Home Menu

Menu

Old January 18th, 2019, 09:30 PM #461
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

They talked so much trash about how weaker Rita’s monsters were but they kept coming back over and over.
"And they all lost! "
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 06:37 AM #462
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

Okay, but, really, what profession would be safe on PR Earth? You can be a construction worker, a bus driver, an office manager, a hot dog vendor, giant monsters are dropping buildings on you.
True, but that is usually like a 'most exciting week of your life' situation and at worst you get a weird special emphasis from foot soldiers during the big invasions.

I do like the idea of Zedd seeking power, maybe not for evil, but that last part didn't work out. Rita did get a cushy job in magic administration
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 10:50 AM #463
> Cammy
This cage demeans us both

Cammy

It's possible Rita and Zedd had a thing going on before he left her in charge and all the stuff with Zordon happened, being locked up, etc. So he was naturally pissed when she failed to destroy the Rangers after so much time.

Maybe the Putties looking for Rita in White Light was so they could join up right then and there since while they had both succeeded in getting rid of the green Ranger at some point, Tommy was back in White so they had a common enemy.

Some could say the love potion ruined Zedd; but once it was removed in Season 3, he got a lot of his edge back, "Along Came A Spider" withstanding.
Cammy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 06:31 PM #464
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

Just out of curiosity what video game was it that had Zedd being an archaeologist?
yami senshi youkaiou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 06:40 PM #465
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

yami senshi youkaiou wrote: View Post

Just out of curiosity what video game was it that had Zedd being an archaeologist?
In the console version of Power Rangers Super Legends, a game celebrating the series' 15th anniversary. The backstory is exposited by Zedd after his defeat, when Jason and Sam demand to know why he would throw away the second chance Zordon gave him. Zedd exposits that "his purified self" became an archaeologist and discovered the Time Crystal that Zedd had been using all game to cause havoc. The purified Zedd succumbed to the temptation of using the crystal to observe his former life of villainy. His past self was able to sense that he was being watched, and used the connection to corrupt the crystal, undoing Zordon's purification.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 06:47 PM #466
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

I-snippage-
Ah I see I probably should have known since I remember he was evil again in one of the games but I couldn't remember which one.
yami senshi youkaiou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 07:47 PM #467
> Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

If don lafontaine did episode descriptions for the neo saban seasons- (you can also post your ideas for don lafontaine pr episode descriptions)

Coming up next, madam odius brainwashes summer cove's population on power rangers super ninja steel

After that, the rangers go back in time to stop sledge once and for all on power rangers dino super charge.
Ninjasteel1987 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 07:55 PM #468
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

Ninjasteel1987 wrote: View Post

If don lafontaine did episode descriptions for the neo saban seasons- (you can also post your ideas for don lafontaine pr episode descriptions)
Am I supposed to know who this is?
GrumpyBookworm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 08:08 PM #469
> Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm wrote: View Post

Am I supposed to know who this is?
He was a famous movie trailer voice and was also the announcer for abc family's kids block from 02-04
Old January 19th, 2019, 08:15 PM #470
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

Yeah, you know how movie trailers still had narration back in the 90s and 00s? The voice you heard was either Don LaFontaine or someone trying to sound like Don LaFontaine.
Old January 19th, 2019, 08:48 PM #471
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

Yeah, you know how movie trailers still had narration back in the 90s and 00s? The voice you heard was either Don LaFontaine or someone trying to sound like Don LaFontaine.
Oh. Cool. I always wondered who did those voices.
Old January 19th, 2019, 09:47 PM #472
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

Cammy wrote: View Post

It's possible Rita and Zedd had a thing going on before he left her in charge and all the stuff with Zordon happened, being locked up, etc. So he was naturally pissed when she failed to destroy the Rangers after so much time.
I actually like this idea and would be all for it, except there's no hint of this at all in The Mutiny. Rita is terrified of Zedd when he first shows up. There's no "Aw, come on Zeddy, don't be like that" from her, or "I hate to do this, but you leave me no choice" from him.

Cammy wrote:
Maybe the Putties looking for Rita in White Light was so they could join up right then and there since while they had both succeeded in getting rid of the green Ranger at some point, Tommy was back in White so they had a common enemy.
Speaking of Zedd in White Light... Does anyone else find it weird that a brand new Power Ranger with a powerful new Thunder Zord appears on the scene, who is in fact the Green Ranger Zedd just got rid of, and destroys his most powerful monster yet... And we see no reaction from Zedd at all? After some vague statement early in the episode about his plan for the Green Ranger (whatever the hell that might have been because we never see Zedd doing anything involving Tommy), we don't see Zedd at all until the next episode, in which he's already talking about the White Ranger in a "Business as usual" sort of way, like he would have about any of the main five. It's such an odd, massive omission in White Light.
MegaZeo is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2019, 07:00 AM #473
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ For I notace I think maybe Zedd wanted to used Tommy and maybe created a Evil Ranger, and Zedd during the season 2, before of Rita Returns, wanted to get rid everything Rita created, the demise of the Green Ranger and later plan to use Tommy could Zedd created another more Powerfull Ranger that the Green Ranger, Imagine some kind of Lord Drakkon similar to Lord Zedd !!!
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2019, 09:49 AM #474
> Cammy

Cammy

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

I actually like this idea and would be all for it, except there's no hint of this at all in The Mutiny. Rita is terrified of Zedd when he first shows up. There's no "Aw, come on Zeddy, don't be like that" from her, or "I hate to do this, but you leave me no choice" from him.
No, but maybe she chose Zordon over him and he turned on her just as she turned on Zordon. Maybe the idea wasn't to trap Zordon in the time warp but to destroy him altogether and she failed in that, Same as how she couldn't destroy the Power Rangers even with her most powerful monsters like Frankenstein, Lokar and Mutitus and her allies.

Speaking of Zedd in White Light... Does anyone else find it weird that a brand new Power Ranger with a powerful new Thunder Zord appears on the scene, who is in fact the Green Ranger Zedd just got rid of, and destroys his most powerful monster yet... And we see no reaction from Zedd at all? After some vague statement early in the episode about his plan for the Green Ranger (whatever the hell that might have been because we never see Zedd doing anything involving Tommy), we don't see Zedd at all until the next episode, in which he's already talking about the White Ranger in a "Business as usual" sort of way, like he would have about any of the main five. It's such an odd, massive omission in White Light.
I wonder if time was a factor there? We had the Rita subplot going on too plus all the exposition. I realize a lot of the post battle Zedd scenes much like Rita's were very quick before it went to commercial. We still didn't know who had kidnapped Tommy at the time; but maybe he planned to make Tommy a new Green Ranger with the green Dairanger suit. More realistically, they may have had to make another hasty edit due to Austin, Walter and Thuy leaving and left it in by mistake.

In Two For One, while Zedd was calm about it, he did send two monsters instead of one since they now have an extra Ranger; and Tommy didn't even get to fight the more powerful of the two.
Cammy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 02:02 AM #475
> Agent Z
Power Ranger

Agent Z
Power Ranger

I'm surprised Chad being part Atlantian isn't a fandom meme. The guy had two careers revolving around water and even had a mermaid love interest.
Agent Z is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 09:16 AM #476
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Agent Z wrote: View Post

I'm surprised Chad being part Atlantian isn't a fandom meme. The guy had two careers revolving around water and even had a mermaid love interest.

I for one suspect all Lifeguards and Sea World employees of being part Atlantian
PineapplePizza is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 10:08 AM #477
> GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

GrumpyBookworm
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

I for one suspect all Lifeguards and Sea World employees of being part Atlantian
I thought that was required for the job description, no?
Old January 21st, 2019, 10:16 AM #478
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Agent Z wrote: View Post

This meme really needs more love.
AdrenalineRush is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 10:40 AM #479
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Yeah, but how many have gotten a chance to bump uglies with Ariel?
Old January 21st, 2019, 01:07 PM #480
> Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

I love that one guy who was terrorizing willie with his friends in the wild force episode power play

" is wee little willie gonna cryayeayeaye?"

"Hee hee hee, his mommy"

Last edited by Ninjasteel1987; January 21st, 2019 at 02:18 PM.