Menu

Old October 15th, 2016, 01:05 AM #61
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
A Dino,a Wiz & a Wardrobe

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

CrimsonEcho wrote: View Post

Cmon reveal some more water types already
Technically, Wishiwashi is like 20 Water-types.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2016, 09:14 AM #62
> Sagiri

Sagiri

Primo Ron White wrote: View Post

Technically, Wishiwashi is like 20 Water-types.
I'm just imagining that, instead of a 2x weaknesses to Electric, a 2^20 times weakness to Electric.
Sagiri is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2016, 09:16 AM #63
> Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay

So, new info thanks to screenshots of the games' back covers has apparently leaked out:

1. Turtonator and Drampa do not evolve; their 'dex slots indicate single-stage.
2. They appear to be version exclusives, for Sun & Moon respectively.
Arkvoodle is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2016, 09:39 AM #64
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Got an iPhone last week, and I FINALLY started Pokemon Go. Went with Squirtle.

Gonna be hitting the streets tomorrow for a few hours and will check it out. Should be interesting playing it now when I believe it's fallen off the fad radar. I blame social media for the overexposure, and I wonder if it's still popular enough for updates and the later gens down the line. I just fear it may get abandoned.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2016, 10:20 AM #65
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

Got an iPhone last week, and I FINALLY started Pokemon Go. Went with Squirtle.

Gonna be hitting the streets tomorrow for a few hours and will check it out. Should be interesting playing it now when I believe it's fallen off the fad radar. I blame social media for the overexposure, and I wonder if it's still popular enough for updates and the later gens down the line. I just fear it may get abandoned.
You'd be surprised how popular it still is. When playing it you will definitely see someone else doing the same thing, especially if you go near some hotspot pokestops.

Plus there are still updates coming. Nothing about fixing the tracker, unfortunately.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 10:01 AM #66
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

CrimsonEcho wrote: View Post

Cmon reveal some more water types already
I admit, I figured with an island setting we'd get more water types this gen. But maybe there are that haven't been revealed yet.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 10:37 AM #67
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

Pokémon Go was a summer app so a lot of casuals jumped on. Once the school year started many just dropped out. Hardcore people still play but not in the droves. Plus, the lack of actual content update kinda brings the replay value down.
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 11:12 AM #68
> mysticforceknight
Power Ranger

mysticforceknight
Power Ranger

i need friends for when pokemon sun and moon comes out my friend code is 4012-8291-1189 i also play pokemon x and need friends for safari zones please add me and let me know you have so i can add others
mysticforceknight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 04:17 PM #69
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

ultrakill wrote: View Post

Pokémon Go was a summer app so a lot of casuals jumped on. Once the school year started many just dropped out. Hardcore people still play but not in the droves. Plus, the lack of actual content update kinda brings the replay value down.
Very true. I haven't really played for the last two months. Well last month during a con I played some when I had the time, but not like going out and hunting. Partially because of the tracker, and partially because it's all the same pokemon. There're still several I don't have that aren't just evolutions, and aside from one spot that spawns dratini regularly I haven't really found any other good spots. Plus, just don't have the time. It was fun, but I think the hype harmed it. Everyone flooded in, going out in droves to canvas their area. But once that was done a few times and it's the same stuff...it becomes boring and unless you're traveling around a lot it's all the same. I was bummed cause I went to a concert recently kind of far away, and forgot to boot up the game to see what was around. But otherwise...pidgeys and rattatas. Always figured this was going to be a hard game to keep going. Yeah, they could come out with each gen of pokemon spaced out a few months or several months apart but that's basically finite before you catch up with the games and then Go would just sit without anything to update till the next gen comes out.

It's kind of like the games themselves. They have a little more staying power, but not a lot. You play, beat the game and if you're a competitive player you have more to do refining your training and building up a good team. If your not, there's a bit of post game stuff but then other than collecting pokemon that's it. They're fun, but staying power isn't great. Hell, sometimes it's hard just getting through the game itself. Not hard as in a challenge, just hard as a struggle. I know for me, I'm still not done with OR. Right now I've been sitting at Victory Road for awhile, cause I have to train before facing the Elite 4. But training blows totally unless you're using just certain types and even then. Sure, I can just use those pokemon and let exp share do the rest but that's still pretty slow going. So it kills my drive. Gonna shoot for getting it done before S/M though, but beyond that I'll probably just stop playing it at that point except for getting event pokemon and trading over to Sun.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 04:28 PM #70
> precita
Power Ranger

precita
Power Ranger

Pokemon Go was an obvious passing fad. Its still doing extremely well (I think a news article I saw on the gaming sites said its still averaging millions of downloads a day), but yeah it was bound to be dropped.

It might have a slight spike once they start adding Johto pokemon to it, but I don't see it having much success beyond that.
precita is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 04:29 PM #71
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

Most casuals don't even particularly care about Pokemon past the original 150. Whatever spike it gets once more gens get added will be small.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 10:04 PM #72
> precita
Power Ranger

precita
Power Ranger

Yep, I'm sure when they add Johto, Hoenn, etc. pokemon to Go....most of the casuals won't even care. Besides it seems its going to take them a long time to even add new pokemon to the game, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a whole year before Johto pokemon are added.

Besides with Sun/Moon coming out I think people would rather play the "real" pokemon games rather than a casual spinoff.
Old October 17th, 2016, 12:55 AM #73
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

So Mallow seems to be older than Ash and some of the other characters. But there is some previews showing her holding hands with Ash. ASH IS INTO OLDER WOMEN, PEOPLE!
Adara.2 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 01:05 AM #74
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

Adara.2 wrote: View Post

So Mallow seems to be older than Ash and some of the other characters. But there is some previews showing her holding hands with Ash. ASH IS INTO OLDER WOMEN, PEOPLE!
Or it could be a very steamy harem. Huhuhuhuhhuhu......

I think the writers are trying to replicate the ship tease from x and y :p If only to screw with the fans again.
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 02:17 AM #75
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Or Mallow just wanted to guide him through the region and people are reading too much into it
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 05:23 AM #76
> Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

Ataruman
The Brat With a Belltier

Eh, Ash wouldn't have to worry too much if it weren't for the space-time warp that keeps turning him back into a 10 year old every few years. He's just about got the mind of a 30 year old in there at this point so Mallow should be a viable candidate. (then again I'd fear for Ash if her Bounsweet starts evolving...)
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 12:21 PM #77
> precita
Power Ranger

precita
Power Ranger

I'm surprised the S/M anime has 3 new main girls for the first time, Lillie, Mallow and Lana. We're used to only having one token girl every 3-4 years besides Bonnie who was still an underage kid character, that its surprising to see 3 main girls of the same age on the cast.

For years people wondered why there couldn't be two main girls on the cast, or why every female lead had to leave for the next one. Its kind of ironic that now there's 3 girls for the first time, even if Serena is leaving anyway.

I can't get too excited though, its obvious all these characters will be support characters since S/M looks like another Ash-focused series. I doubt the female leads will ever get to star in their own quests ever again.
Old October 17th, 2016, 01:48 PM #78
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

When being a nerd has its perks haha. My cousin made this for my birthday (was on the 13th, celebrated yesterday).
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 01:56 PM #79
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest

AkaPrimoKanyeWest

precita wrote: View Post

I doubt the female leads will ever get to star in their own quests ever again.
They shouldn't, those quests were pretty pointless.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 02:03 PM #80
> shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

Primo Ron White wrote: View Post

They shouldn't, those quests were pretty pointless.
Stamp collecting is pretty pointless unless you're a fan, which applies both to the girl's contests AND Ash's various fighting leagues.None of them are what anyone would call "practical" but they're enjoyed by the protagonists and their Pokemon, so that's reason enough to do them.

The real issue is whether they're to told well, like will Ash win a gym in one shot or if he has to train In a miniarc with a personal issue to confront. (And is the main reason why he needs to win a canon league. If he won every one they're boring. If he loses every one they're also boring.)
shoujoaifan01 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
eternally 10, pokemon