Old January 18th, 2019, 03:03 PM #681
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,586
BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger
BobbyDrake2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,586



So basically everything circles back around to where everyone was in the very first film, just with the newer actors and timeline.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2019, 03:31 PM #682
Peter's Avatar
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 30,886
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
Peter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 30,886



Activator wrote: View Post

The decade hopping in this franchise is ridiculous. That might be the most laughable thing about this movie so far--that he's a teacher now.
The franchise is almost over. Just grit your teeth and bear it, for one more movie.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 10:16 AM #683
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,223
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,223



The anticpation/ success of this movie just seems to be evaporating real fast.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ment-involved/

It feels like this should have come out months ago when more people might have been excited.

ďI went and saw Dark Phoenix a few months ago. While I didnít like Apocalypse, I still had high hopes because I still loved First Class and Days of Future Past. Unfortunately, the film was a huge disappointment. Terrible script, bland visuals and the weird choice to recreate scenes from The Last Stand Ė Foxís other attempt (failure) to adapt The Dark Phoenix storyline. There is ONE kind of an interesting twist midway but it didnít really do much for me.Ē
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 11:49 AM #684
Poweranimals's Avatar
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,579
Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
Poweranimals's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,579



Hey guys. I totally saw Dark Phoenix. Just take my word for it.
Poweranimals is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 19th, 2019, 12:20 PM #685
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,101
Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,101



Poweranimals wrote: View Post

Hey guys. I totally saw Dark Phoenix. Just take my word for it.
You shouldn't assume every article citing an anonymous source is anonymous to the journalist. Scepticism is one thing, acting like this is completely impossible is another. It's not like Dark Phoenix was set up to be a great movie and this information is knocking it down.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2019, 12:55 PM #686
Poweranimals's Avatar
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,579
Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
Poweranimals's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,579



I'm not saying it isn't possible but I'm not just going to take it at face value. If it was a site like the Hollywood Reporter I'd take it more seriously.
Poweranimals is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 19th, 2019, 02:24 PM #687
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720



Poweranimals wrote: View Post

I'm not saying it isn't possible but I'm not just going to take it at face value. If it was a site like the Hollywood Reporter I'd take it more seriously.
I agree. I just don't buy it at all and heck, I can't wait to see this film, whether it will end up good or not.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 12:26 PM #688
ranger_scout's Avatar
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,393
ranger_scout
Power Ranger
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,393



Psylocke won't be in the movie after all.
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2019, 11:53 AM #689
ranger_scout's Avatar
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,393
ranger_scout
Power Ranger
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 10,393



A new poster has been released. A new trailer drops tomorrow.



https://twitter.com/XMenMovies/statu...55705457319936
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2019, 12:16 PM #690
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,948
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,948



Wow, this is the first impressive thing I've seen about this movie.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2019, 11:57 PM #691
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720



ranger_scout wrote: View Post

Man, this looks cool.

Shame, really. I would've loved to see more of her as in having an expanded role but I can understand why she's absent.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 08:52 AM #692
Galaxy's Avatar
> Galaxy
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 591
Galaxy
Power Ranger
Galaxy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 591



ranger_scout wrote: View Post

A new poster has been released. A new trailer drops tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0WaGlBVAAAtX95.jpg:large
Really didn't need to be reminded about X3 Also, good job FOX on once again ignoring possibly the most iconic costume of any X-Man. Even as a movie franchise that hates costumes, you'd think we'd get a version of the Phoenix suit at least once. I really hope we don't see the Dark Phoenix storyline done by Marvel, at this point I'm sick of it.

It doesn't help that the writer/director keeps failing upward. Fant4stic bombs and Apocalypse is very much not a hit, but somehow the writer of both of these (and X-Men 3, actually) is given the writer and director job for Dark Phoenix. It has to be that FOX just didn't care at that point, because I don't know how to explain why we seem to be getting another version of X3 at this point.
Galaxy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 08:56 AM #693
Gold Samurai's Avatar
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,223
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 29,223



Well they canít really ignore their past can they? This franchise is almost 20 years old.
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:29 PM #694
toejammer's Avatar
> toejammer
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,160
toejammer
Power Ranger
toejammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,160




Last edited by toejammer; February 27th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:42 PM #695
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720
AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger
AdrenalineRush's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 7,720



Galaxy wrote: View Post

Really didn't need to be reminded about X3 Also, good job FOX on once again ignoring possibly the most iconic costume of any X-Man. Even as a movie franchise that hates costumes, you'd think we'd get a version of the Phoenix suit at least once. I really hope we don't see the Dark Phoenix storyline done by Marvel, at this point I'm sick of it.

It doesn't help that the writer/director keeps failing upward. Fant4stic bombs and Apocalypse is very much not a hit, but somehow the writer of both of these (and X-Men 3, actually) is given the writer and director job for Dark Phoenix. It has to be that FOX just didn't care at that point, because I don't know how to explain why we seem to be getting another version of X3 at this point.
Except that unlike The Last Stand, this is adapting The Dark Phoenix Saga as the main storyline than relegating it to a subplot.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:45 PM #696
Poweranimals's Avatar
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,579
Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!
Poweranimals's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 35,579



It looks like it has potential but I'm already kinda checked out of FOX's X-Men.
Poweranimals is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 10:47 PM #697
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,948
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Light in the distance
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80,948



Once again, Quicksilver is the best part.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:20 PM #698
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,706
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,706



Uhm. Did they just pull a Terminator: Genisys and reveal one of the big twists in the movie?

Kinda bold of them to reveal that Mystique gets killed off.


If not, well, that's certainly a ballsy misdirect.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:24 PM #699
Peter's Avatar
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 30,886
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
Peter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 30,886



It really feels like it's hitting the same beats as X3, and I know, obviously it is, but I've already seen a movie, just like this one, and honestly? I really don't feel like watching this one.

It doesn't even have Shawn Ashmore in it. I mean, what's the point?
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:25 PM #700
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,101
Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,101



TeraMan wrote: View Post

Uhm. Did they just pull a Terminator: Genisys and reveal one of the big twists in the movie?

Kinda bold of them to reveal that Mystique gets killed off.


If not, well, that's certainly a ballsy misdirect.
I don't think anyone over at Fox gives two shits anymore.

"Meh, when Disney finishes the deal they'll just write this off as a loss and rebuild..."
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.