> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

Peter wrote: View Post

... who the hell are the Eternals?
There's already one Eternal in the MCU, though he's not typical of the rest of them. Mr. "Perfectly Balanced, as all things should be", Thanos.

The Eternals, as a whole, are an offshoot of humanity, experimented on by the Celestials. (the giants we saw in Guardians of the Galaxy when learning about the Infinity Stones, not necessarily Ego.) They gained long life spans (hence the name Eternals and god-like powers. Some of them have even been mistake for gods in centuries past. At one point there was a rift between two Eternals, who happened to be brothers, Zuras and Alars (father of Thanos). Alars led a group to Saturn's moon, Titan, where there were already other Eternals living. The ones who stayed behind tried to avoid contact with humanity, but weren't always successful. One Eternal, Ikaris, fell in love with a human woman. Two others, Sersi and The Forgotten One, would join the Avengers. (The Forgotten One was given the name Gilgamesh, one of many names he had used across the centuries.) Most of the Eternals conflicts were with another offshoot of humanity, the Deviants. There were as ugly as the Eternals were attractive. (Although, Thena, daughter of Zuras, was in a secret relationship with one Deviant.)
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 09:22 AM #222
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

... who the hell are the Eternals?
Thanos is an Eternal. The species from Titan are Human Eternals. So Thanos is a cousin of humans. Celestials fucked with humanity as they did with many species. 3 sub species Eternal, Deviant and normals. On Earth the normals rule, the Skrulls are the Deviants of their race and the ruling Kree class are the Eternals. Which also makes Captain Marvel an Eternal.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:35 AM #223
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

Who the hell are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
Who is Scott Lang?
Gold Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:43 AM #224
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

Thanos is an Eternal. The species from Titan are Human Eternals. So Thanos is a cousin of humans. Celestials fucked with humanity as they did with many species. 3 sub species Eternal, Deviant and normals. On Earth the normals rule, the Skrulls are the Deviants of their race and the ruling Kree class are the Eternals. Which also makes Captain Marvel an Eternal.
I'm not too clear on a lot of this, but I can point out one inaccuracy - Thanos is a mutant of the species rather than cousin, as in that species Marvel doesn't presently have the rights to. Which is a detail I imagine will come up in the near future.
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:58 AM #225
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Miraculous Bikkun wrote: View Post

I'm not too clear on a lot of this, but I can point out one inaccuracy - Thanos is a mutant of the species rather than cousin, as in that species Marvel doesn't presently have the rights to. Which is a detail I imagine will come up in the near future.
Rights to who? Skrull cause they're showing up in Captain Marvel. They've mention Titan and the Eternals are being made. So his origins are covered. He's an Eternal by birth his father is one his mother is one. He showed the Deviant gene which is why he looks the way he does. Why he has the "skrull" chin. His father is a first generation eternal meaning he comes from Earth. He is a direct offshoot of the human race. So Thanos is a cousin to humanity. As for mutants he is a mutant in the most basic sense in that he developed a mutation to the deviant gene not an xfactor.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 04:14 PM #226
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Screw the Eternals. Get the Ravagers. It'd be fun to see Sylvester and Michelle in a Marvel movie just like their cameo in GOTG. Vol 2.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 01:52 PM #227
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Emma Watson is reportedly the front-runner for a lead role in the upcoming Black Widow film. I wouldn't mind her joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe at all.

Emma Watson Reportedly Listed as Front-runner for Lead Role in Marvel's 'Black Widow'
ranger_scout is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 02:44 PM #228
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

Oh, hell no. No. No. Not her.
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 03:08 PM #229
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Champ wrote: View Post

Especially when you can get Kristen Stewart for 1/3 of the cost!
Spoony Spoonerson is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 03:19 PM #230
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Rights to who? Skrull cause they're showing up in Captain Marvel. They've mention Titan and the Eternals are being made. So his origins are covered. He's an Eternal by birth his father is one his mother is one. He showed the Deviant gene which is why he looks the way he does. Why he has the "skrull" chin. His father is a first generation eternal meaning he comes from Earth. He is a direct offshoot of the human race. So Thanos is a cousin to humanity. As for mutants he is a mutant in the most basic sense in that he developed a mutation to the deviant gene not an xfactor.
no, I'm saying he's a mutant. Like, he's not a Skrull but he is an Eternal mutant.
Old March 6th, 2019, 03:33 PM #231
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

Especially when you can get Kristen Stewart for 1/3 of the cost!
She prefers those indy things and doesn't like the big blockbusters, so I can't imagine Stewart signing up for an MCU film anyway.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 03:34 PM #232
> MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

MutekiDragon
Kinsect Master

The Marvel films don't have the rights to use mutants or X-Men related stuff is what he means.
MutekiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 03:48 PM #233
> Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

Otokusastu Zetto
KouseiRed to the rescue !

Champ wrote: View Post

Why no ? If she gets in I want Daniel Radcliffe as Wolverine
Otokusastu Zetto is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 04:14 PM #234
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

MutekiDragon wrote: View Post

The Marvel films don't have the rights to use mutants or X-Men related stuff is what he means.
I imagine much like with Molly Hayes, they're skirting around it by not actually calling them mutants and will probably refer to them as such after the fact.
Old March 6th, 2019, 04:30 PM #235
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Otokusastu Zetto wrote: View Post

Why no ? If she gets in I want Daniel Radcliffe as Wolverine
He's hairy enough.
Peter is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 04:54 PM #236
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

He's hairy enough.
And short enough.
Old March 6th, 2019, 06:30 PM #237
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

No matter how much they talk about it as Eternals, and the closer they get to production the more casting and other bits get revealed, I just can't shake the feeling this movie is a cover for MCU X-men.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 06:42 PM #238
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

No matter how much they talk about it as Eternals, and the closer they get to production the more casting and other bits get revealed, I just can't shake the feeling this movie is a cover for MCU X-men.
It should be honestly. I get that they had plans for the Eternals. However at the same time it doesn't add much to the story right now. Yes Thanos is an Eternal but does that add anything to Infinity War no. So Xmen would add stuff to the universe. The Eternals can be added later if they need those type of heavy hitters. Or if they wish to delve into that story.
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:38 PM #239
> Zorkel567
Power Ranger

Zorkel567
Power Ranger

It should be honestly. I get that they had plans for the Eternals. However at the same time it doesn't add much to the story right now. Yes Thanos is an Eternal but does that add anything to Infinity War no. So Xmen would add stuff to the universe. The Eternals can be added later if they need those type of heavy hitters. Or if they wish to delve into that story.
But what if they want to delve into that story now?

And it's highly unlikely that it could be a 'cover" for the X-Men. They've repeated a number of times that they cannot even start working on ideas for the characters until after the Fox deal closes, which is has yet to be finalized.

They're likely already doing Eternals auditions and starting early casting, with a director attached and filming set to start this summer. They wouldn't risk the deal over an X-Men film.
Zorkel567 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 08:47 PM #240
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

I just keep going back to the Inhumans movie and how that was ultimately just a placeholder for Spider-Man. Like, it'd still make sense if it ended up not being the case, but it just feels like the same situation and I'm totally fine with that.

Like if we got another panel revealing the next phase films and the title suddenly shifted over to X-men ala Captain America: Serpent Society's gag years back, I would be very giddy.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote