentinel Knight looked down. “It was long ago when I saw someone do such a thing. It destroyed him. I cannot allow someone in our organization to do the same.”

He looked at the masters. “It is not her place to change the range of power that has been set! It is too dangerous! This... Power Ranger is a vigilante. She must be apprehended and brought before us. We cannot let her be an example of anarchy. If she can do whatever she pleases, I promise everyone here it will be the end of The United Alliance as we know it.”

Tria stood up impulsively at Sentinel’s final remark. “I believe in times of war, we should up the stakes. As I travelled back here with the Zeo Crystal, I was tempted to use it to save Orion. I am glad someone wasn’t a coward like I was, and did what was needed.”

Sentinel Knight hung his head in disappointment. “Alright. We have a vote. Is the Power Ranger a vigilante?”

Zordon stood, no longer able to contain himself. “Master Sentinel has more experience than the rest of us! He has seen, firsthand, what this power can do. I urge you, as a citizen of The Alliance, to follow what is tried and true. My apologies, Master Tria, but the lives of Orion, Zedd, Rahp, and myself were not were destroying the laws of our society. We must follow the established pattern, which has been tried and proven true.”

Master Estro nodded slowly. Ivicar wore a smile on his face, proud of who he had picked to become a Master.

Master Gerlit raised his hand. “Let the voting commence. All in favor of the... Power Ranger... say ‘aye’.”

Tria, eyes locked on Zordon, fury emanating at the non-Master in the room, raised her hand boldly. I saved your life! How dare you--!

Master Delphine stood. “This matter needs more thought. We need to meet with our respective committees and address this issue.”

Master Kamen interjected at that. “No, we can’t let this issue leave the council!”

Master Dimitria raised her hand. “Is it not already too late for that? Have not non-Masters such as Zedd and Zordon comprised the information already?” She had begun speaking in her “question mode”, like all Inquirians did, in the presence of those with whom they were unfamiliar.

Master Ivicar stood to address the group. “I believe there is precedent for a recess. Think of this amongst yourselves, do not let the information leave these council walls. All in favor?” All raised their hands to this. Tria did so reluctantly, not wanting to have people start questioning her “enthusiasm” over the subject perhaps being connected to her involvement.

“But...” Ivicar continued. “We do have the matter of keeping our information ‘in-house’. Zedd we know has proven time and again. As for Zordon... I say he passed his test. Sentinel?” He looked over to the presiding member.

Sentinel Knight bowed his head in thought. “Master Zordon... please approach me to receive the white robe.” Magnas shot up and stormed out of the room. Once the members voted for Zordon’s test, the final decision, to not be second guessed, fell upon Sentinel Knight. Master Kamen shook his head in disapproval. Animus got up and followed Magnas out of the room. Tria glared at Zordon.

As Zordon approached Sentinel Knight, Master Gosei stood up and shook his hand, a big smile on his face. “Welcome to the council! I hope this will be the start of a powerful relationship.”
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:08 PM #36
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Short but great. Will this warrior from the past who also morphed have a role in the future?
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:58 PM #37
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Yes, that warrior will. That fighter didn't exist in my original draft (same with Novact). As I was writing, though, those characters appeared and fit in so nicely and closed some gaps I had, I couldn't refuse them existence. Haha

I thought about beefing up this chapter, but after the long chapter 8 and with the story arcs approaching, I decided to leave it short. I am so glad it was still enjoyable!

Some brief points for those following along and for those who are new and for whatever reason have skipped chapters:

1) Sam, as The Future: Omega Ranger, is trapped in The Hall of Legends, indexing special archives of the past while another Future: Omega Ranger attacks SPD HQ
2) In the archive, Sam observes The Morphing Masters protecting the Zeo Crystal from Master Vile’s forces just after he has created a stronghold in the M51 Galaxy in a war The Alliance (a group of galaxies led by The Morphing Masters) lost
3) Sam indexes the arrival of an energy mass that will be known to The Masters as The Dark Cloud
4) Caught in this is a young Zordon, a cadet from the most elite group of The Academy, a school created by The Masters to train those with a natural tap to The Morphing Grid
Old April 16th, 2014, 06:14 PM #38
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Chapter Ten: The Intergalactic Conference

Master Michael, in his cyan robe, urged Zordon to follow quickly. Zordon and Michael were assigned to head security at The Intergalactic Conference. Zordon looked at his wrist tech, re-reading the assignment parameters and which team he would lead. Heading South Wing was Commander Zedd. Zordon had North Wing, while the newly promoted Commander Rahp was assigned to East Wing. West Wing would be guarded by Master Michael and his troop.

As Zordon took position with his team, he saw a rainbow of robes march to their places on the stand: Sentinel Knight in red; Ivicar in blue; Dulcea in green; Tria in black; Gerlit in pink; King Estro in yellow; Orion in gold; Delphine in silver; Kamen in violet; Animus in orange; Magnus in crimson; Dimitria in brown; Gosei in gray.

Sentinel Knight walked to the audio station, placing the voice amplifier and language synchronizer to his throat. He began speaking to the leaders from around the galaxy who had gathered to listen to counsel from The Morphing Masters. Sentinel Knight’s speech seemed to be a precursor to The Gold Warrior drama for those in attendance: it touched on the importance of following laws which were already established, and the consequences on an intergalactic scale for not abiding by the laws.

Very intelligent... Zordon thought. In case The Gold Warrior incident became a widespread thing, Sentinel Knight was already influencing the people to side with him. He looked at each member of the council. Tria wore a disgusted look on her face. Zordon chuckled to himself. Apparently Tria has caught on to his intent as well.

He then saw Master Estro. He kept glancing at a door in Commander Rahp’s sector. When Zordon looked at it, a feeling of he could not describe descended upon him. Dread...? He thought. It washed over him. He looked back at the council. He noticed Master Ivicar was staring at the door as well, with a look of concern on his face. What settled things for Zordon was when he heard Sentinel Knight stumble in his words as he, too, looked to the door. Zordon tensed.

He pushed a button on his wrist tech to send a message to Commander Rahp to investigate. As he did, a message flashed on the screen telling him his communications were blocked. He stared dumbfounded at the screen. It made no sense to him, since Research and Development were the ones responsible to ensure communications were working before the conference. He and Burai double checked everything immediately before the conference. That was why he was late in meeting with Master Michael in the first place.

Zordon tried communicating to Michael. He received the same error message. Zordon’s eyes began to glow white. He focused all he had on Master Michael. Michael’s head jerked up, sensing Zordon. Zordon had not practiced this mental capacity in a while, so he was happy to discover it was working. Michael looked at Zordon, puzzled. Zordon pointed at Rahp’s sector and motioned for him to go toward it. As Michael began to move, Zordon rushed to the door.

The Masters must’ve felt it, too... What is happening!? How did this happen!? Who could’ve had access to the communications to jam everything? Zordon jumped over seats and zig-zagged through aisles, at time having to push people out of his way. Michael was in a similar situation.

By that time, people began to notice the commotion. Commander Zedd sent a few of his men over to where it appeared Zordon and Michael were heading. Rahp noticed as well, and asked for a few men to follow him to the door in his sector.

Sentinel Knight decided to address the situation: “Ladies and gentlemen, I am sure our securi--” He got to this point in his sentence simultaneously with two other events: Commander Rahp and his men arriving at the door; the door exploding, with ten Blue Globbors pouring in, and a platoon of Tenga Warriors.

The conference hall erupted in shouts. Zordon plowed his way through the crowds, but the sheer number began to overwhelm him. His eyes were glowing and his arms pulsing with energy he had charged up as he saw the explosion. The masses of people continued to prevent him from reaching Commander Rahp. In the presence of danger, the greater good must be upheld... Zordon thought to himself. He sent out a blast from his person, sending people and Tengas alike flying about, slamming into walls and into others who were surprised to find themselves victims of a second blast whose origins they could not pinpoint.

Michael ran to Zordon. “Where did that blast come from!?” Zordon pushed him out of the way and kept running, yelling back at him to stop wasting time and destroy the enemies.

The battle raged on. Innocents were attacked by Blue Globbors, causing many soldiers to stop in their tracks, not wanting to hurt civilians and intergalactic leaders. Zordon began charging his arms to attack them, yelling at the soldiers as he did. “Don’t let this become like Decrof! Attack!”

The soldiers still hesitated. Suddenly, a blast from seemingly out of nowhere caught Zordon in the thigh. Zedd, from his makeshift sniper’s nest, lowered his blaster. “There is a fine line between getting things done, and doing them right...” He muttered to himself as he left his post. He ran to Zordon.

“Master down! Someone get medical he--!” Before he could finish his sentence, Zedd flew into the closest wall. When he looked up, he saw Master Vile standing over Zordon.

“Vengeance is mine! Your little conference was the perfect target. Now, surrender to me the Zeo Crystal, or I crush this Master under my feet!” Vile placed his foot on Zordon’s head upon finishing his hostage demands. Zedd tried to stand, but couldn’t.

Magnas and Kamen, who had been battling nearby, took down some Tenga Warriors and approached Master Vile. Vile wagged his finger at them, saying, “No, no, no! Not another step!”

Kamen got into his fighting stance. “Who said I care what happens to him?” Magnas chuckled and lifted up his sword. “Defender helmet!” Electric currents surrounded him as his helmet appeared. He ripped off his robe to reveal full body armor. Magnas’ people had come together and commissioned The Alliance to outfit their best fighter, Master Magnas, with an electronic suit to assist him in battle. Orion placed his stamp of approval on the project and Zordon had finished it a mere three months earlier. He also modified Magnas’ sword to become a blaster if needed. This was a part of The Alliance’s initiative to create a defender specifically outfitted to fight Master Vile and his forces. Magnas was the prototype of The Defender Initiative.

Kamen produced a glowing saber from a pouch on his belt, activating it. He lifted it up and yelled, “Now!” Magnas turned his blade into a blaster and began firing as Kamen charged toward Vile.

As they did, they suddenly found themselves in a foggy wasteland. They turned to find a figure laughing at them.

Kamen gripped his saber. “Madam Woe...” Magnas, voice more gravel-like through his helment, laughed. “This should be fun...”

Meanwhile, Master Vile looked around. “What!? No one else!?” At this provocation, a rustling could be heard. Beaten and bruised, Commander Rahp lifted himself up from debris and rubble. He limped forward.

“Let... him... go...” Rahp slowly lifted up his blaster to shoot. Master Vile pointed his staff and shot the blaster out of Rahp’s hand. Clutching his scorched hand, Rahp continued to limp forward.

“Give up, human!” Vile ordered. Determined, Rahp continued. Zedd tried to shout to Rahp, to tell him to stop, but he couldn’t gather enough breath to do so.

“Vile: stand down! Your troops have fallen! Now, let Master Zordon go and we will ensure you won’t be hurt.” Master Dulcea yelled this from the doors through which Vile’s troops originally appeared. She, Gerlit, and Dimitria ran to the north doors and wrapped around to attack the enemy from behind when the explosions first began. Upon their success, they entered to save whoever was still trapped in the conference hall.

“Tsk, tsk.” They heard, but were too late to react. Novact and Rito slid out from their hiding places with blasters pointed at The Masters. More Tenga Warriors ran in, almost as if on cue.

“Where is my crystal!?” Master Vile screamed, growing more impatient. Zedd wished he could do something. He knew it was hidden in Lightning Cruiser, who was being fixed in the main Research and Development lab. He, however, was still unable to speak, let alone move. He would’ve sacrificed the crystal to ensure Zordon, who already risked so much to save him on Solaris 8’s moon. He felt he owed him. He felt he had failed him.

Master Vile applied more pressure on Zordon’s head. Blood started trilling out of his nose. The Masters stared at Vile and the forces around them.

Novact sneered at The Masters. “Give up now, and I will only punish you with what you offered me: solitary confinement for life.” He laughed. He felt his betrayal was finally paying off.
Old April 16th, 2014, 07:28 PM #39
> White Genesis
Power Ranger

White Genesis
Power Ranger

Ah, the Magna Defender, most badass character in the franchise IMO.
Old April 17th, 2014, 01:29 PM #40
> commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

commander17
BandoraPalace on IG

Very intrigued with the way you are drawing in so many characters, like Madame Woe for instance, or Magna Defender. The connections to draw such a story were there, but you have drawn them in and put it together in a way that flows so well. Please do keep the installments coming.
commander17 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote