Menu

Old January 24th, 2018, 11:19 AM #21
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

TRU already announced that the stores that are a TRU/BRU combo are profitable, mainly because they run two stores with the equivalent of only one stores staff, and the standalone TRUs and BRUs are not profitable. So they are closing those and converting others into the combo stores.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 11:26 AM #22
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Just another sad day for Brick & Mortar retail.

By 2025 there will not be any stores or malls to go to, it will be off to
Amazon to buy everything, from toys to clothes and groceries and
everything in-between.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 11:26 AM #23
> Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay
Falcon6

eBay

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

TRU already announced that the stores that are a TRU/BRU combo are profitable, mainly because they run two stores with the equivalent of only one stores staff, and the standalone TRUs and BRUs are not profitable. So they are closing those and converting others into the combo stores.
Then I guess my store is an exception. Its the only one within a 45 minute drive, and it is a combo store.
Falcon6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 11:41 AM #24
> Gold Ranger
aka TokuChris

Gold Ranger
aka TokuChris

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

They've announced the Zeo morpher and Golden Power Staff. I don't think this is the reason we haven't seen Shogun.
Yes.

In July of 2017. With an expected shipment and release within 7 months. 2 months before the leaks of a Toys'R'Us bankruptcy hit the press. Toys'R'Us wasn't going to voluntarily tell toy manufacturers that they can't pay them, or were looking to file bankruptcy so they wouldn't have to pay them.

Before this stuff hits production, a home has to be found and contract to sell has to be generated. Bandai America isn't going to produce a bunch of Legacy Shogun Megazords and THEN find someone to contractually agree to sell the item. Chances are Toys'R'Us balked at the price of the item, or Bandai America and Toys'R'Us couldn't get a contract worked out, and thus the announcement and reveal of the product hasn't been done.

Bandai America isn't going to announce or reveal the item and piss off the collector community when it doesn't come out because they can't partner with a retailer for it. Until they have a retailer in line to release the item, it won't be revealed.

Will Legacy Shogun Megazord happen?

As far as I know - it's ready to go. I've heard everything from no retail partner for it to "saving it for the climactic 25th item for the 25th Anniversary", as there are a number of items that are going to be considered "1 for 25, 2 for 25, 3 for 25", etc. The coffee book, for example, is one such item.
Gold Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 11:50 AM #25
> Kaboom
Power Ranger

Kaboom
Power Ranger

I'm shocked at the one in Omaha closing, that one always seemed super busy when I lived up there. Since the other one in Omaha closed a few years ago the only one left is in Council Bluffs, nuts. And the one closing near me in Overland Park sucks just because it's such a nice and huge store, but can't say I'm surprised because it always seems empty and they tore down the outlet mall next door to it so there's nothing near it. Still sucks though.
Kaboom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 11:55 AM #26
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

Just another sad day for Brick & Mortar retail.

By 2025 there will not be any stores or malls to go to, it will be off to
Amazon to buy everything, from toys to clothes and groceries and
everything in-between.
This type of future scares me to death. Cause I love going into places. Anyone can buy something online... but actually grabbing it with your hands and finding it in store is special. Gah.

And dammit Bandai and their stupid releases. So I've got all the photos that I know are out or coming out, but the damn Legacy figures are being a nightmare. Since the bizarre releases and whatnot... plus slipping in Red Zeo into the normal mix of Wave 4... 5... or whatever wave it is it's really screwing up my way of designing these things.

I'll get it figured out, but until then... update complete.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 12:13 PM #27
> Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Zapdos560
Gokai Change, ZAPDOS!

Well, great. Carle Place/Garden City TRU in New York is closing. The one off of a major parkway...on a major road...in the middle of a county...

Meanwhile, the remaining Long Island ones are off in the sticks, far from major civilization....

LOGIC!
Zapdos560 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 12:16 PM #28
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Gold Ranger wrote: View Post

Will Legacy Shogun Megazord happen?

As far as I know - it's ready to go. I've heard everything from no retail partner for it to "saving it for the climactic 25th item for the 25th Anniversary", as there are a number of items that are going to be considered "1 for 25, 2 for 25, 3 for 25", etc. The coffee book, for example, is one such item.
Sounds like what Hasbro did for Transformers, with 30 special numbered releases across the 18 month Thrilling 30 celebration (and subline to Generations*).

Money allowing, I'd definitely be interested in the Shogun Megazord. Unless my nostalgic interest wanes as happened with the Ninja Megazord... not really sure what happened there, maybe it was a case of having bigger fish to fry which made me kind of push away from it subconsciously.

*And like Legacy, that line's fallen into "people want the old stuff made marginally better!" See the Power of the Primes Dinobots, where they took the 1985 designs and gave the robot modes better proportions and more articulation.

Taichi wrote: View Post

This type of future scares me to death. Cause I love going into places. Anyone can buy something online... but actually grabbing it with your hands and finding it in store is special. Gah.
Even bearing in mind I've not really gotten much Western stuff in the last few years, the UK isn't nearly as good for successfully finding stuff in-store. But yeah, I'll still cherish old memories of picking things up at TRU and the like. BIONICLE at least was nice and consistent... was ten years ago this winter that I steadily hunted down the Phantoka sets. Hell, it was TRU I stumbled upon a sole 2008 set in on January 2nd and snapped it up...

My local (childhood) TRU has already shut... only found out a few weeks ago, I didn't get to have one final visit. Apparently a new one's opened up, though...

And dammit Bandai and their stupid releases. So I've got all the photos that I know are out or coming out, but the damn Legacy figures are being a nightmare. Since the bizarre releases and whatnot... plus slipping in Red Zeo into the normal mix of Wave 4... 5... or whatever wave it is it's really screwing up my way of designing these things.

I'll get it figured out, but until then... update complete.
Nice work with the update! Looking great. For the Legacy figures... could it be worth waiting a little longer to see what happens when the scheduled Wave 5 releases? Otherwise, maybe just put up the waves as announced and leave a note about the skewed release patterns until further notice?
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 12:38 PM #29
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Yeah, memories now aren't what they were as a kid... but like today, I found Hit from DBS at GameStop... and it was a sudden surprise. Not a feeling you get by just buying something online.

And that's probably going to be my way of doing it. Listing the Gold Zeo wave with the 5 we know... so Gold, Green Zeo, Yellow Zeo, DT Red and DT Blue... then listing the next wave as DT Black, Red Zeo, Blue Zeo, Zeo Pink and DT Yellow... but leaving voids for what we don't know for sure and leaving a note of what can be found in another wave.
Old January 24th, 2018, 01:28 PM #30
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Yeah, memories now aren't what they were as a kid... but like today, I found Hit from DBS at GameStop... and it was a sudden surprise. Not a feeling you get by just buying something online.
The feeling I get buying something online tends to be a sting of guilt or remorse for spending money, haha! But that's more me still needing to get things in order and start bloody earning some.

I get you with the surprise. Again, that's what it was like when I saw 2008 Pohatu in TRU right at the start of the year, amongst a load of 2007 sets. That's the joy of just popping into the store to see what's there. But Psychos aside, there's nothing much I'm interested in from Western lines right now. Should we ever see what the hell this Studio Series line of Transformers is actually like, that could change...
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 01:32 PM #31
> Falcon6

eBay
Falcon6

eBay

ANd also with ordering online, you never really know what condition theyll be in, or if youll get the right item.
Falcon6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 01:54 PM #32
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

To be fair a figure can always look good in package and crumble when you take it out, but at least you know you didnt get one with lots of paint sploches or crooked eyes (for figures where thats relevant). And returns are so much easier with brick and mortar.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 02:37 PM #33
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Oh the eyes... how many times I've passed up figures due to the eyes. Yeah, nothing's worse that getting a figure in the mail that is splotchy or shoddy on the paint.

There... added the other 2 assortments, so now we're fully done. Until I get images of the Psychos in press shots I won't add their assortment.

On that note... where the hell does DT White fit? Is he with the Psychos? And I mean from the original thought on releases, not this mix up we're having now.
Old January 24th, 2018, 02:40 PM #34
> Solaris
It ain't nothing but love

Solaris
It ain't nothing but love

A turn to e-commerce exclusivity for toys - which is likely in the near future, especially for children's toys as it's parents who will be getting them, and unfortunately no store would stock Legacy toys without the main PR line - would be the end of collecting for me.

I have passed on many items in recent years due to being online only here in the U.K. or only available internationally. It's not nearly as fun, and as discussed above, you don't know if it will arrive safely. If mine has a crooked paint job, most retailers will turn me to Bandai, who will take ages to (or not at all) reply. Furthermore, online returns are such a hassle and often I end up letting them sit in a box for ages, or giving them away to charity/a friend.

Besides that, one thing I'd be happy with is an online subscription for the Legacy figures. 3 figures a month(with MZ and weapon); $70 plus shipping and taxes. I still really want this to happen as opposed to it dying completely once retailers inevitably stop ordering.
Solaris is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 02:50 PM #35
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Oh the eyes... *snip*

Besides that, one thing I'd be happy with is an online subscription for the Legacy figures. 3 figures a month(with MZ and weapon); $70 plus shipping and taxes. I still really want this to happen as opposed to it dying completely once retailers inevitably stop ordering.
I would definately join a sub type deal. i just dont ever expect it to happen. The only reason motuc happened was because the people who did it loved the franchise. No one in bandai seems to care about PR.

@taichi: hes supposed to be in wave 6 with silver space and 3 psychos.
Old January 24th, 2018, 02:57 PM #36
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

Okay! I thought that was when he was due... thanks!
Old January 24th, 2018, 02:58 PM #37
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Lol people at Bandai should care about PR....it's pretty much all they've got.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 03:12 PM #38
> RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

Lol people at Bandai should care about PR....it's pretty much all they've got.
Goku will have words with you.
RedRanger87 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 03:16 PM #39
> HezMania
Power Ranger

HezMania
Power Ranger

I LUCKED out. I didn't know they opened a new one in Des Moines at a new strip mall. Albeit, its MUCH smaller....so I'm wondering if we'll see more of this style pop up? Its the size of a large radio shack I'd estimate.
HezMania is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2018, 03:50 PM #40
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

That soundslike a toys r us express (we are still talking tru right?) but those are meant to be for holidays. I suppose they could have a few that are year round. I think i was in new york and they had one at one of the subway stops.