Home Menu

Menu

Old May 29th, 2014, 05:20 AM #41
> Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

oh god yes! I pulled the trigger and ordered Shaolin Monks, found a sealed copy dirt cheap.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:22 AM #42
> Merlin
The Burning Flame Element

Merlin

I was a huge MK fan until Armageddon. I haven't owned consoles since, so I haven't played the new one, but watched it on Youtube. It looks a lot of fun.

I'm really looking forward to the cast of MK4 getting fleshed out in the next game. They had a lot of potential but were severely overshadowed by Quan Chi's participation in everything else, and Armageddon didn't give them proper dues.

I really, really want Fujin in the next game. The heroes could definitely use a second god character, and Fujin was always my favourite MK4 hero. He's got a very different moveset from Raiden that's unique enough to make him stand out. They've kept him popping up through Deception and Kratos' MK9 ending so clearly there's still interest in him. He's a friend of the Edenian royal family, so that could be a start, maybe something to do with Jerrod, Sindel, or Kitana now that the idiot Armageddon brothers are out of the picture.

Kai and Jarek were bland characters and really need better identities. I like Jarek's new rope moves and Kai's vertical moves, but as characters in the story they're just awful. I hope they get revamps to play more important roles. I'd like to use Kai as a gateway to explore the White Lotus Society, something that keeps getting mentioned in bios and was touched on slightly in Deception, but we've never really seen intimately. Jarek needs a big overhaul with Kano and Kabal both in the mix already; he's almost a joke character now.
Merlin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:49 AM #43
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Lightsaberboy wrote: View Post

i was kinda sad how sub zero got turned into a cyber ninja in the latest mk game. but since most of em got killed anyways, maybe they'll find a way to rectify that >_> XD
For the sake of consistency I do hope that they keep Cyber Sub-Zero, but I wouldn't put it past them reverting him back just because he's freaking Sub-Zero. At the very least they can keep him that way in story mode, while in arcade mode they can keep Classic Sub-Zero as a separate character.

I hope Fujin would be one of the characters at the forefront next game, but as far as Edenia goes I wonder what could be done considering that, you know, Kitana and Sindel (and Jade) are dead. Maybe he could have something to do with Tanya and Rain.

Not sure what they can do with Kai aside from what was suggested, but Jarek could be brought in as a new partner of Kano now that Kabal switched allegiances. And is dead.
Xalfrea is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:53 AM #44
> Merlin

Merlin

Ehh, the popular dead characters rarely stay dead forever. I have a feeling Zombie Kang would have been restored to life for good one day if they'd continued the Armageddon timeline. He's not someone forgetful like Mavado. If all of the dead characters under Quan Chi's control have become the new roster of villains to fight in the next game, it seems rather stark.

We hear a lot about Jerrod but he never appears. Ermac gave him a way in last game, so they ought to bring him back in full. They could use an older humanoid character who's not Shujinko.
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:04 AM #45
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

The way the situation presents itself now is rather interesting because it's practically a three-way battle.

You've got the definite good forces, which right now are just Raiden, Sonya, and Johnny Cage. They could possibly be bolstered by characters that'll come in from 4, DA and Deception.

Then there's the remnants of Shao Kahn, which consist of Kano, Goro, Reptile, Ermac, Mileena, Baraka, Kintaro, Sheeva, Cyrax and Sektor. Either they band together, turn on each other, ally themselves with the good guys, or ally themselves with Shinnok and Quan Chi.

And then of course there's Shinnok's band, with Quan Chi and his motley crew of slaughtered MK1-MK3 characters. Scorpion and Noob Saibot possibly may still be serving under Quan Chi as well.

The only two dead characters that are unaccounted for are Shang Tsung and Liu Kang. Shao Kahn is likely deader than dead, and so is Motaro.
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:13 AM #46
> Merlin

Merlin

They also promised new regular characters this time, so I'm betting there will be a new martial arts protagonist who finds his way into the story and becomes the champion replacing Liu Kang. Admittedly I was tired of the 90s Bruce Lee clones, and with Kung Lao dead, it'd be nice to see what they can come up with for a totally new fighter.

I'd love it to be a woman, but they're probably afraid of alienating the teen male players if the leader of the heroes is female.
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:23 AM #47
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Personally I'm rather iffy on them introducing new characters. If it's a character that's drawn from mythos, story, or ascended glitches like Skarlett, or like you suggested Jerrod, then I wouldn't mind them.

But introducing entirely new characters? I dunno. Granted, DA and Deception have given us characters that many already look back on fondly, but there's still tons that many dislike. For example, Hsu Hao and Drahmin. They were so bad even Ed Boon doesn't want them back. Then in Deception you've got Kobra and Kira. By this point MK1-3 has become beloved and practically all their characters are liked to a certain degree. 4 it seems has slowly reached that point as well, but DA, Deception and Armageddon are a different story.

I suppose they could give us one or two new characters, as a testing ground. But to pull a Street Fighter III would probably not go over too well.
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:33 AM #48
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction

eBay

Yeah, I don't think we'll be getting a plethora of new characters. Just a small amount that will make sense to the story mode. Though I wonder, would the developers be ballsy enough to bring in Chan Kang as the new protagonist?
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:37 AM #49
> Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

I totally forgot about Chan Kang. I'd be cool with a few new characters. But I'm so stuck on the oldies dead or not so they'd have to be incredible.
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:39 AM #50
> Merlin

Merlin

Chan would be nice, and visually make him resemble a young Robin Shou, or Paolo Montalban, or another actor who's memorable to the franchise. I imagine he would have one of Liu's signature moves to make him familiar, and then a roster of new ones. It worked in DA when they gave Kung Lao a flying kick.
Old May 29th, 2014, 06:41 AM #51
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Who all survivor MK9 those who survived are the only returning original MK characters from MK1-3. So the field is open for those who came after as well as new characters to fill in the gap for the missing originals.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:20 AM #52
> evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

Shao Kahn got mauled by the Elder Gods, there's no way he's coming back from that. Shame on them if he does.

The villains won't all team up together. They never do. Sektor will probably stay a loose cannon. We need a deranged robot. Cyrax might turn to the side of good like in the original time line, considering his conversation with Raiden during the MK1 tournament.

I can see Reptile, Baraka and Mileena aligning themselves with Shinnok, Reptile for the same reasons he did in the original timeline and Baraka and Mileena because they're mostly evil.

Then what if Sareena saves Cyber Sub-Zero from Shinnok because of her links to his brother?! Obviously the "Mythologies" part still happened since it was before MK1. You can give him a costume that is a mix of both http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com...cyrax/bio2.gif and http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com...bzero/bio2.jpg, making him still a cyborg at heart but with a ninja looking costume.

Add to that the good cast of the second trilogy.

Raiden
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Cyrax
Fujin
Kai
Bo' Rai Cho
Li Mei
Sareena
Sub-Zero

Not a bad bunch, eh?

Quantum Wolf wrote: View Post

By this point MK1-3 has become beloved and practically all their characters are liked to a certain degree. 4 it seems has slowly reached that point as well, but DA, Deception and Armageddon are a different story.
Mortal Kombat, like any series, has a bunch of detractors that only like the older stuff and are very vocal. For every person claiming that Mavado should never been seen in Mortal Kombat again, there's 5 people who would love to have him back.
evilstarlegacy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:40 AM #53
> Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

Zeo-Gold92
'Don't Fall On My Faith'

^ I'm one of those 5 . I'd love to see Bo Rai Cho, he was such a great character and i had a blast using him. Puke puddle was lol.
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:35 AM #54
> nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

nintenfan3424
Making Strong Look Reigns

Speaking of MK X

Ed Boon has been trolling us hard on twitter. Hoping for an announcement at E3
nintenfan3424 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 09:06 AM #55
> Chiron723
Power Ranger

Chiron723
Power Ranger

Maybe we'll finally get Tremor in a core game!
Chiron723 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 10:56 AM #56
> evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

evilstarlegacy
Power Ranger

Chiron723 wrote: View Post

Maybe we'll finally get Tremor in a core game!
I wouldn't be surprised. Tremor's popularity has exploded in recent years for some reason and he's like the new generation Ermac and Skarlet. And with the awesome redesigns they gave the pallette swaps in MK2011, he's gonna get the chance to shine!

He had a little story revision with his Vita MK11 cameo, where he was imprisoned by the Special Forces after they received an anoynmous tip about his whereabouts (from Kano, who betrayed him). After escaping prison, he targets Kano and Jax for revenge. Combine this with the MK11 story(he escaped prison when the special forces HQ was raided by monsters and demons during Outworld's assault on earth at the end) and started searching for Kano. Eventually Quan Chi or Shinnok notice him and the destruction he causes looking for one man, and promise him Kano if he helps them.

I don't think powerful sorcerers like Shinnok and Quan Chi have much use for a regular guy like Kano.
evilstarlegacy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 12:53 PM #57
> OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

OmniMystechRanger
SPECIAL MODERATOR, LORD, MASTER & BOSS OF STUPID UGLY FACE: GREENBEASTFIST & HASSO PRIMO

I like to see a Mortal Kombat game the rerelease all the games up to current new one, plus add in all the characters from the movies an show an comic an such to it, an it would have crossover with Dc an SoulCalibur!
OmniMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 12:57 PM #58
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Noobs story was the best out of all of the MK kharacters if you ask me.
tavionjackson is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:42 PM #59
> DigificWriter
Banned

DigificWriter
Banned

Question: IF I were to buy MK'11 just to experience it, would it be better to get the original version of the game or the Komplete Edition?
DigificWriter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:54 PM #60
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod

Komplete. Should be dirt cheap at this point, since you're getting the extra skins and the other DLC characters.

Unless if for some reason you don't want the extra characters and skins, otherwise get the regular version which should be even cheaper.
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote