Home Menu

Menu

Old May 29th, 2014, 02:12 PM #61
> Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Merlin

tavionjackson wrote: View Post

Noobs story was the best out of all of the MK kharacters if you ask me.
Only because they cleverly retconned it. For years before Deception Noob was a lame unimpressive follower of Shinnok. Whoever had that stroke of genius to combine the other character's storyline with it deserved a raise.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:43 PM #62
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Haven't really played any of the recent games. Last I played was Deception my cousins owned for PS2. Used to own MKII for Game Boy, and still have Trilogy and 4 for PS1. Have the first movie on vhs still.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:21 PM #63
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

Merlin wrote: View Post

I was a huge MK fan until Armageddon. I haven't owned consoles since, so I haven't played the new one, but watched it on Youtube. It looks a lot of fun.

I'm really looking forward to the cast of MK4 getting fleshed out in the next game. They had a lot of potential but were severely overshadowed by Quan Chi's participation in everything else, and Armageddon didn't give them proper dues.

I really, really want Fujin in the next game. The heroes could definitely use a second god character, and Fujin was always my favourite MK4 hero. He's got a very different moveset from Raiden that's unique enough to make him stand out. They've kept him popping up through Deception and Kratos' MK9 ending so clearly there's still interest in him. He's a friend of the Edenian royal family, so that could be a start, maybe something to do with Jerrod, Sindel, or Kitana now that the idiot Armageddon brothers are out of the picture.

Kai and Jarek were bland characters and really need better identities. I like Jarek's new rope moves and Kai's vertical moves, but as characters in the story they're just awful. I hope they get revamps to play more important roles. I'd like to use Kai as a gateway to explore the White Lotus Society, something that keeps getting mentioned in bios and was touched on slightly in Deception, but we've never really seen intimately. Jarek needs a big overhaul with Kano and Kabal both in the mix already; he's almost a joke character now.

MK9 is on Steam, you know.
kainhighwind2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:30 PM #64
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Only because they cleverly retconned it. For years before Deception Noob was a lame unimpressive follower of Shinnok. Whoever had that stroke of genius to combine the other character's storyline with it deserved a raise.
Yeah, when did they bring in that aspect of the story that revealed Noob Saibot was the original Sub-Zero? I agree that's definitely an unexpected twist.

It also reinforces the idea of why I want Cyber Sub-Zero to say the way he is in the new timeline. Both Lin Kuei ice ninja bros are now shadows of their former selves and plays with the idea of their relationship, especially when the two confront each other in 9's story mode.

Kinda surreal to talk about character relationships and story tragedies in a game that is most infamous for a head and spine being torn out of a body. Maybe that's why a lot of people latched onto 9's story and found it one of the best parts of the game.
Xalfrea is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:40 PM #65
> Merlin

Merlin

The retcon happened in Deception. The last mention of Noob as a separate character was Version 1 of MK4 where he was the secret character before being replaced by Reiko when they felt the game had too many ninjas. He was a servant of Shinnok just like in Trilogy.
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:50 PM #66
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Speaking of MK 4 did anyone ever have a gameshark to play as kitana and get the new skull stage? Also any one play MK gold?
tavionjackson is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:55 PM #67
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Anyone else remember the old commercials for the first game when it came out on consoles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewVx9eki3CU
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:06 PM #68
> PegasasuRanger
Banned

PegasasuRanger
Banned

Zeo-Gold92 wrote: View Post

I totally forgot about Chan Kang. I'd be cool with a few new characters. But I'm so stuck on the oldies dead or not so they'd have to be incredible.
Chan doesn't really exist in the games. Liu Kang's brother in the games is called Chow.

That would be John Vogel, replacing the over rated John Tobias, starting in MKDA. He came up with awesome ideas like Liu Kang dying at the beginning of MKDA, the awesome Konquest mode in Deception, and the plot twists like Noob Saibot's relationship with Sub-Zero.
Unfortunately, a lot of the stuff in Armageddon and the "reboot" were extremely dumb.

Last edited by PegasasuRanger; May 29th, 2014 at 06:06 PM.
PegasasuRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:11 PM #69
> nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

Only dumb thing in the reboot was coping out and killing about 2/3rds of the cast in one go against a character that shouldn't of been that strong.
nintenfan3424 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:17 PM #70
> Nielzabub
Sixth Ranger

Nielzabub
Sixth Ranger

I loved Deadly Alliance and Deception. Armageddon was terrible in both story and mechanics. MK9 while not being as good as Deception was still a step in the right direction. I did actually really like the story mode though.
Nielzabub is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:02 PM #71
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

Does anyone know if Mortal Kombat Legacy season 2 is getting a blu ray release, like the first season did?
Old May 29th, 2014, 09:29 PM #72
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

The good thing about most of the characters dying over the course of MK9/MK'11's storyline is that the field is now wide open when it comes to (re)using/introducing characters from MK4/MKG, MKDA, MKD/MKU, and MKA in future games.
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 09:52 PM #73
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

nintenfan3424 wrote: View Post

Only dumb thing in the reboot was coping out and killing about 2/3rds of the cast in one go against a character that shouldn't of been that strong.
I keep thinking we will have some kind of tournament in the Neatherrealm to bring them back.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:57 PM #74
> bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

bushwacka666
We all like a bit of bush

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

But introducing entirely new characters? I dunno. Granted, DA and Deception have given us characters that many already look back on fondly, but there's still tons that many dislike. For example, Hsu Hao and Drahmin. They were so bad even Ed Boon doesn't want them back. Then in Deception you've got Kobra and Kira. By this point MK1-3 has become beloved and practically all their characters are liked to a certain degree. 4 it seems has slowly reached that point as well, but DA, Deception and Armageddon are a different story.
I know what you mean when you talk about characters like Hsu Hao and Kobra. The only two new characters that Armageddon introduced though were Taven and Daegon, and for some reason I'd always been under the impression that they (or at least Taven) had been fairly well received.

Was I wrong?
bushwacka666 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 12:17 AM #75
> kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

kainhighwind2
Magna Power!

I'm hoping for Fujin and Reiko to return. Think they'll kill Baraka, like with what happened in MK 4?

Speaking of Baraka, he was literally chopped in half by Kung Lao, and held together by metal in MK Gold. How'd he come back in Deception without requiring a wheelchair and personal assistant to make sure he wasn't peeing his pants and could eat?
Old May 30th, 2014, 12:41 AM #76
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

I want all the characters from the the original game to current, plus all the movies, animes, cartoon, an that include new ones plus all the Dc Characters from DcUniverse vs MortalKombat!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 03:01 AM #77
> Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

OmniverseRanger wrote: View Post

I want all the characters from the the original game to current, plus all the movies, animes, cartoon, an that include new ones plus all the Dc Characters from DcUniverse vs MortalKombat!
You forgot to mention that you'd like majority of them to combine as well
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 04:59 AM #78
> Merlin

Merlin

bushwacka666 wrote: View Post

I know what you mean when you talk about characters like Hsu Hao and Kobra. The only two new characters that Armageddon introduced though were Taven and Daegon, and for some reason I'd always been under the impression that they (or at least Taven) had been fairly well received.

Was I wrong?
I didn't think Taven and Daegon are particularly necessary for the franchise. The purpose of making Armageddon was to finally get all the previous characters into 3D. The brothers seemed like they were only to put something new into the game through Konquest.

I think Taven was better received than Shujinko since he has an original moveset, but he's a pretty bland character as a fighter anyway. His most valuable trait is that he expands our knowledge of Edenians, which had been fairly thin until then despite Tanya and Rain. But now that the timeline is rewritten, there's no need to have T&D anymore. That's why I'm in favour of Jerrod, someone who's been part of the backstory for years, and an Edenian who can contribute very valuable info to Sindel, Kitana, and others, as well as serve as the "senior citizen" fighter instead of Shujinko. A fighting Argus palette, so to speak.

BTW did anyone else think Taven was modeled after Ben Affleck?
Old May 30th, 2014, 07:49 AM #79
> evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

kainhighwind2 wrote: View Post

Speaking of Baraka, he was literally chopped in half by Kung Lao, and held together by metal in MK Gold. How'd he come back in Deception without requiring a wheelchair and personal assistant to make sure he wasn't peeing his pants and could eat?
He healed I guess. Tarkatans might be have great natural healing abilties, giving them the ability to come back from being cut in 2. He even had staples in his head. How the hell does that work?

That's why I'm in favour of Jerrod, someone who's been part of the backstory for years, and an Edenian who can contribute very valuable info to Sindel, Kitana, and others, as well as serve as the "senior citizen" fighter instead of Shujinko. A fighting Argus palette, so to speak.
But Jerrod died forever ago. Instead of having a "fighting Argus palette", why not have Argus himself? Since his forces are pretty much dead, it wouldn't be shocking if Raiden asked other protective gods to help him against Shinnok.

I didn't think Taven and Daegon are particularly necessary for the franchise. The purpose of making Armageddon was to finally get all the previous characters into 3D. The brothers seemed like they were only to put something new into the game through Konquest.
But they're still deep sleeping in the current storyline. If Blaze was still captured by Onaga's men, the problem of the Armageddon might still happen. After all, Raiden changing the timeline was only to prevent Shao Kahn from attaining ultimate power, not prevent Armageddon itself.
evilstarlegacy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:15 AM #80
> Merlin

Merlin

evilstarlegacy wrote: View Post

But Jerrod died forever ago. Instead of having a "fighting Argus palette", why not have Argus himself? Since his forces are pretty much dead, it wouldn't be shocking if Raiden asked other protective gods to help him against Shinnok.
Sindel was brought back from the dead after she died forever ago. Kahn killed Jerrod in order to claim her. Bring him back and have him fight for the heroes instead of a zombie for Quan Chi, to reclaim his wife and daughter.

I'm against a different god other than Fujin appearing, because he's gotten short thrift. The more gods the heroes have the more unbalanced it becomes, so I think Raiden and Fujin are enough. Argus would be superfluous as we've never had reason to care about him before save for finding out he's Rain's father, a fact that's glossed over in the reboot. Fujin already has a connection to the Edenians anyway.

But they're still deep sleeping in the current storyline. If Blaze was still captured by Onaga's men, the problem of the Armageddon might still happen. After all, Raiden changing the timeline was only to prevent Shao Kahn from attaining ultimate power, not prevent Armageddon itself.
True, but that means that the series is "locked" into the past Armageddon story anyway instead of re-working it with the reboot. If we're merely returning to the Armageddon position along a different route, we're just delaying the inevitable and I don't see the point (practical, non-fictionally) of starting the series fresh.

The fresh changes they've made should be enough to prevent them from having to retread that climactic story. It's similar to the point of X-Men: Days of Future Past: reset it all and go out and away from what's been done, with Raiden/Wolverine the keeper of the old memories.