Home Menu

Menu

Closed

Old September 2nd, 2018, 04:07 AM #81
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

I don't mind Go Go Power Rangers in the theme, like with Dinocharge... but I don't want Go Go Power Rangers again.. But then again look at how long "Transformers" has basically been the same theme.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 06:32 AM #82
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

This is the latest Transformers theme (they just launched a new show yesterday). Nothing like the original theme... until the logo pops up and a voice sings More Than Meets The Eye. And only 20 seconds total too.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 06:32 AM #83
> RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

A new, original theme song is kind of a no-brainer. For 8 years in a row, the theme songs have mostly been lazy remixes and rehashes of "Go Go Power Rangers" and I'm sick of it. I say mostly because Dino Charge was at least somewhat clever in how it used "Go Go Power Rangers".

So yeah, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that an original theme song is long overdue. Hell, if they could get Ron Wasserman or Jeremy Sweet to do it, that would be nice, they could make a theme song that's evocative, but not a carbon copy of, the MMPR theme.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 06:37 AM #84
> PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza
Power Ranger

Iím so confused.

I listened to the theme songs for Samurai-Ninja Steel

And while Samurai and Megaforce both had remixes of Go Go Power Rangers, Dino Charge and Ninja Steel both had their own distinct lyrics that just have go go power rangers in them. No different than say....Zeo.

So fans are hoping Hasbro stops something Saban Brands stopped doing after 2014? I guess?
Old September 2nd, 2018, 06:40 AM #85
> RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

RangerPower2003
Power Ranger

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Iím so confused.

And while Samurai and Megaforce both had remixes of Go Go Power Rangers, Dino Charge and Ninja Steel both had their own distinct lyrics that just have go go power rangers in them. No different than say....Zeo.

So fans are hoping Hasbro stops something Saban Brands stopped doing after 2014? I guess?

Zeo and Dino Charge were creative in how they reused the MMPR theme. Zeo, by adding heavy metal guitar riffs, and Dino Charge with tribal drums.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 06:57 AM #86
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Soo Idk if it has been brought up,

But Blake Foster (Justin from Turbo) is trying to get casted as the Gold ranger from Beast Morphers.

How you guys feel about that?
Not that I'm against him.... I prefer him to come for the next anniversary or beyond.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 07:01 AM #87
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Both also had new verses.

Ninja Steel's theme does sound distinct as well, but it overuses the Go Go Power Rangers lyric.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 07:37 AM #88
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

I'm quite fond of the NSt theme, but that first round of "Go Gos" breaks flow.

Having "It's Morphin Time" in every series further reenforces the same-y feel, even when they try to differentiate.

Shame, given Go-Busters' use. That call was fun in 2012.

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; September 2nd, 2018 at 07:44 AM.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 07:47 AM #89
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

dark ranger 86 wrote: View Post

If you think Mick is the greatest mentor ever in Power Ranger's history that's fine it's your opinion it's just I've personally seen better mentors like Spencer who was charismatic, had a dry wit and threw shade at silly situations. He established a personal connection with his ranger team by having heartfelt conversions that were to the point rather than dance around the bush to get the rangers to see the obvious that Mick does.
That's what mentoring is though, actually teaching and making your pupils think or learn to solve their problems. Spencer was a friend, an ally, that personal connection takes him out of the mentor role, as well as just being a butler. He was his team's Alpha, which makes him one of the better assistant/ally characters, but I wouldn't qualify him as a mentor.

A mentor needs to be in a position of authority/power dynamic with the team, but also a source of knowledge on the powers, villains, and general lessons of the day. I'd say Spencer almost splits the role with Hartford, but the lack of hierarchy to his position, as technically he's their butler, gets in the way of actually calling him a mentor.

There are plenty of good side character allies or friends who take on a lot of the burden of mentor duties without being mentors in PR history. Oddly though, most are played by Kelson Henderson.

Sasori Orange wrote: View Post

We just got a HUGE news pretty much confirmed by ThatHashtagShow Joe. He confirmed that we'd be getting the TRIPLE DINO (Mighty Morphin/Dino Thunder/Dino Charge) TEAM UP in Beast Morphers. He previously said on another video on August 4th that it's on the table with Hasbro wanting to adapt it. Today (in the latest video) he confirmed 100% we'd be getting that in Beast Morphers. He even made a bet with a guy named Blackwing in the live superchat who said "Joe they're not gonna do that, it's really really really hard to do". ThatHashtagShow Joe is a highly reliable source and I trust him. I'm very excited to see that.

Here's the latest video on September 1. (starts at 1:00:15 min, watch till the end, also see the live superchat)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dtvrffi1io

Here's the old video on August 4th (starts 44:00 min)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3aKJzsF2V4
But... why? And how would they know when shooting hasn't even begun? This feels more like reporting a "I really want this to be true" or "they could still do this, no one has said no yet" statement rather than info from a source on set.

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

Isn't the source material they'd theoretically be adapting disliked because the Go-Busters aren't even the main characters of their own movie? Not sure I want to see an episode/special where the Beast Morphers get sidelined.
In total, the Go-Busters appear in suit for like five minutes. Their presence is mostly unmorphed and they're almost entirely absent once the other dinos get involved. It's a Kyoryuger movie under the guise of the vs movie.

It's a weird movie really. It felt like it was shot under the idea PR could use the shit out of it. It even makes Abaranger easily removable just to highlight an MMPR/Dino Charge potential team up they never did.

PineapplePizza wrote: View Post

Iím so confused.

I think sometimes people get too worked up over the music. I've always found the music in PR to be a bit lacking, to such a degree its noticeable after the first season iconic songs and even those feel dated, so maybe I don't really have a horse in that race though. But it's definitely gone downhill in quality, I just think that's a live action kids show in general problem though. They never seem to have decent theme music anymore.

For PR though, it seems more like a complaint about how there was never a set sound for theme music for most of the time. Season to season would change styles significantly, but nowadays it feels like the same song with different lyrics.

Digifiend wrote: View Post

Both also had new verses.

Ninja Steel's theme does sound distinct as well, but it overuses the Go Go Power Rangers lyric.
I wonder if Hasbro will carry on the Go Go Power Rangers marketable phrase, they do a similar thing for Transformers using the G1 more than meets the eye thing, but never as bad as saban pushed it.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 07:48 AM #90
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

I don't think Ninja Steel's theme is bad...it's just that there are literally 2 different places in the song where it could have stopped and it felt like it drags itself out just to fit the run time.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 08:01 AM #91
> Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Morphin Master wrote: View Post

Are you hoping for a completely new theme song for Beast Morphers
We obviously can't get this exact theme, but I would love something similar to this:

Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:09 AM #92
> FET-Kun
Dude In A Terriermon Suit

FET-Kun

Mr. Underachiever wrote: View Post

We obviously can't get this exact theme, but I would love something similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjfHUNSBEZE
Ugh, not that again.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:13 AM #93
> AdamN
Power Ranger

AdamN
Power Ranger

We just got a HUGE news pretty much confirmed by ThatHashtagShow Joe. He confirmed that we'd be getting the TRIPLE DINO (Mighty Morphin/Dino Thunder/Dino Charge) TEAM UP in Beast Morphers. He previously said on another video on August 4th that it's on the table with Hasbro wanting to adapt it. Today (in the latest video) he confirmed 100% we'd be getting that in Beast Morphers. He even made a bet with a guy named Blackwing in the live superchat who said "Joe they're not gonna do that, it's really really really hard to do". ThatHashtagShow Joe is a highly reliable source and I trust him. I'm very excited to see that.

Here's the latest video on September 1. (starts at 1:00:15 min, watch till the end, also see the live superchat)

Like I said in one of the older posts:
It sounds weird to make a season based on Morphin Grid without any returning rangers during the season.

It also looks, that Hasbro
badly wants to have their own MMPR footage. They also want to use a jar of nostalgia.

It's also a plus that Hasbro WANTS to make team ups in non-anniversary seasons.

Heck, they can even invite Megaforce cast to use Go-Busters vs Gokaiger footage. Megaforce was a mess, but I liked this cast and I wouldn't mind to see these characters WITH BETTER WRITING again.

If Beast Morphers turn out to be two seasons, then I can see that one season can have dino team-up and second one can have team-up with Super Megaforce.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:24 AM #94
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

Digifiend wrote: View Post

This is the latest Transformers theme (they just launched a new show yesterday). Nothing like the original theme... until the logo pops up and a voice sings More Than Meets The Eye. And only 20 seconds total too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Tl2G2TM_w
In fairness this show is 11 minutes long. Prime had a better theme although it was mostly instrumental RID was basically a remix of the old theme. Rescue Bots has one of the best theme songs of the Alined Continuity though.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:29 AM #95
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

FET-Kun wrote: View Post

Ugh, not that again.
What? You don't want a dated early 2000s punk pop song sung by somebody who can't hold a note to save their life?
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:33 AM #96
> FET-Kun

FET-Kun

EXCLUSIVE: That Hashtag show, specifically Joe, probably doesn't know as much as he pretends to. He makes a lot of guesses and assumptions that any of us could make in the lead up to anything, and often we all do. Even if he does know things from whatever source(s), the dude let's on to that fact far too much, and it's going to come back and bite him and whoever is telling him this stuff, right in the ass one of these times.

I get it, they want to be the source for Ranger news and spoilers. No better feeling, than being the guy on the street with all of the inside connections. But maybe hold your cards closer to your chest.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

What? You don't want a dated early 2000s punk pop song sung by somebody who can't hold a note to save their life?
It's like, you get me dude.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:37 AM #97
> Theagames10
VIP Rider

Theagames10
VIP Rider

Dude, that was just a bet they made, not confirmation, and I did hear back like a year ago in 2017 that the actor for Dino Charge Green, Michael Taber, said he regretted being a Power Ranger on Dino Charge
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:38 AM #98
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

If it was made professionally the singing would be way better.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:43 AM #99
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Hayate❤️💕

SuperStar wrote: View Post

If it was made professionally the singing would be way better.
Okay, but the song still sucks. Lyrics Suck. The music sucks. The singing sucks. Fixing that last bit doesn't make it a good song...
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:45 AM #100
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

Okay, but the song still sucks. Lyrics Suck. The music sucks. The singing sucks. Fixing that last bit doesn't make it a good song...
Lyrics don't seem any worse than the majority of PR openings we already have. Music is pretty cool imo anyway.
Closed