Closed

Old January 19th, 2019, 05:58 AM #4961
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Peter wrote: View Post

They're all gonna die, aren't they?
Well Jai and Irey are in the Speed Force and Wally looked dead. My issue was that its hinted that Wally will be made the killer
Old January 19th, 2019, 06:24 AM #4962
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

They're all gonna die, aren't they?
Yes. And it's going to be horrible.
Old January 19th, 2019, 07:39 AM #4963
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Old January 19th, 2019, 09:20 AM #4964
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

Cameron Samurai wrote: View Post

There's a black suit in Far From Home, and Mysterio is in it. There's your synergy.
That's a Noir nod, man.
Old January 19th, 2019, 10:51 AM #4965
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Latest Superman 100-Page Giant

Clark tries to get a hold of Lois on an intergalactic phone line. He eventually gets a hold of her and they talk, but not before Clark begins to imagine several scenarios where Lois is brutally killed.

...Seriously, King, it's time to stop

George Perez will no longer be taking private commissions due to his ongoing health problems (which have already forced him to call it a career)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...e-commissions/

Last edited by Cameron Samurai; January 19th, 2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old January 19th, 2019, 12:00 PM #4966
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Never forget
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 19th, 2019, 12:12 PM #4967
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I like to think the Johns-controlled DC and the post-Johns DC are two seperate realities...Manhattan got peeved Supes beat him in one reality, jumped to another, did the exact same thing, got beaten the same way, but stuck around and arranged for the source wall to be broken which helped him fuck everyone up again
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 19th, 2019, 01:17 PM #4968
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

I like to think the Johns-controlled DC and the post-Johns DC are two seperate realities...Manhattan got peeved Supes beat him in one reality, jumped to another, did the exact same thing, got beaten the same way, but stuck around and arranged for the source wall to be broken which helped him fuck everyone up again
I like to think that most of New 52 didn't happen and barring a few things like Jon Kent, nothing changed after Flashpoint
Old January 19th, 2019, 02:23 PM #4969
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

That is in fact now the case. The first New 52 Teen Titans didn't happen at all (mainly because that version of Superboy didn't exist), and neither did the events of the Superman books. Justice League will have played out differently, as it was now the older Superman and not the younger version and Cyborg no longer has his origin there. It still ends the same way though, with Jessica Cruz's origin. Batman and Green Lantern pretty much ignored the reboot in the first place. GL was completely unaffected and in Batman it was mainly the Batgirls who were affected. Tim Drake was said to have always been Red Robin and not Robin, but his original origin has explicitly been restored. New 52 Wonder Woman's storyline turned out to be fake memories.

Some things from New 52 will have still happened - but not exactly as it was originally published.
Old January 19th, 2019, 02:29 PM #4970
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Not many were disputing the changes have created a mish-mash of established and recent continuity, it's just we're trying to headcanon excuses not to accept what Bendis, King and company are doing post-Johns, such as the increasing bleakness of DC yet again and Jon aging up.
Old January 19th, 2019, 02:50 PM #4971
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

I'm realistically hoping for a Li'l Super Sons. Li'l Talia Al Ghul and Li'l Lois having family friendly mommy adventures sounds awesome.
Old January 19th, 2019, 03:29 PM #4972
> Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

Mr. Underachiever
Thenubucanplaywithoutside

I picked up the TPB of Batman and Catwoman's wedding today from the library.

What. The fuck. Was that?!

So the first story was Booster's gift, which involved screwing up the time-stream to an unfathomable degree that got everybody killed in horrible ways. I mean, yeah, Booster's thoughtless, but a moron? Then we stopped to have a couple of stories where Joker racks up a body-count equivalent to a third world revolution, and the actual wedding issue was the two getting hitched on a random rooftop somewhere and Selina dumped him with a note and ran away?

I haven't been following any of King's stories in the Rebirth, and I certainly think that was a good decision.
The Booster Gold arc is some of the worst comics I've ever read, definitely the worst of 2018.

I don't want to hear any more about Tom King's 'character studies' when he had to assassinate Booster's character like that as a poor way to get him in Heroes in Crisis.
Old January 19th, 2019, 04:40 PM #4973
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Virus wrote: View Post

I like to think that most of New 52 didn't happen and barring a few things like Jon Kent, nothing changed after Flashpoint
The one problem there is that, by the time of "Flashpoint", DC had suffered through years of post-Identity Crisis bullshit, so a lot of the damage was already done.

If we have to retcon everything that sucked, let's go right the way back there and start again from that point.

Mr. Underachiever wrote: View Post

The Booster Gold arc is some of the worst comics I've ever read, definitely the worst of 2018.

I don't want to hear any more about Tom King's 'character studies' when he had to assassinate Booster's character like that as a poor way to get him in Heroes in Crisis.
Yeah, see, that was my issue. The resolution of the wedding story was terrible, sure, but the story with Booster before hand? Every part of that was just ... wrong, on every possible level.
Old January 19th, 2019, 06:58 PM #4974
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

The one problem there is that, by the time of "Flashpoint", DC had suffered through years of post-Identity Crisis bullshit, so a lot of the damage was already done.

If we have to retcon everything that sucked, let's go right the way back there and start again from that point.

Fair enough. Said that DC wanted Identity Crisis 2 with HIC.
Old January 19th, 2019, 07:15 PM #4975
> Dragonkent17
Tranquilo!!

Dragonkent17
Tranquilo!!

The state of DC Comics in 2018 and 2019 is becoming miserable right now with Didio's sabotaging on books and characters he's messing right now. Bendis aging up Jon is a terrible idea because the last time they age up another kryptonian (Chris) it failed and writing Lois so OOC, Tom King's run with Batman is absolutely dreadful to read that i quit reading the series, Scott Lobdell's Nightwing "Ric Grayson" is going NOWHERE and the epitome of garbage, Harley's becoming right now the Roman Reigns of DC Comics by having everybody playing to fiddle to her and sabotaging everybody to her in any event she has no role or business on it, Doomsday Clock is also going nowhere with it's plot on it's schedule delays, Heroes In Crisis becoming a cocktail of Identity Crisis, Cry for Justice and Ultimates 3 into one.

Ridiculous
Old January 19th, 2019, 07:21 PM #4976
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Dragonkent17 wrote: View Post

The state of DC Comics in 2018 and 2019 is becoming miserable right now with Didio's sabotaging on books and characters he's messing right now. Bendis aging up Jon is a terrible idea because the last time they age up another kryptonian (Chris) it failed and writing Lois so OOC, Tom King's run with Batman is absolutely dreadful to read that i quit reading the series, Scott Lobdell's Nightwing "Ric Grayson" is going NOWHERE and the epitome of garbage, Harley's becoming right now the Roman Reigns of DC Comics by having everybody playing to fiddle to her and sabotaging everybody to her in any event she has no role or business on it, Doomsday Clock is also going nowhere with it's plot on it's schedule delays, Heroes In Crisis becoming a cocktail of Identity Crisis, Cry for Justice and Ultimates 3 into one.

Ridiculous
Most of this is the trickle down effect from Didio. He and Lee just want it to be the early 90s again, despite that never working.
Old January 19th, 2019, 08:25 PM #4977
> Dragonkent17
Tranquilo!!

Dragonkent17
Tranquilo!!

Virus wrote: View Post

Most of this is the trickle down effect from Didio. He and Lee just want it to be the early 90s again, despite that never working.
In the words of Dewey from Malcom in the Middle - "This is the future now, old man"

Didio and Lee need get their skulls together a reality check that this isn't the 90's ad 2000's anymore, the era of Darker and Edgier comics is over.
Old January 19th, 2019, 09:44 PM #4978
> John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

John Pannozzi
Power Ranger

I leafed through a recent issue of Harley Quinn at a store a few weeks ago, and I thought it was funny FYI. Even had an appearance by Johnny DC.
Old January 20th, 2019, 12:57 AM #4979
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Dragonkent17 wrote: View Post

In the words of Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle - "This is the future now, old man"

Didio and Lee need get their skulls together a reality check that this isn't the 90's and 2000's anymore, the era of Darker and Edgier comics is over.
Well, actually darker and edgier doesn't always equal bad but yeah, that tone has been used excessively by DC under them. Same with that lighter and softer doesn't always equal good. Likewise, I just want Didio, Lee and Harras to depart, same with that I just Quesada, Brevoort and Perlmutter to depart from Marvel as despite the publisher improving its image recently, I still think those three need to leave because of so and so that really pissed off a lot of fans.

Uh, I wouldn't like that idea. Rebirth didn't retcon everything about the New 52 that sucked, so I don't really see the point on that at all.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; January 20th, 2019 at 01:07 AM.
Old January 20th, 2019, 01:21 AM #4980
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Spidey Daily Strip: Eh? Killgrave is afraid of heights? But earlier in the story Peter web-swung himself and Purple across New York with a safe towards a high rise apartment! Plot hole!
Closed